Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,766 members, 7,806,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! (72195 Views)

My Wife Lied About Her Genotype / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" / How Can I Save My Aunts Marriage? Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by vislabraye(m): 11:18pm On Oct 03, 2016
emeraldknytt:
From my point of view, I foresee no deal breaker in your stale epistle. So far her lie hasn't affected you negatively or potentially, there is no reason to quit your marriage. Truth is, if you cant handle well something as trivial as this, I wonder what you would do if she told you those kids ain't yours.... grin .... Be patient and tolerable

You call this trivial I hope you are joking. Even if it's a joke, it's not funny.
I'm appalled by the kind of advice people are giving. This guy feels defrauded. He has every right to be.

2 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by TerrorSquad147: 11:19pm On Oct 03, 2016
ismokeweed:

Please ignore that frustrated thing
LMAO grin grin grin
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by fortunechy(m): 11:19pm On Oct 03, 2016
galz had been lieing since 1745

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by TerrorSquad147: 11:21pm On Oct 03, 2016
chronique:
Calling them idiots is an understatement. No wonder a lot of relationships don't work out. People don't understand that not everone can tolerate lies and deception. Once trust is broken,a union starts to crack. The woman misled him into marrying her by being deceptive and people can't see that fact;how do people conveniently lie to the ones they claim they love? Why don't humans have a conscience? How many more lies will he discover? How will he cope when he finds out more? I'm not saying it's ok to divorce her cos she lied but people have to understand that what she did isn't something that should just be waved aside,without repercussions. The day you lie to me and I catch you,I'd start doubting everthing you've ever said,and would ever say.
Bros tell me your brand and i'll buy you a trailer load of 'em

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by TerrorSquad147: 11:21pm On Oct 03, 2016
luminouz:

U well so?
Na big f00l he be na
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by VictorRomanov: 11:22pm On Oct 03, 2016
werthy:
Op, you have been enjoying a woman who is older than you for about five years and yet you arw complaining about age wahala,

Its not even about the most important thing which is her respect for you

Bro.... you are still a boy...

Tired of seeing babies with grown fallangies inbetween their legs getting married because the feel they have aged enough

i been wan ask the same question.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by sharpchap: 11:22pm On Oct 03, 2016
Op even as Ur wife is 6years older than initially thot, is she now older than U? Do U feel threatened? I would be a little discouraged if in Ur shoes. Don't know the answers to Ur questions. Just remain calm sha, no rash words or actions. The answers will come. Pls don't involve any family members or friends yet so that all options will still be open.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by malachytochukwu(m): 11:23pm On Oct 03, 2016
Look at this one..... Because of age you want to destroy your marriage? How are you even sure that the day written on your birth certificate was actually the day you were born?? People like OBJ don't even know exactly when they were born. Anybody in his right senses that you give this lame excuse as the major reason you want to divorce your wife would consider you to be silly.
nickxtra:
My marriage to my wife is facing a serious challenge, after I discovered from my wife's WAEC certificate, that the date of her birth on the result is 6 years more than what she told me and what has been in all her non academic documents, including her C.V. Actually, i have seen all her academic certificates, including her NYSC discharge certificate, but never saw her S.S.C.E and FSLC results that normally bear dates of birth. Each time i ask her for them in order to compile all the credentials for job application purposes, she would tell me that her WAEC, NECO and primary school results are in a box, with her mum in thier home town; that she would ask her mum to bring them. I gnomo her mum lager came with them for her.

Eventually, a serious sure job came for which i would need these credentials to forward to the organization. She gave me the WAEC result with the excuse that age forgot the NECO and FSLC in her current office, which she promised to bring. Lol and behold! What i saw on the WAEC result is a date of birth 6 years higher than what she told me and what is in her C.Vs.

I called her attention and she started giving me excuses that hold no water. She is saying that the same DOB were erroneously registerd for her when, perhaps they were registering her for both WAEC and NECO. That when the results came out and she noticed the errors, she complained and applied to correct same, but since then, the exam authorities have not corrected them. I have not come to terms with the this discovery. I think this may cause us peace, thrust and love in pur marriage.

