Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,356 members, 7,780,965 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:30 AM

Too Much Are Expected Of Women, How Fair Is It? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Too Much Are Expected Of Women, How Fair Is It? (1396 Views)

Understanding The Secret Language Of Women / Women, How Do You Feel When You Love A Man But Can't Tell Him? / 4 Reasons Why Women Are Expected To Live Longer Than Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Too Much Are Expected Of Women, How Fair Is It? by queencalipso(f): 7:31am On Oct 01, 2016
Good morning house, it's a new month and a beautiful morning. Happy new month and Independence Day to us.

Recently I have been thinking about the role of a woman in the life of a man, I can't help but wonder why so much is expected of a woman and not the man.

In this present generation, a woman is expected to work, to bring something to the table in terms of finance in order to cushion the effect on the man, share in his responsibilities as the head of the house and still carry out her wifely duties/ responsibilities as a woman without complain. Am an advocate of women being independent and helping out their man in anyway they can, but the question here is this, why can't they also help in our expected duties?

Biblically/ islamically a man is suppose to take full care of his wife and kids, everything, down to her smallest need the reason most Muslim/ Hausa women are house wives. she in turn is expected to do her duties as d wife while he provides the finance but westernisation have made women to strive for independence and share in the duties of a man which is a good thing.

But why can't they also share in our duties? What is wrong for a man to help his wife in doing the laundry, cook, take care of the kids and clean up the house every once in a while? If am to help out in his God ordained duties, he should also be willing to help out in mine.

Cc, Toks2008

Safarigirl

Talktobella

Berbieklaus
Contactmorack

Let's here your opinion...

1 Like

Re: Too Much Are Expected Of Women, How Fair Is It? by Tallesty1(m): 7:32am On Oct 01, 2016
Keep quiet

2 Likes

Re: Too Much Are Expected Of Women, How Fair Is It? by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 01, 2016
cheesy
Re: Too Much Are Expected Of Women, How Fair Is It? by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 01, 2016
Tallesty1:
Keep quiet
Sir I think you've said it all grin

1 Like

Re: Too Much Are Expected Of Women, How Fair Is It? by Tallesty1(m): 7:40am On Oct 01, 2016
CreamyMoltenLar:
Sir I think you've said it all grin
Lols.

Every time men this men that as if we are responsible for their monthly periods.

Imagine saying that men do not help with house works.

4 Likes

Re: Too Much Are Expected Of Women, How Fair Is It? by IamLEGEND1: 8:20am On Oct 01, 2016
mtcheeeeeewwwww.

2 Likes

Re: Too Much Are Expected Of Women, How Fair Is It? by queencalipso(f): 9:08am On Oct 01, 2016
Tallesty1:
Keep quiet

If you don't like the thread, you need not comment. Besides, you weren't invited.

1 Like

Re: Too Much Are Expected Of Women, How Fair Is It? by Tallesty1(m): 9:34am On Oct 01, 2016
queencalipso:

If you don't like the thread, you need not comment. Besides, you weren't invited.
I don't need an invitation to comment on threads in a public forum.

2 Likes

Re: Too Much Are Expected Of Women, How Fair Is It? by ednut1(m): 11:01am On Oct 01, 2016
no marry. bcom a baby mama. case closed

2 Likes

Re: Too Much Are Expected Of Women, How Fair Is It? by romanticdude(m): 3:45pm On Oct 01, 2016
queencalipso:

baby girl I will wash ur pants sef...don't mind those guys
Re: Too Much Are Expected Of Women, How Fair Is It? by dollyjoy(f): 3:47pm On Oct 01, 2016
Modify the topic op,you made a mistake.
Re: Too Much Are Expected Of Women, How Fair Is It? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 01, 2016
It is normal for a man to help in house chores but it is not their duty.

smiley
Re: Too Much Are Expected Of Women, How Fair Is It? by Zackpraise(m): 3:55pm On Oct 01, 2016
Ask you Mum...she will xplain beta

2 Likes

Re: Too Much Are Expected Of Women, How Fair Is It? by Jenny1010(f): 4:05pm On Oct 01, 2016
some men wont help out in anything; they wont let you work out of jealousy, yet they wont give you enough money to take care of yourself. In the night they wont even allow you sleep.

