Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,322 members, 7,780,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:34 PM

Oil Price Hits $50, Nigeria’s Exports To Rise - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Price Hits $50, Nigeria’s Exports To Rise (15170 Views)

Petrol Price Hits N160/litre At Depots / Ghana Begins Fuel Exports To Nigeria / Crude Oil Hits $50 Per Barrel. Nigeria not Benefitting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Price Hits $50, Nigeria’s Exports To Rise by wiseoneking: 10:56am On Oct 03, 2016
banki:

Everyone acts like they have solutions to the problems
Is it a crime if oil is explored in the north?
In all your analysis you failed to recognize that some bunch of criminals and politicians have made us earn less dollars by bombing pipelines and reducing our exports...
That is the number 1 reason why we are in a recession
So GEJ and PDP is no more the main reason. NDI IBERIBE.
Re: Oil Price Hits $50, Nigeria’s Exports To Rise by gemale(m): 11:00am On Oct 03, 2016
ChappyChase:
will this reduce the price of rice

cause am tired of eating beans and yam on sundays.
O load hear my cry!!!!!!
D beans & yam u r eating is a blessing 2 D Nigerian economy. U r funding d business of D farmer dt grew dem, D driver dt transported dem, D traders dt sold dem. U r involved in building our national gdp. Dey r fresher & healthier. d rice which u r crying 4 is more likely 2 b imported 4rm 1 Asian coun3 where it wld hv bn processed (making it less healthier), left 4 several months & spent more tym in transport (dere has even bn rumors dt some rice wld hv expired on arrival bt dey r nw rebagged 2 cover up). If rice dey hungry u chop, go buy ofada or go ebonyi or oda rice-growing States charter locally grown rice 2 help our economy instead of building up 1 Chinese/Thai man's business & coun3's economy.

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Hits $50, Nigeria’s Exports To Rise by AUcom66(m): 11:04am On Oct 03, 2016
Their is positive correlations between oil price and corruption in Nigeria. I.e high oil price leads to high corruption

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Hits $50, Nigeria’s Exports To Rise by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 03, 2016
blueto:
With this development and the reports from the states minister of petroleum indicating that oil output has also increased to 1.7m barrels a day, we can surmise that FG is making huge money everyday, and failure to get Nigeria out of recession further concretizes the notion that this govt is visionless, clueless, incompetent, and hotheaded.
Not totally tru, wen barrack Obama entered as president of America, they got into a recession, and it took the govt three yrs with enough spending b4 they got out of recession. My point is that is not possible to take Nigeria out of recession within months. The two things govt should do to get us out of recession is if we can produce food ourselves rather than importing especially rice. Also if we can refine crude ourselves rather than importing refined crude product with billions of dollars. And these things take time but can be achieve if the govt is serious.
Re: Oil Price Hits $50, Nigeria’s Exports To Rise by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 03, 2016
Yeligray:
Militants are a group of people the Nigerian army won't be able to stop because of their unity, they believe they fight for a just cause and in life there is nothing stronger than the power of unity.
I pray o, abeg make I hear word jor, nor be only united, na city.
Re: Oil Price Hits $50, Nigeria’s Exports To Rise by Utominawele: 1:05pm On Oct 03, 2016
At least a glimpse of hope surfaces in our oil sector... God bless Nigeria
Re: Oil Price Hits $50, Nigeria’s Exports To Rise by ChinonsoDike2: 2:26pm On Oct 03, 2016
Amberon:
Lol...its not about whether oil sells for $50 or for $1000. The question is this, what do we do with the little we have? What meaningful thing have we done with the oil proceeds in the past? What have we done with it this year?

This govt doesn't seem like they would do anything reasonable even if oil prices skyrocket, they will use half of it to search for more oil in the north.
We need to invest in education, science and technology.

Youths, I'm speaking to you now, I'm not a motivational speaker but the situation everyone in Nigeria is currently facing is enough motivation. We must strive to break barriers. I keep asking myself, what is wrong with the black race? Do the whites have 10 heads? Who did we offend? Abi na we kill Jesus? Where are the black Zukerbergs and Steve Jobs? Why is it that when Africa is to be shown on CNN, you start seeing forests and wild animals??

I'm very angry but I'll stop talking now.

The black race has a lower IQ on average.

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Hits $50, Nigeria’s Exports To Rise by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 03, 2016
ChappyChase:
will this reduce the price of rice

cause am tired of eating beans and yam on sundays.
O load hear my cry!!!!!!
Dats my best food you are talking of here OOO, even rice no sweet pass beans and ripe plantain. When next you prepare this let me know. Biko!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Crises Brew In NASS Over Tenure Of Clerk, Others / Nigeria Doctors Honour Godwin Maduka At The Centenary Dinner Anniversary In Abuj / Bala Mohammed Wins Bauchi PDP Guber Primary Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.