Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki (24714 Views)

Atiku Addressing PDP Members And Supporters At The Elective National Convention / PDP Members Attacked By Fulani Herdsmen In Kogi (PHOTOS) / Ekiti 2018: No Room For Zoning In APC – Bimbo Daramola Tells Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 01, 2016

Godwin Obaseki, governor-elect of Edo state, says he will not appoint any member of the opposition party into his government.

Speaking with reporters in Benin, capital of the state, on Saturday, Obaseki said it is obvious that he has to hit the ground running.

He explained that since the legislative chamber would be going on recess a month after he takes over the leadership of the state, his first assignment would be the presentation of budget to the house of assembly.

“I will not be able to accept anybody from the opposition as a commissioner in my cabinet,” he said.

“My first assignment is to put together a team and get appropriation for next year because we have to hit the ground running.”

He said his administration would continue with the policy of the outgoing government, and would create jobs and empower youths.

“The focus will not change in terms of infrastructure and education. The added focus will be on job creation and empowerment,” he said.

“We will continue to build roads and refurbish schools. What is important is how to get people to work.”

Acusing the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) of rigging the election for the All Progressives Congress (APC), the PDP rejected the result of the poll and called for a fresh exercise.

https://www.thecable.ng/no-room-pdp-members-cabinet-says-obaseki?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C9948176769

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 01, 2016
So you are beginning to emulate the mistakes of Buhari, who fired the major technocrats that kept the economy moving and replaced them with unmerited northerners, party affiliates, conjugal and consanguine relations?? What is wrong with appointing apt and diligent individuals who are qualified for a job irrespective of their political parties? so you mean APC has all better qualified citizens when compared to other political parties?

The criteria for appointments is no longer merit, but nepotism under this APC era.

133 Likes 9 Shares

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by odiereke(m): 11:39pm On Oct 01, 2016
Anyhow U plan to govern the state, it's your call.

15 Likes

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by Emmaoga: 11:49pm On Oct 01, 2016
how can this country move forward pls.
you will not have a PDP person as a member of your cabinet.

that's the more reason Buhari appointed KEMI as finance minister instead of continuing with tested and modern day economist in the person of Okonjo Iweala because she served under PDP.

if they continue with this trend, they will be putting square pegs in round holes by playing politics .

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by Oblang(m): 11:53pm On Oct 01, 2016
blueto:
So you are beginning to emulate the mistakes of Buhari, who fired the major technocrats that kept the economy moving and replaced them with unmerited northerners, conjugal and consanguine relations?? What is wrong with appointing apt and diligent individuals who are qualified for a job irrespective of their political parties? so you mean APC has all better qualified citizens when compared to other political parties?

The criteria for appointments is no longer merit, but nepotism under this APC era.

U mean technocrats like dasuki?

118 Likes 17 Shares

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by dunkem21(m): 11:54pm On Oct 01, 2016
Emmaoga:

that's the more reason Buhari appointed KEMI as finance minister instead of continuing with tested and modern day economist in the person of Okonjo Iweala because she served under PDP.

if they continue with this trend, they will be putting square pegs in round holes by playing politics .

as for our finance minister Kemi, she is like a square peg in a trapezium or triangle hole.

Trapezium kwa? cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by darocha1: 11:55pm On Oct 01, 2016
chei! chei! this people will ruin this country with silly statements and naive way of thinking

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by dunkem21(m): 11:55pm On Oct 01, 2016
Oblang:

NOI wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by Liability(m): 11:56pm On Oct 01, 2016
If u like appoint anoda sales girl(kemi adeosun) in ur cabinet. Na u sabi

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by Emmaoga: 11:58pm On Oct 01, 2016
odiereke:
Anyhow U plan to govern the state, it's your call.

are you for real?

so it's your call buying fuel @#145? or bag of rice @#23k.

or is it your call to be in this recession?.

intelligent IS NOT wisdom, but in your case you lack both of them

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by arresa: 11:59pm On Oct 01, 2016
Smart man.

Stay away from PDP if you don't want looting, sharing and incompetency.