My brothers and sisters, i think am contemplating of what action to take against her and am contemplating a divorce, but our two children are still very small for this. I want to report this issue to her family and mine. Am gradually withdrawing my trust for her.

I need matured advice and suggestions that will see me through this.

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by TerrorSquad147: 11:24pm On Oct 03, 2016
Anasviv:
The problem I have with guys,is they conclude and love to take actions fast without thinking much....since you know your children are too young for divorce/separation,you should hold on to your peace and be very sure about what you found out and look into what your wife said whether it's true or not...Later,go and ask the people her exert age.
before men act, they think and also seek people's opinion unlike most girls/women that act before even realizing that they've acted which they later regret... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Maximus85(m): 11:24pm On Oct 03, 2016
nickxtra:
My marriage to my wife is facing a serious challenge, after I discovered from my wife's WAEC certificate, that the date of her birth on the result is 6 years more than what she told me and what has been in all her non academic documents, including her C.V. Actually, i have seen all her academic certificates, including her NYSC discharge certificate, but never saw her S.S.C.E and FSLC results that normally bear dates of birth. Each time i ask her for them in order to compile all the credentials for job application purposes, she would tell me that her WAEC, NECO and primary school results are in a box, with her mum in thier home town; that she would ask her mum to bring them. I gnomo her mum lager came with them for her.

Eventually, a serious sure job came for which i would need these credentials to forward to the organization. She gave me the WAEC result with the excuse that age forgot the NECO and FSLC in her current office, which she promised to bring. Lol and behold! What i saw on the WAEC result is a date of birth 6 years higher than what she told me and what is in her C.Vs.

I called her attention and she started giving me excuses that hold no water. She is saying that the same DOB were erroneously registerd for her when, perhaps they were registering her for both WAEC and NECO. That when the results came out and she noticed the errors, she complained and applied to correct same, but since then, the exam authorities have not corrected them. I have not come to terms with the this discovery. I think this may cause us peace, thrust and love in pur marriage.

My brothers and sisters, i think am contemplating of what action to take against her and am contemplating a divorce, but our two children are still very small for this. I want to report this issue to her family and mine. Am gradually withdrawing my trust for her.

You're stupid.

Read Malachi 2:16 and Mathew 5:32

If you've done your homework well, this won't happen.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
dollyjoy:
You want to divorce a legally married woman who has risked her life to make you a man because of age issues? Nigga you are bluffing!!

Your stance would have been understandable if the affair is just a b.fr and g.fr thing.
Whilst I'm not in support of the divorce, I want you to list at least 3 ways the said wife (which you have not seen) has risked her life.

3 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 03, 2016
Maximus85:

You're stupid.

Man of God, you dey insult am yet you still dey give am verses to read. Allow God use you o..

9 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Ugosample(m): 11:27pm On Oct 03, 2016
Let us not forget something.

There is an allegation that she lied about her age.
If indeed that is true, then that is a Breach of trust, and a marriage should not be built on lies/deceit.

That said, you both have to work this out.
Divorce is the lazy way out.

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by TerrorSquad147: 11:27pm On Oct 03, 2016
ismokeweed:
Lots of frustrated ladies here. That aside, plenty women wrappers here commenting crap just to seem like nice guys. Issue of maybe she didn't lie is null. We all know that in our minds assuming the story is as op wrote. She knew she deceived him and thus had been hiding documents that could expose her. People have reasons for marriage. One goat said she made him a man by giving him kids. May amadioha destroy that person's fingers. Basically this is complete destruction of trust. Op feels she deceived him by portraying what she isn't to get married. Now he's wondering... What other lies has she told? Those bashing him are the actual kids. Bitter spinsters and deluded bachelors. Perhaps he has dated various liars and was happy he married someone different. Now he's wondering if they are all same. Those saying divorce de hungry am, may your spouse deceive you also. Amen
Op talk with your wife and see how you can work things out and begin to slowly rebuild.
AMEN OOO

6 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by dadasupremacy(m): 11:28pm On Oct 03, 2016
Kini big deal,my girlfriend is a year older than me and she doesnt even know about because i told her right from the start we are age mate and she respect me alot and i plan to settle with her if God permits though my mum is this woman that discriminate about anything so i will just have to reduce her age when telling her about her age
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by otokx(m): 11:28pm On Oct 03, 2016
Its a bit amusing that this man did not do his homework properly and then is now agree for getting low grades.

