Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,871 members, 7,806,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger (6206 Views)

Pre-Wedding Photos Of Blogger Juachi Promise Ochu / Photos Of Blogger Lizzy Oke On Wheelchair Will Melt Your Heart / 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by dlux: 5:43am On Oct 03, 2016
This is a counter thread to some silly post i read here on Nairaland. Am sure the person who wrote it has little or no tech knowledge but is into blogging just to make money as most Nigerians do. Here are some facts why Wordpress is ahead of Blogger but both CMS should not be compared as they stand out in their own niche,

1. Wordpress is 100% open source: This means Wordpress will be around for a very long time if not forever and is being developed by programmers from all over the globe unlike Blogger which is owned by Google. Blogger can be discontinued or re-branded at anytime if Google sees it fit to do so.

2. Wordpress is the most extensible and configurable CMS out there today and by far the most popular. Get the right tutorials and videos and you're good to go,

3. Wordpress allows you develop your website offline using a local server either on Linux, Apple Mac or Windows. You can build your website or blog offline on your PC, test it to see how it runs before uploading it. I think blogger lacks this feature. Na your MB go tell you.

4. For peeps who love freebies! Simply create your website/blog using http://wordpress.org and you're good to go. Its basically same thing plus it offers more.

5. Wordpress has more plugins and themes compared to blogger. Like i mentioned earlier, thousands if not millions of developers worldwide are constantly building, updating and sharing plugins, themes, security measures and more.

6. Its true Wordpress is the most hacked CMS but it can also be a very secure CMS if you update your plugins and themes on a regular and also host with a reliable company.

7. For folks using adsense or any other web ad from google or similar companies, Wordpress make provision of that same way Blogger does so where is the advantage?

8. And for folks using free domains, be it on wordpress or blogger. You're not ready for blogging. Even Linda Ikeji finally got a top level domain.

There are more advantages but i rest my case here http://gtbensmag.com

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by bridgesjnr: 6:04am On Oct 03, 2016
well as you said....both CMS stand out in their own way...howbeit WordPress still got it.

for your quality wallpapers and 3D wall panels check walldesignking or my signature...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by dlux: 6:08am On Oct 03, 2016
Thanks bro!
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by hairs85: 6:10am On Oct 03, 2016
You and somebody dey fight ni?

1 Like

Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by registration(m): 6:11am On Oct 03, 2016
nice piece
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by GidiQuotes: 6:12am On Oct 03, 2016
Why call the other topic "silly"? This is not a counter thread joor
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by dlux: 6:16am On Oct 03, 2016
No fighting and its quite silly to make such comparisons. Not insulting the other thread but only calling a spade a spade. You cannot compare both. Blogger is not even regarded as a CMS compared to Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal and others.

2 Likes

Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by Ajimight(m): 6:17am On Oct 03, 2016
nice post op am not blogging yet but will do in the future for those who just to learn WP to the fullest check wpbeginner.com to learn

1 Like

Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by Medley(m): 6:19am On Oct 03, 2016
Sugar coating? You said Most Nigerians are into blogging to make money. Show me a Nigerian that is into blogging without that in mind, stop bringing that up. You can distinguish the features and advantages without calling people silly.
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by Skerere: 6:23am On Oct 03, 2016
humph angryhumph
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by techinfong: 6:43am On Oct 03, 2016
Jargunz undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by Janeyinspires(f): 6:50am On Oct 03, 2016
No 8 though undecided
Whatever happened to starting small.Everyone has a starting point,even Linda started as a free blogger...
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by bodmas119(m): 6:55am On Oct 03, 2016
starting a blog on my own, does it require money moreso how much do I need to start and how can I make money wit blog?
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by edupedia: 7:23am On Oct 03, 2016
Janeyinspires:
No 8 though undecided
Whatever happened to starting small.Everyone has a starting point,even Linda started as a free blogger...

....I like the write-up but the following statement is patently false..."And for folks using free domains, be it on wordpress or blogger. You're not ready for blogging."...why?

1...i started with WORDPRESS.ORG using HOSTGATOR.

2...but changed back to after 15 months of becoming MAIGUARD of new plugins and all sorts of steps to "protect" my blog...i am sure if they knew about Juju they would also have recommended it for my blog's protection!...on the other hand under WORDPRESS all plugins u need are automatically added by Wordpress and u are not called each month for net virus or SEO issues...in fact u have peace of mind...