2 Likes

Re: Too Much Are Expected Of Women, How Fair Is It? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 01, 2016
Jenny1010:
some men wont help out in anything; they wont let you work out of jealousy, yet they wont give you enough money to take care of yourself. In the night they wont even allow you sleep.
Hahahahahaha. You nailed it! And some women also will not cook for you, they always feel jealous and insecure whenever your phone rings and most funniest thing is; they will never let you sleep at night. They always want the stuff that will make them moan in pleasure.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Too Much Are Expected Of Women, How Fair Is It? by Jenny1010(f): 4:19pm On Oct 01, 2016
DeeTus:
Hahahahahaha. You nailed it! And some women also will not cook for you, they always feel jealous and insecure whenever your phone rings and most funniest thing is; they will never let you sleep at night. They always want the stuff that will make them moan in pleasure.

no woman does that

1 Like

Re: Too Much Are Expected Of Women, How Fair Is It? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 01, 2016
Re: Too Much Are Expected Of Women, How Fair Is It? by queencalipso(f): 7:36pm On Oct 01, 2016
Zackpraise:
Ask you Mum...she will xplain beta

You needn't bring my mum into this! angry can't you state your opinion without going that path!!

Am a well brought up girl, I know what is expected of me.

I asked this question Cz of d numerous thread about what is expected of women. One even told us to become zombies even when our husbands are cheating. Another said his fiancée can't wash/refused to wash his clothes! Like seriously is that even suppose to be an issue?

She can decide to help if she wish to but she's under no obligation to do so. What happened to his hands?

And pls learn to communicate without referring to people's parents.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Too Much Are Expected Of Women, How Fair Is It? by Zackpraise(m): 9:24pm On Oct 01, 2016
queencalipso:

You needn't bring my mum into this! angry can't you state your opinion without going that path!!

Am a well brought up girl, I know what is expected of me.

I asked this question Cz of d numerous thread about what is expected of women. One even told us to become zombies even when our husbands are cheating. Another said his fiancée can't wash/refused to wash his clothes! Like seriously is that even suppose to be an issue?

She can decide to help if she wish to but she's under no obligation to do so. What happened to his hands?

And pls learn to communicate without referring to people's parents.
Re: Too Much Are Expected Of Women, How Fair Is It? by LuvU2: 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2016
You as a woman must demand fair game frm ur man else u flow with the oppressive tide wink

2 Likes

Re: Too Much Are Expected Of Women, How Fair Is It? by mctowel01: 4:39am On Mar 12, 2017
Too much expected?? Very funny... cos you ve been so entitled not to see that feeding, paying rent, clothing, light, gas, renovation expenses, other expenses..like laundry, school fees, transportation, medical bills(which can seerve one's finances), outings, etc...for a man, wife and kids is one hell of a responsibility. You think these bills are easy to handle?
Re: Too Much Are Expected Of Women, How Fair Is It? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 16, 2017
queencalipso:
Good morning house, it's a new month and a beautiful morning. Happy new month and Independence Day to us.

Recently I have been thinking about the role of a woman in the life of a man, I can't help but wonder why so much is expected of a woman and not the man.

In this present generation, a woman is expected to work, to bring something to the table in terms of finance in order to cushion the effect on the man, share in his responsibilities as the head of the house and still carry out her wifely duties/ responsibilities as a woman without complain. Am an advocate of women being independent and helping out their man in anyway they can, but the question here is this, why can't they also help in our expected duties?

Biblically/ islamically a man is suppose to take full care of his wife and kids, everything, down to her smallest need the reason most Muslim/ Hausa women are house wives. she in turn is expected to do her duties as d wife while he provides the finance but westernisation have made women to strive for independence and share in the duties of a man which is a good thing.

But why can't they also share in our duties? What is wrong for a man to help his wife in doing the laundry, cook, take care of the kids and clean up the house every once in a while? If am to help out in his God ordained duties, he should also be willing to help out in mine.

Cc, Toks2008

Safarigirl

Talktobella

Berbieklaus
Contactmorack

Let's here your opinion...

Hmmm...

(1) (Reply)

How To Kiss A Girl For The First Time Without Mistakes Tutorial101 (guys Only) / Should She Tell Her New Found Love About Her Ugly Past? / It Feels Like Home Already. Thank You Romanceland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.