Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,417 members, 7,800,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? (7991 Views)

Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River / Has Any Nigerian Done The Ancestral DNA? / Masquerade At Burial Of Traditional Ruler. Nnewi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by Baaballiyo(m): 12:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
DanZubair:

Gobir hausas were not expelled by the tuaregs during their stay at bagazam. Tuaregs met them there and requested the territory from them whenever they were leaving, ((as their migratory behaviour of overall packing.)) Tuaregs tried fighting them but they over powered them and continue with their journey.

The quote in brackets shows that Gobirawa are not originally Hausa because Hausa people are settlers not Migrators (nomadic) by nature.
Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by DanZubair(m): 4:00pm On Oct 27, 2016
Baaballiyo:

The quote in brackets shows that Gobirawa are not originally Hausa because Hausa people are settlers not Migrators (nomadic) by nature.
I am not a historian but i know a little of our history, which you people are tirelessly trying by all means to cover..Danfodio cost us that by razing our history library but almighty God will judge him on the day of judgement.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by DanZubair(m): 4:51pm On Oct 27, 2016
Baaballiyo:

1. Dan fodios forefathers were already established in that area before the Gobirawa came down from aire.

2. During that era, u don't asked for territory you fight for it, so its funny if you believe such impossible tale.

3. Most Hausa of that era don't like Gobirawa because they see them as imposters, and while the true Hausa people love peace the Gobirawa of that time Love to fight. That is why the Hausa folks readily sided with the Fulani when Shehu dan Fodio started his struggles.

3. I don't know when or how the Gobirawa became the purest Hausa people to start with they don't even speak pure Hausa Language.

Gobirawas were the founders of that dala your boasting of and up till today gobirawas are occuping the area and other local governments in kano.

Danfodios forefathers were given settlement in hausa land by the gobirawas of that time according to history, when they were on run.

Gobirawas fighting is by emergency they love peace but being manly choses to defend themselves when needed. Even katsinawas have had opportunity of fighting us but we later showed them our other part by dividing them into Maradi after katsina.

Danfodio who terrorises the hausa race with his haraji haram, brainwashed, fought them and dethroned their kings and installed his brothers. The hausa kingdoms that gave deaf ear to Yunfas message later regreted it before europeans came and supported them to continue with their hypocritic leadership.

Our hausa dialet which is the lingua franca in Niger Rep. speaks best of my claim. Gobiranci/arewanci is the hausa dialet spoken in sokoto, kebbi and other parts of zamfara. One cant just call us none hausas out of hate. How can one take advantage of ruling hausas and be inventing tales to us and even went far of labeling us none hausas.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 27, 2016
DanZubair:

They migrated from misra in search of their brothers who left them. The ranawas kanawas.....Gobirawas were the founders of that dala your boasting and up till today gobirawas

Danfodios forefathers were given settlement in hausa land by the gobirawas of that time according to history, when they were

Gobirawas fighting is by emergency they love peace but being manly choses to defend themselves when needed. Even katsinawas have had opportunity of fighting us but we later showed them our other part by dividing them into Maradi after katsina.

Danfodio who terrorises the hausa race with his haraji haram, brainwashed, fought them and dethroned their kings and installed his brothers. They later regreted it before europians came and supported them to continue with their hypocritic leadership.

Our hausa dialet which is the lingua franca in Niger Rep. speaks best of my claim. Gobiranci/arewanci is the hausa dialet spoken in sokoto, kebbi and other parts of zamfara. One cant just call us none hausas out of hate. How can one take advantage of ruling hausas and be inventing tales to us and even went far of labeling us none hausas.