3...what is important is to set common sense objectives for your blog eg if you want adsense business then u can use WORDPRESS.ORG...but if u want to use the blog just to direct readers to your physical business location with minimal discussions then use ...for instance if u are in the education sector eg selling books,science equipment or providing tutorials with most of your expected customers in Nigeria or located around u, a free domain is more relevant as long as your CONTENT is excellent and above all, u can be sure your blog is as safe as WORDPRESS itself!...

4...You can also use your blog under as a warehouse of your content,indirect adverts etc and link each posting on the blog to your followers/customers on social networks...that is why its a blog...u have maximum control unlike a website like NAIRALAND!...
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by biffoqboxer: 7:34am On Oct 03, 2016
E mk brain
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by faceland: 7:46am On Oct 03, 2016
I started with Blogger 8 years ago and prefer it. The free version of Blogger can he established without external advert but Wordpress would display ads on your blog except you pay for it to be removed.

Google would never scrap Blogger without providing a better alternative. Don't you use Gmail or Yahoo? Would you advice people not to have those email address just become it is owned by a private multi_billiona dollar American companies (and not 'open sources' as you said)?

Blogger has always been easy for me to use and if you watch the right videos and tutorials too, you can edit the HTML Temple to do just about anything. I host 3 different WEBSITE (not blogs on blogger). Edited it until it had the format of a website.

It's all about personal preference and I think Blogger suits me.

3 Likes

Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by faceland: 7:52am On Oct 03, 2016
edupedia:

....I like the write-up but the following statement is patently false..."And for folks using free domains, be it on wordpress or blogger. You're not ready for blogging."...why?

If you are a serious blogger with great following, a personal custom domain would be the smart chose. Plus backup both your template and blog. A day might come when they would ban you, you can just move on since your readers already know your custom Web address. If you have your XML backups and domain, it would only take 5 minutes to have you site back up as if nothing happened. It's all about caution.

2 Likes

Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by Monalisa185(f): 7:53am On Oct 03, 2016
bodmas119:
starting a blog on my own, does it require money moreso how much do I need to start and how can I make money wit blog?
starting with a free domain does not require any money, but getting your blog to look professional will cost you some money. Do not go into blogging with just the mindset of making money from it, if you try that, you'll run out after two days of blogging

3 Likes

Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:00am On Oct 03, 2016
Blogger can't be used for anything else other than blogging!.... But WordPress?....... Just think of any website... Forum o, company website o, blog o, Ecommerce store o... WordPress can do all.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by leksmedia: 8:03am On Oct 03, 2016
WordPress provides beautiful customizable templates and unique designs but blogger doesn't give much flexibility.

WordPress is still one of the best CMS though it comes with its challenges of having to update plugins Everytime unlile blogger

Visit www.leksmediaconcept.com for all your website and web design enquiries
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by talk2hb1(m): 8:19am On Oct 03, 2016
Blogger is not even in the same league with WordPress, not at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by emmalexdboy(m): 8:42am On Oct 03, 2016
OP, you get mouth jare! Some dumb folks just keep spreading ignorance all over the internet.

Blogger no see Wordpress back at all. Linda and Jide are really missing a lot.

Even Google now recommends Wordpress because it's very easy to crawl and solves a lot of SEO issues.

That's why you see Wordpress blogs listed on the first page of google for search queries.

Now, if you want to learn more then read this post where I cover 30 reasons you should Wordpress as your blogging platform

This debate should be over by now, in fact Google may dumb blogger pretty soon.

1 Like

Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by webincomeplus(m): 8:54am On Oct 03, 2016
Who compares Kano Pillars with Athletico Madrid? They're in different leagues!

Compare Blogger with the likes of Weebly and Tumblr, and leave Wordpress with the others in its league -- Drupal, Joomla, Ghost, etc.

Comparing Blogger with WordPress is an insult to WordPress!

5 Likes

Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by schoolhelpng(m): 9:06am On Oct 03, 2016
I bet u the number of users are more than WordPress...
all what u said here also belongs to ....
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by KvnqPrezo(m): 9:35am On Oct 03, 2016
dlux:
This is a counter thread to some silly post i read here on Nairaland. Am sure the person who wrote it has little or no tech knowledge but is into blogging just to make money as most Nigerians do. Here are some facts why Wordpress is ahead of Blogger but both CMS should not be compared as they stand out in their own niche,

1. Wordpress is 100% open source: This means Wordpress will be around for a very long time if not forever and is being developed by programmers from all over the globe unlike Blogger which is owned by Google. Blogger can be discontinued or re-branded at anytime if Google sees it fit to do so.

