Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,417 members, 7,808,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu (25944 Views)

Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants / Ganduje Has Already Lost 2019 Election, Kwankwaso Tells Tinubu / Fuel Scarcity: Don’t Blame Kachikwu For Your Party’s Woes, Okorie Tells Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 04, 2016
John Odigie-Oyegun, APC Chairman The Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, John Oyegun, has reacted to the call by a former Lagos governor and a leader of the party, Ahmed Tinubu, that he should resign.

Mr. Oyegun said the national chairman of a party cannot be removed on the pages of newspapers. He said Mr. Tinubu’s letter accusing him of highhandedness and being a mole in the party, was a “bit too harsh”, but said the two politicians merely had a “difference of opinion”.
Mr. Tinubu came down hard on Mr. Oyegun in a lengthy statement last week, accusing the party chairman of betrayal and fraud.

“Evidently, some errant members believe promises and vows are mere words to be easily spoken and more easily broken.

“Chairman John Oyegun has breached these good pledges in a most overt and brazen display,” Mr. Tinubu said. “In doing so, Oyegun has dealt a heavy blow to the very party he professes to lead. It is an awful parent who suffocates his own child for the sake of a few naira.”

Mr. Oyegun responded on Tuesday at the presidential villa after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari.

“The method of getting rid of a national chairman if that is what I will call it, are spelt out in the constitution. They don’t take place on the pages of newspapers,” Mr. Oyegun told journalists. He however insisted that there was no rift with Mr. Tinubu.

"We have differences of opinion, differences of perception and I think that is normal. Yes, I agree that the nature of the statement was a bit harsh,” he said. Asked whether the party would reverse its decision on the Ondo election primaries, since it was causing crisis in the party, Mr. Oyegun said, "It is only INEC that can make U-turn on Ondo”.

Mr. Tinubu had faulted Mr. Oyegun’s refusal to heed the recommendation of the party’s panel to cancel the Ondo primary that produced Rotimi Akeredolu as the party’s candidate. He called for Mr. Odigie-Oyegun’s resignation. Mr. Odigie-Oyegun, who refused to go into details of what happened in the Ondo primary, told journalists that the report was with the Jigawa State Governor, Badaru Abubakar, the chairman of the primaries committee.

The two party leaders had met on Monday at President Muhammadu Buhari’s book launch in Abuja. It was their first meeting since Mr. Tinubu issued the statement on Mr. Oyegun.

On allegations that he sponsored some youth who protested at the party’s headquarters against the alleged highhandedness of Mr. Tinubu, the APC national chairman said, “God forbid, anybody who knows me knows that that is not my style. I’m equally shocked and I’m going to look into it and find out why and who is behind it”.

Asked if the handshake and pleasantries shared with Mr. Tinubu at Buhari’s book launch were genuine, he replied, “Do they know how far back our association goes? Do they know that we were in the trenches together in the NADECO days? Why can’t people who have mutual respect for each other have different opinions? All we had was difference of opinions, yes it was expressed a bit harshly but that doesn’t remove the basic fact that we have worked together for a very long time”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/212002-apc-crisis-cant-remove-pages-newspaper-oyegun-tells-tinubu.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by Ikology(m): 7:39pm On Oct 04, 2016
Kikiki

3 Likes

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by houstonia(m): 7:39pm On Oct 04, 2016
I wasn't born in 1982 but with this current economic situation, I think 1982 just caught up with me. 82 baba I sight you

As this thing I dey double chance Tinubu sha. Oyegun fit get plans. Our people sey person wey Stand for center of road dey dance fit get another person wey dey play drum inside bush.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by ificatchmodeh: 7:44pm On Oct 04, 2016
Politicians.. cheesy
Oyegun tryin to downplay the onslaught..
grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by Tunami(m): 7:48pm On Oct 04, 2016
.Another blow for the wailing zombies. Anyway i dont care about apc or pdp. It's only the economy i care about.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by Chanchit: 7:54pm On Oct 04, 2016
#justpassingby
Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by jmichlins(m): 7:54pm On Oct 04, 2016
this party is just a mixture of particles that can never blend in no matter low or high temperature or pressure whatever

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by fulanimafia: 7:55pm On Oct 04, 2016
"Do they know that we were in the trenches together in the NADECO days? Why can’t people who have mutual respect for each other have different opinions?

