Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times (48432 Views)

Recession: 3 Nigerian National Assets Buhari Must Not Sell- RMAFC / Melaye To Remi Tinubu: "I Will Beat You, Impregnate You" - Premium Times / Stolen Assets: FG To Make Recovery Details Available Thursday – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2016
But that the minister of finance says that: we r already coming out of recession recently.. Seriously speaking, Apc is confused but zombies will see nothing bad cos they are blind followers.. The presidency is confuse...

1 Like

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by emvico(m): 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2016
don't sell the assets, sell the country to the white ones so that we can work for them. next time we won't vote for change again

1 Like

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by melejo(m): 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2016
Tallesty1:
Please whoever padded our budget should also pad this one to add Buhari and Lai Mohammed to the list.
You want to sell the president? God forgive you
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Horlumyde: 2:16pm On Oct 02, 2016
I am in luv with dis decision fg is takin becos i think it is tym we allow 100% private sector in all sectors of our economy lyk roads,railways,airports,refineries,seaports e.t.c.if nigerians can allow d fg 2 go ahead it would bring a total end 2 corruption mostly in d oil nd gas sector(nnpc-headquarters of corruption)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by daryoor03(m): 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2016
This can't be happening. Selling of assets.
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Akinaukwa: 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
Investing and pumping money to all these comatose national assets does not pay. If selling them would help get us out of recession let it be done. We are walloping in hunger.

3 Likes

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by aminu790(m): 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
after shekau had insisted that he will sell chibok girls and next year fed govt will sell nigeria to chinese
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by drss(m): 2:20pm On Oct 02, 2016
Izonpikin:
If the FG is so confused they should give back these assets to host regions and communities...I wouldn't want to envisage more northerners and non Niger deltans buying these assets..

Vandalism and militant activities no go get part 2...

The niger deltans who voted for buhari and the apc should be ashamed of themselves.. angry
d bold is exactly my position. niger deltans should resist any attempt by buari to sell oyel assets located in their region.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by emmasege: 2:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
May his (Buhari's) days be few; may another take his place of leadership (Ps 109:cool
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
Izonpikin:
you guys voted in this clueless admin..

The FG should leave the assets for the host regions and let us all move on with our lives..these assets are already ready to be bought by the FG cronies..

We can't continue to be slaves to the FG...

The senators and other well meaning stake holders should fight against this sudden plan of FG to sell economical viable assets..

Which senators are you talking about?In as much as Buhari has made up his mind to sell those assets,it's already sold because his Northern brothers you call senators can never go against what has been discussed and concluded in the mosques and sealed by the Imams.

At least,Dangote has already shown interest in aquiring LNG,other Northerners will buy the rest and the Islamisation of Nigeria continues.Our future will remain bleak because we lack the capacity to stand.We remain the cause of our misfortune because we're yet to discover who we are and who our enemies are as well.

1 Like

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 02, 2016
I still have not seen the purpose of my taxes in this country..

I used to pay taxes.. i thought it was fuel subsidy/light subsidy/ train system/ road construction etc..

If everything is privatised.... what is the purpose of the tax.. i earn salary to pay govt some to pay salary?

What is the purpose of FG really?

Security?... i pay state levies?
Light ? Privatised
Water ? Bore hole
Fuel? I pay what the world pays
Food ?.. i grow my food
House?.. i built mine

Whatelse really..

3 Likes

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by deenvibe(m): 2:28pm On Oct 02, 2016
Mynd44:
They forgot both houses of the National Assembly.
that building should be sold off without any buy-back clause or convert it to national cinema.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by greatermax77(m): 2:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
PRESIDENTIAL VILLA SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN THAT LIST. THAT VILLA IS HUGE WASTE FOR NIGERIA.. NO REASONABLE POLICY COMING OUT FROM THERE.
LET HIM WORK UNDER THE SUN TO RESET HIS BRAIN.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Nelannie: 2:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
Why not sale the whole country
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Izonpikin: 2:30pm On Oct 02, 2016
nyben4eva:

Which senators are you talking about?In as much as Buhari has made up his mind to sell those assets,it's already sold because his Northern brothers you call senators can never go against what has been discussed and concluded in the mosques and sealed by the Imams.

