Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? (29825 Views)

Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / Zimbabwean Prophet Pays Man & Woman To Fake Getting Stuck During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Toks2008(m): 9:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
*This write up does not encourage adultery in any form but it is about pointing out the erroneous belief as regards the act of adultery and divorce in relation to the scriptures.Every man must love and be faithful to his wife.

I have seen many situations where a wife leaves her husband against all odds because he committed adultery and she will quickly use the scripture to back up her action.

But does God really permit a wife to divorce an adulterous husband?

According to Islam

The fact that polygamy is an acceptable norm in Islam does not give room for much debate over this matter but nevertheless,there are laid down guidelines to follow if a wife has good evidence that her husbands committed adultery(Please refer to Fataawa 89039 and 85031).

From the bible

God never intended to give any instruction as regards divorce because GOD hates it as it is written in Malachi 2:16 : "For I hate divorce !" says the LORD , the God of Israel.

However, the hardness of MAN's heart(Not the woman) made Moses give men the opportunity to divorce their wives.

While many bible scholars have postulated that whenever a "he" is used in the Bible,it usually applies to man and woman and i perfectly agree but when it comes to matrimonial matters, the bible is very gender specific and has meticulously used the words man,woman,husband and wife with specific instructions relating to each one.

1 corrithians 7:10-11
"But for those who are married, I have a command that comes not from me, but from the Lord. A wife must not leave her husband.But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.

Matthew 19:5-9
" Why then," they asked Him, "did Moses command us to give divorce papers and TO SEND HER AWAY?"He told them, "Moses permitted you to divorce your WIVES because of the hardness of your hearts. But it was not like that from the beginning.And I tell you, whoever divorces his WIFE, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery."

So the big question is; When is it right for a woman to divorce her husband?

The only Biblical ground for divorce for the woman is desertion by the man which is never the same as an act of adultery because strangely enough, a man may commit adultery but may not have any intention of deserting his wife.

Desertion is defined as the abandonment of a duty or post without permission and is done with the intention of not returning after all options of true reconciliation fails.

1 Corinthians 7:15. "But if the unbelieving partners leave, let them go. Under these circumstances a Christian man or Christian woman is not bound [by a marriage vow]. God has called you to live in peace".

Desertion by the man can come in many forms.
-If he denies her sex.
-Outrightly abandons her.
-Makes her a punching bag
-Refuses to take care of her and the children even when he is capable

I don't know if this makes sense.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Laveda(f): 9:56pm On Oct 02, 2016
No, it doesn't make sense.

Just see how you twisting the bible and making it go in line with your selfish thoughts, so a man is allowed to commit adultery and nothing will happen and when the woman does same? Hell will let loose..

This is total bullcrap!

I'm all for equity.

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
Toks2008:
Another mind blowing and extremely controversial piece. ...
WATCH OUT
don't strain ya fingers typin',the answer is simply.... YES

4 Likes

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by falconey(m): 10:00pm On Oct 02, 2016
I can't wait.
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Toks2008(m): 10:00pm On Oct 02, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:

This write up will shake the marital world.
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 02, 2016
Yea Yea

Another piece that will come from twisting the bible to suit yourself.

May God help you Toks grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 02, 2016
Toks2008:

This write up will shake the marital world.
not in the US ...at least not since the 1800s that is

2 Likes

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by RabbaRabbi: 10:08pm On Oct 02, 2016
You this guy? You don carry your lies come here abi?

I have been observing this Op for some time now and come to concluded that his threads are nothing more than a trash angry misleading those that don't know the bible.

True christains, be ware of this op, he's an antichrist undecided

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Davash222(m): 10:08pm On Oct 02, 2016
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 02, 2016
An illustration about marriage

Certainly you will understand what I am about to say, my brothers and sisters, because all of you know about law. The law rules over people only as long as they live. A married woman, for example, is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives; but if he dies, then she is free from the law that bound her to him. So then, if she lives with another man while her husband is alive, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is legally a free woman and does not commit adultery if she marries another man. That is how it is with you, my sisters and brothers. As far as the Law is concerned, you also have died because you are part of the body of Christ; and now you belong to him who was raised from death in order that we might be useful in the service of God. For when we lived according to our human nature, the sinful desires stirred up by the Law were at work in our bodies, and all we did ended in death. Now, however, we are free from the Law, because we died to that which once held us prisoners. No longer do we serve in the old way of a written law, but in the new way of the Spirit.

