Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY (38318 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / "Being Married In Nigeria Is Inconveniencing" - Lady On Twitter Says / Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by jeff1607(m): 8:41am On Oct 04, 2016
I know money, financial status, mental preparedness and more are necessary in marriage but putting all that aside what are yours fears? Mine has a lot of what ifs

what if in the long run it gets boring with everything looking like a routine with the fire that was present initially, will she try to rekindle it? As we know most ladies (not all) tend to wait for the guy to everything to spice it all up, from kinky gossips or just gisting.

What if she doesn't have time for me and probably loves the kids more?

what if love making becomes more like a chore or routine, would she try to spice it up and become more adventurous?

what if am no more would she be able to handle everything all on her own ( men die before that wives).

what if she changes during the course of marriage ( like show her true colour or character)

what if she can't bear the usual hustle and bustle in marriage and decides to quit? ( marriage isn't all smooth)

Experienced minds can help out here and you can share yours too.

#nuffsaid

23 Likes

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 04, 2016
Afraid of being a slave wife or a house wife sad

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Titilayooni(f): 10:48am On Oct 04, 2016
Afraid of been tired of the love we initially shared....

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by jeff1607(m): 11:14am On Oct 04, 2016
ItsQuinn:

like seriously do women have this fear u just stated?

12 Likes

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 04, 2016
I don't know about other women but this is my own fear smiley
jeff1607:

like seriously do women have this fear u just stated?

23 Likes

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by babyfaceafrica: 11:27am On Oct 04, 2016
No fears,what will be will be

23 Likes

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Dyt(f): 11:30am On Oct 04, 2016
grin angry shocked cool lipsrsealed cry kiss sad tongue embarassed grin cheesy smiley
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by captainhoo: 9:59pm On Oct 04, 2016
Getting bored of the marriage will the marriage turn out the way I want?? child bearing and it's stress. Never a walk in the park

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Melonny(m): 11:17pm On Oct 04, 2016
will I really sleep(remain faithful) with just one woman for 20-26 years after marriage? it's like eating beans everyday for 26years.
God help us...

137 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Ifakiland(m): 11:37pm On Oct 04, 2016
Am actually scared of marrying the wrong woman. Cos gals av a way of changing after wedding, d angelic make up filled face turns into a pimples colony early in d mrn in bed with u....den she starts getting fat, skipping baths, nagging, etc.
I'm also scared am gonna cheat on my wife...if she stops been d gal I fell in love with after wedding!

158 Likes 19 Shares

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Biim: 8:40am On Oct 06, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Same here plus I am scared of being a doormat and being abused in any way. It all narrows down to my phobia of marrying the wrong man.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 06, 2016
Exactly sad
Biim:

Same here plus I am scared of being a doormat and being abused in any way. It all narrows down to my phobia of marrying the wrong man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by samuel051: 9:15am On Oct 06, 2016
scared of bringing in another persons child(wife) and innocent children to d world to suffer what i suffered, because you just cant predict Nigeria's economy...

116 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 06, 2016
Being taken for granted and feeling like relationship is one sided as in i am doing most of the work.

Therefore, one of the things i look for in a potential partner is enduring qualities like naturally selfless, caring, compassionate and loving, nuturing and being open and teachable.

Because come rain or hailstorm, i can depend on him emotionally and mentally for support and know they will care and appreciate me.

I cant stand men who are emotionally unstable like moody and worse if they shut me off.

Selfishness is a deal breaker. No one should get married if they are not prepared to be selfless.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by AlfaAce(m): 3:44pm On Oct 06, 2016
What if i go broke or i die? Leaving a wife and innocent children to suffer
What if i get bored or tired? (i'm only human)
What if she stops loving me? Or vice versa ? (that's very possible)
What if with time she ceases to be the woman i fell in love with? When she changes physically and in other areas.
I may change my mind later
but for now,marraige? No be me.

