Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

AVOID HASSLES ON YOUR BUILDING PROJECTS! PROJECT MANAGEMENT IS YOUR BEST BET!! - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / AVOID HASSLES ON YOUR BUILDING PROJECTS! PROJECT MANAGEMENT IS YOUR BEST BET!! (1965 Views)

Management Is What I Do Best! / How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AVOID HASSLES ON YOUR BUILDING PROJECTS! PROJECT MANAGEMENT IS YOUR BEST BET!! by olumide4christ: 11:13am On Mar 02, 2017
WHO MAY NOT NEED OUR SERVICES

On the other hand, our services may not be required by certain categories of clients such as:

1) Individuals who desire and are available to personally oversee, monitor and manage all resources and processes involve in their project.

2) Individuals who may due to financial constraints want to cut corners and neglect building construction standards in order to sig[/nificantly cut costs.
Re: AVOID HASSLES ON YOUR BUILDING PROJECTS! PROJECT MANAGEMENT IS YOUR BEST BET!! by olumide4christ: 11:44am On Mar 02, 2017
HOW COST-EFFECTIVE ARE OUR SERVICES?

Making use of our customized project management services is cost-effective, to say the least. Let’s compare the following scenarios:

SCENARIO 1

Compare engaging our services on your project to engaging a builder/contractor only to carry out your construction project. We would normally charge between 10% of the estimated project cost (materials, labour, equipment, preliminaries, etc) as our Project Management fees, depending on a variety of factors such as location, degree of involvement, required logistics, etc. A builder/contractor would normally charge for profit and overheads on every project, which is calculated as a certain percentage of the combined cost of materials, labour, equipment, preliminaries, etc required in the project. This percentage for profit and overheads varies from one builder/contractor to another, starting from 15%, 20%, 25%, and up to 40%, depending on their level of expertise, exposure, resources, and a number of other factors.

A prospective client paying 10% of the project’s base cost for our comprehensive services as earlier enumerated and outlined as against 15-40% of the same in engaging a builder/contractor is in our opinion, a fair deal and will definitely lead to some cost savings for the client, while in the same vein getting optimum value for money.
Re: AVOID HASSLES ON YOUR BUILDING PROJECTS! PROJECT MANAGEMENT IS YOUR BEST BET!! by olumide4christ: 12:34pm On Mar 02, 2017
SCENARIO 2

Compare a client engaging our Project Management services on a project TO that client just personally engaging and dealing with artisans, labourers and suppliers alone without any project manager helping to oversee the work. For the latter, the client may not have to pay an additional 10% for project management fees, but when the artisans and labourers mess up the project, as they do on many occasions due to lack of effective management processes; or the suppliers bring substandard materials as they sometimes do due to lack of or no oversight provided by project managers, the cost of rework or redressing the defective works would majority of the time, cost up to or even more than 10% of the initial cost of the project. This does not take into cognizance the monetary value of time lost in delays and time spent in carrying out the rework/repairs.

Added to this is the emotional stress and trauma that arises from a project gone bad, of which the steps to resolving the issues may prove very challenging, as has been the case on many projects, some even here on Nairaland. Such stress and trauma cannot even be quantified in monetary terms.
Re: AVOID HASSLES ON YOUR BUILDING PROJECTS! PROJECT MANAGEMENT IS YOUR BEST BET!! by olumide4christ: 11:00am On Apr 10, 2017
From the above scenarios, it can be seen that employing our Project Management services on your projects is a more cost-effective solution to achieving successfully completed projects. In the final analysis, it is the client’s prerogative to decide whether to engage our Project Management services or deal directly with a builder or artisans on their projects.

Be that as it may, We Patiently Anticipate Your Business!!!
Re: AVOID HASSLES ON YOUR BUILDING PROJECTS! PROJECT MANAGEMENT IS YOUR BEST BET!! by olumide4christ: 11:19am On Apr 10, 2017

OUR PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROCESSES

We have carefully and painstakingly put together our project management processes which comprise a stage-by-stage breakdown of the scope of services we provide and our mode of operations, such that our prospective clients understand the services we are offering and they get the best and only the best.

The services we provide and our mode of operations vary from project to project and is highly dependent on the following:

1) The stage of the project at which the client engages us.
2) The level of involvement or responsibility the client gives to us on the project.

Irrespective of the above dependencies, we shall list and briefly describe the range of our Project Management Services and thereafter, our Mode of Operations.
Re: AVOID HASSLES ON YOUR BUILDING PROJECTS! PROJECT MANAGEMENT IS YOUR BEST BET!! by olumide4christ: 11:23am On Apr 10, 2017
ANALYSIS OF OUR PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERVICES

We have analyzed below our Project Management Services in accordance with the Project Management Phases/Processes of a typical project.
Re: AVOID HASSLES ON YOUR BUILDING PROJECTS! PROJECT MANAGEMENT IS YOUR BEST BET!! by olumide4christ: 11:28am On Apr 10, 2017
PROJECT INITIATION

This project phase comprises all activities and processes carried out to define the scope, goals, financial parameters and other variables for the proposed project. Our services provided in this phase are:

1) We give preliminary advice to the client on the viability of the brief
2) We carry out site investigations on the proposed site in order to advise the client on anticipated challenges, highest and best use of the
proposed site, and other peculiarities that may arise

3) By virtue of our knowledge of construction costs, we can prepare a feasibility study on the proposed project for the client (for an
additional but discounted fee.
Re: AVOID HASSLES ON YOUR BUILDING PROJECTS! PROJECT MANAGEMENT IS YOUR BEST BET!! by olumide4christ: 11:33am On Apr 10, 2017
PROJECT PLANNING

This project phase comprises all activities and processes carried out to outline and finalize all plans to be made and all actions to be taken to execute the proposed project. Our services provided in this phase are:

1) We discuss with and advise the client on the preliminary budget for the proposed project.