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by dunkem21(m): 12:00am On Oct 02, 2016
darocha1:
chei! chei! this people will ruin this country with silly statements and naive way of thinking

Very ancient, archaic, outdated thoughts.

Sadducees undecided

5 Likes

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by Dayoto: 12:00am On Oct 02, 2016
AmNotUnderstanding.... How can a politician talk that way? In your cabinet indeed!

2 Likes

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:04am On Oct 02, 2016
Ipob yoots should leave Obaseki and Edo State alone. Haba!

39 Likes 13 Shares

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 02, 2016
Oblang:

Was he the only technocrat? or can you compare him with chief looters like Amaechi and others that are currently in Buhari's cabinet?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by AZeD1(m): 12:05am On Oct 02, 2016
Not unexpected.

2 Likes

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by AZeD1(m): 12:06am On Oct 02, 2016
dunkem21:

Very ancient, archaic, outdated thoughts.

Sadducees undecided
You have no idea of team work.
How the Bleep is it out dated?

9 Likes

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by Nobody: 12:10am On Oct 02, 2016
Fixed
arresa:
Smart man.

Stay away from APC if you don't want looting(tinubu, oshiomole) sharing(amaechi) and incompetency(Adeosun, Buhari)

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by Cutehector(m): 12:12am On Oct 02, 2016
So this is finally the stupid mentality Edo people voted in as Governor. Mchew!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by arresa: 12:13am On Oct 02, 2016
Emmaoga:

as for our finance minister Kemi, she is like a square peg in a trapezium or triangle hole.

Of what use and relevance is the PDP when Nigerians already kicked them out of office and even obviously, the people of Edo state rejected the PDP candidate because they don't want PDP.

Kemi Adeosun is an excellent finance minister and many times better than the useless and incompetent one before her who stole our money and gave it to dasuki to share with her cronies, who also was borrowing N500 year after year to pay salaries, who also was Paying hi hundreds of thousands of ghost workers, issuing import waivers to her cronies, who told us to get ready for recession and austerity when oil was selling for $80.

Kemi is yet to give our money to dasuki and while okonjo was borrowing hundreds of millions to pay salaries and telling us to get ready to suffer when oil was selling for $80, kemi is keeping Nigeria afloat with oil selling for $30-40. She cleaned out okonjo ghost workers, no more waivers to cronies, no more looting and sharing and so on..

You people should just wait till you get your ipob village and run it how you can want..

66 Likes 10 Shares

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by amunkita(m): 12:13am On Oct 02, 2016
If him like make him go bring Mercenaries from Yugoslavia come govern Edo, it won't still stop Dollar from hitting 1000 naira by January 2017 nd bringing more untold hardship..

3 Likes

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by dunkem21(m): 12:14am On Oct 02, 2016
Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by Nobody: 12:16am On Oct 02, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
when will you quibblers abscond from tagging both objective and subjective critics that are against this reprehensive buhari administration as ipob, you people are just too predictable with this banal approach.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by Emmaoga: 12:20am On Oct 02, 2016
arresa:

Of what use and relevance is the PDP when Nigerians already kicked them out of office and even obviously, the people of Edo state rejected the PDP candidate because they don't want PDP.

Kemi Adeosun is an excellent finance minister and many times better than the useless and incompetent one before her who stole our money and gave it to dasuki to share with her cronies, who also was borrowing N500 year after year to pay salaries, who also was Paying hi hundreds of thousands of ghost workers, issuing import waivers to her cronies, who told us to get ready for recession and austerity when oil was selling for $80.

Kemi is yet to give our money to dasuki and while okonjo was borrowing hundreds of millions to pay salaries and telling us to get ready to suffer when oil was selling for $80, kemi is keeping Nigeria afloat with oil selling for $30-40. She cleaned out okonjo ghost workers, no more waivers to cronies, no more looting and sharing and so on..

You people should just wait till you get your ipob village and run it how you can want..

my dear, Your Kemi is not fit and sound enough to be NOI's typist.

it's like asking between USA and Nigeria which is more developed than the other in every aspect of technology.

why has She not be arrested if you claim she wasted your billions...

why is the whole world still talk good about her if you claim she is corrupt.

you only believe this present gov. E-trial. Buhari won't hesitate to nail her down if she is corrupt. She even visited Nigeria not long ago and went back to her base without you and, buhari-Efcc arresting her.