Romans 7:1‭-‬6 GNB

5 Likes

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 02, 2016
ItsQuinn:

Certainly you will understand what I am about to say, my brothers and sisters, because all of you know about law. The law rules over people only as long as they live. A married woman, for example, is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives; but if he dies, then she is free from the law that bound her to him. So then, if she lives with another man while her husband is alive, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is legally a free woman and does not commit adultery if she marries another man. That is how it is with you, my sisters and brothers. As far as the Law is concerned, you also have died because you are part of the body of Christ; and now you belong to him who was raised from death in order that we might be useful in the service of God. For when we lived according to our human nature, the sinful desires stirred up by the Law were at work in our bodies, and all we did ended in death. Now, however, we are free from the Law, because we died to that which once held us prisoners. No longer do we serve in the old way of a written law, but in the new way of the Spirit.

Hahahaha you just put it down!!!! cheesy there ya go toks
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 02, 2016
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by RabbaRabbi: 10:16pm On Oct 02, 2016
Q: does God permit a wife to divorce an adulterous husband?
A: no

2 Likes

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by EmperorLee(m): 10:17pm On Oct 02, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:

You just jump from thread to thread supporting every damned things about girls, all in the name of posing as a feminist.. Pity you don't even think before scribbling down comments which explains your not so good English and don't give me the crap about 'that's how we write here' shii. Bottom line is you can't type correct English.

Funny how a dumbo is forming Feminist, I used to think that term goes along with well educated ladies and not some girl that can't even measure up to the english proficiency of a toddler in kindergarten.

10 Likes

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 02, 2016
I'm ready for him this time around cheesy
KingCheezyPuff:
Hahahaha you just put it down!!!! cheesy there ya go tok

1 Like

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
RabbaRabbi:
Q: does God permit a wife to divorce an adulterous husband?

A: no
CAPITAL YES! Read Romans 7:1-6 tongue

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2016
EmperorLee:

You just jump from thread to thread supporting every damned things about girls, all in the name of posing as a feminist.. Pity you don't even think before scribbling down comments which explains your not so good English and don't give me the crap about 'that's how we write here' shii. Bottom line is you can't type correct English.

Funny how a dumbo is forming Feminist, I used to think that term goes along with well educated ladies and not some girl that can't even measure up to the english proficiency of a toddler in kindergarten.
woooooh! undecided somebody needs a cookie and a nap.
What'sup with you,Lee? undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
Sometimes I wonder why guys here like picking on females. undecided

Is it to boost your self esteem or what?

If y'all have problems with ladies offline why not settle it with them, Don't come here to shove your existence on us !!!

We care less if you exist !!!

undecided

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
EmperorLee:

JESU

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by CplusJason: 10:27pm On Oct 02, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
He said nothing but the truth. Deal with it nigga

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 02, 2016
its toks2008 again. the heretic. let's see what lies and misinformation you spew out this time.

11 Likes

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 02, 2016
1st Corinthians 7: 1-15
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Toks2008(m): 10:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
ItsQuinn:

And please whats your point?...

3 Likes

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
CplusJason:
He said nothing but the truth. Deal with it nigga
you wan kill her self esteem why cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by falconey(m): 10:34pm On Oct 02, 2016
EmperorLee:

Lee this is uncalled for, her words construction may be poor but she is not dumb.

12 Likes

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Toks2008(m): 10:36pm On Oct 02, 2016
WindUpMerchant:
its toks2008 again. the heretic. let's see what lies and misinformation you spew out this time.

You know what baffles me most about noise makers? ..they make vague noises.

Please try and prove me wrong rather than make comments that lack substance.

4 Likes

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by falconey(m): 10:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
Diddyydiva:

If y'all have problems with ladies offline why not settle it with them, Don't come here to shove your existence on us !!!

undecided

trust me the asslicking supersede the critiques.
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by EmperorLee(m): 10:38pm On Oct 02, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:

What I said wrote is the truth and if at all you really make use of your brain, you'd know that the truth is not a sumptuous meal...

ItsQuinn:

Your own case is even worse, where should I even start? Is there a remedy for someone that is even confused about IT'S gender? It will be easier for you to figure out who or what you really are than figuring out what that bible passage really means. Need I remind you of the curse that follows anyone that adds, remove or twist the content of the holy book?

2 Likes

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by dollyjoy(f): 10:39pm On Oct 02, 2016
Ok
Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 02, 2016
Diddyydiva:

undecided
EmperorLee I dedicate this quote 2 you undecided
please keep yer issues 2 yerself

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by RabbaRabbi: 10:40pm On Oct 02, 2016
ItsQuinn:

really? So you mean God allows christain couples to divorce if need be?

Couples are permitted to re-marry if one of them dies.

And you forget that those who divorce their husband/wife are adulterers/adulteresses as long as the both are still alive?

SMHFY?

1 Like

Re: Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? by Naturalle(f): 10:40pm On Oct 02, 2016
See as person dey form literature on top wetin 'dumbo' type. E pain u sha...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Christianity Was Used To Brainwash Africans Into Submission / Is Sex With Sex Doll A Sin? / Emmanuel Omale Predicts Death Of Actress In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.