Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,622 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare (18057 Views)

2019 Elections: Looters Using Stolen Money To Fight Buhari - Muslim Group, MURIC / Tunde Bakare Blasts DSS Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue / I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by Sleekbabz(m): 9:03am On Oct 02, 2016
I don't have the energy to read through
I've not eaten and the depression of not being able to order my phone due to the high dollar rate is telling on me
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by JaypeeAnics(m): 9:09am On Oct 02, 2016
if una like, fight 4 boxing ring or 4 village square, i go jat giv una goat face asif i no knw una cus it makes no difference.....
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by Rrankdonga(m): 9:10am On Oct 02, 2016
Jirate:
You can’t be close to a man and go and fight him in the public. The fight begins when you have a leader who is unresponsive and irresponsible. For as long as they are showing you their cards and you know they are responsive and responsible, you don’t fight your friend in the public.

does he even know what unresponsive and irresponsible mean.

Both words have the word "respond" in them, which meanswe seek to know how you respond is what is been measured.

So how has Mr Buhari to
1. Nigeria's economic state?
He employed just one economic adviser and five media advisers

2. IPOB?
He jailed their leader and does not want to educate himself on what a referendum is.

3. Corruption?
He changed the definition to mean all PDP members.

4.Fulani terrorists?
He's living in denial and claims they are from outta space or is it Niger now?

5. Diversification?
Spending more money in barren lands in search for non existing Oil.

So please who is unresponsive and irresponsible?

I lost a lot of respect for this pastor today.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by Opinedecandid(m): 9:12am On Oct 02, 2016
See this simple and straightforward question:

'Still on fighting corruption, some Nigerians would tell you that the fight is not fair as it is mainly directed at the members of the opposition. Someone even said recently that if you’re an All Progressives Congress member, you’d be in the President’s good books…'

"I remember the prophecy I gave when we lifted the ban on the election in 2015. I said those who hoped that the Peoples Democratic Party’s loss would be APC’s gain should think twice because after the election, PDP’s loss would be APC’s pain. Now there were PDP governors who switched over to APC and they are now ministers and there are APC senators who also switched over to become PDP senators. In every nation, democracy takes time to nurture. It takes time for it to mature. You can’t compare ours with that of other countries. The other day when my wife and I were watching the first United States presidential debate, you could see one thing that was evident in both candidates’ answers. Despite their political differences, they want their nation to be great again and they want to give it their best shots. That’s what we also need here. Nigeria is the only country where I know armed robbers remit money abroad. Recently, I was in Manila, the Philippines and when I landed there to preach, I saw red carpet from the stairway to the immigration portal. When I looked at the people walking on the red carpet, they were wearing beach slippers and were casually dressed. It caught my attention. I knew they could not be diplomats. So I went to the end of the red carpet to see what they put up there and there it was written, ‘We welcome our citizens who are working abroad and sending money home to ensure that our economy is buoyant.’ I’ve been to several nations, but this is the only nation I saw as unique. In our country here, an average Nigerian wants to buy the best house in California, US, and then they take all our resources out of the country. People like that hate our country. It’s not wrong to have houses abroad. By the grace of God, I have some here and there too, but this is the place I find peace and rest. My wife will tell you that anytime I travel abroad and it’s getting to 10 days, I find it uncomfortable again to stay there. In spite of the turmoil here, this is the only place I feel maximum protection. I fear nothing. There’s an inherent goodness in an average Nigerian, but we tap into it and bring it forth. I believe that with the right set of leadership, this country will be great again. I remember eight years ago when Barack Obama won the US presidential election, Nigerians made fabrics with Obama on them and they were buying drinks and were merry. I asked them, ‘How is Obama presidency going to affect you here?’ It was then I realised that social mobility is not frozen in this country. It’s quality leadership that is lacking. Look at our youths who are jobless, if you create farm settlements for them and you ask them to go and serve there and pay them what is commensurate with their labour, we will feed the whole of Africa in no time. Meanwhile, the future doesn’t belong to job seekers, but job creators. We can start small. You can do something to contribute your own quota. I agree totally that we should not begin to tell our youths, ‘Do not ask what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country.’ You can quote John F. Kennedy a million times, but for JFK to have said that, he had benefitted from that country. We must put social amenities in place that will alleviate the suffering of especially our youths."

