Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

My Life As A Teacher. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Life As A Teacher. (52547 Views)

My Life As A Teacher. / Why Did You Become A Teacher / How To Become Practically Indispensable As A Teacher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by yetseyi(f): 1:58pm On Oct 07, 2016
yemiosinbajo:

I don't have to argue with you 'cos you are not the OP. Just let her challenge me directly. If she can write only ten lines in challenging me, I'll call you. Then you'll observe the difference in style of writing.
Of course she slightly employed the Nigerian style by adding 'o' to the end of her sentence and using 'wahala', but I can assure you that she simply edited this work to make it look like hers. As a freelance writer, I know what I'm saying. Core Nigerians don't write this way, and this is in fact not a Nigerian sch.
You may pick the lessons from her write-up and leave it at that.

I am also not quarreling or arguing with you,I am really not interested in proving if her write up is real or not that is not my point.You made an assertion, I asked a question based on what you said, you mentioned three words and made it sound like Nigerians don't use those words.

yemiosinbajo:

Of course Nigerians use those words, but if you extensively studied Literature or Creative Arts, you'd observe that certain dictions are not peculiar to full Nigerians. Also, there's something known as setting, the setting she describes here is not of the typical Nigerian school; not even one that belongs to the elite.

The bolded has answered my questions, yeah certain dictions are not peculiar to us but not mullato, afro and mom especially afro and mullato which you specifically pointed out see your post below, yes the setting is not a typical Nigerian school but there are international Schools in Nigeria with that setting.Anyway, I do agree with you that the style does'nt look Nigerian but that does'nt mean a Nigerian cant write with that style.

yemiosinbajo:

I don't think she copied it from there, but I'm hundred percent sure this write-up is not originally hers, unless she is a foreigner. Observe her use of words, "mulatto", "afro", "mom", etc. Even observe the names mentioned! Experienced people know she's describing a foreign primary school here.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2016
See them, liars
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by stephmike(m): 2:08pm On Oct 07, 2016
Even those pry 3 isn't easy to teach. let alone 2-3 years old to handle. May God help us teachers.

2 Likes

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by fpeter(f): 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2016
Wooow! you're so lucky to be in the midst of those angesl... I love them so much with their cherubic faces.
I think toddlers are the loveliest people to be around, they're full of energy and always ready to explore their
environments. I LOVE THEM kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by fpeter(f): 2:37pm On Oct 07, 2016
Onegai:
Zaynie, how can you like ages 4-5, that's the worst group ever! grin I never taught but I used to volunteer and that age group never sat still, during Story Time, they were climbing my back to plait my hair and fidgetting constantly ("Charlie pushed me, Nneka is sitting too close, I want to pee, Toyin's leg is touching my own"wink

My friend taught kids and she said they would call her attention and then report that "so and so is looking at me" at a point when she
got exasperated she would say to them...'You too look at him/her'....when did looking become a crime?? cheesy grin I so love children. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 07, 2016
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 07, 2016
yemiosinbajo:

Of course Nigerians use those words, but if you extensively studied Literature or Creative Arts, you'd observe that certain dictions are not peculiar to full Nigerians. Also, there's something known as setting, the setting she describes here is not of the typical Nigerian school; not even one that belongs to the elite.

Mr Man something is wrong with you. I follow Zaynie's diary and its not above her to write compositions like these, stop being ignorant and enlighten yourself. She teaches in a posh school so children of the elite class and half-caste children aka mulattos attend such schools, deal with it and kindly stop constituting a nuisance and claiming to know it all because you dont know nothing undecided

13 Likes

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by yemiosinbajo: 3:22pm On Oct 07, 2016
skarlett:

Mr Man something is wrong with you. I follow Zaynie's diary and its not above her to write compositions like these, stop being ignorant and enlighten yourself. She teaches in a posh school so children of the elite class and half-caste children aka mulattos attend such schools, deal with it and kindly stop constituting a nuisance and claiming to know it all because you dont know nothing undecided

I don't usually insult insult people online, otherwise I know what I would have done considering the first sentence in your comment. But you'll meet your waterloo someday when you interfere in any discourse that is not your business, especially after you must have referred to an infuriated soul as ''half-caste''.