When you hear Efcc recovered $50trillion from Jonathan's cousin and yet to borrow and sale national assets is on there mind, you need to ask your zombie brain to start reasoning well.

for the last time don't compare NOI with Kemi again .
maybe you are jealous of her .

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by dunkem21(m): 12:21am On Oct 02, 2016
Emmaoga:

my dear, Your Kemi is not fit and soundly enough to be NOI's typist.

it's like asking between USA and Nigeria who is more developed than the other in every aspect of technology.

Ha cheesy

1 Like

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by AZeD1(m): 12:22am On Oct 02, 2016
dunkem21:

Team leaders involve every one.. All hands on deck.

Outdated is a milder way of calling it foolish. undecided

.. Just like the 97%/5% old skuul comment undecided
If two people don't have the same goal, they can't work together.
That's common sense.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by dunkem21(m): 12:26am On Oct 02, 2016
AZeD1:

If two people don't have the same goal, they can't work together.
That's common sense.

Common sense is shaping all team members ideas towards a common goal.

APC should quit politics of bitterness, joor.. .

My ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 02, 2016
arresa:

Kemi Adeosun is an excellent finance minister
You mean the minister that was guessing what 2.2trn domestic loan was used for after she referred to recession as a mere word? a finance minister who blatantly stated that she cannot predict when recession will end?

and many times better than the useless and incompetent one before her who stole our money and gave it to dasuki to share with her cronies, who also was borrowing N500 year after year to pay salaries,
For your information, the funds disbursed to dasuki was by done following due procedures, it wasn't disbursed for looting or with ulterior motives http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/why-weve-not-arrested-jonathan-efcc-boss/

who also was Paying hi hundreds of thousands of ghost workers, issuing import waivers to her cronies,
Yes, she did pay ghost workers just like the previous govt, but in her time, through the IPPIS that she introduced, she eliminated 62,893 ghost workers from the system and saved the Nigerian government about $1.25 billion in the process. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ngozi_Okonjo-Iweala?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6818239243 and also the current minister of finance and buhari owes Jonathan and Okonjo an accolade for introducing the BVN system that help the bubari's govt in exposing 23,306 ghost workers on Fed Govt Payroll. http://thenationonlineng.net/bvn-exposes-23306-ghost-workers-on-fed-govt-payroll/

who told us to get ready for recession and austerity when oil was selling for $80.
Lies! can you substantiate that she said this when oil price was at $80pd?

[s]Kemi is yet to give our money to dasuki and while okonjo was borrowing hundreds of millions to pay salaries and telling us to get ready to suffer when oil was selling for $80,[/s]
I have already confuted this

kemi is keeping Nigeria afloat with oil selling for $30-40.
More lies, oil price has been undulating between $45-50, and oil output has augmented despite the aversive activities of the NDA according to the states minister of petroleum.
[s]She cleaned out okonjo ghost workers, no more waivers to cronies, no more looting and sharing and so on..[/s]
I have confuted this.

Like I said to your fellow quibbler and sophist, Stop tagging every critic as ipob, its preposterous.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by Standing5(m): 1:10am On Oct 02, 2016
blueto:
You mean the minister that was guessing what 2.2trn domestic loan was used for after she referred to recession as a mere word?

For your information, the funds disbursed to dasuki was by done following due procedures, it wasn't disbursed for looting or with ulterior motives http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/why-weve-not-arrested-jonathan-efcc-boss/

Yes, she did pay ghost workers just like the previous govt, but in her time, through the IPPIS that she introduced, she eliminated 62,893 ghost workers from the system and saved the Nigerian government about $1.25 billion in the process. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ngozi_Okonjo-Iweala?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6818239243 and also the current minister of finance and buhari owes Jonathan and Okonjo an accolade for introducing the BVN system that help the bubari's govt in exposing 23,306 ghost workers on Fed Govt Payroll. http://thenationonlineng.net/bvn-exposes-23306-ghost-workers-on-fed-govt-payroll/

Lies! can you substantiate that she said this when oil price was at $80pd?

