Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices (15693 Views)

Inside Transsion’s (Mother Company Of Tecno/Infinix) Headquarter In Shanghai. / Launching Of Tecno Camon Cx & Cx Air (Live Updates) / TECNO Releases Video Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by tmanis(m): 1:20pm On Oct 07, 2016
1x2x3:

6 months I said and of course it will do far better than the result I posted if I did the benchmark test out of the box. S7 edge
sorry, i meant to type 6 months.... So you see even the 'almighty' s7 edge is depreciating, why cant others do?
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by tmanis(m): 1:23pm On Oct 07, 2016
MizMyColi:

Yes. I claim it. 316k for phone Ekwenti is Chicken change to me.
I have decided to change my thinking.
I have decided not to see any thing as bigger than me.

In the meantime, will you loan yours so I can compare? cheesy
hehehe.... I didnt buy it oo, they didnt make the yellowish purple color that i liked, so i just vexed....
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by 1x2x3: 1:23pm On Oct 07, 2016
MizMyColi:

Chai. The mockery you are mocking me, there is God o.

How can I buy fufu for 70k tori olorun, will I shyte gold?
Hian.

I rather join money and buy myself Phantom 6 na.

In my honest opinion I have problem with how tecno phones fades from the market, loses its value in no time and I think this is caused by the high influx of different models. They have to limit how they chunk out phones without significant improvement.

Let the Phantom 6 remain their flagship phone for the next 8 to 10 months before they release something Better but no they will release another one in 2months with P6 specs and 40MP camera.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by MizMyColi(f): 1:25pm On Oct 07, 2016
1x2x3:

In my honest opinion I have problem with how tecno phones fades from the market, loses its value in no time and I think this is caused by the high influx of different models. They have to limit how they chunk out phones without significant improvement.

Let the Phantom 6 remain their flagship phone for the next 8 to 10 months before they release something Better but no they will release another one in 2months with P6 specs and 40MP camera.

This is true. I wonder why though. There must be some Chinese Business Model to back it up.
I would really like to know why they adopt that style.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by MizMyColi(f): 1:26pm On Oct 07, 2016
tmanis:
hehehe.... I didnt buy it oo, they didnt make the yellowish purple color that i liked, so i just vexed....

Ha!
Yellowish purple colour?
Mogbe! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by 1x2x3: 1:27pm On Oct 07, 2016
tmanis:
sorry, i meant to type 6 months.... So you see even the 'almighty' s7 edge is depreciating, why cant others do?

Bro it doesn't make sense comparing a flagship phone from Samsung with tecno flagship because a thoroughly used S7 edge will outperform by great distance an out of box flagship tecno no matter the spec packed in it.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by tmanis(m): 1:33pm On Oct 07, 2016
nurey:

Good, I like where you are heading. So you must agree with me that this comparison holds no water?

If the answer to my question is yes, then the proverb which says "a lizard in China cannot be an alligator in africa" is true
what comparison?? P6plus to your note 3 or p6 plus to the s7?? The bench marks showed it out performing the s6, A9, and giving the note 5 a hot chase. About your proverb, the tecno never came to be an alligator in africa, because the same tecno and samsung in china are still the same tecno and samsung in Africa. I like to see it more like the ''efficient camel in africa when you cant afford the fancy pony''
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by 1x2x3: 1:34pm On Oct 07, 2016
MizMyColi:

This is true. I wonder why though. There must be some Chinese Business Model to back it up.
I would really like to know why they adopt that style.

The simply reason is lack of quality. It may look and feel good but not built to last for long so the trick is keep chucking out and manipulating specs which will eventually make users dump their old phone as soon as possible.

I like how persistent they have been but they should look closely at quality rather than quantity.

4 Likes

Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by tmanis(m): 1:36pm On Oct 07, 2016
1x2x3:

Bro it doesn't make sense comparing a flagship phone from Samsung with tecno flagship because a thoroughly used S7 edge will outperform by great distance an out of box flagship tecno no matter the spec packed in it.

you didnt just say 'no matter the spec packed in it'?? For real?? So if tecno uses the sd821 in the pixel and other things, it wouldnt still be up to a samsung??
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by 1x2x3: 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2016
tmanis:
you didnt just say 'no matter the spec packed in it'?? For real?? So if tecno uses the sd821 in the pixel and other things, it wouldnt still be up to a samsung??

If their flagship uses sd821 by then Samsung will be using sd1500 grin. Like I said it's not wish comparing a tecno flagship to Samsung flagship.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by MizMyColi(f): 1:41pm On Oct 07, 2016
1x2x3:

The simply reason is lack of quality. It may look and feel good but not built to last for long so the trick is keep chucking out and manipulating specs which will eventually make users dump their old phone as soon as possible.

I like how persistent they have been but they should look closely at quality rather than quantity.