Just like corruption, cheating in examination and lying about age has so become part of our culture.

Going forward, they should sit down and communicate clearly.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by blexy3(f): 11:28pm On Oct 03, 2016
Age is just a number
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by TerrorSquad147: 11:29pm On Oct 03, 2016
ismokeweed:

Frustration will not kill you. Say amen.
AMEN on his behalf. Can't you see how amazing his stvpidity is?

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by stefano007: 11:29pm On Oct 03, 2016
please help with dragnet past questions my email is solankeakinola@gmail.com
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by VictorRomanov: 11:30pm On Oct 03, 2016
chronique:
Calling them idiots is an understatement. No wonder a lot of relationships don't work out. People don't understand that not everone can tolerate lies and deception. Once trust is broken,a union starts to crack. The woman misled him into marrying her by being deceptive and people can't see that fact;how do people conveniently lie to the ones they claim they love? Why don't humans have a conscience? How many more lies will he discover? How will he cope when he finds out more? I'm not saying it's ok to divorce her cos she lied but people have to understand that what she did isn't something that should just be waved aside,without repercussions. The day you lie to me and I catch you,I'd start doubting everthing you've ever said,and would ever say.

i know lies and deception are intolerable. However she did give an explanation. I have a friend, whose date on his WAEC cert is older than that of his elder sister, cos of DOB error. So the wife's explanation is very common. I believe people here are disappointed in not giving his wife benefit of doubt. This is someone he married, so he should give her benefit of doubt, except he has more evidence to prove otherwise. And threatening divorce is the most childish thing to do.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by TerrorSquad147: 11:30pm On Oct 03, 2016
samuel051:
u re nothing but a dummy a mannequin. i salute ur stupidity be cos it exceed human comprehension.
lol
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by ibasky2619: 11:30pm On Oct 03, 2016
nickxtra:

I called her attention and she started giving me excuses that hold no water. She is saying that the same DOB were erroneously registerd for her when, perhaps they were registering her for both WAEC and NECO. That when the results came out and she noticed the errors, she complained and applied to correct same, but since t[color=#990000][/color]hen, the exam authorities have not corrected them. I have not come to terms with the this discovery. I think this may cause us peace, thrust and love in pur marriage.

3 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 03, 2016
freecocoa:
Well, I don't know how old you are now and what you've achieved, assuming you set goals for yourself using time frame.

You see, there's this need to grow with others, do things while your mates are doing it and believe me my sister, if you are lagging behind then it wouldn't be a surprise to reduce your age, hoping to give yourself more time, the society comes in because they judge you by some yardstick and age is an essential, if not the most important one they use.grin

So far, I've not reduced my age but who knows tomorrow?grin

One thing I have noticed is women lie about their age almost all the time. My ex girlfriend lied about her age until I got to find out after spoofing her gmail acct. Till today she doesn't know I discovered she's 3years older than me.

So now, I am more smarter and never ask a girl am dating about her age. Instead I would find out myself by violating her privacy. Because they will always lie or just tell you 'am in my Twenties".
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by CAPSLOCKED: 11:31pm On Oct 03, 2016
repogirl:
OP, pls divorce her and marry another one that tells you her true age and when you find the new wife's faults divorce her also and marry another.