All we had was difference of opinions, yes it was expressed a bit harshly but that doesn’t remove the basic fact that we have worked together for a very long time” - OYEGUN

We have now heard the actual reality straight from the horses mouth.

Nobody has sidelined Jagaban. From FFK to Aribasala to NL resident flatrons, all the suckers walloped by Tinubu and Buhari's 2015 hurricane which swept away their corrupt hero are now desperately trying to create an impression of disharmony between the President, Tinubu and Oyegun grin

I must however commend Oyegun for his matured response to Tinubu's missiles. The Jagaban is bound to accept the olive branch in no time...all's well that ends well.

I laugh and stand with PMB and Jagaban. cool

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by femolacqua(m): 8:23pm On Oct 04, 2016
This could just be the beginning of another episode.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 04, 2016
So after Tinubu's noise the nomination of Akeredolu will not be reversed, and Oyegun will still remain Party Chairman. Double blow for Jagaban. undecided

It is interesting how Buhari has steadfastly kept silent while allowing his boys (el rufai, amaechi et all) deal ruthlessly with Tinubu at every turn. Buhari does not even act as if he knows that Tinubu is being cut to size on all fronts. grin

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by GoggleB(m): 8:39pm On Oct 04, 2016
Thought they said they are resolving their issues..

APC is just full of liars and clueless people..

Stoopid party..

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by obinoral1179(m): 8:49pm On Oct 04, 2016
houstonia:
I wasn't born in 1982 but with this current economic situation, I think 1982 just caught up with me. 82 baba I sight you

As this thing I dey double chance Tinubu sha. Oyegun fit get plans. Our people sey person wey Stand for center of road dey dance fit get another person wey dey play drum inside bush.
Now that we all know your age, clap for Yourself.

9 Likes

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by houstonia(m): 8:58pm On Oct 04, 2016
obinoral1179:
Now that will all know your age, clap for Yourself.

now that we all know your school clap for yourself. Will ko Smith ni

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by fulanimafia: 9:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by RZArecta(m): 9:35pm On Oct 04, 2016
Whether anybody likes Tinubu or not, Oyegun can't deny receiving millions of naira in bribe from Seriake Dickson to subvert APC's Bayelsa state primaries in favour of Timipre Sylva. I've never seen where someone bought a gun just to shoot himself in the foot just the way APC did grin I mean they had Bayelsa on a platter of gold just for that he goat Oyegun to sell out for a bowl of porridge.... Fackin hell cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by joeprince23(m): 9:51pm On Oct 04, 2016
For those with comprehension problem what oyegun said is, akeredolus candidacy will not be reversed and secondly he will not resign as APC chair. Forget his soft diplomatic language,he actually ridiculed and smacked TINUBU right in the face

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by Mc4larin: 9:57pm On Oct 04, 2016
Round 2.... Fight!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by lielbree: 10:00pm On Oct 04, 2016
The battle line has been drawn!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by steppin: 10:02pm On Oct 04, 2016
fulanimafia:
"Do they know that we were in the trenches together in the NADECO days?
Why can’t people who have mutual respect for each other have different opinions?
All we had was difference of opinions, yes it was expressed a bit harshly but that doesn’t remove the basic fact that we have worked together for a very long time” - OYEGUN

We have now heard the actual reality straight from the horses mouth.
Nobody has sidelined Jagaban. From FFK to Aribasala to NL resident flatrons, all the suckers walloped by Tinubu and Buhari's 2015 hurricane which swept away their corrupt hero are now desperately trying to create an impression of disharmony between the President, Tinubu and Oyegun grin
I must however commend Oyegun for his matured response to Tinubu's missiles. The Jagaban is bound to accept the olive branch in no time...all's well that ends well.
I laugh and stand with PMB and Jagaban. cool
Here we go again! Another pile of crap!
He who is beaten, remains beaten.

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by appini: 10:02pm On Oct 04, 2016
Azzidi
Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by BrutalJab: 10:04pm On Oct 04, 2016
I support anything that will divide these set of miscreants that brought this clueless government into power.

I remembered when PDP were having crisis, APC and their zombies were laughing and whining.

Its their turn grin.

Playing Turn by Turn-Karma.