5 Likes

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 07, 2016
ibroh22:
Am in class now,looking at my pupils,,,I just wonder why I don't have all those that are brilliant in my class and those dullards in another school,,,,less worry,less shouting,less repetition of what you have taught them before................

Don't feel that way; Every class has "slow" learners.

She just choose not to talk about the negative. smiley
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by rezzy: 3:33pm On Oct 07, 2016
She writes well, I follow her diary.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by rezzy: 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2016
telim:
She copied everything word for word. Check out these screenshot.

I didn't find her writings there. Mr Google man
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by abimbawealth(f): 3:46pm On Oct 07, 2016
Some peeps sha with their mentality... lipsrsealed

Zaynie ma'am, well done

1 Like

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by teacherbim(f): 3:47pm On Oct 07, 2016
soberdrunk:
A teacher's reward is in heaven............. grin grin
d

That was then
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by teacherbim(f): 3:50pm On Oct 07, 2016
Onegai:
Zaynie, how can you like ages 4-5, that's the worst group ever! grin I never taught but I used to volunteer and that age group never sat still, during Story Time, they were climbing my back to plait my hair and fidgetting constantly ("Charlie pushed me, Nneka is sitting too close, I want to pee, Toyin's leg is touching my own"wink

Lol,so what about the 2-3,Busy Bees
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Onegai(f): 4:02pm On Oct 07, 2016
fpeter:

My friend taught kids and she said they would call her attention and then report the "so and so is looking at me" at a point when she exasperated she would say to the..You too look at him/her....when did looking become a crime?? cheesy grin I so love children.

I just don't understand why it pains them so much grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by DesChyko: 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2016
Had the opportunity to teach Primary level when I was serving at Delta State.
We were only three corpers for the entire Primary and Secondary levels. The Government-employed teachers keep away from the institutions and visit once in a while.

The toughest class to handle was Primary 1 which is the lowest level. Due to lack of Pre-primary classes, the whole lot is there from 2 year-olds to 6 year-olds.

One key lesson I learnt there is that for that level, every order and instruction has an expiry of 15 seconds, after which it should be repeated.

Anf it takes only a smile from me to turn the entire class upside down. So, I practically maintain a statuesque face in the classroom.

So sad to hear that all that endeavour were put to waste by the corpers who came after us. Word is; all the students we gathered together while resurrecting the school have been disbanded due to poor attitude to work of our successors.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by rofemiguwa(f): 4:28pm On Oct 07, 2016
telim:
She copied everything word for word. Check out these screenshot.
u r evil.
U photoshopped those words and screen muched it jus to discredit her.
I have run dose words in google and only nairaland keeps showing up.i have also go directly to d page and there is nothing like that on the page.
Ur kind can kill.

I just couldn't hold it.
U n that yemiosibanjo guy are bunch of ...........

Okbye.
Lemme not hear zaynie name for ur mouth again.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by kannyt01(m): 4:30pm On Oct 07, 2016
zaynie:
So I've been teaching for more than half of my life and I love it.
I've taught adults to read, can be hair pulling tho.
I've taught 8 year olds. They are the easiest to get along with.
I've taught secondary students, I'm never doing that again! The pranks, the attitude, the gossip, the challenging your authority......
I've taught 4-5year olds and they are the best! Innocent, obedient and pure. They tend to regard me like a 'god'. To them..... I know it all. I am perfect.

Now, I teach 2-3 year olds and my life is hell!
A funny kind of hell tho.
Sometimes I feel when they leave their houses in the morning, their only intention is to finish me before closing.
Sometimes I smack myself in the head and say Zaynie... what pushed you to go this low!
They repeat whatever you say!
You call out to them and they grin at you while running from you, expecting you to give chase.
They spend forever in the bathroom, one hand wash bottle per day is what we use up. I wasn't surprised when the basin quit after 1 week..... culprit was paper towels.
Just when you are serious to work, they find a neat excuse to leave your side..... I need to peepee, I want water....failure to comply; wet clothes from peepee or ear piercing screeches of "water! " angry
They take your name, muddle it up till even you cannot recognize it..... Ms Zainab is MeJaina, Ms Vic is MicVic.

