Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Working Legally In Austria - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Working Legally In Austria (83167 Views)

Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) / Nigerians Living In Austria,how Is Life Over There / How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Working Legally In Austria by kingdemej: 5:08pm On Feb 15, 2012
@Asiwaju
i really need your help now and whatever you can do to help me will be what i will appreciate about you in these lifetime of mine
i got the admission @jku linz in (Austria) last year and i applied for a visa in India were i have been residing for almost 2 years, i submitted my applications on 8th of December 2011,they told me it will take 6 to 8weeks and if there is any required document needed i will be informed but till now i got nothing ,not even a message from the home office in Austria i mailed the embassy here in India they told my visa is under process that i will be informed accordingly,please what do you think i should do,though am still patience and have hope.but to me is getting to long for the visa to come out.please what can you do to help me by contacting people as you ve said if it might helped me out
i will really appreciate it ,i expect your reply as soon as possible
Thanks
Re: Working Legally In Austria by shaboy(m): 5:24pm On Feb 15, 2012
king demej:

@Asiwaju
i really need your help now and whatever you can do to help me will be what i will appreciate about you in these lifetime of mine
i got the admission @jku linz in (Austria) last year and i applied for a visa in India were i have been residing for almost 2 years, i submitted my applications on 8th of December 2011,they told me it will take 6 to 8weeks and if there is any required document needed i will be informed but till now i got nothing ,not even a message from the home office in Austria i mailed the embassy here in India they told my visa is under process that i will be informed accordingly,please what do you think i should do,though am still patience and have hope.but to me is getting to long for the visa to come out.please what can you do to help me by contacting people as you ve said if it might helped me out
i will really appreciate it ,i expect your reply as soon as possible
Thanks

I know ur not talking to me, but i feel like chipping this in, The Visa processing period is 3-6 months , not the 4-6 weeks as they told you. I want u to caution ur mind on this else you might get crazy. I have waited for mind until i feel i will start picking stones in Abuja. Now, i have caution my mind and waiting for a miracle. Please, not even Asewaju will do a thing, all u need to do is expecting ur visa sometime Early April if ur very lucky.

Don't take it hard, thats how it is with the Austian Guys. If the visa were processed in their respective Embassies, 4-6 weeks is ok, but unfortunately its done in Austria.

Cheers.
Re: Working Legally In Austria by kingdemej: 6:31pm On Feb 15, 2012
sha_boy
i really thank you for your reply,infact am almost running mad and i think like a mad man each day i woke up but i no the lord is my strength in these,for thee started it and thee will finish is job, so far we are going the same way i guess we can connect with each other you can add me on Facebook (king dimeji) and my messenger is jones3k3 hope to chat with you soonest
take care
Re: Working Legally In Austria by shaboy(m): 12:40pm On Feb 16, 2012
king demej:

sha_boy
i really thank you for your reply,infact am almost running mad and i think like a mad man each day i woke up but i no the lord is my strength in these,for thee started it and thee will finish is job, so far we are going the same way i guess we can connect with each other you can add me on Facebook (king dimeji) and my messenger is jones3k3 hope to chat with you soonest
take care

Ur welcome. Again, just like nnamod explained to you, i m 100% correct with him. Mine is since October 30th that all my documents arrive Austria as confirmed by them and i haven't gotten any news as well. Since then, no news and its very stressful. Delay strategy is what they like so we just have to slow down and leave it to God.

He will do it.