Good golly, dala was founded by kanawas. Gobirawas speaking the oldest vernacular doesn't make them the originals, just that their language didn't evolve. If the majority of verified hausas don't speak that dialect does that make them none hausas? Even in the days before Dan fodio I don't think gobirawas were ever considered true hausas. I don't know where you're getting your tales from. No group of people uproot their civilization and migrate simply because their brothers left them. I never knew gobirawas held this sentiment against fulas though but it is to be expected. Guess the north isn't as United as I thought.
Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by GorkoSusaay: 1:45am On Oct 28, 2016
DanZubair:
I am not a historian by profession but i know a little of our history, which you people are tirelessly trying by all means to cover..Danfodio cost us that but almighty God will judge him on the day of judgement.

Did Dan Fodio care about who is the original Hausa? I don't think he did
Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by DanZubair(m): 9:05pm On Oct 28, 2016
GorkoSusaay:

Did Dan Fodio care about who is the original Hausa? I don't think he did
Danfodio fought for leadership which he started from gobir, when our forefathers gave him authority to preach but he went ahead and be preaching against them with his HARAJI HARAM just like the present BOKO HARAM invented by his descendants, torankawa of sokoto.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by DanZubair(m): 9:28pm On Oct 28, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Good golly, dala was founded by kanawas. Gobirawas speaking the oldest vernacular doesn't make them the originals, just that their language didn't evolve. If the majority of verified hausas don't speak that dialect does that make them none hausas? Even in the days before Dan fodio I don't think gobirawas were ever considered true hausas. I don't know where you're getting your tales from. No group of people uproot their civilization and migrate simply because their brothers left them. I never knew gobirawas held this sentiment against fulas though but it is to be expected. Guess the north isn't as United as I thought.
Dala was founded by gobirawas, theyre the inhabitants of the area and till today they regard themselves as gobirawas not kanawas. Before the term HAUSA came into existence, YAREN GOBIR i.e LANGUAGE OF GOBIR is the term people used to refer to hausa language.
Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by Nobody: 1:28am On Oct 29, 2016
DanZubair:
Dala was founded by gobirawas, theyre the inhabitants of the area and till today they regard themselves as gobirawas not kanawas. Before the term HAUSA came into existence, YAREN GOBIR i.e LANGUAGE OF GOBIR is the term people used to refer to hausa language.

I don't think we're talking about the same place mate. I'm talking about dala in kano. Gotten from dala hill and I am not aware of any gobirawas there. I don't know where you're getting your tall tales from. And the term yaren gobir, that's another bold statement I have never heard anywhere before. But when did gobir even come into existence? Kuma ai na sha gobirawa suna da yaren su daban.
Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by DanZubair(m): 8:43am On Oct 29, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

I don't think we're talking about the same place mate. I'm talking about dala in kano. Gotten from dala hill and I am not aware of any gobirawas there. I don't know where you're getting your tall tales from. And the term yaren gobir, that's another bold statement I have never heard anywhere before. But when did gobir even come into existence? Kuma ai na sha gobirawa suna da yaren su daban.
I asked one bakane who clarified that sometimes ago and the fact that we have relatives there who are gobirawas. We dont have any language order than hausa, only that we speak the refined and hardest hausa which gave birth to kananci, katsinanci...... History of hausa land written in hausa, the YAREN GOBIR is mentioned on ibrahim shames article at end. http://taurari..com.ng/2009/11/tarihin-kasar-hausa.html?m=1
Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by Baaballiyo(m): 9:06pm On Oct 30, 2016
DanZubair:

They migrated from misra in search of their brothers who left them according to nuhou salihou of gobir.org. The ranawas, kanawas..... i think because i am not quitely sure who the brothers were....Gobirawas were the founders of that dala your boasting of and up till today gobirawas are occuping the area and other local governments in kano.

Danfodios forefathers were given settlement in hausa land by the gobirawas of that time according to history, when they were on run.

Danfodio who terrorises the hausa race with his haraji haram, brainwashed, fought them and dethroned their kings and installed his brothers. The hausa kingdoms that gave deaf ear to Yunfas message later regreted it before europeans came and supported them to continue with their hypocritic leadership.