And today, after I finished feeding Banky.... he said "Thank you my baby MeJaina" . Me! Baby!
Dara doesn't like eating by herself cos she doesn't like using her fingers! She will point to you, point to the food ( even specify the particular one she wants) then she will open her mouth and point to it.
Like seriously, how lazy can a child get cheesy

Right now, I hate my job when I am at work but love it once I get home and remember all the naughty things they did.

Gotta go now.

YOU JUST GOTTA KEEP PLAYING THEM TO LEARN.....
ALL THE SAME FUN FILLED MEMOS AS EACH DAY PASSESBY
ENJOY DEAR.

1 Like

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by vikkeee(m): 4:33pm On Oct 07, 2016
yemiosinbajo:

I know they will scold you, but you made an important point. This is not an original piece. She could have copied it from a book rather than online. Why can't she challenge us!!
And why should she? My people say when a mad man is dancing and you join him to dance, people passing will term both of you mad

2 Likes

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Damianbrown(m): 4:50pm On Oct 07, 2016
Y u asking him such question again?, he has said it already, except u want a repeatation from him
Alphacrissy:

Please don't tell me you're a teacher!
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by yemiosinbajo: 5:28pm On Oct 07, 2016
vikkeee:

And why should she? My people say when a mad man is dancing and you join him to dance, people passing will term both of you mad

Now another mad man has joined us.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by anochuko01(m): 5:34pm On Oct 07, 2016
Nice one OP. weldone!
I just intentionally act strict towards my JSS students...if not, they're ready to frustrate my entire life.
As for my SSS students....I plead with them, encourage, and when they seem to be sturbon, I just face the few ones who concentrate. Teaching is sweet but stressful.

3 Likes

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by iomoge2(f): 5:37pm On Oct 07, 2016
yemiosinbajo:

I don't usually insult insult people online, otherwise I know what I would have done considering the first sentence in your comment. But you'll meet your waterloo someday when you interfere in any discourse that is not your business, especially after you must have referred to an infuriated soul as ''half-caste''.

A school where you teach 2-3 years old and is paid as high as you were paid teaching secondary school
ARE ALL SCHOOLS ON THE SAME LEVEL?

Some of you guys on NL dont want to see anything good in anyone. U think every1 is on ur pathetic level.

Yemiosibanjo and friend... go and read Zaynie s post n see.
If you can read 100 post backwards.
Her advise and all
She writes like she is talking to you...like a true teacher. Her words sink in.
She is gifted and detailed.
All the mulatto n afro u r talking of are usual words used by people who stay or work with such pips.
You want her to say oyibo pepper b4 u believe she is real

Abeg swerve joor.

@Zaynie.... please ignore this attention seeking overfed things and keep up your work.

Thats why i love dairy section.... they will just shut up n move on.
See them trying to spoil this tread

Its not y'al fault.... i blame techno.

13 Likes

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by iomoge2(f): 5:41pm On Oct 07, 2016
Yetseyi....

Please carry Yemiosibanjo and leave this thread... 2 of u please.

How am i sure its not the same person sef.

Mscheeeewwwwww.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by telim: 5:42pm On Oct 07, 2016
rofemiguwa:
u r evil.
U photoshopped those words and screen muched it jus to discredit her.
I have run dose words in google and only nairaland keeps showing up.i have also go directly to d page and there is nothing like that on the page.
Ur kind can kill.

I just couldn't hold it.
U n that yemiosibanjo guy are bunch of ...........