25 Likes

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by grandlexuz(m): 3:59pm On Oct 06, 2016
The relationship between a husband and wife is the most complex on planet earth. Two people who start a relationship on "love" and yet could go ahead to be bitter enemies. Husbands have killed wives in the process and vice versa. Even when everything becomes lacking in your relationship you will realise CHANGE will always be constant. The woman or man you got married will certainly change physically, emotionally and even spiritually as the years unfold. These changes will inevitably bring different crisis at each stage of the relationship. The biggest question should not always be " Will you marry me?" it should be " "Why do you want to marry me?" In the beginning both parties should be able to sincerely ask themselves why the want to live with each other.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Fairgodwin(m): 3:59pm On Oct 06, 2016
My ONLY fear is the fact that I won't be able to stay alone anymore. The fact that I won't be able to sleep alone and wake innocently alone. Oh I so much enjoy being alone and spending time with myself all by myself.

106 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by MandingoXXX: 4:00pm On Oct 06, 2016
Staying out late with the boys. And bleeping the same otene for the rest of my life.... Scary grin

12 Likes

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by LuvU2: 4:00pm On Oct 06, 2016
falling out of love

6 Likes

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by mhisbliss(f): 4:00pm On Oct 06, 2016

Its like gambling and once you made the wrong choice its for life

When it gets boring and less romantic making you guys to seek other options

And trying to stop you from chasing your dreams and ambitions

10 Likes

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Bisjosh(f): 4:00pm On Oct 06, 2016
Xiadnat:
Being taken for granted and feeling like relationship is one sided as in i am doing most of the work.
Therefore, one of the things i look for in a potential partner is enduring qualities like naturally selfless, caring, compassionate and loving, nuturing and being open and teachable.
Because come rain or hailstorm, i can depend on him emotionally and mentally for support and know they will care and appreciate me.
I cant stand men who are emotionally unstable like moody and worse if they shut me off.
Selfishness is a deal breaker. No one should get married if they are not prepared to be selfless.

This and many more;
No privacy angry
Boredom
alot of sacrifice for the small beings

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 06, 2016
Most times we allow parental and societal pressures mk us marry the wrong person. One thing i have learned is nobody can change if they dont want to. Prayer doesn't work in marriage too ask chris oyakilome nd okotie

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Emeskhalifa(m): 4:01pm On Oct 06, 2016
ending up with the wrong woman

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by grandlexuz(m): 4:01pm On Oct 06, 2016
Xiadnat:

[b]Yeah very true! Selflessness is the watch word. When both parties are willing to put the other infront, there is always room for improvement and compromise.

A Very Poor Man Lived With His Wife.

One day his wife, who had very long hair asked him to buy her a comb for her hair to grow well and to be well-groomed.

The man felt very sorry and said no. He explained that he did not even have enough money to fix the strap of his watch he had just broken.

She did not insist on her request.

The man went to work and passed by a watch shop, sold his damaged watch at a low price and went to buy a comb for his wife.

He came home in the evening with the comb in his hand ready to give to his wife.

He was surprised when he saw his wife with a very short hair cut.

She had sold her hair and was holding a new watch band.

Tears flowed simultaneously from their eyes, not for the futility of their actions, but for the reciprocity of their love.

MORAL: To love is nothing, to be loved is something but to love and to be loved by the one you love,that is EVERYTHING. Never take love for granted.[/b][i][/i]

157 Likes 15 Shares

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2016
I'm scared of being taken for granted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Griffon(m): 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2016
Watching my wife get boinked by some stranger!

Sincerely, I can handle a cheating gf, how about a cheating wife? Marriage in all honesty is a dicey call to make.

On the other hand, marriage doesn't put an end to lust, so i'm also scared of cheating on my wife with a super duper hot chick.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2016
LuvU2:
falling out of love
Pretty.

@Topic, can't think of any. undecided

1 Like

LuvU2:
falling out of love

Then you will have to fall back in love again or even back flip in love grin
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2016
ItsQuinn:
See as I dey look you..... Why should you see yourself as a slave in your own matrimonial home Abeg wake up jor
Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by seunlayi(m): 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2016
SEEK YE FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND OTHER THINGS (MARRIAGE) WILL BE ADDED UNTO YOU

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your fears Of Getting Married Or Being Married? Singles ONLY by Mzjacy(f): 4:03pm On Oct 06, 2016
Scared of not making the right choice cos I don't believe in divorce

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

When The Wrong One Loves You Right!!! / Ways To Cool An Angry Wife / 5-Year-Old Girl Celebrates Her Father's Birthday With A Written Letter/Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.