LOL, be rest assured I donot hate any tribe in this world talkless of Gobirawa, whom I share something in common with, just because my forefathers fought yours that will not make me continue to fight people who have never offended me, but I am a lover of History and I can't standby and look on while wrong historical accounts are being dished out. Let me argue alittle about some of what you claimed above.

1. Gobirawa were mostly on the offensive not defensive during that era, they harass most of their neighbours not the other way round.

2. No one said you are now none Hausas, but originally you were not, and you admitted that Gobirawa arrived later searching for their lost brothers, so if that account is true then it proves they arrived after the Hausa language and culture has already been developed and established by their assumed brother's hence they just adopted it and modify it typical of second language speakers.

3. The "Gayyas, Dalas and Ranaus" of Kano were originally Ethiopians before they came down here and develop Hausa language and culture, they were not Egyptians (Misrans).

4. Its hysterical to say Gobirawa were the founders of Dala, tell that to the Kutumbawa (The direct descendant of the Maguzza) and you will see their rage. Without meaning to offend you, in Kano who ever claims decent from Gobirawa is a decendants of slaves that were mostly brought into Kano after the fall of Gobir.
Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by Baaballiyo(m): 9:10pm On Oct 30, 2016
DanZubair:
I am not a historian but i know a little of our history, which you people are tirelessly trying by all means to cover..Danfodio cost us that by razing our history library but almighty God will judge him on the day of judgement.

We all shall be judge accordingly.
Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by Nobody: 4:29am On Oct 31, 2016
DanZubair:
I asked one bakane who clarified that sometimes ago and the fact that we have relatives there who are gobirawas. We dont have any language order than hausa, only that we speak the refined and hardest hausa which gave birth to kananci, katsinanci...... History of hausa land written in hausa, the YAREN GOBIR is mentioned on ibrahim shames article at end. http://taurari..com.ng/2009/11/tarihin-kasar-hausa.html?m=1

If you have relatives in kano they nust have been settlers or arrived through some other medium. If they were your lost brothers how are you sure theyre your relatives and how did you even keep in touch with them? Mind you gobir was bullying other hausa states during that era. And on ibrahim shames, how am i sure shi ma ba wani bagobirin bane? In which case i'll assume hes being subjective.
Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by DanZubair(m): 12:44pm On Oct 31, 2016
Baaballiyo:

LOL, be rest assured I donot hate any tribe in this world talkless of Gobirawa, whom I share something in common with, just because my forefathers fought yours that will not make me continue to fight people who have never offended me, but I am a lover of History and I can't standby and look on while wrong historical accounts are being dished out. Let me argue alittle about some of what you claimed above.

1. Gobirawa were mostly on the offensive not defensive during that era, they harass most of their neighbours not the other way round.

2. No one said you are now none Hausas, but originally you were not, and you admitted that Gobirawa arrived later searching for their lost brothers, so if that account is true then it proves they arrived after the Hausa language and culture has already been developed and established by their assumed brother's hence they just adopted it and modify it typical of second language speakers.

3. The "Gayyas, Dalas and Ranaus" of Kano were originally Ethiopians before they came down here and develop Hausa language and culture, they were not Egyptians (Misrans).

4. Its hysterical to say Gobirawa were the founders of Dala, tell that to the Kutumbawa (The direct descendant of the Maguzza) and you will see their rage. Without meaning to offend you, in Kano who ever claims decent from Gobirawa is a decendants of slaves that were mostly brought into Kano after the fall of Gobir.

Like i said i am not a historian, i only learnt from the ones i found on the internet, those broadcasted on tvs at Niger Republic during a visit and through questioning. I was raised and did my primaries and secondaries in Eastern Nigeria but born at North.

