Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Alex's Life - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Alex's Life (3088 Views)

If You Are Not Ready To Trade, Kindly Forget About The Goal - Alex Ayo Afolabi / Maybe We Have To Get A Little Messed Up Before We Can Step Up: Alex Karev, / One Wrong Turn A Story By Alex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 10:49pm On Oct 04, 2016
[b]WARNING
THIS STORY SHOULD NOT BE REPRODUCED IN ANY FORM WITHOUT THE AUTHOR'S CONSENT.

THIS IS A PRODUCT OF SHITTU HABIB AND IS TOTALLY A FICTION.

CHAPTER 1
*FLASHBACK*
ALEX
He wailed continuosly 'dad, not you. Please don't go, stay with me.' He shook his father's body repeatedly but got no response. There was no one to restrain him. His father just died of cancer right in his front and he couldn't do anything about it. The 17 years old Alex had really gone through a lot in life. His mother died at his birth. Due to the incident, his father hated him from birth blaming him for the death of the person he loved the most, then started drinking. At secondary school, he was maltreated by the teachers, ignored by his mates. There was noone to talk to, noone to lean on when distressed, noone to call a friend. The father he grew up to care about despite being a drunkard who hated him is also now dead. He wiped his tears away with his arm then flexed his knuckles and made a decision. That decision will forever affect his life.[/b]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 11:44pm On Oct 04, 2016
I tried to give another update but was wiped out. Till tomorrow, anybody reading. I'll update at least 4 times in 5 days.
Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 5:35am On Oct 05, 2016
[b]*THE PRESENT*
It was a bright night with the half-moon fully out somewhere in the city of Ib. Kola and his wife, Sandra were walking back home holding hands with their 6 years old daughter bouncing happilly between the two after taking a walk in a park near their home to mark their eight wedding anniversary as was their practice annually. They got home, noticing the front light off with the rest on.

Kola hesitated a bit before saying; 'i can remember switching on all lights before we went out, so why is this not on now?'

'It may be that the bulb is deficient. We've not replaced it for a long time. Let's go in, darling,' replied Sandra.

.Kola shrugged and inserted the key into the door's lock unlocking it. As he turned the knob and pushed the door opened, something hard was rammed into his skull causing him to black out instantly. He regained consciousness to muffled crying from behind him. His hazy brain cleared immediately recognising his wife and daughter silent cries. He tried to stand up but couldn't. His hands were tied together and a rope bound him, his wife and daughter together tightly. His mouth had been taped also. He resigned to fate with tears streaming down his face. His fear doubled when he saw the perpetrator some metres away brandishing a knife. He wore black all through with his face hidden behind a mask. He was not too tall and looks young. The perpetrator brought out a note and wrote some things down, then came over to him, slashing his throat with the knife. His eyes widened as his already swollen head hits the floor. His wife and daughter fell along with him since they were tied together. As the energy drained out of him, he could hear muffled cries of pain and agony from the other two people that matter to him. The perpetrator had slashed their throats too. The last thing Kola heard was the perpetrator giggling.[/b]

Criticisms and encouragement, please. Anybody that read this should please drop a comment. Thanks in advance.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alex's Life by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 05, 2016
Hmmmmn, this is scary but I'm following
Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 7:47am On Oct 05, 2016
skarlett:
Hmmmmn, this is scary but I'm following

You're highly welcome, sis. I hope you'll enjoy the story all through.
Re: Alex's Life by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 05, 2016
Shabib:

You're highly welcome, sis. I hope you'll enjoy the story all through.

That's why i took front seat, i hope to do so cheesy

1 Like

Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 7:53am On Oct 05, 2016
skarlett:

That's why i took front seat, i hope to do so cheesy

No prob, sis. Your 'Secrets and Scandals' is really awesome as is your new dp.
Re: Alex's Life by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 05, 2016
Shabib:

No prob, sis. Your 'Secrets and Scandals' is really awesome as is your new dp.

