Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern (4029 Views)

My Conversation With Google Allo Robot / WOW!! Check Out This Cool Stuff You Can Do With GOOGLE ALLO / Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by slinkman(m): 9:23pm On Oct 04, 2016
After hitting 5 million downloads and #8 in the Top Charts just under a week ago, Allo is now falling fast. As of writing this, it is the 70th on the Google Store top charts, but was 86th about 7hours ago and got to 75th a few hours ago, but just few minutes ago it some somehow finds it way to #70. This probably shows that after millions of users downloading it during the initial release and hype period, that has now passed and the number of downloads has fallen dramatically.
As you can probably infer, this is most likely not good for Allo's adoption rates. Looking at my personal contacts list, I have 19 contacts who have set up an account and only 2 out of them chat, not to compare with 250+ phone numbers I have on my phone and WhatsApp Messenger. (As for Allo's sibling, Duo, I have a grand total of 0 on there before uninstalling it, and that's an Android developer.) Even out of my friends, nobody has been interested in downloading or using either, despite me being persuasive and telling them to have it installed on their devices.

What does this show? I'm not really sure. It's going to take time for Allo and Duo to penetrate the market, but I'm worried it's a case of 'too little, too late' for Google. It doesn't help that the two apps are only available on phones, and can not be used either on the web or as a desktop app. Either way, Allo was going to fall out of the Top Charts at some point, but it's somewhat disappointing to see it falling quite so fast.

My guess is that those 5million signed up users only installed it to see if it can actually take the place of other Instant Messaging App.

Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by ritababe(f): 10:07pm On Oct 04, 2016
I download it and later remove it, i don't like it.
Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 04, 2016
Its just a matter of time. they came at a time when there are already too many instant messenger and social apps. Facebook, Twitter, whatsapp, snapchat etc have been aroud for a long time. Facebook and whatsapp have over 1 billion downloads. Twitter and Skype have 500 million. Then there are apps like pandora, spotify, Netflix, Uber, Kik, Amazon, etc that have over 100 million downloads. It will take some time for google Allo to get up there, a lot of people don't even know such ap exist, I mean how many instant messaging apps do u need to have on ur phone?

3 Likes

Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by slinkman(m): 11:26pm On Oct 04, 2016
greenhulk:
Its just a matter of time. they came at a time when there are already too many instant messenger and social apps. Facebook, Twitter, whatsapp, snapchat etc have been aroud for a long time. Facebook and whatsapp have over 1 billion downloads. Twitter and Skype have 500 million. Then there are apps like pandora, spotify, Netflix, Uber, Kik, Amazon, etc that have over 100 million downloads. It will take some time for google Allo to get up there, a lot of people don't even know such ap exist, I mean how many instant messaging apps do u need to have on ur phone?
exactly my point, confused when people scream it is a Whatsapp and iMessage killer.
Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 04, 2016
Its a matter of time. Who can remember how WHATSAPP started when we had yahoo messenger. But with time people started accepting it same will apply to allo app.IMO is gaining ground already especially because of the video calls.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by debayun(m): 11:52pm On Oct 04, 2016
I just downloaded it and I love it. Its the best out there no doubt
Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by chumakk: 11:55pm On Oct 04, 2016
I can't use it on my phone but whatsapp is working so allo is not ready for people who will use it-the masses
Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by Koleman(m): 12:12am On Oct 05, 2016
If they really wanna challenge whatsapp there's only one market strategy and thats to be available where whatsapp is absent. By december whatsapp will no long work on non android phones. Allo should incorporate all models of phones including java and i promise them success.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by Tunechi1(m): 12:52am On Oct 05, 2016
Koleman:
If they really wanna challenge whatsapp there's only one market strategy and thats to be available where whatsapp is absent. By december whatsapp will no long work on non android phones. Allo should incorporate all models of phones including java and i promise them success.
you promise?

1 Like

Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by OgidiOlu3(m): 2:42am On Oct 05, 2016
asuustrike2009:
Its a matter of time. Who can remember how WHATSAPP started when we had yahoo messenger. But with time people started accepting it same will apply to allo app.IMO is gaining ground already especially because of the video calls.
Not just that. It's because it works well even on an average network speed and you can do a conference video call of up to four people plus it's not a heavy app.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by mccoy47(m): 7:10am On Oct 05, 2016
Downloaded it too. But still haven't used it much. Dat virtual PA on allo seems dumb! angry

She cannot answer simple question correctly
Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by Thollu01(m): 7:48am On Oct 05, 2016
```Gionee M6 Mini Full Specs and Price in Nigeria```

http://www.xtremetechhub.com/2016/10/gionee-m6-mini-full-specs-and-price-in.html?m=1

```Glo Unveils 4G Network In Nigeria, Now in 9 different Cities```

http://www.xtremetechhub.com/2016/10/glo-unveils-4g-network-in-nigeria-now.html?m=1
Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by slinkman(m): 7:53am On Oct 05, 2016
Koleman:
not even that, they need to incorporate the allo app and implement it in such a way that users would be forced to use it..
Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 05, 2016
OgidiOlu3:

Not just that. It's because it works well even on an average network speed and you can do a conference video call of up to four people plus it's not a heavy app.
Yeah
Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by ifyeez: 9:26am On Oct 05, 2016
Google Allo is here to bench Whatsapp just like how Whatsapp Benched BBM. Am already on it, bliv me it's awesome. You can chat with the google Assistant nd they knw how to keep conversation unlike our boring Nigerian babes, always no gist.

1 Like

Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by abumeinben(m): 9:32am On Oct 05, 2016
debayun:
I just downloaded it and I love it. Its the best out there no doubt
I pray you'll have thr data to redownload when later bro. when WhatsApp started, I hated it, back then it was Nimbuzz(of blessed memory).