Imagine the answer. Completely and totally off the track. Truth is truth, man!

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by lastpage: 9:19am On Oct 02, 2016
Profnedu:
u can't fight buhari in public because he's ur Friend BT u fought Jonathan publicly because he is not ur friend
and u call ur self a man of God .

smh
sometimes I wonder if God truely called all this men of God.

person go just receive flashing from God he don run go form church dey collect tithe

You lack understanding so much, l pity your future!

Go back and read that paragraph again, maybe you will get what he was speaking about.
Dont just read words (and pounce on the surface meaning).... read to assimilate and understand, even that which is not said!

Its like reading the Bible: if you read just one verse and "take it in isolation", you would have a contrary understanding (if l can call it that) of what is written but if you read before, after and around the verse, you will have what we call " a true and holistic understanding" of the passage.

Get over this "fighting for GEJ" mentality!

Even GEJ is on good terms with those you are fighting .... on GEJ's behalf. shocked undecided undecided

Let me give you a little 'heads-up' on what that paragraph was saying so you can put it in proper perspective:
1.) At $130 per barrel, GEJ's administration cannot be said to be short of money, hence he needs not add more burden to Nigerians in form of fuel price hike. AL GEJ needed to do was plug the various loopholes through which his cronies loot the nations treasury.

* The same cannot be said of the Buhari administration with a price range of $28 - $45 per barrel. Now, Nigeria is very brokee, its "savings" has been looted by GEJ and his cronies, Nigeria is living on debt as its earnings from Crude Oil has dwindled drastically, yet the Govt still needs money to develop the nation and meet its financial obligation to its citizens!

2.) The level of treasury-looting under GEJ was just mind-boggling. Let us put "witches and hunting aside", a thief is a thief! Govt Money was being just looted abroad, by the cronies of GEJ. So, increasing the fuel price was just another avenue for GEJ and his cronies to inflict more "needless pain" on Nigerians, by looting whatever money was raked-off the pocket of Nigerians

* The same cannot be said of the Buhari administration as we are seeing what the Govt is doing with our money, especially in the area of agriculture and infrastructure development though it is still early days.
*The Buhari Govt cannot also be accused of the kind of mindless looting of Govt purse, as obtainable under GEJ.

These are just too examples, to keep the story short!

So, when Pastor Bakare, who is a close associate of both men but closer to Buhari (the "my friend" angle), someone who knows what both men are doing (back then and now) someone who saw all the THIEVERY under GEJ.... and the PRUDENCE under Buhari, it is understandable why "He will protest and fuel hike increase under GEJ ....and wont do same under Buhari".

It is based on facts, principle, morality and support for the masses.

This is why l said, "You need to look beyond the "face-value" of the statement but the reasons behind the statement.

happy-days.

Lastpage!

PS: Forgive me, l have used your post to generally address a malaise in people like you, who always fail to see "the BIG Picture" when discussions are ongoing but focus (and then pounce) on a single line of statement.
So, dont take it personal..... your post was just an example. kiss kiss

3 Likes

Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by tinkinjow: 9:26am On Oct 02, 2016
I hv come to the realisation that these guys are like everyone one else, i hv seen sagay, soyinka, bakare, et al struggle to stay the cause but disappointingly unconvincing.
Something still tells me that Gani won't have turned out like them. Wish he's still around!
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by Jayloy: 9:27am On Oct 02, 2016
bH
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by afanide: 9:43am On Oct 02, 2016
You can do it sir...

Just believe in yourself.......
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:53am On Oct 02, 2016
I agree & disagree with him but one thing I take 4rm the speech
Nigerian is ours and we are Nigerians .but do we really address our selves as Nigerians A question 4 anoda day
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by lastpage: 10:28am On Oct 02, 2016
fuckyoumhen:
TUNDE BAKARE IS AN (a) HYPOCRITE FOR SAYING THAT BUHARI HAS LISTENING EARS.
HE SHOULD POINTED (point) TO ONE OF BUHARIS (Buhari's) ACTION THAT SHOWS THAT THE KUNU SIPPING DULLARD HAS LISTENING EARS.

HE THINKS THAT ALL NIGERIANS ARE AS FOOLISH AS HIS CHURCH MEMBER (members)?