There are some gobirawas that have intermarried with fulanis at Nigeria and Niger Republic most especially sokoto where your brothers, toradbe fulanis (torankawas) can't deny sharing relation with gobir hausas. Danfodio married Inna garka who is gobir hausa, mother to the late proficient sultan of sokoto, Sultan Muhammadu Bello. But alas, what the danfodios descendants, torankawas of fulanis are more good at doing is concoting lies and falsifications on the prominent gobirawas, degrading and slaying our patroitic leaders in Gobir/Sokoto East. Torankawa historians should stop concoting lies and falsifications on us because its not allowed in islam.

Gobirawas made fulanis what they are today, but they in return have not done anything credible to favour us, only doing the opposite. Not even a state in Nigeria which they have since decades been denying us because theyre in power. But thank God that we have a recognised state in Niger Rep. by name Tahoua, i dont know the amount of mocks we would have recieved if not for Tahoua state in Niger Republic.

The brothers Nuhou Salihou is pointing at may not be the other hausa tribes. Egypt, eritrea, ethiopia, sudan, yemen are ancient settlements of gobirawas according to our history and theyre evidences found in there. All hausas are gobirawas by name and consolidated in one group (Gungu) at present Niger Rep. before the family heads as a result of desert encroachment dispersed to other regions theyre now and gave name to their group names like kanawas, ranawas, zamfarawas, kabawas, katsinawas, zazzagawas, hadejawas, daurawas, arawas.......Gobirawas are subdivided into family groups e.g konnawas, tudawas, sangerawas, hammadawas, adawas and gobirawas of tsibirin gobir and sabon birni who are the ruling class of gobirawas and refer to themselves as mere gobirawas. This is how other hausa tribes names were gotten.

There is nothing one can do to server the bond of relation between us and our blood brothers and other tribes we mentained cordial relationship with. All hausa tribes according to hausa culture regard gobirawas their cousins, there is a traditional joke (tabbashintaka) thay binds them together till date in hausa land. And that joke is also practised among other gobir subgroups.

Dala is an area in kano not talking of the kano city itself and gobirawas have inhabited there with their brothers ever before danfodio was gotten so there is no room for disdain of calling us slaves in our land. Maikano and dankano is gobir hausa names given to only gobirawas childern born or raised in kano city.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by DanZubair(m): 12:56pm On Oct 31, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

If you have relatives in kano they nust have been settlers or arrived through some other medium. If they were your lost brothers how are you sure theyre your relatives and how did you even keep in touch with them? Mind you gobir was bullying other hausa states during that era. And on ibrahim shames, how am i sure shi ma ba wani bagobirin bane? In which case i'll assume hes being subjective.
Ni ma ban sani ba if he is, amman our relatives leaving in kano were there as a result of homage to their brothers and they used to visit us at Sabon birnin gobir and Niger Republic and we too pays them. As there origin and their backbone do you think we should watch while they fight among themselves. we do anything to keep them as brothers before danfodio came and fought us.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by GorkoSusaay: 2:43pm On Oct 31, 2016
DanZubair:
Like i said i am not a historian, i only learnt from the ones i found on the internet, those broadcasted on tvs at Niger Republic during a visit and through questioning. I was raised and did my primaries and secondaries in Eastern Nigeria but born at North.

There are some gobirawas that have intermarried with fulanis at Nigeria and Niger Republic most especially sokoto where your brothers, toradbe fulanis (torankawas) can't deny sharing relation with gobir hausas. Danfodio married Inna garka who is gobir hausa, mother to the late proficient sultan of sokoto, Sultan Muhammadu Bello. But alas, what the danfodios descendants, torankawas of fulanis are more good at doing is concoting lies and falsifications on the prominent gobirawas, degrading and slaying our patroitic leaders in Gobir/Sokoto East. Torankawa historians should stop concoting lies and falsifications on us because its not allowed in islam.

Gobirawas made fulanis what they are today, but they in return have not done anything credible to favour us, only doing the opposite. Not even a state in Nigeria which they have since decades been denying us because theyre in power. But thank God that we have a recognised state in Niger Rep. by name Tahoua, i dont know the amount of mocks we would have recieved if not for Tahoua state in Niger Republic.

