Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,459 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." (71690 Views)

"Buhari In 2019 Or We Set The Zoo Ablaze!!!" - Dauda Umar Potiskum / Peter Obi Spotted On A Train In The UK By A Shocked Nigerian (Photos) / Ex-Gov. Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by arresa: 12:43pm On Oct 03, 2016
revolt:
Cos though GEJ wasn't a good president , he was miles/ decades better than this old unbrilliant stubborn mallam that has plunged us into recession and is borrowing to pay salaries.

He was better right. Thank God Nigerians saw a crooked, corrupt and incompetent stealing is not corruption looter who kept our Treasury opened for his looting gang to loot and share and promptly kicked him out of office..

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by arresa: 12:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
[s]
adconline:

And you haven't shown anything that Anambra state got bailed.. And Peter Obi talked about his state not SE.
False equivalence!! Time to read up.

[/s]

And you haven't shown us that he was not part of the same looting and stealing gang he was blabbing about.

Where was his advice back then.?

Obingo borrowed money just like the bailed out states.

Debt is debt regardless the source.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by arresa: 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2016
[s]
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Nigeria has always borrowed to balance deficits in budgets, it's not new.
Your Buhari even in low crude prices still awarded 150m for wiring his drivers house and ended up borrowing as well.
Like I said, the salary part about GEJ was only for April.
May salaries and subsequent ones came from the budget directly.

It's good you shifted your attention from Peter Obi. Jusy nudge your thieving people to up their games and stop making your workers paupers in their state. Peter always talked about this subject, right from when they were impeaching him cos he gotta give people reasons for his impeachment . For this particular programme, he was invited and given a topic to discuss.
He had to use his personal experience to tell people it's possible.
Maybe Buhari can learn from that and stop wasting our scarce forex on irrelevant travels, he and his numerous contigents
[/s]

Very shallow and unintelligent ramblings..

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by arresa: 12:54pm On Oct 03, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

The 10b stuff was incured by Obiano for capital projects.
This threadis about Obi.

And shove that stupid link till you prove the exact amount Obiano pays. Aregbe that paid half salaries fpr almost one year? Hide your head in shame

Obi left obingo N75 billion and obingo still borrowed N10 billion for capital projects. That's N85 billion on top of state allocations and taxes....lmao. cheesy

So, what are the projects he spent N85 billion on? Ugu and the same gather bridge you people litter the internet with.

Smh... grin

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by PaulIdu: 1:08pm On Oct 03, 2016
arresa:

Funny how all these rejected, useless, corrupt and incompetent losers developed half backed common sense now, but had non and developed zero common sense when they were part of the same crooked and corrupt system and bad management responsible for our problems today....

Where was he when his friend jona was borrowing hundreds of billions to pay workers salary and to loot and share?

Where was he when jona was was borrowing money for projects they later abandoned all over the country?

You really can not take these clowns seriously..

Put your job aside and tell me how you rate Buhari thus far?

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by arresa: 1:20pm On Oct 03, 2016
PaulIdu:

Put your job aside and tell me how you Buhari thus far?
grin

Learn how to read, comprehend and follow simple discussions.

This is about obi, start your own thread about PMB and I'll lecture you accordingly.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:29pm On Oct 03, 2016
arresa:

What a load of rubbish..

The useless and incompetent okonjo woman borrowed to pay salary and fund budgets till her last day in office and till the same month they handed over power in May 2015..

If she was so good a finance minister and economic coordinator, why was she borrowing hundreds of billions to pay salaries and to fund budgets?

If she was so good a finance minister, why did she introduce austerity measures back in 2014 when oil was selling for $80?

If she was so good a finance minister and economic coordinator, why was she borrowing hundreds of billions in 2012 and 2013 when oil was selling for $105 per barrel..?

If she was so good a finance minister and economic coordinator, why was she unable to save or rainy day or diversify our economy when in fact Nigerian earned the largest amount of revenue in history under her watch?

You really need to confine your ignorant rubbish to your ipob kind...

1)Why do you always poison every thread with so much venom and hatred that it stinks to read same or even becomes toxic for sane minds to participate in the discussion? And Seun's moderators allow this to go on daily unhindered.

