Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,473 members, 7,801,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja (25390 Views)

"Fresh PDP, PDP First": Photo Of The New Factional PDP Secretariat In Asokoro / Diplomat Breaks Traffic Rules In Asokoro, Abuja & Said This.. PICS / Efcc Stormed My Street In Asokoro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by Vicadonis(m): 12:10pm On Oct 04, 2016
The Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) has found Godsday Orubebe, former minister of Niger Delta affairs, guilty of false declaration of asset.

Danladi Umar, chairman of the tribunal, delivered the judgment convicting Orubebe of the offence.

However, he gave him a light sentence.

“‎I hereby seize, on behalf of the federal government, the property known as plot 2057,” he ruled.

“The prosecution proved its case beyond reasonable doubt, and all evidence tendered are admitted.”

He held that Orubebe committed an offence for not declaring a piece of property in Abuja, which he claimed he had sold.

The federal government had filed a one-count charge of false declaration of asset against Orubebe.

The government claimed that he committed the offence while he was a public officer.

The former minister is better known for his outburst at the national collation centre of the 2015 presidential election, in an attempt to halt the declaration of results of the election.

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-cct-finds-orubebe-guilty-false-declaration-asset?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ThecableTopStories+%28TheCable+%C2%BB+Top+Stories%29

4 Likes

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by Hiploko(m): 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by soberdrunk(m): 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
We will not tttttttttttttttttttttttttttaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeee iiiiiiiiitttttttttt!!! CCT is biased!!! angry angry sad Mr Danladi go to your office!!!........ angry angry

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by rusher14: 12:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
We wi not take it!!!

Usman is partial, Usman is prejudiced.

We wi not take it!!!

42 Likes

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by Mynd44: 12:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
Orubebe is officially the first convict.

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by bcomputer101: 12:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
Welcome to KUJE PRISON

16 Likes

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by thunder74(m): 12:19pm On Oct 04, 2016
Noted next
Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by seunmsg(m): 12:22pm On Oct 04, 2016
bcomputer101:
Welcome to KUJE PRISON

He was not sentenced to prison. He will only forfeit the property to the federal government.

61 Likes

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 04, 2016
Excellent! Now where are those lovers of corruption to go and 'unseize' the property and return it to him? IPOB clowns

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by saint047(m): 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2016
The first lesson of economics is scarcity. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics. - Thomas Sowell

16 Likes

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by arewafederation: 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2016
Globe16, one of your mentors has been convicted tongue

7 Likes

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by Izonpikin: 12:27pm On Oct 04, 2016
CCT clowns...freaking clowns... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 04, 2016
bcomputer101:
Welcome to KUJE PRISON
Unfortunately the CCT has no power to jail anyone, it can only seize property illegally acquired and recommend criminal prosecution. All the same its a good start

19 Likes

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 04, 2016
Izonpikin:
CCT clowns...freaking clowns... cheesy

So sayeth a lover of corruption and Niger delta terrorists. The futures of some of your Niger delta children were tied up on that piece of land you know?

22 Likes

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by Mujaheeeden: 12:33pm On Oct 04, 2016
bcomputer101:
Welcome to KUJE PRISON
CCT don't jail its convicts. Stop displaying ignorance on a public forum

10 Likes

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by Izonpikin: 12:37pm On Oct 04, 2016
kropotkin2:
So sayeth a lover of corruption and Niger delta terrorists. The futures of some of your Niger delta children were tied up on that piece of land you know?
no..you are the lover of corruption.. cheesy...I am not..you can call me a renegade if you may..you support your own corrupt people..has buhari declared his freaking assets??..

You think I want to waste my time with this administration hoping one day they really fight corruption..only a fool would do that..this administration is a sham..

Wayo... cheesy

Only zombies like you believe in the admin..

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 04, 2016
Izonpikin:
no..you are the lover of corruption.. cheesy...I am not..you can call me a renegade if you may..you support your own corrupt people..has buhari declared his freaking assets??..

You think I want to waste my time with this administration hoping one day they really fight corruption..only a fool would do that..this administration is a sham..

Wayo... cheesy

Only zombies like you believe in the admin..

Buhari has declared his 'freaking assets'. Our constitution does not allow anyone ascend to the presidency without doing so. Also as far as experience on nairaland shows, only Igbos and Niger delta terrorist sympathizers support their tribesmen on issues of corruption. You my friend are an unfortunate example

38 Likes

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by Rucheen(m): 12:53pm On Oct 04, 2016
Saraki >CCT > Orubebe

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by gebest: 1:07pm On Oct 04, 2016
Eyaah, but "WE WILL NOT TAKE IT"

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by AnglicanProphet: 1:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
PMB and his fight against opposition.

5 Likes

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by Lilimax(f): 1:16pm On Oct 04, 2016
Na today? Whatever happened to Saraki case embarassed
Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 04, 2016
Nonsense decision...where is Falana sef undecided

"‎I hereby seize, on behalf of the federal government, the property known as plot 2057,” he ruled. Hopeless decision. cry

Can the FG appeal this decision?
Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by Vicadonis(m): 1:26pm On Oct 04, 2016
Lolz... CCB dul* sha. Just one property seized and nothing more. So this is the only punishment Saraki may likely get too. Saraki is Senate president till 2019. All those Zombies go cry tire

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by Izonpikin: 1:34pm On Oct 04, 2016
kropotkin2:
Buhari has declared his 'freaking assets'. Our constitution does not allow anyone ascend the presidency without doing so. Also as far as experience on nairaland shows, only Igbos and Niger delta terrorist sympathizers support their tribesmen on issues of corruption. You my friend are an unfortunate example

And please what did he declare??..what and what??... cheesy

Oh...only Niger delta terrorists support their tribesmen ??..

Please where are you from if I may ask??...let's analyse you and your region and the band of thieves you've supported so far... cheesy

Deluded hypocrite...

17 Likes

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by Izonpikin: 1:35pm On Oct 04, 2016
Vicadonis:
Lolz... CCB dul* sha. Just one property seized and nothing more. So this is the only punishment Saraki may likely get too. Saraki is Senate president till 2019. All those Zombies go cry tire
grin...na mumu them be...fools them...running around the pages of news papers just to give deluded jejune minds like kropotkin2 hope.... grin

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by uchedydy: 1:39pm On Oct 04, 2016
Okpari
Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by gulfer: 1:48pm On Oct 04, 2016
CCB: We will not take it, it cannot happen grin grin grin grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by veekid(m): 1:57pm On Oct 04, 2016
I no just understand why person go Waka go wake trouble wey dey sleep Jejely on hn own

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by xpressTrade: 1:58pm On Oct 04, 2016
gbese re o

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by bligs: 1:58pm On Oct 04, 2016
APC on a mission to subdue all opposition voices, by 2019 there won't be any opposition again. cheesy abeg what's happening to Saraki's case with CCB?

4 Likes

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by Nneomah(f): 1:59pm On Oct 04, 2016
hahahaha.mr jega weve lost hope in you..
rusher14:
We wi not take it!!!

Usman is partial, Usman is prejudiced.

We wi not take it!!!

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal Finds Orubebe Guilty, Seizes His Property In Asokoro, Abuja by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 04, 2016
hmmm...All i care for is how i make my money, better the lives of those around me. For all i care all these politicians are playing a game of who serves my interest most

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review / Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill / Oshiomhole Picks Edo North Senatorial District Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.