Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

When The Wife becomes the Husband. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When The Wife becomes the Husband. (40510 Views)

Should A Wife's Money Be '' Hers '' , While The Husband's Money Be " Ours " ? / The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / When Your Wife Takes Your Place As The Husband (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by LUV1: 6:00am On Oct 07, 2016
A life without jesus is useless
. Give your life to Jesus and secure your eternal life
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by doveda: 6:04am On Oct 07, 2016
I disagreesmiley. If you can do it when you live alone, you can definitely do it when you live with others however I don't mind splitting the chores but you need to realise that cutting grasses and charging lightbulb aren't everyday chores so they don't compare. Personally, the only argument I can understand is if you do not genuinely like a chore, even at that you need to learn to love it unless the other person is willing to understand.

RoadsAndGreen:
there are some chores you can ask a man to do as a married man and there are some exclusive to women. A man should have little or no business in the kitchen. a woman on the other has no business cutting grasses or changing light bulbs.
that's how I personally see it. if you think differently please don't try to bite me lol
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by doveda: 6:19am On Oct 07, 2016
I love you.

Talking about cooking, I asked someone why it is must for the wife to cook especially when there is money to get a chef or if she is the busy kind. I couldn't get a decent reply other than the usual ilogical culture BS. Sentiments aside, a good food is a good food irrespective of who made it. The purpose of food is to eat and enjoy. Besides most of the time when a woman cook, it doesn't add a thing to the family other than fulfill a cultural role. It is not a family bonding activity AT ALL when one person cooks however it is when other members of the family are involved

Personally, it is not a something I would factor while choosing a career. Like cutting grasses, charging lightbulb and teaching academics to the children, cooking is a rule than can be filled with money and without harm to the family.

PS: I am not saying you shouldn't cook for the family

charmosky:
I've been married for two and half years now, based in the US, as a couple, we are both in the same medical field, as a nurse and as as an IT engr, from my fresh experience...there's nothing to bargain or agree in this contest....the most important thing is understanding, respect and love....i'll use myself as example....it gives me joy to assist my wife in the kitchen, many at times, she will beg me to stay away from the kitchen and relax, while she make food, but being someone who love to cook...I'll rather trick her and end up giving her a helping hand in the kitchen....this have helped our bonding that when we plan to cook, the level of excitement that comes with that is always amazing....I've always enjoyed every moment I spend with my wife, either helping her or cooking....

1 Like

Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by doveda: 6:25am On Oct 07, 2016
No!smiley
kazyhm:

I love this response. will you Marry me ?

1 Like

Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Dantee005(m): 6:39am On Oct 07, 2016
Oya were are d mods.... Give dis man @op one crate of origin.... Ure xo on point jor... Niggas be forming macho wen us ass is xo broke it 4cking leaks shit....

2 Likes

Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 07, 2016
Donchill19:
May i look dy matta wel
Is that all the eyes you've got
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by foladara777(m): 6:59am On Oct 07, 2016
wrongnumber:
Hog wash.

A wife must still play her full role even if she is the full breadwinner.

If I like I help and if I like I won't .

Oga toks I be your fan but i don't agree with this one.
So u just want to be totally useless to urself and your family Nice one
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by mbhs139(m): 7:08am On Oct 07, 2016
Toks2008:
The primary duty of the man in marriage is to provide the basic needs of his family talking about the wife and the children while the primary role of the wife is to nurture the husband and the children which is the perfect definition of help mate.

Now it is important to note that no two marriages are the same and what works for you may not work for the other person and the fact that a man provides all the needs of the family does not mean that he can't assist the wife to do some of her primary duties if needs be and a wife who has become the breadwinner may also not mind playing her primary duties without any support from the husband .

But nevertheless i sincerely believe that every man whose wife have become the main bread winner or a co-bread winner to realize that it is very expedient for him to be ready to also be a co-nurturer of the family and also perform the primary duties of the woman such as cleaning the house,cooking,taking care of the children and helping the wife to do things that will ease off the stress from her.

I have heard of several cases where a man who is fully financially dependent on the wife still expects her to do all the domestic activities and prepares all three course meals and some men even get so angry with the wife because she complains of tiredness.

It is very wicked and uncaring for a man whose wife is also a partaker of his primary duties to still expect the lady to fully take care of the home front and this does not make you less a man but will rather encourage the woman and not make her look like a slave in the house.

I know some men will say it is not in our tradition as Africans to do domestic chores and I sincerely agree but we must also understand that it is also not an Africa tradition for a woman to be a breadwinner.

I don't know if this makes sense.

My wife is not the co-bread winner in the house or of the family and yet I assist in doing household chores becuase, for me, i believe it's a form of exercise. Besides, by doing so, I'm also saving myself some cost and frustration. It allows me to know when certain things are not available or when they are likely not going to be available and I prepare in advance.