Cheers
Re: Working Legally In Austria by ghettodreamz(m): 11:08am On Aug 29, 2012
@ sha_boy;

I know it's an old thread, but would like to ask this; are you in Austria yet? How was your processing?
Re: Working Legally In Austria by Obamacare2012: 2:44pm On Sep 10, 2012
Hi guys here, i have been reading the thread in a while now although i haven't gone through all at the moment. i applied for Austrian student visa for over 2 months now and counting , haven't heard from the Consulate yet. I remembered at the time of the application( well submission) that the Austrian Representative here in Malaysia told me..it will take probably 2 to 3 months ...right now i feel a bit perturbed cos i have not heard from them yet. I really need a specific advice on what to do at the moment, but wait before you start referring me to OeAD site, i have gone through that as well... but i was kind of asking myself ---why would they tell student applicants to at least leave 3 months before the commencement of their studies when they cannot issued their visa before the time. Classes will be starting soon...I need someone experienced and reasonable, or have been to Austria to explain. thanks for your co-operation. kindly reply ASAP smiley
Re: Working Legally In Austria by savanto: 11:16pm On Dec 29, 2012
smoothman: @Justwise
Please do not go about insulting me.I really dont like that.
I didnt force you to reply to my thread,So if it doesnt please you then dont reply at all, Let those who have the link and connection give there advice and support.

Thanks

@smoothman: I have been following this thread with keen interest. I just happen to know your type. It's your type that always choose to bite the fingers that fed them. You should be grateful that these folks have taken their time to be answering your useless question. So travel agency is now an embassy? you are not a good Nigerian. You want out by all means and your purpose is to go to Austria and cause chaos. I just pity you because you never know wetin awaits u in Europe!
Re: Working Legally In Austria by roksonalan: 8:44pm On Jan 22, 2013
Hello the school i am applying for in Austria request i legalize my Neco certificate before they can give me admission in the university. Please how much to legalize just my Neco at the Austrian embassy Abuja? Anybody with information
Re: Working Legally In Austria by Beehandz(m): 10:50pm On Feb 16, 2013
I will like to inquire some informations from you about Austrian University especially University of Leoben (Montan Universitat). I intend studying M.Sc Petroleum Engineering.
I will like to know how you went about certififing the following: Birthday certificate, citizenship & bachelors degree certificate and most importantly how much it cost.must I certify my docs b4 dey grant me admission?

Also, what do they mean by citizenship? What document are they referring to pls.

Need your urgent reply.
Thank you for your time.
Re: Working Legally In Austria by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 11, 2013
Re: Working Legally In Austria by loverencha: 1:12pm On Apr 12, 2013
Please, does anyone know how long it takes the Austrian ministry in Austria to finish processing applications for residence permit? The Austrian embassy already sent my application for residence permit to the Austrian ministry in Austria and I have not heard from them, this is one month now... Please, who knows how long this takes for residence permit application? This Austrian application stuff is soooo long and complicated, from foreign affairs, to ministry of education to legalization to lawyer to verification..(I've done them all) I don tire... I think I am beginning to grow white hair(lol) and I hope I don't get hypertension or high blood pressure!! haha.. I hope my efforts have not been in vein ohh!! Because I already did all the embassy asked for.. But why is it taking so long time to get answer from the Austrian ministry if my residence permit has been granted or not. Anybody with useful information should please contribute. Thanks in advance

Kind regards
Re: Working Legally In Austria by basdow101: 10:43pm On Jun 01, 2013
loverencha: Please, does anyone know how long it takes the Austrian ministry in Austria to finish processing applications for residence permit? The Austrian embassy already sent my application for residence permit to the Austrian ministry in Austria and I have not heard from them, this is one month now... Please, who knows how long this takes for residence permit application? This Austrian application stuff is soooo long and complicated, from foreign affairs, to ministry of education to legalization to lawyer to verification..(I've done them all) I don tire... I think I am beginning to grow white hair(lol) and I hope I don't get hypertension or high blood pressure!! haha.. I hope my efforts have not been in vein ohh!! Because I already did all the embassy asked for.. But why is it taking so long time to get answer from the Austrian ministry if my residence permit has been granted or not. Anybody with useful information should please contribute. Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Hi Loverencha,

how u doin? please can i get some information from you, can u tell me how you went through the Authentication process at the ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Legalization process at the Embassy. Did u submit all your documentation for Legalization before you got your admission letter or after u got your admission letter? How did you go about the Travel Insurance and accomodation requirement?