The brothers Nuhou Salihou is pointing at may not be the other hausa tribes. Egypt, eritrea, ethiopia, sudan, yemen are ancient settlements of gobirawas according to our history and theyre evidences found in there. All hausas are gobirawas by name and consolidated in one group (Gungu) at present Niger Rep. before the family heads as a result of desert encroachment dispersed to other regions theyre now and gave name to their group names like kanawas, ranawas, zamfarawas, kabawas, katsinawas, zazzagawas, hadejawas, daurawas, arawas.......Gobirawas are subdivided into family groups e.g konnawas, tudawas, sangerawas, hammadawas, adawas and gobirawas of tsibirin gobir and sabon birni who are the ruling class of gobirawas and refer to themselves as mere gobirawas. This is how other hausa tribes names were gotten.

There is nothing one can do to server the bond of relation between us and our blood brothers and other tribes we mentained cordial relationship with. All hausa tribes according to hausa culture regard gobirawas their cousins, there is a traditional joke (tabbashintaka) thay binds them together till date in hausa land. And that joke is also practised among other gobir subgroups.

Dala is an area in kano not talking of the kano city itself and gobirawas have inhabited there with their brothers ever before danfodio was gotten so there is no room for disdain of calling us slaves in our land. Maikano and dankano is gobir hausa names given to only gobirawas childern born or raised in kano city.

Dan Zubair, I don't think the Toronkawa changed Gobirawa history or anything such. What happened is very simple. Gobir was defeated, the dynasty scattered, and its history was seemingly lost. There is no attempt to deny, erase, or obliterate Gobirawa history. Actually, if you read the works by Boyd and Mack on Sokoto history, you will know that Gobirawa sources were used to confirm or highlight some traditions pertaining to Sokoto. Waziri Junaidu of Sokoto (1903-1997) was very well-versed in oral traditions and many histories were confirmed by custodians of oral history from Tibiri in Niger.

Now about Inna Garka (Hauwa), the third wife of Shehu Usman dan Fodio. You are very wrong to say that she is a Gobirawa Hausa. She was the daughter of a Fulani Mallam, although she might have had Hausa ancestry. What is known is that many of the wives/concubines of the leaders of the second generation were Gobirawa. For example, Sultan Aliyu Babba's mother was Ladi, a Gobirawa princess.

I do think that Gobirawa, Kanawa, Zazzagawa are all part of the same culture. Which was the originator of the other, it is very hard to say. But Gobir, Kano and Zaria are all considered as Hausa Bakwai and that should be enough to put them in the same equal footing. Whether Gobirawa believes that they are superior to other Hausa groups is not surprising actually. But it is not true.
Gobir was among the most powerful Hausa sarautar in the 18th century. Hadejia, Daura were under the influence of Borno while Gobir was always resisting Bornou's encroachment. Besides, Gobir had some influence on Kebbi and Katsina during the rule of Sarkin Bawa Jan Gwarzo. So, this 'superiority complex' might come from that.

And I don't think that reading the Internet is a good way for knowing Gobir history. After all, Abraham Lincoln warns us not to believe anything we read on the Internet grin. Any fool with an agenda and a keyboard can spew anything he wants and have us believe it is gospel.

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 31, 2016
GorkoSusaay:

Dan Zubair, I don't think the Toronkawa changed Gobirawa history or anything such. What happened is very simple. Gobir was defeated, the dynasty scattered, and its history was seemingly lost. There is no attempt to deny, erase, or obliterate Gobirawa history. Actually, if you read the works by Boyd and Mack on Sokoto history, you will know that Gobirawa sources were used to confirm or highlight some traditions pertaining to Sokoto. Waziri Junaidu of Sokoto (1903-1997) was very well-versed in oral traditions and many histories were confirmed by custodians of oral history from Tibiri in Niger.