Like I wake up before anybody, boil water for the baby's flask and the one mother and child will use to take their bath. I'm even the one that goes to bed last. Once I'm back to the house my wife practically shot down; she knows I will take charge, and I have to if I want things to be done well. I go to bed last because I want to make sure all lights are put off; there's no water on the floor, no running tap and things like that. Yet, I'm the bread winner. Though, my wife, in her magnanimity, do get some things for the house, and for which I thank her. For instance, she will cook fresh fish when I've actually given her money for 'ponmo'

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by lanreni: 7:17am On Oct 07, 2016
Toks2008:
The primary duty of the man in marriage is to provide the basic needs of his family talking about the wife and the children while the primary role of the wife is to nurture the husband and the children which is the perfect definition of help mate.

Now it is important to note that no two marriages are the same and what works for you may not work for the other person and the fact that a man provides all the needs of the family does not mean that he can't assist the wife to do some of her primary duties if needs be and a wife who has become the breadwinner may also not mind playing her primary duties without any support from the husband .

But nevertheless i sincerely believe that every man whose wife have become the main bread winner or a co-bread winner to realize that it is very expedient for him to be ready to also be a co-nurturer of the family and also perform the primary duties of the woman such as cleaning the house,cooking,taking care of the children and helping the wife to do things that will ease off the stress from her.

I have heard of several cases where a man who is fully financially dependent on the wife still expects her to do all the domestic activities and prepares all three course meals and some men even get so angry with the wife because she complains of tiredness.

It is very wicked and uncaring for a man whose wife is also a partaker of his primary duties to still expect the lady to fully take care of the home front and this does not make you less a man but will rather encourage the woman and not make her look like a slave in the house.

I know some men will say it is not in our tradition as Africans to do domestic chores and I sincerely agree but we must also understand that it is also not an Africa tradition for a woman to be a breadwinner.

NO. IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. ARE YOU COMPETING?
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Nzeh12(m): 7:20am On Oct 07, 2016
Lovely post
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by chronique(m): 7:20am On Oct 07, 2016
I'd rather provide all the needs and come back from work,relax and wait for my meal to be served,than ask her to share in the responsibility of provding,and start joining her to wash plates and sweep.
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Toks2008(m): 7:23am On Oct 07, 2016
mbhs139:

My wife is not the co-bread winner in the house or of the family and yet I assist in doing household chores becuase, for me, i believe it's a form of exercise. Besides, by doing so, I'm also saving myself some cost and frustration. It allows me to know when certain things are not available or when they are likely not going to be available and I prepare in advance.

Like I wake up before anybody, boil water for the baby's flask and the one mother and child will use to take their bath. I'm even the one that goes to bed last. Once I'm back to the house my wife practically shot down; she knows I will take charge, and I have to if I want things to be done well. I go to bed last because I want to make sure all lights are put off; there's no water on the floor, no running tap and things like that. Yet, I'm the bread winner. Though, my wife, in her magnanimity, do get some things for the house, and for which I thank her. For instance, she will cook fresh fish when I've actually given her money for 'ponmo'

Nice
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by blazer234: 7:29am On Oct 07, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
but I didn't say nothin'about marriage

Well, but you did say something about bringing up kids. Marrying the right person ensures both dad and mom are a always on hand to contribute to their kid's growth and development.
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Donwizbro(m): 7:29am On Oct 07, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
SUMMARY:

Pùssy Niggahz have no right to divorce their spouses on the grounds of emotional,physical and sexual neglect.
either you find a job or just give up totally and fully immerse yourself into your new reality- which is being a total püssy.
swap genìtals with your wife if need be.
lwkmd. Swap ne koh tweak ni.
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by blazer234: 7:30am On Oct 07, 2016
mbhs139:

Its your choice, Mr Wife.
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by CioAngels(f): 7:42am On Oct 07, 2016
Toks2008:

It does make scense, but at same time i pray our men will not find themselves in a situation of lack for too long.
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Josephamstrong1(m): 7:47am On Oct 07, 2016
Toks2008:

Truth be told Oga Toks.
Nada like syndrome abt African mentality on d'syd of d'man and of d' wife bcomn a bread winner. Both parties build d' ship b4 sailing, one captain1, d' oda assistant captain to take ova wen captain1 gets tired. Responsibility shud b shared 50:50. Wen d' man ain't buoyant enuf to take up a responsibility doesn't make him less a man. Truth is, Pride and ego sets in wen reverse is d' case on d syd of d' woman.
For instance, thr r duties meant for a wife in d' house weda u're d' bread winner or not. And thr r duties a man shud do and ones dat breaks a man's ego. And wen lost, can't regain again. Breadwinner isn't all abt bringing money home for d' family?. Abi na for diff purse? So I don't see much ado in it. Do ya normal duties as a wife while providing for d' family wen d' man ain't buoyant enuf maybe coz job laid off... U kw. A man shud alwz learn to b a man despite wat. If nt, women hv dz natural traits of brking a man's ego in one way or d' oda...yes!
This controversial ish I must say. buh..boils down to wisdom and undastandin of both parties.
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by mbhs139(m): 7:49am On Oct 07, 2016
blazer234:

Its your choice, Mr Wife.