2. Wordpress is the most extensible and configurable CMS out there today and by far the most popular. Get the right tutorials and videos and you're good to go,

3. Wordpress allows you develop your website offline using a local server either on Linux, Apple Mac or Windows. You can build your website or blog offline on your PC, test it to see how it runs before uploading it. I think blogger lacks this feature. Na your MB go tell you.

4. For peeps who love freebies! Simply create your website/blog using http://wordpress.org and you're good to go. Its basically same thing plus it offers more.

5. Wordpress has more plugins and themes compared to blogger. Like i mentioned earlier, thousands if not millions of developers worldwide are constantly building, updating and sharing plugins, themes, security measures and more.

6. Its true Wordpress is the most hacked CMS but it can also be a very secure CMS if you update your plugins and themes on a regular and also host with a reliable company.

7. For folks using adsense or any other web ad from google or similar companies, Wordpress make provision of that same way Blogger does so where is the advantage?

8. And for folks using free domains, be it on wordpress or blogger. You're not ready for blogging. Even Linda Ikeji finally got a top level domain.

There are more advantages but i rest my case here http://gtbensmag.com
Thank God you said they shouldn't be compared...WordPress and blogger are not the same.
Why don't you compare WP with Drupal and Jomla The it Will make sense...
It's just like comparing a musician and a comedian...
Mind you, blogger also has support everywhere(youtube etc)..
Blogger advantageover WP is because it's free(don't forget that).
WP is Superb but when there's money
.. I see no reason why I should use WP when I can achieve exact thing with blogger for free...
Yes the company can shut down but before they do we all would have migrated...(they'll alert us before shutting down).
You don't expect a newbie to pour his money into WP all because of a blog ..
WordPress is good when am creating something bigger than a blog...
Blogger: Simple.
WordPress: Complex.

Compare blogger with mywapblog etc

How will you compare lion and dog

In summary they both have advantages and disadvantages...
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:35am On Oct 03, 2016
schoolhelpng:
I bet u the number of users are more than WordPress...

all what u said here also belongs to ....

When you search for stuffs on the internet, how many site comes up?
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by faceland: 9:38am On Oct 03, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
Blogger can't be used for anything else other than blogging!.... But WordPress?....... Just think of any website... Forum o, company website o, blog o, Ecommerce store o... WordPress can do all.

Sure, Wordpress has some features that Blogger doen't have but, you can use Blogger for company website and even eCommance nevertheless, it would be easier with Wordpress and far better to use Wix.

The thread was about blogging and from personal experience, Blogger can do anything Wordpress can do for FREE. Wordpress would charge you money. They are more into profit than Blogger.
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:41am On Oct 03, 2016
faceland:

Sure, Wordpress has some features that Blogger doen't have but, you can use Blogger for company website and even eCommance nevertheless, it would be easier with Wordpress and far better to use Wix.

The thread was about blogging and from personal experience, Blogger can do anything Wordpress can do for FREE. Wordpress would charge you money. They are more into profit that Blogger.

Lol no make me laugh biko
Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by KvnqPrezo(m): 9:41am On Oct 03, 2016
faceland:
I started with Blogger 8 years ago and prefer it. The free version of Blogger can he established without external advert but Wordpress would display ads on your blog except you pay for it to be removed.

Google would never scrap Blogger without providing a better alternative. Don't you use Gmail or Yahoo? Would you advice people not to have those email address just become it is owned by a private multi_billiona dollar American companies (and not 'open sources' as you said)?

Blogger has always been easy for me to use and if you watch the right videos and tutorials too, you can edit the HTML Temple to do just about anything. I host 3 different WEBSITE (not blogs on blogger). Edited it until it had the format of a website.

It's all about personal preference and I think Blogger suits me.
You are the only one that said reasonable thinq (still readinq shaa)...

I used Wp for almost 6month I I left...
People think when they pay host in Wp the next thing moni start flowing like water..
They'll run after one year(if they reach sef)
I'll definitely use WP when am starting a professional brand not to waste money when I can actually get it free

1 Like

Re: Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger by faceland: 9:42am On Oct 03, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

When you search for stuffs on the internet, how many site comes up?

Do you you know what they call "authority on a topic". If Google feel that you have valuable original content, each post you make are imidatly indexed by Google on Blogger. Meaning, 2 secounds after you publish a topic on , people would find it on search if you are an authority of that topic.

Most Nigerians using Blogger including the famous Linda, are lazy about the design too.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? / How I Earn Over $50 Daily On Adsense And Affiliate Marketing (see Proves) / Website Account Suspended, Please What Is Next!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.