2)How and where did you Prove InyinyaAgbaOku wrong in your link? Where's proof that Jonathan administration borrowed to pay salaries outside the said April ?

3)Why are you so bigoted? Plz enjoy yourself on tribal threads but allow other political threads for sane and decent discussion plzzz

Good day!!!

Cc Seun , Obinoscopy, Lalasticlala, Mynd44

16 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:36pm On Oct 03, 2016
Zonacom:
According to Obi, Anambra has the best road network in Nigeria. I can't say if i agree with this or not cos I've not travelled the whole of Nigeria. But isn't it shameful that commuters in this state with the best road network find it very hard to travel from Onitsha to Enugu on a road that is perhaps the most important in the state? Some will shout federal road, but obi couldn't do anything about that road by his virtue of being very close to the president for years. So shameful. Even Obi is not worth any trust

1) You're calling freegoobe to come join you celebrate and vomit your hatred on Peter Obi...

2)Why not show us condition of Anambra roads snd economy prior to his administration and after his administration...

3)Why not show us the states in SE if you haven't travelled round Nigeria whose road network compares to Anambra thanks to Obi ...

4)What about our civil service prior and after?

5) Education prior and after?

Hatred can ONLY hurt the vendor...

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:38pm On Oct 03, 2016
arresa:

Obi left obingo N75 billion and obingo still borrowed N10 billion for capital projects. That's N85 billion on top of state allocations and taxes....lmao. cheesy

So, what are the projects he spent N85 billion on? Ugu and the same gather bridge you people litter the internet with.

Smh... grin

Fine. At least, you have agreed Obi left money and that it was Obiano that borrowed.
You have also by this ranting conceeded to the fact that Obi did well.
That leaves us to what Obiano has used the money to do.
Now, locate any Anambra thread to view that and ask questions there. Look up the tgread title once again and discuss like a human. Even other Afonjas are not with you on this

12 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2016
For want of sth better to say?
Can you now swerve let's celebrate a gem.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by ba7man(m): 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2016
www.nairaland.com/2264670/how-peter-obi-collected-n27billion

He should first of all clear himself from this one before forming Mr Prudent.
Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by aarressa: 1:57pm On Oct 03, 2016
[s]
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Fine. At least, you have agreed Obi left money and that it was Obiano that borrowed.
You have also by this ranting conceeded to the fact that Obi did well.
That leaves us to what Obiano has used the money to do.
Now, locate any Anambra thread to view that and ask questions there. Look up the tgread title once again and discuss like a human. Even other Afonjas are not with you on this
[/s]

1. I did not agree that obi eft anything, I was referencing obi's and other people's claims in this thread to make a point.

2. Obingo denied receiving N75 billion from obi at handover so it's still unclear who is lying, but one of them is lying definitely.

3. If obi actually left N75 billion, then what is obingo doing accumulating N10 billion debt? What for. Makes no sense.

4. If you still insist that obi actually left N75 billion, that means obi's N75 billion plus obingo's N10 billion = N85 billion borrow borrow + Taxes + Allocations at obingo's disposal, so kindly show is what obingo did with N85 billion + Taxes, allocations and at least 2 year budgets of at least N100 billion each which = at least N300 billion conservatively.

5. About what obingo did with the money, that's for you his defenders to answer, not me.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by aarressa: 1:58pm On Oct 03, 2016
[s]
Whynotthetruth:

1) You're calling freegoobe to come join you celebrate and vomit your hatred on Peter Obi...

2)Why not show us condition of Anambra roads snd economy prior to his administration and after his administration...

3)Why not show us the states in SE if you haven't travelled round Nigeria whose road network compares to Anambra thanks to Obi ...

4)What about our civil service prior and after?

5) Education prior and after?

Hatred can ONLY hurt the vendor...
[/s]

Please keep quiet if you have nothing sane and rational to contribute beyond your meaningless rant..

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by ba7man(m): 2:03pm On Oct 03, 2016
I remember how this same Peter Obi milked the deported Anambra destitute's incident and used it to paint a "Yoruba hate Igbo" picture ( From the same tribal school of thought applied by PDP and GEJ) to further drive a wedge in the populace.