TUNDE BAKARE SHOULD JUST KEEP QUIET AND CONTINUE TO SCAM HIS GULLIBLE FOLLOWERS!

what's the moral in TUNDE BAKARES EPISTLE? THAT WE SHOULD SEE THE TRUTH AND TELLS (tell) LIES JUST BECAUSE THE ACCUSED IS A FRIEND? OH WELL, CLAP FOR YOURSELF.

That you cant see the "moral" in his discuss, shows that you are the "Classic Example" of those we call "Yoots"!

Just look at how poor your writing skills are? Full of grammatical sommersualts! shocked shocked

May God help you on this long thing you are on. Just go back to school and pay attention
grin grin

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by lastpage: 10:34am On Oct 02, 2016
fujirice:

What is there to learn in that garbage that man spilled there? You can't fight the later in public because he is your friend even when what he is doing is the wrong thing but you fought the former vehemently in public who did the same because he's not your friend.
Seriously, what is there to learn?

Read my last post maybe it can answer your question.

Y'all seem to be so focused on just that one paragragh about "fighting Buhari"?
Are you all in a fighting mood?

The Fuel Hike protest is NOT a fight between "friends and enemies"....... its a protest about those who loot the treasury while foisting hardship on the people at the same time ( That is GEJ for you)
grin grin

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by fuckyoumhen: 11:05am On Oct 02, 2016
lastpage:

That you cant see the "moral" in his discuss, shows that you are the "Classic Example" of those we call "Yoots"!

Just look at how poor your writing skills are? Full of grammatical sommersualts! shocked shocked

May God help you on this long thing you are on. Just go back to school and pay attention
grin grin

Lastpage!

Mr Prof. its unfortunate that despite how learned you claimed to be your post still pass no meaningful message

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by heffem(m): 11:08am On Oct 02, 2016
fujirice:

What is there to learn in that garbage that man spilled there? You can't fight the later in public because he is your friend even when what he is doing is the wrong thing but you fought the former vehemently in public who did the same because he's not your friend.
Seriously, what is there to learn?
..... my brother I tire. is that not the same man who publicly kicked about the subsidy thing? I pity his followers
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by anonimi: 11:19am On Oct 02, 2016
lastpage:

The Fuel Hike protest is NOT a fight between "friends and enemies"....... its a protest about those who loot the treasury while foisting hardship on the people at the same time ( That is GEJ for you)
grin grin

Lastpage!

Kindly remember that the 36 state governors that had many in APC were also looting their treasury. Not so

eaglechild:
We can't complete Lagos light rail project

We obviously can't complete Lekki international phantom airport.

And you will be the biggest fool to think that we can complete Eko Atlantic.

Use your head people where do you think we are getting all the money we are using to sponsor Buhari undecided

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2079192_fasholaa_jpegfc425dbc9482db4d2098e4dd5e8bee75

anonimi:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-0cjSRaVqdv4/TWEJI4eES7I/AAAAAAAAAO8/nZkAaHlM5IE/s1600/sunbornyatch2C.jpg[/img]

Lagos N8bn Sunborn Yacht deal, bad business — APC

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-n8bn-sunborn-yacht-deal-bad-business-apc/

Firefire:
Fellow Nairalanders, in response to Fashola comments below on not receiving enough support from the federal government to complete the Lagos light rail project.

[size=15pt]
"Fashola said all over the world, when cities and states build municipal rails like what Lagos is doing, their central governments support them morally and financially"[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/2120455/cant-complete-lagos-light-rail

Few months ago same Fashola said this:

[size=15pt]Lagos: How We Spent N160bn World Bank Loan on Light Rail Project[/size]

The Lagos State Government yesterday justified the N160 billion it borrowed from the World Bank, noting that the fund was channelled to finance its light rail (blue line) project.

However, the state government expressed disappointment at the progress of the project, which it said, was not executed as smoothly as possible, but was optimistic of its completion.

The state Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, said this shortly after inspecting the light rail terminus at the Orile-Iganmu part of the state alongside some members of the state executive council.

Speaking with journalists, Fashola said the project would have been completed in another 12 months despite that the project execution was not as smooth and speedy as he wanted it.

The governor raised questions on the intention of the federal government for publishing the state debt profile in the recent time, wondering what could have informed the decision to make it public.

He said: “I think it was the Debt Management Office of the federal government that published the report that we have a debt of about N160billion. I do not know the intent of the publication.