Allo is Google product, they'll push it like Kenny's music pushing their artists

2 Likes

Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 05, 2016
abumeinben:

I pray you'll have thr data to redownload when later bro. when WhatsApp started, I hated it, back then it was Nimbuzz(of blessed memory).

Allo is Google product, they'll push it like Kenny's music pushing their artists

I'm sure google will push it but it but just because it is made by google doesn't guarantee it would be a success. A good example is google plus... google invested a lot to make google plus popular but it was a failure. I don't know too many people that use google plus. Same thing with hangouts which not too many people use. I want Allo to be a success but only time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by idu1(m): 9:46am On Oct 05, 2016
ritababe:
I download it and later remove it, i don't like it.
Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by abumeinben(m): 9:48am On Oct 05, 2016
greenhulk:

I'm sure google will push it but it but just because it is made by google doesn't guarantee it would be a success. A good example is google plus... google invested a lot to make google plus popular but it was a failure. I don't know too many people that use google plus. Same thing with hangouts which not too many people use. I want Allo to be a success but only time will tell.

Bro, Google plus was a successful failure because it was data consuming, loaded like a browser, too many interfaces and confusing complexities.

But allo is just as simple as WhatsApp, but with a bot intelligence...its easier to chat ask the bot questions than to google search, that's one feature I'm cool with.
Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 05, 2016
abumeinben:

Bro, Google plus was a successful failure because it was data consuming, loaded like a browser, too many interfaces and confusing complexities.

But allo is just as simple as WhatsApp, but with a bot intelligence...its easier to chat ask the bot questions than to google search, that's one feature I'm cool with.

Google plus is not as data comsuming as facebook which is not only data cosuming but also a battery hog. Google plus is not as data cosuming as instagram.

what about hangouts, google buzz and google wave that are failed projects.
Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by Darkseid(m): 10:28am On Oct 05, 2016
I still remember when I first installed whatsapp in 2010, for over 6 months I had no friend to chat with and had to uninstall it. I think it should be given more time.
Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by dasphinx1(m): 10:31am On Oct 05, 2016
Koleman:

and what makes you think some android phones are not included in whatsapp's action? Even some iphones are included....
Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by queenfav(f): 10:35am On Oct 05, 2016
I downloaded it,uninstalled the next day..One word, crap!

2 Likes

Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by Walexz02(m): 11:01am On Oct 05, 2016
What's the purpose of this thread as well as your long epistle?
Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by abumeinben(m): 1:57pm On Oct 05, 2016
greenhulk:

Google plus is not as data comsuming as facebook which is not only data cosuming but also a battery hog. Google plus is not as data cosuming as instagram.

what about hangouts, google buzz and google wave that are failed projects.

compared to chatting apps like facebook messenger, google plus is a data sipper.
Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 05, 2016
abumeinben:

compared to chatting apps like facebook messenger, google plus is a data sipper.

Google plus is not just a chatting app.. it is a social media app just like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Facebook and Instagram use more data than google plus. Facebook Messenger was introduced to make instant messages easier on facebook as the main app was not just eating too much data but also consumes too much battery.
Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by timbros(m): 3:11pm On Oct 05, 2016
Give Allo time. Im cery sure it will be a success.

Google (and other manufacturers) just need to pre install it in their future devices. Google Pixel and Pixel XL already have it pre installed.

If the average android user have it pre installed in his/her phone, tell me how it won't become popular.

Just give it time.

1 Like

Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by slinkman(m): 3:34pm On Oct 05, 2016
If you like, give this app from now till 2019, nothing really will change, their are tons of social apps still hoping that one day they will be the king.. telegram, nimbuzz, hi5 and a ton of others. Even if Google implements this allo into phones by default, users would still download whatsapp on that same phone and continue their chat with their friends, Google is just wasting time in trying to make social chat apps with no game changing feature so users don't even have any need for it. Google should ignore this Allo nonsense of a failure they are about going into, and work on more resourceful things that would make them king on that lane.. they were simply too late to the social chat app world
Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by barackodam: 5:15pm On Oct 05, 2016
abumeinben:

shocked

Brother why sad cry
Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 05, 2016
timbros:
Give Allo time. Im cery sure it will be a success.

Google (and other manufacturers) just need to pre install it in their future devices. Google Pixel and Pixel XL already have it pre installed.

If the average android user have it pre installed in his/her phone, tell me how it won't become popular.

Just give it time.

U mean like samsung pre installed chaton on their phones and nobody used it? Or like Google tried to push google plus on their Nexus and still failed. Allo os nice but not guaranteed it will be successful.
Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by abumeinben(m): 6:40pm On Oct 05, 2016
barackodam:

shocked

Brother why sad cry

grin
Nor vex
Re: Google Allo Rank On The Playstore Is Really A Matter Of Concern by timbros(m): 7:55pm On Oct 05, 2016
greenhulk:

U mean like samsung pre installed chaton on their phones and nobody used it? Or like Google tried to push google plus on their Nexus and still failed. Allo os nice but not guaranteed it will be successful.

With the Whatsapp comparison surrounding Allo, people will definitely use it if pre installed in their devices.

Allo is nothing like ChatON or Google+.

Whatsapp thrived when BBM was the in thing. At a point (even now), people use both apps simultaneously. Now that BBM is going down, people can easily use Whatsapp and Allo as primary instant messaging apps.

I'm not saying 100% that Allo will succeed, but with the look of things, it will.

(1) (2) (Reply)

[video] Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 - My Experience After 4 Days / What's This Thing That Appeared On My Phone? / What Madness Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.