To be fair to them, I think they are working on quality improvement while still mainitaining the affordability status quo.
I've got ears with the coy that will listen to me though, I will talk about this and hopefully it gets to top management.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by nurey(m): 1:57pm On Oct 07, 2016
tmanis:
what comparison?? P6plus to your note 3 or p6 plus to the s7?? The bench marks showed it out performing the s6, A9, and giving the note 5 a hot chase. About your proverb, the tecno never came to be an alligator in africa, because the same tecno and samsung in china are still the same tecno and samsung in Africa. I like to see it more like the ''efficient camel in africa when you cant afford the fancy pony''

Since I have no issue what so ever with techno, I must really commend them for their products and affordability back then when they came. Though I have not been fortunate enough to have used a chinko phone ever in my years of using android.

But I would just like the techno marketers and fan boys to stop comparing any techno to premium luxury phones because "kolewerk"

2 Likes

Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Flashh: 7:58pm On Oct 07, 2016
MizMyColi:

People defend their football clubs and politicians with so much passion than those who are actually paid to do so because they believe in these entities. They do it for the Love, for the fun.

Why are you hoping that they pay me good money? Did I tell you that I'm a hack for sale? Or do I seem to you like someone who needs "good money" to give her best to a cause?

Dude, your problem is that I am on most threads these days talking about Tecno.

This is the Internet, and I have a right to do as I please with my time on here.

You think I'm defending Tecno a lot?

Wait till I'm employed officially and at liberty to put in my All to ensure more of its growth and development. For now, what I have are friends who work there, who actually brainstorm to create these devices.
If that isn't enough to show passion especially seeing as they've made me a believer, then it's your cup of mandarin tea really.

If you find my arguments or posts too convincing, please jump and pass abi is it by force to read? Lol.

The hate you guys project at Tecno makes me wanna talk about them more, so please continue okay?

Substandard toys, you say?
Please swerve with your glorified hate.

Read my lips....you must have misunderstood the last time out...

I am not a Tecno Marketer.....yet.
I am not officially employed by Tecno to work in her favour.....yet.
I am a recent convert cum Tecno Fan......YES.

And don't you dare tell me not to "dare tell that I'm not a Tecno Marketer"

As if Marketing is something to be ashamed of in the first place.

Nonsense.

Eyah! I wish I have the time to reply this her tirade comment this night.

Talk from a pained girl.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Marvell23(m): 8:48pm On Oct 07, 2016
1x2x3:

I think you are damn wrong. Tecno phantom flagships are released every September, so where do you get your facts?
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Marvell23(m): 8:55pm On Oct 07, 2016
MizMyColi:

Cc
Marvell23
Please tell us how you arrived at your own figures.

Aren't these benchmark scores supposed to be the same universally?

I haven't run one before, so I can't say really.

You need to clear the air on this.

Thanks.

I am really interested in understanding exactly how P6 plus beats S7 edge Multi-core wise.
These are benchmark results from geekbench not by me. It's also expected that since phantom 6 plus is a deca core processor, it should beat the s7 on multiple cores performance
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Emmaway(m): 11:07pm On Oct 07, 2016
What's the name of your font
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Sulaymanmeek(m): 11:09pm On Oct 07, 2016
Sooner or Later The ''Tecno'' isnt going to be a problem anymore, like i mean comon they making this Smartphone Game A

KillerFrost:
Kool.. ... The only thing killing it.. .is the branding -"TECNO" ..... Most peeps look the other way when u call tecno.. .cos of the kinda devices they started with.. ...
Remove that name TECNO and put gionee,Xaomi or Ulephone and watch people sing the praise of this device.. ..
Too bad tho
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by ayeeshaapink: 11:10pm On Oct 07, 2016
And you Tell me TECNO is chinko! Brother this Tecno struggle is real. they no wan gree oooo
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Dabsey: 11:12pm On Oct 07, 2016
Well My advice; Doubters of the results/stats should get the both device and try them out themselves. Lol i mean get The Tecno & Samsung, Wow Two Beast .. Really. quite some Cash there!! grin grin

Marvell23:
These are benchmark results from geekbench not by me. It's also expected that since phantom 6 plus is a deca core processor, it should beat the s7 on multiple cores performance
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by jerrysense: 5:16am On Oct 08, 2016
Now really am short of words.. I give it to tecno on this one. Welldone!
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by jerrysense: 5:21am On Oct 08, 2016
1x2x3:

Person opinion

Hope u saw the benchmark test

I use Samsung buh i no get mouth agn

E b like say tecno wan win me over

Pls don't quote me!
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 08, 2016
jerrysense:

Person opinion

Hope u saw the benchmark test

I use Samsung buh i no get mouth agn

E b like say tecno wan win me over

Pls don't quote me!