Thanks.
Re: Working Legally In Austria by loverencha: 4:43pm On Jun 04, 2013
basdow101:

Hi Loverencha,

how u doin? please can i get some information from you, can u tell me how you went through the Authentication process at the ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Legalization process at the Embassy. Did u submit all your documentation for Legalization before you got your admission letter or after u got your admission letter? How did you go about the Travel Insurance and accomodation requirement?

Thanks.

I'm good... All you need to know about legalization is on this thread. Follow the thread. I also wrote a lot on the thread:

www.nairaland.com/566958/authenticity-documents-ministry-foreign-affairs

As for insurance, you need to make that at an insurance company in Europe and for accommodation, I will be living with a relative in Europe, so I submitted to the embassy the documents of my relative's house in Europe.

Regards,
Loverencha
Re: Working Legally In Austria by basdow101: 10:17pm On Jun 07, 2013
loverencha:

I'm good... All you need to know about legalization is on this thread. Follow the thread. I also wrote a lot on the thread:

www.nairaland.com/566958/authenticity-documents-ministry-foreign-affairs

As for insurance, you need to make that at an insurance company in Europe and for accommodation, I will be living with a relative in Europe, so I submitted to the embassy the documents of my relative's house in Europe.

Regards,
Loverencha

Ok, Thanks alot gonna go through the thread,

Thanks.
Re: Working Legally In Austria by Juvante(m): 10:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
I have an issue o! My police character certificate that was legalised at the embassy expired sept 2013. I am still expecting my admission letter from MU Leoben. I will like to know if I will have to apply for a new one when I apply for visa,duration and cost, apart from the 40 euros payment.
Re: Working Legally In Austria by yemmyma: 10:13am On Nov 30, 2013
@Juvante, not necessary. I think the Embassy understands. But you could get another one done at the police. So when you go apply for your visa and they talk about expiration, just give them the new one. I am sure they should legalize that for you immediately without any verification like they did to the first one. Abi you don commit crime in that short period? lol

1 Like

Re: Working Legally In Austria by Juvante(m): 5:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
I am just careful o cos those Austrians love to dot every I and cross every T! Anyway, thanks!
Re: Working Legally In Austria by dolpaz: 7:19pm On Dec 01, 2013
Hello Guys,
I need advice/suggestions from you my oga
A school in wien sent me invitation for a M.sc placement test.
Is it advisble to go and attend?? i think they may use the basis of your attendance to give admission. (M.sc Communication engineering)
what do you guys think?
Candid advise will be appreciated
Thanks !
Re: Working Legally In Austria by chidiodini: 2:28pm On Dec 03, 2013
I am a Nigerian. I am a graduate of biochemistry and now a serving corper. please I need some one to tell me more about Australia and how to get legal residence permit. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: Working Legally In Austria by dolpaz: 4:06pm On Dec 03, 2013
A serving corper?
Then read through the
chidi odini: I am a Nigerian. I am a graduate of biochemistry and now a serving corper. please I need some one to tell me more about Australia and how to get legal residence permit. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU.

If you are a serving corper, please read the post.
This is information about Austria and not australia
Thanks !
Re: Working Legally In Austria by Juvante(m): 7:34pm On Dec 04, 2013
@dolpaz, life is a risk o! If u feel confident of your chances, go for it. I will advice you to contact other Nigerians studying over there at Vienna,at least to know about your chances!
Re: Working Legally In Austria by chidiodini: 6:01pm On Dec 05, 2013
please which post do you ask me to read.
Re: Working Legally In Austria by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 05, 2013
dolpaz: Hello Guys,
I need advice/suggestions from you my oga
A school in wien sent me invitation for a M.sc placement test.
Is it advisble to go and attend?? i think they may use the basis of your attendance to give admission. (M.sc Communication engineering)
what do you guys think?
Candid advise will be appreciated
Thanks !
Well,i will advice you to go if you have the resources.Mind you that even if you eventually make the entrance exam and the subsequent interview that follows it,you will still have to come back to Nigeria to apply for a long term visa before you go back again.The visa they will give you for the entrance exam is a short term visa and considering the air fare,it won't be so easy going to Austria to and fro twice.I had the same problem with you earlier this year but as God will have it,i had another admission in Czech republic which is just about two hours from Austria.I am studying in Czech republic now and the good thing is that i have intimated the school in Austria about my intention of continuing with the admission and they have agreed to invite me again in their next entrance exam.And the best part of it all is that i don't need a visa anymore to travel from Czech republic to Austria.with my Czech residence permit,i can go to any country within European union without fear of arrest or harassment.You might just wanna follow my lead grin grin

