Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,949 members, 7,799,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! (993 Views)

Pastor Chris Warns Comedians: Don't Joke With Men Of God! / Unfulfilled Prophecies By Men Of God / Single Moms: Stop Abusing Your Kids And Saying You Love Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by luvola(m): 2:15pm On Oct 17, 2009
for those who are fond of abusing pastors,men of of GOD shud read this - quote frm 2nd king chap 2 verse 23-25 : 23. '' And he (eli'sha d prophet) went up frm thence unto beth'el : and as he was going up by d way,there came forth little children out of d city,and mocked him and said unto him,go up,thou bald head. 24. and he turn back,& looked on them,& cursed them in d name of God.and der came forth two she bears ,and tare 42 children of them
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by Shola2009(m): 2:36pm On Oct 17, 2009
Well most of them are THIEVES!!! extorting gullible people. They will experience whipping and grinding of teeth in HELL!!!
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by Playboy2(m): 2:36pm On Oct 17, 2009
luvola:

for those who are fond of abusing pastors,men of of GOD shud read this -  quote frm 2nd king chap 2 verse 23-25 : 23. '' And he (eli'sha d prophet) went up frm thence unto beth'el : and as he was going up by d way,there came forth little children out of d city,and mocked him and said unto him,go up,thou bald head. 24. and he turn back,& looked on them,& cursed them in d name of God.and der came forth two she bears ,and tare 42 children of them

And you still call him a man of a loving God, ? nawaoo, religion can blind people's objective mind. is a pity.
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by luvola(m): 3:11pm On Oct 17, 2009
quote frm number chap 16 verse 1 - 5 ,20- 32 , verse 1 - now korah ,d son of izhar ,d son of kohath,d son of levi and dathan and abiram , d sons of eliab took me : 2. and dey rose up b 4 moses, with certain of d children of isreal,250 princes of d assembly,famous in d congregation,men of renown . 3. and dey gather demselves together against moses and Aaron ,and said into dem ,ye take too much upon u,seeing all d cong ar holy,
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 17, 2009
@luvola

I appears u re sick and need urgent medical attention
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by luvola(m): 3:22pm On Oct 17, 2009
cont ) ,every one of them ,and d lord is among dem : wherefore then lift ye up yourselves above congreg of d lord ? 4. and when moses heard it,he fell upon his face 5. and he spake unto korah and unto all his company ,saying ,even tmorowd lord wil shew who are his,and who is holy ; and wil cause ,
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by luvola(m): 8:01pm On Oct 17, 2009
i wil continue d quote soon. @ chu - no comment for u, u better stop abusing men of GOD if u want to live long
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by luvola(m): 8:02pm On Oct 17, 2009
i wil continue d quote soon. @ chu - no comment for u, u better stop abusing men of GOD if u want to live long
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by MrCrackles(m): 8:03pm On Oct 17, 2009
luvola:

i wil continue d quote soon. @ chu - no comment for u,  u better stop abusing men of GOD if u want to live long
Shut the flying fuc.k up and get a life!
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by bawomolo(m): 8:57pm On Oct 17, 2009
they aren't immune from criticism
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by DeepSight(m): 9:04pm On Oct 17, 2009
@ Poster - i take it you have been blinded by the smoke from their PRIVATE JETS?
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by Playboy2(m): 9:13pm On Oct 17, 2009
Deep Sight:

@ Poster - i take it you have been blinded by the smoke from their PRIVATE JETS?

or the spectacle from their appearance.
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by duduspace(m): 9:41pm On Oct 17, 2009
Well, I haven't been abusing any man of God cos I'm yet to see one. I've only been abusing gods of man if yu catch my drift.
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by muffins(f): 9:59pm On Oct 17, 2009
Some men of God shouldn't be called men of God instead they should be called "Men of Tithes and Offering" undecided
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by luvola(m): 11:24pm On Oct 17, 2009
cont ) verse 15. so moses became angry.he said to d lord ''i never did anytin wrong to these people.i never took anytin frm dem ! lord dont accept der gift .chap 20) - the lord said to moses and Aaron 21. move away frm these men ! i want to destroy them now , 25. moses stood and went to dathan & abiram.all d elders of isreal followed him 26. moses warned d people ''move away frm d tent of these evil men,
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by luvola(m): 11:33pm On Oct 17, 2009
cont ) 27. so d men moved away frm d tents of korah,dathan & abiram.dathan and abiram went to der tents.they stood outside of der tents wit der wives and children, 31. when moses finished saying these things, d ground under d men open and swallow these men 32. it was d earth opened it mouth and swallow dem.
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by Nobody: 12:09am On Oct 18, 2009
Oh'
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by luvola(m): 7:47am On Oct 18, 2009
lesson frm d two story - d two stories emanate frm d old testament. it is dangerous if we continue ridiculing true men of GOD including d muslim clerics if we dont want d wrath of GOD to strike u. a case study is d above story,korah,dathan,abiram rise up against,abuse,rebuke moses and GOD destroy dem immediately. @ chukwu - u better stop now if u don't want to consume,a word is enough for d foolish like u
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by mazaje(m): 7:53am On Oct 18, 2009
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by Niseed(m): 5:19pm On Oct 18, 2009
its amazing how some people still manage to type with a straight jacket on. When will you learn that not every person that calls himself a man of God actually is. Would you call a wolf in sheeps clothing a sheep??

have your eyes been seriously blinded by the awesomeness of a G-5 jet? One day you too can be like them, on second thoughts you cant.

unless you open up your own private capital venture aka church. you can even register it as an NGO and not worry about tax. Its the greatest ponzi scheme since madoff.
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by PastorAIO: 6:01pm On Oct 18, 2009
Warning! Men of God stop abusing little children. They are not witches the problem is that you are paranoid schizophrenics that see evil and fear around every corner.
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by KunleOshob(m): 6:05pm On Oct 18, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Warning! Men of God stop abusing little children. They are not witches the problem is that you are paranoid schizophrenics that see evil and fear around every corner.
grin grin grin
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by nguage(m): 6:08pm On Oct 18, 2009
No one would ever get punished for "abusing" a man of God, people get punished for being unkind in words and thoughts to people - man of God or not. There is no special punishment because it's a man of God.