I'll take whatever he has to say on Govt saving but the South east should limit this guy to the Political game of their region.

He has no appeal outside the region.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by aarressa: 2:05pm On Oct 03, 2016
Peter Obi left only N9bn cash – Gov. Obiano

Against the claim by the former Governor of Anambra State, Mr Peter Obi, that he left N75 billion in the coffers of the state government for his successor, Chief Willie Obiano, the Anambra State Government, yesterday, came out to debunk it, saying that Obi left only N9billion cash.

Addressing newsmen yesterday at Government House, Awka, the Secretary to the State Government {SSG}, Prof. Solomon Chukulobelu, said that all other money from the N75 billion was tied to investment.

Obi, during the hand over to Obiano at Ekwueme Square Awka, about 18 months ago, had told the mammoth crowd that he left N75 billion for the new administration.

Since then, it has become a subject of controversy and speculation with social media awash with the claim that Governor Obiano may have spent the money and that his projects were being funded through the money.

But Chukwulobelu alongside top functionaries of Obiano said that apart from the remaining amount attached to different investments and projects, the former Governor left liability or debt of N185 billion, being debt owed contracting firms handling contracts he awarded which he did not complete before he handed over.

https://www.today.ng/politics/38235/peter-obi-left-only-n9bn-cash-gov-obiano

See game....

Somebody is lying.... grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:01pm On Oct 03, 2016
ba7man:
I remember how this same Peter Obi milked the deported Anambra destitute's incident and used it to paint a "Yoruba hate Igbo" picture ( From the same tribal school of thought applied by PDP and GEJ) to further drive a wedge in the populace.

I'll take whatever he has to say on Govt saving but the South east should limit this guy to the Political game of their region.

He has no appeal outside the region.

smh ...

1)But you support a man who said fight against boko Haram is fight against north?

2)You support someone who deported folks in same country but hate someone who cried against it?

Believe me, No matter what you say here, what will be will be because you aren't God...and you're against Peter Obi not because of the said speech but for some hidden hatred in you...Yes, because you are already supporting folks who did and said worse things than him .

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:09pm On Oct 03, 2016
ba7man:
www.nairaland.com/2264670/how-peter-obi-collected-n27billion

He should first of all clear himself from this one before forming Mr Prudent.

For want of evidence to taint him or support your hatred, you brought out this gabbage? gringringringrin

And when you felt it didn't do the magic, you went further to evoke fictitious Yoruba hate Igbo story cheesy gringrin

Ndo my broda gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 03, 2016
mikolo80:
[s]after you drive finish nko
Are they farming with tractor
Are they manufacturing all the country needs
Na road dem go chop[/s]

Afonja...Go to Nnewi and see manufacturing. Your fuel pump, water pump could very much been manufactured in Nnewi.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by Jefa4real: 4:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
mandarin:
If these are true then he must be very frugal. However am baffled, why did he support a rather wasteful Jonathan Goodluck that laid the foundation for the current recession?
I know he is a learned fellow, versed in financial matters, while on earth did he decide to support GEJ considering his wastefulness.
One thing I've come to learn about educated elites is their penchant to become honorary advisers when they leave government. I thought Okonjo Iweala would for instance come out to explain to Nigerians how she presided over an economy that received so much oil income that toward the end was already borrowing to finance salary of workers.
You see why Nigeria baffles me!!!
I don't intend to stand as defence for okonji, but we should not forget the clamour by the majority in the governors forum for the free for all 'party' with the sovereign wealth fund which was the savings our surplus earnings from crude oil ie. the excess crude account during Goodlucks tenure.
When she tried advocating the maintenance of these investment, many cried wolf claiming their rights inbthe federal character were being infringed, as a technocrat she bowed. This savings is similar to what Saudi Arabia did by investing in foreign bonds which they have now fallen back on following the oil glut.
It is only saddening that Jonathan was to weak to curtail the excesses of some of his men like Dasuki and Alison, or rather should I say he was an accomplice.
If only evidence based policies and decisions had their way in Nigeria, then would have people like okonji made significant footprints in governance.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by ifeomaekol(f): 4:17pm On Oct 03, 2016
Youths of nigeria should join politics----for our own good--lets start now.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by LorDBolton(m): 4:17pm On Oct 03, 2016
tuniski:

Nothing is wrong with borrowing but the use to which funds are put! America is the most indebted nation in the world and the most advanced! The propaganda about our income under GeJ and waste is lame!

