Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD (26580 Views)

Jagaba Adams Dumps APC For PDP / Yaro Makama Rigachikun Dumps APC / Rabiu Kwankwaso Dumps APC For PDP With 10 Kano State Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by afroniger: 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2016
http://www.sunshineherald.news/ondo-2016-oke-dumps-apc-to-contest-under-ad/

Former governorship aspirant of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Ondo state, Chief Olusola Oke has dumped the party to join Alliance for Democracy, AD.
SUNSHINE HERALD learnt he has also been given the go-ahead to contest as the party’s governorship candidate in the November 26 poll.

The party has written to the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC to replace Dr. Akin Olowokere with Oke as its candidate.
INEC had on Thursday published Akin Olowokere as the governorship candidate of the AD.

Speaking to SUNSHINE HERALD, the state chairman of AD, Elder Adebobola Seriki said: “Yes, Chief Olusola Oke is now a member of our party, just believe that. AD is winning the next governorship election in this state”
With the development, Oke will face the former Commissioner for Justice in the state, Eyitayo Jegede of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Barrister Rotimi Akeredolu Ajimobi of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and 25 others.

When contacted, a member of the Oke Campaign Organization who does not want his name in print said his principal joining AD was not motivated by selfish interest to contest as governor in the state but by the wish to serve and listen to the decision of his supporters to seek alternative platform to contest.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 01, 2016
grin
Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by afroniger: 5:38pm On Oct 01, 2016
This move is a game-changer because Oke on his own is worth nothing less than 150k votes (going by his performance the last time around, and which was more than Akeredolu managed to pull in 2012). Another report claims Abraham and Boroffice supporters have decamped with him. Interesting days ahead. AD is a well-known platform in the SW too.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by Baawaa(m): 5:39pm On Oct 01, 2016
Is a free world
Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by crownwealth: 5:40pm On Oct 01, 2016
Haaaaaaaa
Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 01, 2016
AD is owned by Tinubu

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by policy12: 5:43pm On Oct 01, 2016
Bunch of thieves...they are not contesting cos of the masses but bcoz of their pockets.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by Firefire(m): 5:47pm On Oct 01, 2016
Interesting...
Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by idolda: 5:48pm On Oct 01, 2016
Kai must they waste this guy's money? He is just too desperate and with this kind of attitude even a counselor seat he won't win

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by madridguy(m): 5:49pm On Oct 01, 2016
Jagaban really mean business in Ondo State. Let see what the likes of Oyegun led caucus will map out again. Jagaban is father in politics, take it or leave it.

Long life Jagaban.

Long life APC/AD

Long life Nigeria.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by amaechi1: 5:53pm On Oct 01, 2016
policy12:

Bunch of thieves...they are not contesting cos of the masses but bcoz of their pockets.

True talk. From the background you will know he has failed. Tomorrow he might return to PDP. Bunch of thieves.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by RockHard: 5:54pm On Oct 01, 2016
Ghen Ghen... cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by RockHard: 5:57pm On Oct 01, 2016
idolda:
Kai must they waste this guy's money? He is just too desperate and with this kind of attitude even a counselor seat he won't win

Yinmu. What is this one saying?? You are talking nonsense because you obviously dont know jack about Oke's political currency within Ondo state political circles. How is he any more desperate than Akeredolu, or Mimiko, or Eyitayo? Go and sit down somewhere jo.

36 Likes

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 01, 2016
That's my next governor

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by YoruBanger: 6:10pm On Oct 01, 2016
[img]http://i./HyDAt79JnlY4M.gif[/img]

Masterstroke!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by bensonlee770: 6:19pm On Oct 01, 2016
And the battle begins

1 Like

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by wengerjay(m): 6:21pm On Oct 01, 2016
The defection of Olusola Oke to AD must have sent jitteriness to the camp of Aketi now.
This man has again shown his political prowess by pitting his tent with Alliance for Democracy. The people in the south west still recognize the party as a progressive party.
In the next few days, i see people defecting from PDP and APC to AD to support the candidacy of OKE. Especially members of the old PDP in Mimiko’s government.
It's quite unfortunate that the primary election was fraught with irregularities claimed to have been perpetrated by the presidency and Buhari has not called his foot soldiers to order.
Let's keep our fingers crossed as events unfold.

24 Likes

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by bolinxman: 6:22pm On Oct 01, 2016
amaechi1:

True talk. From the background you will know he has failed. Tomorrow he might return to PDP. Bunch of thieves.
Take it or leave it,Oke is our next governor.
Political party is just a medium to attain political power, APC taught they can use federal might to win election in Ondo State,we are watching and waiting for them.

11 Likes

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by FastShipping: 6:32pm On Oct 01, 2016
Things fall apart. I'm in support of anything by any means to destroy APC. This party led by Buhari has brought untold hardship on people of Nigeria.

I'm not in support of demonic party called PDP. PDP is the architect of pain and anguish many people are currently going through.

Buhari came in to do something urgently to arrest the situation but as it turns out, he never made any plan despite contesting in the last 12 years. The man is not educated enough to understand how economy works.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by ificatchmodeh: 6:32pm On Oct 01, 2016
madridguy:
Jagaban really mean business in Ondo State. Let see what the likes of Oyegun led caucus will map out again. Jagaban is father in politics, take it or leave it.