“But if it was to inform the public, I think we have always kept the public informed anytime we borrow money. If there are other intentions behind that, only those who make the publication would know what the intentions are.

“But you see, when people talk about debt of a state like Lagos, they forget that after Nigeria, South Africa, Egypt and one other country, we have the fifth largest economy in Africa.

“When you are talking of about a billion naira debt to a population of over 21 million people; because if you are measuring the debt, you also have to measure the responsibility. Those are the things people keep in isolation.”

He, therefore, explained that the state government already “has in place, strategies to repay the loan. The federal government was in the know of the state’s decision to take the bond and it approved it.”

[size=15pt]He added that the truth “is that what they do not also say is that no state in Nigeria can borrow money outside, from any multilateral agencies without the approval of the federal government.[/size]

“What they did not say is that they approved it. No state can raise money by bond the way we have done without the federal government’s approval. [size=18pt]Both SEC and NSE are all federal regulatory agencies through which we must pass. If they said okay, it means there must be something good about the debt.
[/size]

“Our rating as a state is the same as that of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, BB minus-stable with a positive outlook. We are the only state in Nigeria that has that rating. The first bond that was taken during my first tenure has been paid; the first tranche has been paid.

“I think the second tranche will be settled around 2016 or 2017. We are already making provisions. The provisions that will be there will be in excess of what is needed,” the governor said

Fashola expressed satisfaction on the progress of the light rail project, though decried the petty delay that was encountered as a result funding, saying the project would have should have been completed in another 12 months.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-how-we-spent-n160bn-world-bank-loan-on-light-rail-project/188736/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by Sirchino: 11:25am On Oct 02, 2016
cool

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by Chukabiz1961(m): 11:27am On Oct 02, 2016
Is it possible we start telling ourselves the truth which is the only change we need?
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by hucienda: 11:35am On Oct 02, 2016
The stench hypocrisy of this man is beyond reprehensible.

The fuel subsidy issue exposed his double standard to the world. I couldn't believe it. Tried as he could to have to save face with such a pathetic attempt on having opposing answers on the very same issue, his hypocrisy and deceit all the more became evident.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by Sirchino: 11:47am On Oct 02, 2016
lastpage:

grin grin

Lastpage!

So how has the present hike, mitigated the suffering of the masses presently and also stopped looting in this govt? Pls let us be objective for once, and not be hypocrites. The man is only frolicking around this present govt, because it is all about personal interest and nothing more. That is why people should be more careful about this set of humans, especially as they ascende from the religious angle of view. They are worst than the real polictical palyers

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by DaQueen995(f): 12:03pm On Oct 02, 2016
fuckyoumhen:
TUNDE BAKARE IS AN HYPOCRITE FOR SAYING THAT BUHARI HAS LISTENING EARS.
HE SHOULD POINTED TO ONE OF BUHARIS ACTION THAT SHOWS THAT THE KUNU SIPPING DULLARD HAS LISTENING EARS.

HE THINKS THAT ALL NIGERIANS ARE AS FOOLISH AS HIS CHURCH MEMBER?

TUNDE BAKARE SHOULD JUST KEEP QUIET AND CONTINUE TO SCAM HIS GULLIBLE FOLLOWERS!

what's the moral in TUNDE BAKARES EPISTLE? THAT WE SHOULD SEE THE TRUTH AND TELLS LIES JUST BECAUSE THE ACCUSED IS A FRIEND? OH WELL, CLAP FOR YOURSELF.
u are very stupid for making such comments. I am a member of the latter rain assembly and i won't allow u make such stupid comments. I will suggest dat u read in between d lines before passing ur comment. Am sure dat if people like u are in government, we d citizens are doomed.
Idiot, incomparable asshole. Think and read well before making comments.
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by SamiraF: 12:07pm On Oct 02, 2016
All Buhari's helpers are abandoning him like rats jumping off a sinking ship. End times
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by Sirchino: 12:09pm On Oct 02, 2016
tinkinjow:
I hv come to the realisation that these guys are like everyone one else, i hv seen sagay, soyinka, bakare, et al struggle to stay the cause but disappointingly unconvincing.
Something still tells me that Gani won't have turned out like them. Wish he's still around!