Now about Inna Garka (Hauwa), the third wife of Shehu Usman dan Fodio. You are very wrong to say that she is a Gobirawa Hausa. She was the daughter of a Fulani Mallam, although she might have had Hausa ancestry. What is known is that many of the wives/concubines of the leaders of the second generation were Gobirawa. For example, Sultan Aliyu Babba's mother was Ladi, a Gobirawa princess.

I do think that Gobirawa, Kanawa, Zazzagawa are all part of the same culture. Which was the originator of the other, it is very hard to say. But Gobir, Kano and Zaria are all considered as Hausa Bakwai and that should be enough to put them in the same equal footing. Whether Gobirawa believes that they are superior to other Hausa groups is not surprising actually. But it is not true.
Gobir was among the most powerful Hausa sarautar in the 18th century. Hadejia, Daura were under the influence of Borno while Gobir was always resisting Bornou's encroachment. Besides, Gobir had some influence on Kebbi and Katsina during the rule of Sarkin Bawa Jan Gwarzo. So, this 'superiority complex' might come from that.

And I don't think that reading the Internet is a good way for knowing Gobir history. After all, Abraham Lincoln warns us not to believe anything we read on the Internet grin. Any fool with an agenda and a keyboard can spew anything he wants and have us believe it is gospel.

Abraham lincoln?
Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by GorkoSusaay: 9:41pm On Oct 31, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Abraham lincoln?

I was being sarcastic. We should be wary of the Internet
Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by Baaballiyo(m): 1:43pm On Nov 01, 2016
DanZubair:

@Bolded.
So Muhammad Bello is after all proficient; wonderful that coming from you.
I wonder how the Gobirawas made the Fulanis who they are; while apart from those fulani living in their domain no other fulani clan had any dealings with them.

I see you dont know that Kano is a name of person, Kano was named after him and Hadejiya was name after a couple named Hade and Jiya who were originaly Kanuri.

No one is trying to severe any bond here we are just trying to account for events gone by.
Finally Maikano is a name given to any person named Abdullahi, because of the late Emirs of Kano Abdullahi Bayero or Abdullahi Maje Karofi.

Lastly like my brother Gorkosusaay advised we should be wary of Internet materials.
Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by Baaballiyo(m): 1:50pm On Nov 01, 2016
DanZubair:
Ni ma ban sani ba if he is, amman our relatives leaving in kano were there as a result of homage to their brothers and they used to visit us at Sabon birnin gobir and Niger Republic and we too pays them. As there origin and their backbone do you think we should watch while they fight among themselves. we do anything to keep them as brothers before danfodio came and fought us.

Abin dariya; wai Yaro ya tsinci haqori. So you mean Gobirawa sun baro garinsu a Nijar a wancan Zamanin da ya shude domin su raba fada tsakanin yan"uwansu Hausawa ?
Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by DanZubair(m): 9:43pm On Nov 01, 2016
GorkoSusaay:

This is how past torankawa historians twisted all our history and heritage to favour themselves. Inna garka is bagobira of present isa l.g.a of sokoto state, she is not daughter of a fulani malam. Stop degrading hausa history, we dont mean any harm to you, fulanis. Give credit to who its due, her being bagobira wont stop your leadership.

Gobirawas are the origin of hausas, take it or leave it. I read it from Nuhou salihou's website when it was still funtioning. Even our enemy, torankawas knows that and can attest that we are the origin of hausas no matter the hate they have for us. The saying (Sakkwatawane tushen hausa) was gotten from us.

Sokoto east/ Gobir district is a district in sokoto state with eight local governments; wurno, sabon birnin gobir, isa, illela, gwadabawa, goronyo, rabah where gobirawas are the majority and your here saying that gobirawas were scattered or our history seemingly lost. Our historians at tsibirin gobir have our history, its not lost as your wishing.