At least,Dangote has already shown interest in aquiring LNG,other Northerners will buy the rest and the Islamisation of Nigeria continues.Our future will remain bleak because we lack the capacity to stand.We remain the cause of our misfortune because we're yet to discover who we are and who our enemies are as well.

well with more eyes opening up such plans would meet heated opposition...The Niger delta where these assets are located won't be made easy for the buyers...

We dey wait for them...
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Izonpikin: 2:32pm On Oct 02, 2016
drss:
d bold is exactly my position. niger deltans should resist any attempt by buari to sell oyel assets located in their region.
it's time for our governors ,senators and all chiefs and rulers in the Niger delta to resist this madness...

Instead of a restructuring the FG is hell bent on selling assets to its cronies...

We dey wait them...

1 Like

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by demarc001: 2:36pm On Oct 02, 2016
Just look at it! No single asset in the North to sell
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
they finally want to sell the soul of this country. they wana sqander the investments of many years ago, investments they didnt sweat for they now want to sell it gbanjo. God wont allow them. so this is what APC had in mind all along behind the deceitful change mantra.
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by modath(f): 2:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
Mynd44:

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

Na gbanjo dem go auction dem, no one wants dem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by wink2015(m): 2:38pm On Oct 02, 2016
[size=14pt]Selling the socalled National Assets will not change the lives of the common man in the street. So long as our leaders remain dishonest and corrupt.

It will only make people like Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga, Folorunsho Alakija etc super richer at the expense of the suffering Nigerian masses.

What happened to NITEL and PHCN that was sold by Obasanjo government? Did n't the like of Obasanjo pocket the proceeds from NITEL Sales.

Our leaders are not truthful to the masses they govern. They live separate lives far away from the masses they choose to represent!

They keep telling us to make sacrifices upon sacrifices while they themselves, their wives, children, family members, friends and other cronies live big and prosperous lives.[/size]

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by watered(m): 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2016
Baba should include National Assembly Complex, Presidential Villa and Louis Edet House.

Sick government
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Pennywise(m): 2:46pm On Oct 02, 2016
We hope the FG is serious and sees through on its plan to sell off these vestiges of corruption and long term wastes of resources. The sooner it is done the better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2016
Are there no economically viable government investments in the core north worthy of sale?

Says so much about them.

1 Like

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Proudmuslim(m): 2:51pm On Oct 02, 2016
Do we need to sale our country assets before getting out of recession? If yes then SALE THEM!!! SALE THEM!!

1 Like

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by iukpe: 2:52pm On Oct 02, 2016
What was the purpose of this independence 56 years ago? I think we would have been better off dependent for the last 56years. At least we would have had basic facilities and infrastructure in the country. The country would have been better developed and our NIGERIAN POUND would have been the highest currency in Africa.
They should sell ASO ROCK. What good will it do? what will they use the money for? I hope they are selling to foreign investors not our looters who have no idea what to do for our country.
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by iukpe: 2:54pm On Oct 02, 2016
trolley:
Are there no economically viable government investments in the core north worthy of sale?

Says so much about them.

You don see am now. Now they want to sell the goose that can no longer lay golden eggs.
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
PDP political party was a failure...after more than 16years the country is being sold to buy food for Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2016
iukpe:

You don see am now. Now they want to sell the goose that can no longer lay golden eggs.

Dah, this beginning attempt at fascism must be countered by any means necessary.

The pertinent question is "Who will the government quota be sold to?" That's the question and answer.
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by vengertime: 3:00pm On Oct 02, 2016
Mynd44:
and how do you want to sale that?
Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by Bosc(m): 3:01pm On Oct 02, 2016
I'll be interested in buying board of internal revenue just incase they are ready to sell.

1 Like

Re: Recession: 10 National Assets FG May Sell- Premium Times by omakay(m): 3:03pm On Oct 02, 2016
1, I do not have a problem with whatever federal asset that wants to be sold. My main cause of concern is the SALES PROCEED. It must not be looted by the same/different politicians that put the country in its present economic state.
2, If the federal government still stubbornly decides to sell off these assets, they should not touch any asset located in the Niger Delta Area. If/When they are able to give us a honest and detailed expenditure map of how the sale proceeds will be spent, only then will we give them our support.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Monica Ambrose For Nigerian President In 2019 (Photos) / David Mark Takes A Clear Lead In Benue South District / Effects Of Brexit Results On The African Largest Economies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.