And to clarify, what's punishment? People are simply left alone and are unguarded by the spirit when they do things that contradict the spirit, not necessarily thrown in front of a car by the spirit. When unguarded by the spirit, bad things would happen to the individual.
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by nguage(m): 6:14pm On Oct 18, 2009
False prophets. These so called men of God too will get rewarded for the things they do. I think they're already getting rewarded, the publicity from the international media would make the Nigerian government very strict on them. Now they'll live in constant fear - fear of child witches, fear of the media, fear of the government's axe.
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:26am On Oct 20, 2009
There is such a thing as a Man of God, it is in the Bible but has not found a foundation in modern Christianity. what we have are ones anointed by the Holy spirit to be Teachers (Beware of False Teachers), Pastors (Shepherd the Flock) and Prophets. These offices are placed upon righteous and faithful Men of God (In the True sense a Man of God would have to be in the league of Elisha, Noah and Elijah, Enoch).

Whenever I hear posters like this on NL pleading for peeps to be very cautious about offending a MAN of GOD. I am either near tears for lack of a means to clobber their heads with a mace tacked with dull nails. (or some other dastardly painful means of torture) or so angry i end up ruining my entire day taking time to prove them wrong (or correct their dim minds)

Please read your Bible before you make a post as this one

1 Thessalonians 5:21: "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.''

2 Timothy 3:16-17: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.''

Take Jesus own example by looking at Matthew 7:15-23, we find Jesus gives us the guideline for determining false prophets:

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; [b]but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. [/b]Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

A major flaw in our reasoning as Christians is that we have no rule on making the distinction between real men of God and False ones. Sometimes we tend to evaluate men according to the size of their ministries, their popularity with men, or their endowment of certain gifts, etc.

There is a common-sense (albeit) scriptural approach to this dilemma; you must check the fruit

HOW TO CHECK THE FRUIT OF A TRUE MAN OF GOD

The Lord said in verse 20 of Matthew 7 that we would know them by their fruits. What are these fruits? Galatians 5:22-24 defines them as being the fruit of the Spirit. "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." We are told to look at their lives and see if these fruits are predominant in them and examine if they are living the crucified life. Of course, we must allow for imperfections that have not been overcome yet; but we should readily see the fruit of the Spirit in more abundance than the imperfections. One way we can check this is to notice the words that a man speaks. The Scripture says in Matthew 12:33-35, "Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit. O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.''

PRIDE AND LUSTFUL LIFESTYLES

Many people have been led astray when they could have recognized the wrong spirit simply by the braggadocios and prideful words of men who exalted themselves instead of Christ. Others would have been spared if they had examined the lifestyles of certain men who claim to be God's anointed. Their lifestyles are far from being temperate, reflecting the most expensive and extravagant clothes, private jets, homes, cars, etc. This is not referring to well-dressed men and women, nice homes, and quality things but the extremes which reveal anything but the nature of Christ. Of course, neither is the other extreme of poverty the nature of Christ. [/b]Men of God should live temperate, moderate lives, [b]overcoming poverty and avoiding extreme wealth. Jesus always went about giving to the poor. He never stored up His wealth even though He apparently handled a lot of money, thus the need for a treasurer, Judas (John 13:29). He gave away the things He could have used on Himself, yet He never lacked as He went about ministering. He should be our example today. The affection and lust for the things of this world do not portray the Spirit of Christ.

A TRUE MAN OF GOD IS A REFLECTION OF JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF

Let us analyze the gist of our religious leaders to quickly reveal the God they serve. Do they speak of God's kingdom, His righteousness, and His love; or does their conversation center on the things of this world and life? Are they peacemakers, sowing mercy and love? Are they gentle and patient, or do they lose their temper easily? Do they walk in faith, or are they continually looking to other men for their needs to be supplied? Are they always pressuring people for money, or do they simply receive those gifts of money as unto the Lord? Do they have the joy of the Lord, or do they minister out of duty? Are they truly joyous with that joy spilling over to others, or do they continually complain and gripe over all the things that are not pleasing to them? Is goodness evident in their lives instead of evil? Do they put people in bondage by always threatening them with the wrath of God, or is freedom of choice extended with the warning of the penalties of sin? Jesus came to set us free, not to bring us under the bondage of men.

Let us prove all leaders and see if their fruit is good fruit. Do they love and not hate, have joy instead of depression, and promote peace instead of strife? Are they longsuffering (patient) or impatient, gentle or harsh? Do they show love and tolerance for those that oppose them? Do they walk in faith, or doubt and unbelief? Are they meek, giving God the glory for their talents and gifts, or do they pridefully talk of all they are doing or their group is doing? Does temperance prevail not only in their lifestyle, but in their personal habits as well, or do extremes exist that do not glorify God? In essence they will not live for themselves, but for others as Jesus did. Do they reflect Jesus? Proverbs 20:11 says, "Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right.''
Re: Warning ! Stop Abusing Men Of God,pastors ! by 9ja4eva: 9:36pm On Oct 21, 2009
@Poster, i hope it won't be too late when you open your eyez.Looks like you are blind.

(1) (Reply)

An Honest Question For All Atheists ! / The Triangle Mystic Power: For Healing, Multiple Followers In Your Church Fast / My Lamentation For Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.