1 Like

Re: Working Legally In Austria by dolpaz: 9:53am On Dec 23, 2013
Geo-man:
Well,i will advice you to go if you have the resources.Mind you that even if you eventually make the entrance exam and the subsequent interview that follows it,you will still have to come back to Nigeria to apply for a long term visa before you go back again.The visa they will give you for the entrance exam is a short term visa and considering the air fare,it won't be so easy going to Austria to and fro twice.I had the same problem with you earlier this year but as God will have it,i had another admission in Czech republic which is just about two hours from Austria.I am studying in Czech republic now and the good thing is that i have intimated the school in Austria about my intention of continuing with the admission and they have agreed to invite me again in their next entrance exam.And the best part of it all is that i don't need a visa anymore to travel from Czech republic to Austria.with my Czech residence permit,i can go to any country within European union without fear of arrest or harassment.You might just wanna follow my lead grin grin
Nice one Geo-Man,
So which school in czech is that
I dont mind Czech as well for my M.sc
Re: Working Legally In Austria by 2kurr(m): 4:15pm On Jul 07, 2014
Hello Naijaland; hw can u b of help is it true a student visa 2 Austrian takes up 2 4/5 month b4 it culd b granted? Need a fast response tanxz
Re: Working Legally In Austria by nodawa(m): 11:08am On Aug 04, 2014
Please house, how easy for someone to move from Austria to France with Austria visit or tourist visa?
Hope there won't be problem ?
Re: Working Legally In Austria by kenngeorge: 11:30pm On Aug 07, 2014
Please @justwise, Nairaland members and non members, i need urgent advise and assistance. A cousin of mine got an offer from an Austrian university to study MBA. He resides in Ukraine and needs to get his birth certificate authenticated at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Nigeria and then taken to the Austrian embassy in Nigeria also for verification. However, the challenge is that my contact in Abuja is out of the country for good yet my contact does not include Austrian embassy. Please, is there anyone in the house who can help with a legit and reliable contact? This would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Working Legally In Austria by justwise(m): 10:50am On Aug 08, 2014
kenngeorge: Please @justwise, Nairaland members and non members, i need urgent advise and assistance. A cousin of mine got an offer from an Austrian university to study MBA. He resides in Ukraine and needs to get his birth certificate authenticated at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Nigeria and then taken to the Austrian embassy in Nigeria also for verification. However, the challenge is that my contact in Abuja is out of the country for good yet my contact does not include Austrian embassy. Please, is there anyone in the house who can help with a legit and reliable contact? This would be greatly appreciated.

Why do you need a 'contact' to get that done?
Re: Working Legally In Austria by nodawa(m): 2:40pm On Aug 08, 2014
Please house, how easy for someone to move from Austria
to France with Austria visit or tourist visa?
Hope there won't be problem ?
Re: Working Legally In Austria by Jayjezey: 8:48pm On Aug 12, 2014
please is there any tuition free university in Czech??
Re: Working Legally In Austria by 123over: 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2014
nodawa:

Sorry i just joined this site.
Yes you can go to France from Austria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. / ₦360billion, Inside The World's Most Expensive Embassy(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.