2) We assist the client in engaging and negotiating with other consultants (architect, engineers, etc) to provide the relevant drawings and
details required for the project and also assist in coordinating them such that the client’s brief (goals and objectives) for the project well-
understood and represented in the drawings and details.

3) By virtue of our knowledge of construction costs, we help the client determine the estimated cost of the project by the preparation of bills
of quantities and/or material schedules (for an additional but discounted fee) depending on what method of procurement the client wishes
to use for the project.

4) We advise the client on the procurement method to be used for the project e.g. direct labour, traditional (contractor), labour-only
contract, design and build, etc and how best to go about it.

5) We prepare programme of works or work-breakdown schedule (WBS) which apportions specific timelines to the various sections of the
construction works and determine which sections come before the other i.e. sequencing. No second guesses!!
Re: AVOID HASSLES ON YOUR BUILDING PROJECTS! PROJECT MANAGEMENT IS YOUR BEST BET!! by olumide4christ: 11:35am On Apr 10, 2017
STAY TUNED...TO BE CONTINUED SOON!!
Re: AVOID HASSLES ON YOUR BUILDING PROJECTS! PROJECT MANAGEMENT IS YOUR BEST BET!! by raymondFirstborn(m): 2:55pm On Sep 02, 2017
olumide4christ:
PROJECT PLANNING

This project phase comprises all activities and processes carried out to outline and finalize all plans to be made and all actions to be taken to execute the proposed project. Our services provided in this phase are:

1) We discuss with and advise the client on the preliminary budget for the proposed project.

2) We assist the client in engaging and negotiating with other consultants (architect, engineers, etc) to provide the relevant drawings and
details required for the project and also assist in coordinating them such that the client’s brief (goals and objectives) for the project well-
understood and represented in the drawings and details.

3) By virtue of our knowledge of construction costs, we help the client determine the estimated cost of the project by the preparation of bills
of quantities and/or material schedules (for an additional but discounted fee) depending on what method of procurement the client wishes
to use for the project.

4) We advise the client on the procurement method to be used for the project e.g. direct labour, traditional (contractor), labour-only
contract, design and build, etc and how best to go about it.

5) We prepare programme of works or work-breakdown schedule (WBS) which apportions specific timelines to the various sections of the
construction works and determine which sections come before the other i.e. sequencing. No second guesses!!

thanks a lot sir for this info.
As a young QS and a plumbing and water supply contractor, I have observed that recently a lot of people have started using the project management model as it is a more efficient model.I hope to work with you someday sir.
Re: AVOID HASSLES ON YOUR BUILDING PROJECTS! PROJECT MANAGEMENT IS YOUR BEST BET!! by olumide4christ: 3:53pm On Sep 02, 2017
raymondFirstborn:

thanks a lot sir for this info.
As a young QS and a plumbing and water supply contractor, I have observed that recently a lot of people have started using the project management model as it is a more efficient model.I hope to work with you someday sir.

You're right...project management is more encompassing, acceptable though more demanding.
Hopefully, we can do things together in future.
Re: AVOID HASSLES ON YOUR BUILDING PROJECTS! PROJECT MANAGEMENT IS YOUR BEST BET!! by olumide4christ: 7:18pm On Apr 05, 2019
Hello Nairalanders,

Its been quite a while since I made posts on a number of my threads. Work, major commitments and some other factors really kept me off my regular posts. However, the good news is I am back in full force to give informative posts and answer pertinent questions on construction-related matters from fellow Nairalanders.

While I was away from making posts on this thread, I have been involved in quite a lot of projects, garnering qualitative experience. I shall be sharing some of these experiences as it affects Project Management as time goes on. Let me remind you all that I have a wealth of experience in the construction industry spanning over 13 years now...a cursory look at my threads and posts here on Nairaland will prove that fact.

Your questions, comments and constructive criticisms are highly welcome. Stay connected!
Re: AVOID HASSLES ON YOUR BUILDING PROJECTS! PROJECT MANAGEMENT IS YOUR BEST BET!! by olumide4christ: 7:50pm On Jul 20, 2020
Hello Nairalanders,

I'm happy to say that I am back to Nairaland properties section after a long while off, with a BIG BANG! What have I been up to? Work has taken a lot of time, working on my biggest project & with my biggest client till date since last year and a host of other commitments. I have also set up a construction concern providing construction services. Watch out for the new thread showcasing this coming up soon.

Expect more threads by which we will showcase new services we have to offer you and offer more knowledge to you on the world of construction and consultancy. As has been my usual practice, feel free to ask me your questions on anything and everything about construction and properties.

On this thread, I will be focusing more on Project Management and Construction Management services and all that pertains to them. I will share titbits from my comprehensive proposal that I have put together for both individual and corporate clients.

Questions, comments and criticisms are always welcome.

Watch out for this space. Stay blessed and stay safe!
Re: AVOID HASSLES ON YOUR BUILDING PROJECTS! PROJECT MANAGEMENT IS YOUR BEST BET!! by olumide4christ: 9:40pm On Jul 20, 2020
BACK WITH A BIG BANG!!

WATCH OUT FOR THIS SPACE!

(1) (2) (Reply)

House For Sale In 1004 Housing Estate In Victorial Island / Multi Room Audio And Video / House for sale at new rd off Ada George rd In Port Harcourt(pictures) SOLD!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.