What samsung do you make use of? Some Nigerians act like they know nothing. What MTK chipset is close to SD820 that powers the S7 to make you have a higher benchmark than it. What would you now say about the Exynos chipset?
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 08, 2016
See yourself. You don dey confess. Ur sisters use it abi? grin they are part of the 25.3% trust me. See the taste of a poodling is in the eating. Just try one first and you will actually see Tecno phones are durable, I have been using the phantom A+ for 2yrs now plus they have Carlcare centres to cater for any fault peradventure. Let's give it to them please
nurey:

25.3%, you and who carried out the research shocked? Its been ages i saw someone using a techno android phone( though i see my sisters own everyday sha, but apart from that), i see infinix, gionee, itel i dont think anyone is buying techno again probably because of the price sha just a guess angry.

there are criteria i use before buying a phone and number one is support grin, durability cheesy. i doubt if the techno can last for 4 years even though if it does, the outlook and value is non existent after that year. I am pass my youthful age so using a phone for a year is a no no for me, i buy the best and rock it for years. my current phone is 4years old and its spec will give the techno a run for its processor wink.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2016
jerrysense:
Now really am short of words.. I give it to tecno on this one. Welldone!
The truth is, Tecno is not there yet, but they are coming up.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by nurey(m): 1:52pm On Oct 08, 2016
funmyade:
See yourself. You don dey confess. Ur sisters use it abi? grin they are part of the 25.3% trust me. See the taste of a poodling is in the eating. Just try one first and you will actually see Tecno phones are durable, I have been using the phantom A+ for 2yrs now plus they have Carlcare centres to cater for any fault peradventure. Let's give it to them please

You know, I used to envy this chinco phones back then when tweaking was the order of the day, in fact when I bought my first Android phone then LG E615, tecno came out with a cheaper phone with better specs then, but comparing it side by side in real situations my LG was better built with quality accessories. With the white colour I was the talk of the month, my reign only lasted a month.

I will stick with my premium brand, my SGS note 2 is upgraded to marshmallow already I doubt if techno has that kind of support.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Norman4real(m): 5:27pm On Oct 08, 2016
1x2x3:

lol, but thats the whole point... Every phone maker will want u to buy another when the latest model is released, they dont care what u do with the previous one. In any case if u have doubts about the phone's quality i advise u do some research about its build, u will see. But in any case u get what u pay for, p6plus may not be as good as the s7 but that doesn't mean its not worth its price tag.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Norman4real(m): 5:32pm On Oct 08, 2016
1x2x3:

are u implying that tecno may release a better phone shortly after releasing p6plus?? Or that between the release of phantom 5 and phantom 6 there was a better phone than the phanto 5 released. As far as i know their flagships come once a year around October or september.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Freelancerx: 8:13pm On Oct 08, 2016
Tecno rocks no doubt. These scores against some of the popular brands shows how amazing the brand is improving and how far they've continued to roll out superb phones over the years.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 09, 2016
Actually,,it is a gradual process. You don't want to see a baby born today to start walking immediately. TECNO is just 10yrs and for them to have gone this far is commendable. I want to believe they will catch up with time.

nurey:

You know, I used to envy this chinco phones back then when tweaking was the order of the day, in fact when I bought my first Android phone then LG E615, tecno came out with a cheaper phone with better specs then, but comparing it side by side in real situations my LG was better built with quality accessories. With the white colour I was the talk of the month, my reign only lasted a month.

I will stick with my premium brand, my SGS note 2 is upgraded to marshmallow already I doubt if techno has that kind of support.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by nurey(m): 7:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
funmyade:
Actually,,it is a gradual process. You don't want to see a baby born today to start walking immediately. TECNO is just 10yrs and for them to have gone this far is commendable. I want to believe they will catch up with time.

Like I said, I don't have a problem with tecno and if there was a zeal to own one, I did buy it without thinking twice. But there are certain things that shouldn't be done and it's comparing a tecno flagship with a Samsung/iPhone flagship.

In order for tecno to be relevant in the market, they adopted the use of an old chipset capable but not strong enough to outwit the samsung/iPhone flagship chipset.

Its like comparing a luxurious Lexus to a Bentley or Rolls-Royce though both are luxurious they are not in the same class nor comparable

2 Likes

Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by Behankey(m): 11:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
If these so called benchmarks are true, then Tecno has dropped an amazing device. Not a big fan of phone names tho, I'm always concerned about what a phone offers. It's nice to see them improving rapidly.
Re: See The Benchmark Scores Of Tecno Phantom 6 Plus Against Other Top Devices by shiftback: 1:46pm On Oct 11, 2016
funmyade:

You couldnt have said it any better. They've made huge strides in the past decade and judging from their latest flagship they aren't resting on their laurels.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Get 6 Times Bonus On Every Recharge Using MTN Startpack Promo Plan / BBM Consumer Service to Shut Down May 31st, 2019 / FG Directs NCC To Block Over 9 Million Unregistered Sim Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.