Okbye.
Lemme not hear zaynie name for ur mouth again.

haha you are too funny sister.. I have nothing against her but she copied everything word to word.
Let Op disprove my claims by just quoting my comments and I will provide the archive of her contents from waybackmachine. The content was submitted online in Oct 2010

1 Like

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by telim: 5:44pm On Oct 07, 2016
blank:

Can you look at your screenshot and then go the link itself to see that those words are not here at all.

If you actually know how to use Google on mobile, it will show you the words you are searching for at the end of the page. It was a coincidence that the link was the last search link before it. Now, i am really scared at the quality of education in Nigeria.

The screenshots proves that the content was once cached from that link and index on SERP (search engine page rank). Am not interested in searching the contents on that link since there is a prove that the content op posted as once being cached and indexed on SERP. You will have to read Google documentation on how SERP index and cach contents for further verification.
The content does not exist on that page because the page that contains the actual content that was once cached and indexed on SERP does not exist which is due to several factors and instead of directing you to 404 error page the admi of the site redirected the cached link to a page within its domain to atleast earn from ad impression. This is basic Gray/black hat SEO technique that as proven to be effective in increasing revenue through ad impression.

Op copied her content online and there is a valid evidence that the same content was cached and indexed online in Oct 2010 by SERP. Let are disprove my claims and I will dig out the content from waybackmachine archive,

Being educated in Nigeria or not as nothing to do with how Google SERP treat contents. Learning SEO is an art that is handled by professional SEO tutors on Lynda, tutplus etc and not universities were students are encouraged to cram and graduate with a good grade and have little to nothing up stairs only to be employed and be paid monthly stipends as salary.
I live in peace
proudly IMer and a bot developer.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by vikkeee(m): 6:27pm On Oct 07, 2016
yemiosinbajo:

Now another mad man has joined us.
dude its ok to be daft....but don't go around showcasing it on nairaland. I pray help comes your way soon

1 Like

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by KELVIN086: 6:29pm On Oct 07, 2016
Teaching is very fun and interesting , you get to see children do the same things you also did while young.
But what's not interesting is their salary. It's not just in nigeria teachers are underpaid , but all around the world.
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by yemiosinbajo: 6:34pm On Oct 07, 2016
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by rezzy: 6:56pm On Oct 07, 2016
telim:

The screenshots proves that the content was once cached from that link and index on SERP (search engine page rank). Am not interested in searching the contents on that link since there is a prove that the content op posted as once being cached and indexed on SERP. You will have to read Google documentation on how SERP index and cach contents for further verification.
The content does not exist on that page because the page that contains the actual content that was once cached and indexed on SERP does not exist which is due to several factors and instead of directing you to 404 error page the admi of the site redirected the cached link to a page within its domain to atleast earn from ad impression. This is basic Gray/black hat SEO technique that as proven to be effective in increasing revenue through ad impression.

Op copied her content online and there is a valid evidence that the same content was cached and indexed online in Oct 2010 by SERP. Let are disprove my claims and I will dig out the content from waybackmachine archive,

Being educated in Nigeria or not as nothing to do with how Google SERP treat contents. Learning SEO is an art that is handled by professional SEO tutors on Lynda, tutplus etc and not universities were students are encouraged to cram and graduate with a good grade and have little to nothing up stairs only to be employed and be paid monthly stipends as salary.
I live in peace
proudly IMer and a bot developer.

I can't fit to understand to all you wrote ooo, i. e cache, SERP and their younger brothers. Just show us. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Life As A Teacher. by Eminya(f): 7:14pm On Oct 07, 2016
Zaynie writes very well and she gives a detail description of whatever she is talking about, so all you haters swerve out of this post.

4 Likes

Re: My Life As A Teacher. by vikkeee(m): 7:15pm On Oct 07, 2016
[quote author=yemiosinbajo post=50005040]

lmao, you kicked yourself in the leg and I exposed your folly, so why are you exasperated? Since you said joining us would mean she's mad, yet you joined...... Blame logic, not me.[/quot]
You don't understand. You really never understood. Am done trying to make u sensible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

I Am A Virgin And My Boss Wants To Have Sex With Me / KPMG: My Temp Experience / Salary Structure In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.