Aresa, Hungerbad, Madridguy, Omenka, NgeneUkwene, Passingshot,Dropshot, Mrkayusfit, seunmsg, Sarki. e.t.c. Whayasay
Who una dey follow stand

I stand with PMP/Oyegun grin

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by chumada: 10:04pm On Oct 04, 2016
cheesy grin
Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by FagsamPHP(m): 10:06pm On Oct 04, 2016
Summary is "Nobody can remove me as National Chairman not even tinubu & Ondo's primary wont be reversed" - Oyegun....

Tinubu 1 vs 1 Oyegun

patiently waiting for second round

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by DIKEnaWAR: 10:09pm On Oct 04, 2016
grin grin

Do you know what this man just told Tinubu?

"If you think you are as powerful as you claim, come to the NWC and try to remove me as party chair. You know the procedure. Stop ranting on the pages of newspapers like a biish".

This is coming after his meeting with Buhari who assured him to "forget that one. He thinks he can cage you like he had been doing to others. Please, Mr c/man, you have a job to do and don't concern yourself with people who have no job."

Funny enough, Tinubu is not even a member of the APC NWC. He is just a 'National Leader'. He has no vote when it comes to voting on Oyegun's removal. Oyegun is just taunting him like your younger one does from the safe confines of your mother's lap(after she has warned you never to beat him in her presence).

So much for a master strategist. Are we not really paying this men more attention than they deserve? Buhari's Presidency has succeeded in showing one thing: Many Nigerians are not as smart as we thought and they are cowards.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by shugaboy6102(m): 10:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
This old people are really playing with us in this nation. Just imagine how they are fighting in public.I keep saying it that this is not about Pdp or Apc but about Nigeria and the day we all play Nigeria first that's wen the real change will come Pls tell Buhari to fix the economy and stop fighting pls

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by italianjob(m): 10:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
tinubu and oyegun
Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by ificatchmodeh: 10:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
RZArecta:
Whether anybody likes Tinubu or not, Oyegun can't deny receiving millions of naira in bribe from Seriake Dickson to subvert APC's Bayelsa state primaries in favour of Timipre Sylva. I've never seen where someone bought a gun just to shoot himself in the foot just the way APC did grin I mean they had Bayelsa on a platter of gold just for that he goat Oyegun to sell out for a bowl of porridge.... Fackin hell cheesy

My friend,which bayelsa..
Apc lost bayelsa immediately sylva became flag bearer..
Alaibe..for sure..
Apc only wasted money there..imagine tinubu coming to bayelsa to rig election..belike you know dey town dat year..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by daniska3yaro(m): 10:14pm On Oct 04, 2016
Gan gan gan
Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by Emma5097: 10:15pm On Oct 04, 2016

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by mejai(m): 10:20pm On Oct 04, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:
Lol
nwanne, Kamu soro gi chia ochi nka. kedu ife gbasara agbero na overload. internal destruction and combustion loading in APC. someone said in one thread dat tinubu only contributed A.. in APC. naija get mouth o.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by bonechamberlain(m): 10:21pm On Oct 04, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:
grin grin

Do you know what this man just told Tinubu?

"If you think you are as powerful as you claim, come to the NWC and try to remove me as party chair".

This is coming after his meeting with Buhari who assured him to "forget that one. He thinks he can cage you like he had been doing to others"

Funny enough, Tinubu is not even a member of the APC NWC. He is just a 'National Leader'.

So much for a master strategist. Are we not really paying this men more attention than they deserve? Buhari's Presidency has succeeded in showing one thing: that many Nigerians are not as smart as we thought. The others are cowards.
exactly

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu by kobikwelu(m): 10:29pm On Oct 04, 2016
The past year has taught us something about Tinubu....

He is a local champion...aka amala and gbegiri politics...

That was how he huffed and puffed about Sariki.....even people on here said Sariki's days were numbered...well, its been a year and its no longer an issue...

Regional politics is checkers while national politics is chess.....

27 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NASS Invasion: Arrest Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Akpabio, Others - Arewa Youth Tells FG / "Shame On The North" - Pastor Sarah Omakhu Blasts Northern Leaders / Dr. Maduka Storms Grand Reception Of Nwobu, Anambra PDP Chairman In Awka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.