Kanuris are among the tribes that our gobir forefathers maintained cordial relationship with. According to sultan bala marafa, the present sultan of tsibirin gobir, our forefathers married off a princess of azbin kingdom to the kanuris royals, when they had contact with them before they shifted to lake chad. Nuhou salihou posted a post in his website, which stated that gobirawas are those that islamised kanuris/barebaris along side zabarmawas/zarmars according to one arabian historian.
Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by DanZubair(m): 9:45pm On Nov 01, 2016
Baaballiyo:

Abin dariya; wai Yaro ya tsinci haqori. So you mean Gobirawa sun baro garinsu a Nijar a wancan Zamanin da ya shude domin su raba fada tsakanin yan"uwansu Hausawa ?
Baku isa ku raba hanta da jini ba duk tsiyar ku. Gobirawane tushen hausa take it or leave it.
Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by DanZubair(m): 9:56pm On Nov 01, 2016
Baaballiyo:

@Bolded.
I wonder how the Gobirawas made the Fulanis who they are; while apart from those fulani living in their domain no other fulani clan had any dealings with them.

I see you dont know that Kano is a name of person, Kano was named after him and Hadejiya was name after a couple named Hade and Jiya who were originaly Kanuri.

No one is trying to severe any bond here we are just trying to account for events gone by.
Finally Maikano is a name given to any person named Abdullahi, because of the late Emirs of Kano Abdullahi Bayero or Abdullahi Maje Karofi.

Lastly like my brother Gorkosusaay advised we should be wary of Internet materials.
Our historians at tsibirin gobir have the authentic history of your forefather danfodio, his stay with gobirawas at alkalawa, how he was favoured before he grows wing and started bitting them not what you posted on internet about him. Gobirawas regard fulanis as terrorists because of what danfodio did to them and how his decendants are terrorising their farms. Some of our family members have; my step brother of wurno sokoto, who we shared same mother has fulani descent in him and our only sister who is marrying gobir mixed fulani
Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2016
Baaballiyo:

@Bolded.

I find it especially funny that he admits hes not a historian but somehow relies on botched subjective internet material and swears by it. I dont understand how a person can still be butthurt about something that happened over a hundred years ago and no one even cares about. And about the maikano part, the only maikano i know is a fulani man so i dont understand where this radical gets his sources from.

I realised its best to leave him to his interpretation of history.
Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 01, 2016
DanZubair:
Baku isa ku raba hanta da jini ba duk tsiyar ku. Gobirawane tushen hausa take it or leave it.

Lol! And how are they trying to separate anything? Gobir is one of the original hausa states, if any state is our origin then based on legend it should be daura and they still have the kusugu well to prove it. Youre the one whos trying by all means to establish some sort of superiority over hausas which quite frankly is laughable yet understandable. Every ethnicity or hausa state is always trying to do the same and they all have some sort of legend to prove it. Somehow i still cant fathom how you can think the youngest hausa state is the progenitor of all others.

And again if they came looking for their brothers, it still doesnt make them progenitors, just related. You need to take a second look at your sources and stop talking like a dolt. I dont understand how you can live in the east and claim to understand hausa history better than everyone based on partial material you read on the internet.
Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by DanZubair(m): 11:02pm On Nov 01, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

Lol! And how are they trying to separate anything? Gobir is one of the original hausa states, if any state is our origin then based on legend it should be daura and they still have the kusugu well to prove it. Youre the one whos trying by all means to establish some sort of superiority over hausas which quite frankly is laughable yet understandable. Every ethnicity or hausa state is always trying to do the same and they all have some sort of legend to prove it. Somehow i still cant fathom how you can think of of the youngest hausa states is the progenitor of all others.

