Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect (22840 Views)

Bus Driver Dresses In Police Uniform Robbed Bank Customers (photo) / Aftermath Of The Clash Between Herdsmen In Police Uniform & The Police In Delta / Herdsmen In Police Uniform Clash With Police In Delta, Commander Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by Taeewo(m): 4:15am On Oct 05, 2016
Afeez Hanafi

A National Diploma holder of a polytechnic in Delta State, Anene Odikose, has been arrested by the Ogun State Police Command for impersonation.

A police uniform, an identity card bearing his name and a Honda car were said to have been recovered from him by operatives attached to the Anti-Robbery Squad of the Agbado division.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the team apprehended 31-year-old Odikose on Monday during a stop-and-search at a checkpoint on Matogun Road, Oke-Aro, in the Ifo Local Government Area of the state, where he lives.

The suspect, who hails from Aniocha North, Delta State, had reportedly hid under the Force to defraud and harass unsuspecting members of the public before luck ran out on him.

In a chat with our correspondent, Odikose said he was dismissed in 2011 while undergoing training at the police college in Rivers State.

He said the shame of returning home made him to approach a police friend, who assisted him in obtaining the uniform and the ID card after he paid N500.

He said, “I am an ND holder in Business Administration. I was enlisted in the police in October 2011. During the 15-month training at the police college in Rivers State, some officers came from Abuja to screen us. Unfortunately, I was dismissed on the grounds of physical fitness.

“When I left the college, I was shy to go back to the village and tell my people that I had been disqualified. I went to live with a brother in Asaba (Delta State).

“When my friends completed the training, I met with one of them, Henry, who was posted to Calabar, Cross River State. He collected N500 from me and helped me process a police ID card. He also gave me a police uniform.”

Odikose, however, denied using the ID card and the uniform to commit crime, saying he only tendered the ID card at checkpoints to evade police interrogation whenever he drove out his car, whose documents were incomplete.

“I came to Lagos in 2014. I was working as a security guard and a driver around Isolo (Lagos State). I got the ID card to avoid being intimidated on the road when I am driving. I have never used it to commit crime. I am a focused person. It was very unfortunate that I find myself in this kind of situation.

“I had never shown the ID card to policemen until that day. All I want is mercy. I have two children and a wife to fend for,” he added.

The Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Abimbola Oyeyemi, said the case would be charged to court after investigation.

He said, “At about 10.50am, a team of anti-robbery policemen on routine patrol around Oke-Aro, Matogun area, intercepted a Honda Civic with number plate, BW891LSR, driven by the suspect. He identified himself as a serving policeman and presented a Nigeria Police Force constable warrant ID card. On interrogation, it was discovered that he was a fake policeman.

“Operatives conducted a search in his apartment, which led to the recovery of a police uniform, three police belts, one police headdress with crest and a police training manual. He will be charged to court after investigation.”

http://punchng.com/bought-police-uniform-id-card-n500-suspect/

Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by Anoruo(m): 4:41am On Oct 05, 2016
See ya face self undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by pyyxxaro: 4:45am On Oct 05, 2016
Lemme go and wash plate

Brb

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by olumaxi(m): 5:21am On Oct 05, 2016
Thank u for implicating henry too....cos he wil surely be among d #50 policemen creating nuisance on d highway

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by Cutehector(m): 5:23am On Oct 05, 2016
U exposed yourself! U can't fool everyone.
Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by TPAND(f): 5:56am On Oct 05, 2016
Risky Hustle, he went all in, and lost all out. He died trying to get rich.

Yahoo boys on nairaland, this is the kind of fate that befalls you. Everyday for the theif, one day for the owner

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by veekid(m): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2016
shocked aiye olokpa ti baje

1 Like

Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by izzou(m): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2016
I suggest he should be jailed for 50 years. And the reason should be because he is VERY VERY STUPID

You risked your life and future so that you could just evade policemen at checkpoint? angry

He's too dull to be a Nigerian

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by ladyF(f): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2016
grin
Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by Winners72(m): 1:58pm On Oct 05, 2016
Wait ooo, nobody has killed Python on naira land this week oooo

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by mccoy47(m): 1:58pm On Oct 05, 2016
#500 ID card?
Why won't they catch u so easily! angry

Tueh!!!
Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by salabscholar01(m): 1:58pm On Oct 05, 2016
ok
Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by NameCheckers: 1:59pm On Oct 05, 2016
Mumu boi angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by kidman96(m): 1:59pm On Oct 05, 2016
Lol
Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by ihatebuhari(f): 1:59pm On Oct 05, 2016
TPAND:
Risky Hustle, he went all in, and lost all out. He died trying to get rich.

Yahoo boys on nairaland, this is the kind of fate that befalls you. Everyday for the theif, one day for the owner
trash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by BrutalJab: 1:59pm On Oct 05, 2016
Kenya don get punchline o. Chai!
Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by henrydadon(m): 2:00pm On Oct 05, 2016
kurrouption everywhere
Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by menix(m): 2:00pm On Oct 05, 2016
How can i blame him, hunger plenty for nigeria...

If Nigerian Police is serious with apprehending fake officers, they should always visit Odunade bustop after orile every morning, u will see them in scores waiting for commercial buses or truck they will join for their dayz business....

The truth i learnt from one is that buses pay them 5k a day....
Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by teepsee(f): 2:00pm On Oct 05, 2016
Anything from the police, it's just a turn off for me.

By the way NCA reporting from Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by macuwon(m): 2:01pm On Oct 05, 2016
Maybe the i.d card said constable and he told them he was a d.p.o grin

The guy no get sense!

And all of u bashing him, tell me say una never impersonate before, you think posing in your friends house or their car behind the wheel is not impersonation grin

2 Likes

Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by study4free(m): 2:03pm On Oct 05, 2016
hahaha
Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by engrjosefz(m): 2:13pm On Oct 05, 2016
Hmmmn
Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by namuguibe(m): 2:17pm On Oct 05, 2016
Wow, for just a little over 1 dollar!
Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by Lovetinz(m): 2:19pm On Oct 05, 2016
His shirt: The Score.
Nigerian Police - 1
Suspect - 0

2 Likes

Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by tactics66: 2:24pm On Oct 05, 2016
Nigerian police ;DNigerian police
Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by adrianl20: 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2016
undecided undecidedyou made fake ID and police uniform just to avoid police harassment...*he can't even lie properly

1 Like

Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by Daud2: 2:47pm On Oct 05, 2016
It is not his fault. It is economic ressession. Man go eat something naa.bradadash.
Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by harlee(m): 3:15pm On Oct 05, 2016
Because of shame u no go back village,nw better shame don catch you and your family..fuckboy
Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by SUPOL(m): 3:23pm On Oct 05, 2016
olumaxi:
Thank u for implicating henry too....cos he wil surely be among d #50 policemen creating nuisance on d highway
sharraap
Re: I Bought Police Uniform, ID Card For N500 – Suspect by SUPOL(m): 3:25pm On Oct 05, 2016
teepsee:
Anything from the police, it's just a turn off for me.

By the way NCA reporting from Abuja.
so are u a turn off

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom: Two Dead, Three Injured In Clash Over Love Affair / How Police Shooting Led To Traffic Gridlock Along Jalingo-wukari Express Road. / Lagos Police Arrest Kidnappers Of Chinese Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.