Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,267 members, 7,780,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:15 PM

How Many Users Do We Really Have In Nigeria?? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Many Users Do We Really Have In Nigeria?? (755 Views)

Mastergblog.com.ng Custom Blogger Template Shared For Users (do / Common Mistakes Blogger Blog Users Do That Could Get Their Blog Blocked. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Many Users Do We Really Have In Nigeria?? by lucarella: 12:07pm On Oct 02, 2016
I recently stumbled on a piece written by a digital marketer and I began to ask myself the same thing. How many users do we really have in Nigeria?

While it's easy to scream 97 million because the NCC says so, sit down and ponder about it. The NCC talks about only gsm networks right? It will interest you to know that NCC has no means of even knowing how many people use more than one SIM. A majority of Nigerians do. Due to the network challenges they face. So NCC automatically reads your 2 or 3 sims as 2 or 3 different people. Hereby increasing the number of internet users. Still not convinced?

Okay, so over 70 percent of internet users are on social media. This takes the very first activity on the internet. If we have 97 million users, how come we have only 16 million Facebook users and about 4-5 million Twitter users (bearing in mind that most people on Facebook are also on twitter and instagram). Nairaland has only 1.6 million registered users with about 9 million unique views every month. This is the 8th most visited site in Nigeria. Figures definitely don't add up.

So I have been asking, where are the other internet users? I mean, brands run digital campaigns and stills achieve the same reach.

I personally believe that we are less than half of that figure. But saying that will make us unattractive to potential brands who want to do business here in Nigeria. What do you think?

(1) (Reply)

If You Can Build A Website Come In / Get A Website For As Low As #500 Naira (five Hundred ) Wordpress / Can A Blogger Website Rank Better In Search Engine Result Than Wordpress?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.