They were borrowing to fund recurrent expenditure (salaries). Aka consumption

Isn't that what obi is criticising
Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by omoyowa: 4:23pm On Oct 03, 2016
arresa:

Funny how all these rejected, useless, corrupt and incompetent losers developed half backed common sense now, but had non and developed zero common sense when they were part of the same crooked and corrupt system and bad management responsible for our problems today....

Where was he when his friend jona was borrowing hundreds of billions to pay workers salary and to loot and share?

Where was he when jona was was borrowing money for projects they later abandoned all over the country?

You really can not take these clowns seriously..

keep shut....GO back to d other thread and answer d question I asked you.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by LorDBolton(m): 4:23pm On Oct 03, 2016
Just watch as they will ignore the message and turn it to pdp v apc gej v pmb.

Sadly we the youths are just plain predictable.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by Realdeals(m): 4:24pm On Oct 03, 2016
Soreza:
GIVE IGBO MAN ECONOMY SO HE CAN DO WHAT THEY ARE NATURALLY BORN TO DO,HAUSA SAY NO NA A CATTLE REARER KNOWS THE BEST, WORST THAN RECESSION IS COMING 4 U.

Peter Obi is not a typical Igboman, he will not spend lavishly in parties and be throwing bundle of currency around like most Ibo's do. I'm still wondering why he choose to support the wasteful GEJ
Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
On point!
Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by goshen26: 4:26pm On Oct 03, 2016
If not that I don't wanna abuse my ibo brothers, I would av said that this is the first ibo man that has ..se, ibos are known for spending lavishly wen then they see money
Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by sekundosekundo: 4:27pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ganiyat72:

^^^ Alausa photographer,u hadly come to the scene with something reasonable or debatable. Why?

Alausa photographer

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 03, 2016
next election, am voting KOWA party.
To hell with PDP and APC!!
Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by Greatken007(m): 4:29pm On Oct 03, 2016
That is why we call him Okute (Stone )
Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:31pm On Oct 03, 2016
aarressa:
[s][/s]

1. I did not agree that obi eft anything, I was referencing obi's and other people's claims in this thread to make a point.

2. Obingo denied receiving N75 billion from obi at handover so it's still unclear who is lying, but one of them is lying definitely.

3. If obi actually left N75 billion, then what is obingo doing accumulating N10 billion debt? What for. Makes no sense.

4. If you still insist that obi actually left N75 billion, that means obi's N75 billion plus obingo's N10 billion = N85 billion borrow borrow + Taxes + Allocations at obingo's disposal, so kindly show is what obingo did with N85 billion + Taxes, allocations and at least 2 year budgets of at least N100 billion each which = at least N300 billion conservatively.

5. About what obingo did with the money, that's for you his defenders to answer, not me.

Are you saying the 10b should have been exhausted by Now? Dude is barely 2 years in office and like I said, refer to Anambra thread for the road works, bridges, investments in agriculture. At the end of his first tenure, we will assess him kobo by kobo.
The thread is about Obi.
The audience he was telling that is not children's birthday crew. The handover documents are online and he has mentioned the three banks with figures: Diamond, Fidelity and access.
Your problem is that you want to hate but we are here for you.
Let whoever saod he didn't leave anything provide documents to that effect too.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by focus7: 4:32pm On Oct 03, 2016
Why didn't he give this wisdom to Jonathan instead of singing his praises while that one wasted our money on frivolity.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Quotes That Set The Internet On Fire. "To You Young People, Take..." by TheAlchemist: 4:32pm On Oct 03, 2016
Talk is Cheap! Mr. "I want to make common sense" said much sweeter things.. until his financial mess was exposed. Trust the Nigerian Politicians at your peril!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ex-ministers Who Didn’t Make President Buhari’s Cut / #Endsars: Burna Boy Promotes Petition To Sanction Fg In UK (pictures) / House Of Representatives Members Drinking While DSS Shutdown NASS (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.