Mtcheww! Rubbish.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by yaba1(f): 11:32pm On Oct 03, 2016
nickxtra:

marrying her was not a guarantee that she is perfect. Even you have ur excesses that she tolerates. Thinking of a divorce cos of age should not be a thought , u shouldn't even go there.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by poyet(m): 11:34pm On Oct 03, 2016
So you've been eating kpomo that is actually older than you thought. Now you realized. You should just continue because you have exchanged vows, plus there's no winner in a divorce. You might just end up putting your children in a precarious situation by embracing divorce!! Stay put, my guy!
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by CAPSLOCKED: 11:35pm On Oct 03, 2016
freecocoa:
Although, I do think one shouldn't lie to their partner but there are some lies that you just can't take back, especially if they've been there before you met him/her.

My solution for this is, if you see a person you like, no need to ask their age, just love yourselves, with the exception of women who have hit menopause o(incase he wants kids), this way, even if you find out she's older, it wouldn't matter. grin

SHAWTY 2 YEARS OLDER THAN ME..

WE ENJOYING, IT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.
tongue

AGE IS NOTHING, SOMETIMES.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by TerrorSquad147: 11:35pm On Oct 03, 2016
Maximus85:

You're stupid.

what is the essence of the Bible verse if you can insult him like that? Oloriburuku undecided

3 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by NEROSKY(m): 11:36pm On Oct 03, 2016
Amelian:
Op. u want to divorce your wife who bore two healthy kids because she lied about age.? I swear u r not serious.. U want to divorce her before, fucvk this age thing u r saying.. She's fertile, she appears young, if not for certificates u won't have known..

My guy u no serious...
If u know since the day u were born, uv never lied before? Thru dating and now married to her, uv not lied at all... Then by all means go ahead and divorce.

But remember . Karma is waiting for u calmly later in life... Smhhh..

Dey divorce nah.

When men brag about divorce over little things it's so annoying..

Abeg see this mumu ooo, so u are over looking the massive lie and deceit she told and now telling the op of karma, u dey rep Nigeria in mumu chAmpionship, ur brain need upgrading of O.S, becos the truth is, for example , i married a wife who's 28 yrs old and later find out she's 34, i swear i will never forgive her, why? becos i can nver tell such heartbreaking lie to someone i like or love...

3 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by freecocoa(f): 11:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
truthsayer007:

One thing I have noticed is women lie about their age almost all the time. My ex girlfriend lied about her age until I got to find out after spoofing her gmail acct. Till today she doesn't know I discovered she's 3years older than me.

So now, I am more smarter and never ask a girl am dating about her age. Instead I would find out myself by violating her privacy. Because they will always lie or just tell you 'am in my Twenties".
Women do lie about their age but brother, so do men.

Personally, I don't think age should be an important factor in love though, so long as your love interest is legal, then you are good to go.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by eemjay(f): 11:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
Richy4:
Is another girl knocking at the side door OP?

Why is this an issue to you instead of the employers..?

Do you now realize that she was older than you or what?

is she committing adultery?

is she not a good mother to your kids?

Does her n@kedness look different or aged overnight since you Now discovered the age discrepancy ?

What precisely is the problem here? This is something that could be overlooked when there is love....

People are different anyways.. but i can only have trust issue with a lady when I have an evidence that she is "running around" not something as petty as age difference.....If She like let her be 100 and claim 15 for all I care as long as she is a wonderful mother to my children and attend to my needs..

God bless you! It's just unbelievable. Like he's been looking for excuse to walk out of that marriage.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 03, 2016
NEROSKY:

Abeg see this mumu ooo, so u are over looking the massive lie and deceit she told and now telling the op of karma, u dey rep Nigeria in mumu chAmpionship, ur brain need upgrading of O.S, becos the truth is, for example , i married a wife who's 28 yrs old and later find out she's 34, i swear i will never forgive her, why? becos i can nver tell such heartbreaking lie to someone i like or love...

Hahaha, this is why we need time travel ! So we can travel back in time and unmarry her. Lmao.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

My Wife Is Not Interested In Sex Anymore / I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child / American Woman's Father Accepts Her Nigerian Husband Finally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.