And again if they came looking for their brothers, it still doesnt make them progenitors, just related. You need to take a second look at your sources and stop talking like a dolt. I dont understand how you can live in the east and claim to understand hausa history better than everyone based on partial material you read on the internet.
Ask sokoto historians how they got sakkwatane tushen hausa and they will give you more detail on it. Living in the east cannot stop me from making research on my history.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 01, 2016
DanZubair:
Ask sokoto historians how they got sakkwatane tushen hausa and they will give you more detail on it. Living in the east cannot stop me from making research on my history.

do you see why you're clueless? a certified piece of history is one that must be found and accepted by all. though i dont believe it, elements of the bayajidda myth is found all over hausa land, including land marks to prove it. living in the cant cant stop you but it limits your resources and i see it does hinder ones reasoning.
Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by Baaballiyo(m): 12:37am On Nov 02, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

I find it especially funny that he admits hes not a historian but somehow relies on botched subjective internet material and swears by it. I dont understand how a person can still be butthurt about something that happened over a hundred years ago and no one even cares about. And about the maikano part, the only maikano i know is a fulani man so i dont understand where this radical gets his sources from.

Gaskiya kam, its best to let him be. He seems confused
Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by DanZubair(m): 7:13am On Nov 02, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

do you see why you're clueless? a certified piece of history is one that must be found and accepted by all. though i dont believe it, elements of the bayajidda myth is found all over hausa land, including land marks to prove it. living in the cant cant stop you but it limits your resources and i see it does hinder ones reasoning.
Bayajidda is not our progenitor. its tale to call him our progenitor. His account in daura and the kusugu well can be believed but he didnt gave birth to hausa tribes not even the daurawas who he met nor the oldest gobirawas the true origin of hausas.
Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by iamodenigbo1(m): 10:35pm On Nov 04, 2016
following
Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by DanZubair(m): 11:25pm On Nov 06, 2016
VomeSchakleton:

An aunt to my step brother at wurno sokoto calls me Maikano, being that i bear the name of her father Abdullahi, so i am not against you on this.
Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by want2knowben: 2:48pm On Aug 24, 2018
Baaballiyo:

Kano is the ancestral home of all Hausa people, according to some written and oral sources the original proginators of Hausa people were among the offspring of Prophet Suleiman ( Solomon) and Bilkisu (Queen of Sheeba) through their son Emperor Menelik 1 of Ethiopia. The original proginators who were members of the Ethiopian royal family called " Maguzza" (hence the term Maguzawa) moved down west from Ethiopia during the reign of Emperor Walde Makonin 1, with their family members, they were

1. Dala, his wife Jakara and their four sons Gagiwa, Gunzago, Buzame, and Nisau.

2. Gayya, his wife Batta and his two sons Haruna and Lemo and a daughter called Aba-giya.

3. Ranau, his wife Bakwasa, his son Shike and daughter Cakwaya.

These families were believed to have travelled all the way from ethiopia untill they reached the eastern corner of the present day Kano state were Gayya and his family settled there and today the area is called "Gaya" presently it is a local government area with a second class Emir titled " Sarkin Gaya".

After Gayya settled, Dala and Ranau kept their westward movement until they reached present day Kano city were Dala decided to settled with his family on one of the two hills in that area the hill he settled on is now called "Dutsen Dala" ( Dala Hill) and this site (hill) is presently a tourist site within the walled city of Kano.

After Dala settled, Ranau decided to keep moving southward from were Dala settled untill he reached an area with many hills and settled there, that area is now called "Rano" its also a local government area with a second class Emir titled"Sarkin Rano". It is believed all Hausas are from this three families, their offsprings spread to different locations of present day Hausaland.

Interesting bit of history. This would make them descendants of Israelites, most of whom now practice a religion that calls for for the hatred/killing of (Jews)Israelites.
Re: Where Is The Ancestral Home Of All Hausas And Who Is The Ruler..? by Baaballiyo(m): 12:50pm On Nov 24, 2018
want2knowben:

Interesting bit of history. This would make them descendants of Israelites, most of whom now practice a religion that calls for for the hatred/killing of (Jews)Israelites.

Yes it does make them and that would/did not make them deny their Origin or history. Besides, the religion they practice today do no such call you claimed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nubian Goddess / Random Acts Of Kindness (Africa) / Africans Abroad,a New Definition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.