They are not only like everyone else, but worse than the real political players especially the ones that emerge from the man of God tag on them. They are reprehensibly decietiful and annoying.
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by Sirchino: 12:10pm On Oct 02, 2016
tinkinjow:

They are not only like everyone elso, but worse than the real political players especially the ones that emrege from the man of God tag on them. They are reprehensibly decietiful and annoying.
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by plaetton: 1:28pm On Oct 02, 2016
Fxxing hypocrite and coward.

But you faught Jonathan in the public .

What is the difference now ?

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by plaetton: 1:30pm On Oct 02, 2016
DaQueen995:

u are very stupid for making such comments. I am a member of the latter rain assembly and i won't allow u make such stupid comments. I will suggest dat u read in between d lines before passing ur comment. Am sure dat if people like u are in government, we d citizens are doomed.
Idiot, incomparable asshole. Think and read well before making comments.

Hilarious.

So because you're a member of Bakere's own fraud Cult, no one should call Bakare the hypocrite and coward that he is ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by vislabraye(m): 1:35pm On Oct 02, 2016
This man is speaking from both sides of the mouth. He cant criticise Buhari publicly because they are good friends but he could call Gej all sorts of names because they are not friends. Bakare, you are part of the problem. You can't justify your double standard.
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by fujirice: 2:51pm On Oct 02, 2016
lastpage:

grin grin

Lastpage!
Mtschew!!! I thought you are being objective.
Abeg bye-bye
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by sweerychick(f): 3:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
Too bad, this clearly shows that you don't mix politics with religion first fr mbaka now pastor tunde bakare. If you are a man of God serve him with all concentration, but if you must dabble in politics especially here in Nigeria then don't mix it religion. Remove morality from law if you want to be a lawyer.
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by fejikudz(m): 5:14pm On Oct 02, 2016
Bakare the hypocrite
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by lastpage: 8:11pm On Oct 02, 2016
plaetton:
Fxxing hypocrite and coward.

But you faught Jonathan in the public .

What is the difference now ?

He did not "FIGHT JONATHAN IN PUBLIC"...........
He led a "movement of Nigerians" that protested against the fuel price increase during that period.

SITUATION in "that period" (Jonathan) ..... and in "this period" (Buhari) are glaringly not the same, as l have explained in details in one of my previous post!

As long as most of you these Easterners/Jonathan apologist are still stuck in the mindset of "anyone against Jonathan is our enemy", YOU CANT REASON OBJECTIVELY!
Your emotions are beclouding your reasoning faculty, if any.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by plaetton: 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2016
lastpage:

He did not "FIGHT JONATHAN IN PUBLIC"...........
He led a "movement of Nigerians" that protested against the fuel price increase during that period.

SITUATION in "that period" (Jonathan) ..... and in "this period" (Buhari) are glaringly not the same, as l have explained in details in one of my previous post!

As long as most of you these Easterners/Jonathan apologist are still stuck in the mindset of "anyone against Jonathan is our enemy", YOU CANT REASON OBJECTIVELY!
Your emotions are beclouding your reasoning faculty, if any.

Lastpage!

Bullshyte.

So he led a movement against GEJ's proposed fuel price increase, did he ?
I didn't see him lead a movement against Buhari's fuel price increase.
Hhhmm! I wonder why?
Could it be because he is a shameless hypocrite ?

For your information, I fully supported GEJ's proposed fuel price increase, because it made good economic sense. I also supported Buhari's fuel price increase, because, it also makes good economic sense. I only scoffed at their dishonesty in trying to sell it using laughable and dishonest reasons.

For your information as well, I publicly criticized GEJ's government many times on Nairaland when it was necessary to do so, for the very same reasons and even more, that I criticize this particular joke of a government.
At least I am consistent.

Now, if you think it's only the southeasterners who are unhappy at the pitiful state of affairs in Nigeria at every level, then I guess it must only the southeasterners that are feeling the economic crunch of what is turning out to be the most incompetent government in the history the modern world.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare by mikolo80: 5:15am On Oct 03, 2016
Iamemma:
NIGERIA CAN ONLY BE GREAT IF THE PEOPLE'S CONSTITUTION IS convoked and enacted

For once I feel are leaders are short of ideas
what Will you convoke that is different from what is there now. abeg mowu hia word about this we the people bull

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tenure Elongation: APC Northern Governors Dump Oyegun, Align With Buhari / I Never Said Oshiomhole Was Bad Luck For APC - Amaechi / Ngige: Why FG Is Sending Raw Food To Parents At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.