Lol, thanks a lot wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 7:56am On Oct 05, 2016
skarlett:

Lol, thanks a lot wink

You too, sis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 7:59am On Oct 05, 2016
Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 11:30am On Oct 05, 2016
[b]
It was all over the news the next day: 'A famous doctor with his family was gruesomely murdered: three beautiful lives lost'. There was no evidence whatsoever to identify the murderer expect a carved letter 'A' intentionally left behind. From homes to scattered stalls along roadsides to offices in big companies, the incident was the subject of discussion throughout Ib city.
Even the police force and the secret service have known no rest since the incident occured. They are busy looking for evidences, footages from CCTVs and inspecting the crime scene repeatedly. The corpses have been moved to the morgue for the forensic team to do their job.

Two detectives namely; Jane and James have been assigned specially to investigate the incident. The two of them have solved numerous cases together. Their partnership was a dreaded one. They solve cases at the speed of light. But this one is proving to be a hard nut to crack. They were at the crime scene for 20 minutes already but couldn't find anything except the carved 'A'. Now they are at the branch of NFS(National Forensic Service) in Ib city to get the autopsy result.

'I wonder how we're going to catch this heartless murderer,' started Jane. 'I have a feeling he's gonna do more.'

'Not to worry,' replied James. 'There've been many like him. I'm sure we'll still find something. Let's see the autopsy result first.'

Some minutes later, the forensic doctor came over with the result claiming the slashed throats caused suffocation which eventually led to death. No poison or drug was used on the victims. The male was hitted with something hard just to make him pass out.

Jane and James eventually left for the office dejected to continue brainstorming since they couldn't seem to make any headway.[/b]

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 9:57pm On Oct 05, 2016
[b]JANE
Detective Jane got home extremely late that day. She and James had worked late into the night. She already informed her hubby and told him to go on eating dinner with their cute 4 years old son. When she got home, they were already asleep. She went on to wash up since she already had dinner at work. She kissed both her husband and son on the foreheads after washing up, then lay on her side of the king-sized bed, their son inbetween the two of them. The case she was on came to her mind and she thought about how her husband sleeps heavily after working hard throughout the day. She covered the three of them more with the blanket and didn't know when she later drifted off to dreamland.

KUNLE
Kunle has been studying Lez since they started living in the same room after being allocated to the same hostel their second year as medical students. Lez is just a specimen that's supposed to be studied exclusively on his own. He's so intelligent when it comes to gross anatomy, very happy when it comes to dissecting cadavers, not minding other people's business much. He's chocolate in complexion, not that tall and works an evening part-time job at a convenience store not far from the college. He's rumored to be sponsoring himself through college. The weird thing about this guy is that he sometimes dye his black hair red, then goes absent from school for about three days before reappearing with his head shaved bald giving work as his reason for dying the hair. He's done that for about two times since they started living together.

It was one of those days Lez comes back bald-headed after being absent for three days.

'So you still won't tell me where you've been for the past few days?' asked Kunle.

'How many times will you ask me that? I've told you times without number that i took the days off to work full-time and earn some more money,' snapped Lez.

'But why do i think you're not saying the truth? How about your red-dyed hair? Why shave it after just three days?' Kunle continued.

'Kunle, you ain't my parent. So, stop this stupid questioning session! I'm off to work.' Lez said angrily then walked out of the room. 'Who the hell allocated me with this tall, black and inquisitive monkey?' he thought as he walked further away, his good mood spoilt.[/b]
Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 10:04pm On Oct 05, 2016
It won't hurt to drop a comment, y'all know. Encourage the op.
Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 9:41pm On Oct 07, 2016
[b]It has been a month and some days after the ugly incident occured. Everyone already forgot about it. The police were about closing the case since no witness stepped up, no evidence was found, they also couldn't get where the sculptured 'A' was made or who made it.

Somewhere in the Secret Service, Detectives Jane and James were about giving up also.

'Let's just close this case and focus on other cases. Since we can't seem to make any headway, that's my candid advice' said James.

