Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,135,626 members, 7,751,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 February 2024 at 01:14 PM

A Pathetic Story Of A Woman Who Loved Her Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Pathetic Story Of A Woman Who Loved Her Family (1294 Views)

Photos Of The Girl With Half-body At Home With Her Family In Kano / Woman Who Cooks With Menstrual Blood Says "No Regrets" / See What A Woman Had To Pass Through To Support Her Family. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Pathetic Story Of A Woman Who Loved Her Family by lightwalk(m): 1:58pm On Oct 16, 2009
Now hear this complicated story.
A Man who was (let's say moderately rich) had a wife and five children. In her middle thirties the woman developed a serious tumor which was almost incurable. Her husband had to get some Loan from his work to send her for treatment. The operation they could afford could only solve the problem temporarily, but they couldn't afford the money needed for a better one to solve the problem permanently but they hoped to get the money to able to do that. There first son had just entered the University newly and was demanding a lot of money and there other children were also in costly schools. The man's business were not faring well too and he was getting exasperated. After talking to a friend, the friend told him to do the thing -To kill her wife for money. The man couldn't bear the idea so he went home and told his wife about the evil suggestion. The wife after a long time thinking told him to go ahead with the plan since it would make him very rich and her children comfortable too. If they didn't get money from somewhere soon, she was inevitably going to die, and more so her family would be wrecked as they were currently undergoing hardship. After some days, the man proceeded with the plan and even started mourning her secretly. He got what he wanted in the end and the wife sacrificed her life for her family's sake.
My question is : How do you consider such an act?
Did the man commit murder?
Did the woman commit suicide?
Was their action right?

As for me, I think they did a very bad thing - COZ I believe there's always a way out of every situation (a good one)
Re: A Pathetic Story Of A Woman Who Loved Her Family by Shola2009(m): 2:10pm On Oct 16, 2009
This is absurd! a load of horse shi't!! not even worth thinking about. IMO
Re: A Pathetic Story Of A Woman Who Loved Her Family by tRoOE(f): 8:42pm On Oct 16, 2009
This can never happen!!! Lai lai
Re: A Pathetic Story Of A Woman Who Loved Her Family by redsky1: 11:37pm On Oct 16, 2009
this is what i call an internet focus group - ur looking for ideas for a nollywood scrpit and u want to see how it will go down with us eh,

what naija woman will leave her children and agree to die so that her husband will become rich and replace her after 1 week.

abeg look for better story to develop
Re: A Pathetic Story Of A Woman Who Loved Her Family by whiteroses(f): 11:43pm On Oct 16, 2009
is this a joke
Re: A Pathetic Story Of A Woman Who Loved Her Family by Fhemmmy: 12:04am On Oct 17, 2009
Truly pathetic, but i am sure a Nigerian woman can never do such.
I can never make such decision, cos the money is not enuf to wipe all the memory we all shared as a family.
Re: A Pathetic Story Of A Woman Who Loved Her Family by Outstrip(f): 2:55am On Oct 17, 2009
It makes no sense. The man is a murderer. The woman is a fool and the children not very smart either
Re: A Pathetic Story Of A Woman Who Loved Her Family by Fhemmmy: 4:17am On Oct 17, 2009
break it down.
Re: A Pathetic Story Of A Woman Who Loved Her Family by lightwalk(m): 1:28pm On Oct 17, 2009
Those are your opinions now,, and there is nothing wrong with expressing it. Someone might say something like this : I will do it comfortably because I think a lot about the future. What does it matter to live the next three years in pain and suffering when I can make life better for my family and was already on the verge of death.

If you think such love doesn't exist it is because you haven't, ****
Re: A Pathetic Story Of A Woman Who Loved Her Family by truphie(f): 2:29pm On Oct 17, 2009
Sacrifice yourself for your family?
Please! when they said I do, they said for better or for worse.

Poor story line I must say. Even fictional stories must have some credibility aspect in them.
Re: A Pathetic Story Of A Woman Who Loved Her Family by Radiant(f): 4:17pm On Oct 17, 2009
I will not believe this!
Re: A Pathetic Story Of A Woman Who Loved Her Family by lightwalk(m): 4:30pm On Oct 17, 2009
Radiant:

I will not believe this!
Nobody said you should believe it because whether you do or not. It is always true and it happened near to me

lightwalk:

Those are your opinions now,, and there is nothing wrong with expressing it. Someone might say something like this : I will do it comfortably because I think a lot about the future. What does it matter to live the next three years in pain and suffering when I can make life better for my family and was already on the verge of death. cool

If you think such love doesn't exist it is because you haven't, ****
I don't understand what you mean?? undecided

whiteroses:

is this a joke
It is not a joke rose smiley
Re: A Pathetic Story Of A Woman Who Loved Her Family by Akinagirl(f): 9:28pm On Oct 17, 2009
I cant believe there is no matured response on this thread. There are some situations that will cause someone to make quick and sometimes irrational decisions. You never know unless the shoe is on your foot.

Poster, That is a tough question. I will think about it more in depth. However, can you tell us what you would have done?
Re: A Pathetic Story Of A Woman Who Loved Her Family by Busybody2(f): 10:23pm On Oct 17, 2009
^^^

Exactly, people live such closeted  and sheltered life on NL, everything they read is Nollywood lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

What is preposterous about this story undecided People have been known to donate their kidneys for free to loved ones without getting a penny in return despite the risks involved, people plan with their partners to take their own life so the surviving partner can cash in their life insurances in the Western world . . .
Re: A Pathetic Story Of A Woman Who Loved Her Family by ritaNL: 2:43am On Oct 18, 2009
Busy_body:

^^^

Exactly, people live such closeted and sheltered life on NL, everything they read is Nollywood lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

What is preposterous about this story undecided People have been known to donate their kidneys for free to loved ones without getting a penny in return despite the risks involved, people plan with their partners to take their own life so the surviving partner can cash in their life insurances in the Western world . . .

You are right madam.
Re: A Pathetic Story Of A Woman Who Loved Her Family by Outstrip(f): 2:56am On Oct 18, 2009
Donating a kidney does not mean death. Unless I am reading a different story here. The woman is alive and there is a chance for a cure. Rather than the family sacrificing the education of the kids for now to save a life they would rather let the woman die so that the kids can go to school. LMAO.
Re: A Pathetic Story Of A Woman Who Loved Her Family by Radiant(f): 3:09am On Oct 18, 2009
Akinagirl:

I cant believe there is no matured response on this thread. There are some situations that will cause someone to make quick and sometimes irrational decisions. You never know unless the shoe is on your foot.

Poster, That is a tough question. I will think about it more in depth. However, can you tell us what you would have done?

Busy_body:

Exactly, people live such closeted  and sheltered life on NL, everything they read is Nollywood lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

So, "blood money" is now accepted?  shocked Where do you live? What money are we talking about? So, we now believe in blood money? How true is this blood money to start with? How long does it last? What are the consequences? Lord!  How can you compare such bizarre story to "donating a kidney" and saying things like "you never know unless the shoe is on your foot". Kiss my foot indeed!

You two need to consult your doctors if you have any. What are we debating here?!

(1) (Reply)

This Is Serious! / My Baby Boy! / Can One Be A Good Father Without Being A Good Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.