I have already confuted this

More lies, oil price has been undulating between $45-50, and oil output has augmented despite the aversive activities of the NDA according to the states minister of petroleum. I have confuted this.

Like I said to your fellow quibbler and sophist, Stop tagging every critic as ipob, its preposterous.
THIS UR OKONJO IWEALA ALSO DEMANDED SHE BE PAID DOLLARS UNDER OBJ BUT LATER REVISED HER ORACLE-LIKE TEXTBOOK AND CONDEMNED DOLLARIZATION OF THE ECONOMY UNDER GEJ THEREBY INDICTING HERSELF. We don't need minister who take night lessons while learning on the job. We need those who understand policy making over cramming of figures and irrelevant details of how N2.2T was spent.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by arresa: 2:18am On Oct 02, 2016
[s]
Emmaoga:

my dear, Your Kemi is not fit and sound enough to be NOI's typist.

it's like asking between USA and Nigeria which is more developed than the other in every aspect of technology.

why has She not be arrested if you claim she wasted your billions...

why is the whole world still talk good about her if you claim she is corrupt.

you only believe this present gov. E-trial. Buhari won't hesitate to nail her down if she is corrupt. She even visited Nigeria not long ago and went back to her base without you and, buhari-Efcc arresting her.

When you hear Efcc recovered $50trillion from Jonathan's cousin and yet to borrow and sale national assets is on there mind, you need to ask your zombie brain to start reasoning well.

for the last time don't compare NOI with Kemi again .
maybe you are jealous of her .
[/s]

You can do better by listing your okonjo's achievements as Nigeria's finance minister and economic coordinator...

1. Okonjo was mortgaging Nigeria, borrowing hundreds of billions to pay salary till the very last month she left office in May 2015 ...

Nigerian govt borrowing billions to pay salaries – Okonjo-Iweala

May 6, 2015

In the face of dwindling oil revenues, Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, said the Federal Government has borrowed about N473billion to pay salaries and fund the 2015 budget.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/182543-nigerian-govt-borrowing-billions-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala.html

2. The useless and incompetent okonjo introduced austerity back in 2014 when oil was selling for $73.

FG introduces austerity measures

NOVEMBER 17, 20147:54 AM

In a bid to insulate the economy from falling crude oil prices the federal government announced far-reaching policy measures to deal with the crashing crude oil prices, cutting 2015 oil benchmark from $78 to $73 per barrel.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/fg-introduces-austerity-measures/

3. With okonjo introducing austerity and borrowing hundreds of billions when oil was selling for $80, tell us her solution today with oil selling for $30-40.

Obviously, she'll offer to auction Nigeria.

4. Kemi Adeosun is managing and keeping Nigeria float with oil selling for $30 Nigeria and terrorists destroying the economy while okonjo was sinking us into debt by borrowing hundreds of billions to pay salaries and introducing austerity when the same oil was selling for almost triple what Kemi Adeosun is working with.

5. Okonjo couldn't even keep track of our money, the useless woman didn't know NNPC opened tons of illegal bank accounts and stealing billions that she was supposed to by making sure enters federal account we put her in charge to manage. She didn't know billions of dollars was missing till SLS raised alarm before she confessed that $10 billion was missing..

6. We are struggling today because the useless and incompetent woman refused to diversify our economy even though Nigerian made more money under her watch since independence..

In fact, the foolish and worthless woman even admitted that she failed us in her silly video...

Kemi is a better finance minister and public official that that waste of space called okojo, Oknonjo failed under 2 different administration and she still left Nigeria with a battered economy..

Please shut up abeg..

34 Likes 9 Shares

Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by martha89: 2:29am On Oct 02, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Are you even from the State? APC making some Yoruba to talk rubbish.
Re: No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki by tit(f): 2:48am On Oct 02, 2016
Liability:
If u like appoint anoda sales girl(kemi adeosun) in ur cabinet. Na u sabi

chaaaai

2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I Won’t Give Up On Biafran Agitation" - Nnamdi Kanu / Adedotun Niyi Adebayo And Morenikeji's Wedding Photos / Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.