'I guess we should,' replied Jane sighing. 'But please, let's give it a week more. We should go check all the CCTVs and blackboxes again, who knows, we can find something.'

'No prob, then. A week it is because we can't spend forever on this. Other people need us.'

'Yeah, let's waste no time and get back to work.'

A lecture theater in the University of Ib(UIB), faculty of health sciences, medicine department. The 200 level students were being taken Histology. They were neck-deep into the topic when Kunle saw Lez checked his phone signifying a recieved text message. He saw the look of shock on Lez's face when he checked the message and watched how Lez hurried out of the classroom to tend to whatever it was.

'Who the hell is that rude boy? How can he just go out without seeking permission?' the saddist lecturer shouted angrily.

When noone replied him, the lecturer walked out of the class furiously, promising to deal with them all. The students heaved sighs of relief as he left. It was a good riddance to bad rubbish. Kunle made his way out of the crowd of students and saw Lez sitting dejectedly on a park bench some distance away. He went and sat beside him.

'What's the matter, bro?' he asked.

'He's here again,' Lez replied absentmindedly.

'Who's here?'

Quickly recalling himself, Lez replied 'nobody,' then stood up and left.

Kunle sat wondering what was bothering his room-mate. He really is a specimen. He later stood up and went his own way also.

KUNLE
Kunle didn't see Lez throughout the next day. Lez was still in bed when he left the hostel. When he got back to the hostel later in the afternoon, Lez was no where to be found. He called him but the call didn't go through. He rummaged through his belongings and saw his small travelling-bag with some of his clothings gone. He knew then he had disappeared like he used to. When searching further, he saw traces of white dye in Lez's closet. His suspicion rose further. 'What is Lez up to?' he asked himself. He then took it upon himself to go ask for him at work the next day since that's always been his excuse.

Getting to Lez's workplace the next afternoon, he was told that Lez hasn't been there since the previous day.

'I wonder what's wrong with the boy. He just goes absent from work without prior notice,' said the boss.

Kunle's suspicion was further aroused. He then left there back to the hostel. On his way back, he dialled Lez's mobile again which didn't go through. He sighed and decided he'll surely get to the root of the matter.[/b]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 12:54pm On Oct 08, 2016
[b]LEZ
He can't believe he's doing this again. The message read 'meet me at Club Loyal. The usual time. Pack your things. You'll be gone for a few days.'

He pretended sleeping till Kunle left the next day, dyed his hair white, wore a shirt with a baggy trouser and wore an headgear to cover his hair, then packed some clothes in his small travelling bag and left the hostel. By evening, he was at Club Royal waiting. He brought a drink to pass the time, then forgot his worries momentarily by watching the strippers do their thing. It was some minutes to 9pm when a man sat beside him. The man wore black all through with dark shades on his pair of glasses and a face cap to go. He couldn't even discern the man's face due to the multiple colourful lights in the club. The man then brought out his smartphone and started pressing it. After a minute or so, Lez's second phone specially bought for the job vibrated twice signifying a received message. The message read:
'Gaze hotel, Ajagbe street, Old road, Ib city. Go lodge there right now. Tomorrow night, you do your job. We'll pay you afterwards. Remember to do your job well or ........... you know the rules'.

Lez was about getting up to leave when the man pulled him back to his seat. He then pressed on his phone again and Lez received another message:
'Have you forgotten? You gotta delete the msg before you go.'

Lez did so, took an handshake from the man and they parted ways.

Now here he is in his room in the hotel the next afternoon, just passing time by watching the tv, sleeping and waking up over and over again since the morning. He knows his job. He just have to roam around the neigbourhood twice around 9pm, avoiding CCTVs if he can and making sure of one thing; which is to make his dyed hair conspicious to anyone he comes across. He knows the awesome amount of money that'll be paid to him if he does his job well. He also knows the consequence if he doesn't do his job well or say anything about it to anybody, he and his whole family will be killed. If not by the oath taken, then by his employer. 'But i brought this upon myself,' he thought remembering how it all started.