Long life Jagaban.

Long life APC/AD

Long life Nigeria.

Jagaban ..going from federal to regional..dumb move.
AD winning ondo..with APC/ pdp..in the race is a dream..he only succeeded in dividing APC.and making more enemy..
What happens If AD should loose?

Me don't think jagaban is behind this move..is oke..and it's personal..maybe tryin to position himself for 2019..

2 Likes

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by ificatchmodeh: 6:35pm On Oct 01, 2016
FastShipping:
Things fall apart. I'm in support of anything by any means to destroy APC. This party led by Buhari has brought untold hardship on people of Nigeria.

I'm not in support of demonic party called PDP. PDP is the architect of pain and anguish many people are currently going through.

Buhari came in to do something urgently to arrest the situation but as it turns out, he never made any plan despite contesting in the last 12 years. The man is not educated enough to understand how economy works.

My friend...is that you..
Seriously..or you're kidding?
Am surprise cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by madridguy(m): 6:37pm On Oct 01, 2016
That is politics for you. Politics is a game of interest. If you could recall the politics the likes of Tinubu played then to see Tambuwal became the speaker then you will understand my point better.

ificatchmodeh:

AD winning ondo..with APC/ pdp..in the race is a dream..he only succeeded in dividing APC.and making more enemy..

Me don't think jagaban is behind this move..is oke..and it's personal..maybe tryin to position himself for 2019..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by seunmsg(m): 6:42pm On Oct 01, 2016
APC should just forget the governorship election in Ondo state. It is not easy to defeat an incumbent party and it becomes almost impossible when you go into the contest with a badly divided house. Even Boroffice and Abraham who stayed back in the party will act as spoilers from within. Akeredolu is on his own.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by ificatchmodeh: 6:49pm On Oct 01, 2016
madridguy:
That is politics for you. Politics is a game of interest. If you could recall the politics the likes of Tinubu played then to see Tambuwal became the speaker then you will understand my point better.

Yea..
But times have changed..what is he sacrificing now..and to what purpose..
Tambuwal was gained to control the house..he became a thick bone on pdp's throat.they managed him.

Oke is influential in ondo and has lots of support in the state..but not when the presidency or incumbent (the ruling party n opposition party) are not on his side.
This is nigeria state election..don't forget..

1 Like

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by senatordave1(m): 6:53pm On Oct 01, 2016
Oke would win ondo polls marginally just like I predicted apc to win in edo state.oke would win the 6 lgas in ondo south by aa landslide.in ondo central,jegede would win 4 or 5.he would only have a landslide in akure south and mimiko's lga.oke or aketi would win 1 lga.in ondo north,boroffice and abraham would deliver the 4 lgas of akoko land to oke.he would win 2 or 3 by a landslide.in. The remaining two lgas which is ose and owo,aketi would win.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by spenca: 7:01pm On Oct 01, 2016
Afonja! After losing you would return back

1 Like

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by spenca: 7:03pm On Oct 01, 2016
senatordave1:
Oke would win ondo polls marginally just like I predicted apc to win in edo state.oke would win the 6 lgas in ondo south by aa landslide.in ondo central,jegede would win 4 or 5.he would only have a landslide in akure south and mimiko's lga.oke or aketi would win 1 lga.in ondo north,boroffice and abraham would deliver the 4 lgas of akoko land to oke.he would win 2 or 3 by a landslide.in. The remaining two lgas which is ose and owo,aketi would win.

Naso una won rig am

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by madridguy(m): 7:11pm On Oct 01, 2016
Tinubu needs him to stay strong. If Oke wins in Ondo, means he will have more governors in 2019.

ificatchmodeh:

Yea..
But times have changed..what is he sacrificing now..and to what purpose..
Tambuwal was gained to control the house..he became a thick bone on pdp's throat.they managed him.

Oke is influential in ondo and has lots of support in the state..but not when the presidency or incumbent (the ruling party n opposition party) are not on his side.
This is nigeria state election..don't forget..

6 Likes

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by gen2briz(m): 7:14pm On Oct 01, 2016
All I see is a desperate politician
Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by Ballmer: 7:15pm On Oct 01, 2016
senatordave1:

I hope you are sure of this analyses anything to show Buhari he does not have to be a dullard from all front by acting naive to the power play against Tinunu will do for me right now.

12 Likes

Re: Olusola Oke Dumps APC For AD by kayzat: 7:18pm On Oct 01, 2016
ificatchmodeh:

The truth of the matter is that Oke is never a Tinubu and his movement is independent of Tinubu's approval .

Another sure thing is that lots of Tinubu guys will end up working for him in order to spoil Aketis ambition. As at today's interview Aketi is still shading Tinubu when he should be doing everything possible to make peace with him without waiting for the presidency or anybody from the party.

Oke is now a neutral candidate now and I won't be surprised if he end up winning the contest.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Defeats APC, Wins Adamawa Guber Poll / Hard Times Over Soon – Remi Tinubu Tells Nigerians / Gunshots At APC Secretariat In Port-Harcourt As Thugs Clash. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.