He had done the job twice now. The first time felt like being watched if he's trustworthy or not. Nothing happened in the neigbourhood he was sent to.

A popular doctor and his family was murdered the second time though he doesn't think the murder is related to his job and now, he doesn't know what will happen. And it's too late to back out. He doesn't wanna die.

He didn't know when he slept off but when he later woke up, it was almost time to start the job. He took his bath, wore a black shirt with a black trouser to match. He wore the head-gear out of the hotel. Some distance away, he took it off then started walking all around the neigbourhood with his white-dyed hair uncovered. Every body was almost all in their homes, so he walked round the neigbourhood twice before returning to the hotel. Job completed.[/b]
Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 8:14pm On Oct 08, 2016
Missmossy, Dahprech, Mrlemuel, SmartestPopQUEEN, mindfrick, shabib, skarlett, rohy, nastynic, contrabanned.

Thanks for stopping by, guys.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alex's Life by Missmossy(f): 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2016
Terrific, keep it coming. Following with keen interest.

2 Likes

Re: Alex's Life by Contrabanned: 10:06pm On Oct 08, 2016
@OP nice work here....keep it up
Re: Alex's Life by Contrabanned: 10:08pm On Oct 08, 2016
[quote author=]
[/quote] Following with keen interest
Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 11:23pm On Oct 08, 2016
Missmossy:
Terrific, keep it coming. Following with keen interest.

Thanks sis.
Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 11:24pm On Oct 08, 2016
Contrabanned:
@OP nice work here....keep it up

Thanks bro. Welcome to the front seat.
Re: Alex's Life by SmartestPopQUEEN(f): 7:30am On Oct 09, 2016
Shabib :
Fiyah, Mrlemuel, FlordFlorex, ritababe, TheBlessedMAN, SmartestPopQUEEN, cherrybrown, bamiradex, mindfrick

sorry for spamming your mentions, guys
right here sir..... Queenliz is here now.... U can proceed.....

1 Like

Re: Alex's Life by nastynic(m): 7:59am On Oct 09, 2016
runs in popcorn in hand,arrives at the cenima panting 'hope am not late' guy shift for me abeg
Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 8:17am On Oct 09, 2016
SmartestPopQUEEN:
right here sir..... Queenliz is here now.... U can proceed.....

No prob, maam. *Ushers her to the front seat.*
Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 8:21am On Oct 09, 2016
nastynic:
runs in popcorn in hand,arrives at the cenima panting 'hope am not late' guy shift for me abeg

Guy: Since morning wey film don start. Abegi, siddon quickly.
Re: Alex's Life by nastynic(m): 8:27am On Oct 09, 2016
Shabib:

Since morning wey film don start. Abegi, siddon quickly.
thanks bro.....sits down and thinks'it high time i fire this my driver, if i drive mum will say am acting FAST AND FURIOUS.... grin
Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 8:33am On Oct 09, 2016
nastynic:
thanks bro.....sits down and thinks'it high time i fire this my driver, if i drive mum will say am acting FAST AND FURIOUS.... grin

Better fire am. Make i recommend one driver for you, he can drive crazy but he don av accident thrice. U want?
Re: Alex's Life by Mindfrick(m): 8:35am On Oct 09, 2016
Yea! It's Cold O cryYea! It's Cold O
Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 9:04am On Oct 09, 2016
Mindfrick:
Yea! It's Cold O cryYea! It's Cold O

Should i pour on you, boiled water?
Re: Alex's Life by Mindfrick(m): 12:15pm On Oct 09, 2016
Shabib:

Should i pour on you, boiled water?
C'mon Stop Dat Joke!

1 Like

Re: Alex's Life by nastynic(m): 2:32pm On Oct 09, 2016
Mindfrick:
C'mon Stop Dat Joke!
guy you need it or should i bring hot oil grin

1 Like

Re: Alex's Life by Shabib(m): 3:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
[b]***************
ALEX
He had met the boy, Lez at the club yesterday and have been following him secretively since then. The stupid boy, enticed by the money he offered him then had accepted doing a job he knows nothing much about. He even took an oath not to tell anyone about the job. He didn't even know his face. The boy had only heard his voice the first time he got the job and they only contact on text-messages since then. The boy thought he's been working for him only, didn't know they were just pawns in the game of The Boss.
Even though he is being contacted by the boss himself, he also haven't seen the boss before. That's the type of job they are into. Nobody backs out. You do so, you die. There's no disputing the fact. It was clearly stated by The Boss. They both don't know what the boss really does but since the murder at the last location they went to, he's been thinking the boss is an assasin.

It was almost time for the job. He was in his car outside the hotel the boy was asked to lodge waiting for the boy to start his own part of the job. As soon as the boy came out, removed his head-gear and walked away, he dialled a number. When the line was picked at the other end, he said 'Boss, job started' and the line went dead. He knew if he doesn't put the 'Boss', The Boss will assume he's in trouble. He waited in his car till the boy came back and entered the hotel, then he dialled the same number as before and said 'Boss, job done' and the line went dead as before. He switched off the mobile, removed the sim card and placed it somewhere in the glove compartment, then inserted another sim card in his mobile and switched it on. As soon as the mobile finished loading, a text message came in, it was from his wife. It read: 'Darling, where have you been? I'm missing you already.' Alex smiled, then drove off. His job finished.

THE BOSS
As soon as he received the call saying 'Boss, job started,' he ended the call, tucked the phone somewhere in his outfit, then stepped down from the car he was in. He was wearing black all through with a mask to go. He looked at the one-storey building right to his front again and smiled. He moved to the building's back swiftly, expertly scaled the fence and landed softly on the other side. He picked the back door's lock and was about finding his way in when he remembered the family had a gateman. He walked softly around the building and saw the gateman snoring on a plastic chair, his back to him. He moved close to him, pulled out his knife silently and slashed the man's throat, his palm over the man's mouth to muffle the cries of agony from the man as he died. He then went back to the back-door, opened it silently and closed it behind him. The door led into the kitchen and he could hear footsteps approaching, he quickly hid behind the door, his knife at the ready. He saw a woman enter and came out from his hiding place, pointed his knife at her throat and told her to shut up. He asked the woman to kneel down, taped her mouth and tied her hands behind her. He could see the woman's brea.sts jutting out from under her apron, threatening to burst the apron open. All she was putting on was a white mini-skirt under the apron, no top or underwear. He ogled the woman for a few seconds before he recovered himself and asked the woman to lead her to her husband. The woman led her to the bedroom, obviously the master bedroom. She asked the woman to stay outside and shouldn't try anything funny, then retied her hands to her legs. He entered the bedroom and saw the man on the bed face down and before the man could turn to see who entered, he already was by his side, pointing the knife at him. He asked him to get up and also taped his mouth not forgetting to tie his hands behind his back, leading him outside the bedroom. He then tied both the husband and wife together with a longer and thicker rope, dragged them to the living-room and made them kneel there. He searched the other rooms and saw their 10 years old son in one, deeply immersed in the game he was playing, game console in hand and headsets in ears. He tapped the boy. The game console fell from the boy's hand when he saw a knife pointing at him. The boy was also led to the living-room in the same condition as his father. He checked his time and realised he had wasted much time already. He then brought out a note and ticked the man's name, leaving three names yet to be ticked. He didn't waste time in slashing the three throats, making sure there was no survivor, then drop his carved 'A' before leaving through the door he came in from.
As he scaled the fence back and landed outside, another call was received which says: 'Boss, job done.' He ended the call and smiled, got into his car and drove off, leaving a trail of smoke behind. Job really done.[/b]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Out Of A Nigerian Slum, A Poet Is Born / Nairaland Writers-lets Share Our Profile / Wicked Uncle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.