Abi now! Na my choice o!
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Josephamstrong1(m): 8:01am On Oct 07, 2016
Truth be told Oga Toks.
Nada like syndrome abt African mentality on d'syd of d'man and of d' wife bcomn a bread winner. Both parties build d' ship b4 sailing, one captain1, d' oda assistant captain to take ova wen captain1 gets tired. Responsibility shud b shared 50:50. Wen d' man ain't buoyant enuf to take up a responsibility doesn't make him less a man. Truth is, Pride and ego sets in wen reverse is d' case on d syd of d' woman.
For instance, thr r duties meant for a wife in d' house weda u're d' bread winner or not. And thr r duties a man shud do and ones dat breaks a man's ego. And wen lost, can't regain again. Breadwinner isn't all abt bringing money home for d' family?. Abi na for diff purse? So I don't see much ado in it. Do ya normal duties as a wife while providing for d' family wen d' man ain't buoyant enuf maybe coz job laid off... U kw. A man shud alwz learn to b a man despite wat. If nt, women hv dz natural traits of brking a man's ego in one way or d' oda...yes!
This controversial ish I must say. buh..boils down to wisdom and undastandin of both parties.
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by RoadsAndGreen(m): 8:11am On Oct 07, 2016
doveda:
I disagreesmiley. If you can do it when you live alone, you can definitely do it when you live with others however I don't mind splitting the chores but you need to realise that cutting grasses and charging lightbulb aren't everyday chores so they don't compare. Personally, the only argument I can understand is if you do not genuinely like a chore, even at that you need to learn to love it unless the other person is willing to understand.

being alone is past. besides, there are many chores a man can do but cooking and washing plates no no. assisting in cooking I can do that cos I love to taste stuffs while a girl cooks it's fun.
if you ladies have your way you'd put the baby in a man's stomach for 4.5months so he'll have his share of the pregnancy responsibility. hahaha
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by doveda: 8:16am On Oct 07, 2016
Of course we wouldsmiley

Beibg alone is not past o. I think it depends on the couples though. Inasmuch you can do other chores in the house, no wahala but personally , it shouldn't be a total no.

RoadsAndGreen:
being alone is past. besides, there are many chores a man can do but cooking and washing plates no no. assisting in cooking I can do that cos I love to taste stuffs while a girl cooks it's fun.
if you ladies have your way you'd put the baby in a man's stomach for 4.5months so he'll have his share of the pregnancy responsibility. hahaha
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by nwakaibeya1: 8:21am On Oct 07, 2016
There is and we have TOTAL LIBERATION and permanent solution for all WOMEN and MEN who have SEX in DREAM and have delayed marriage and bad relationship and WIFE HAS BECOME THE MAN and are oppressed by EVIL MARINE and OCCULT KINGDOMS and EVIL FAMILY wickedness frm the MANTLE,the LIGHT and the POWER that be and #prophets and apostles and pastors don't dare do it#TOTAL LIBERATION because they are afraid of the promoters of such hidden nations but we have the UNBELEIVABLE POWER to deal with it permanently but so many women following so called pastors who are in this mess are even more powerful than the apostle ,pastor and prophets and the pastor even fears and reverence them even though he answers apostles etc and that's why in your church you respect those women there not just ordinary respect but because if you do other wise what you and your likes are doing will stop# CHURCH CLOSE and this is at the NIGHT operation where we told you the battle of life is fought won or lost .be wise and think about this TRUTH which you know or may now know because you are SPIRITUALLY blind I tel you we have come to leak the hidden secrets of humanbeings and the world and it is unfortunate that many who knows we are saying the TRUTH refuse to surrender because of pride but they forget that there will be a time that you will force your self to surrender but by then it has become very late this is a SPIRITUAL thing and not physical as many of you may think just like when JESUS CHRIST came before said he will die and rise up the third day many people like you thought he was talking about his flesh body but today the descendants of those who laughed at him then are the one claiming to love JESUS CHRIST more than GOD just like you are claiming today too?my dear only time will tell who is real or fake if something does not happen in a day it will happen in a week if not in a week in a month and if not in a month in a year it is an adage. Why not take time and investigate and ask questions what you hear from me and don't forget I said by all means possible to YOU

Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by RoadsAndGreen(m): 8:23am On Oct 07, 2016
doveda:
Of course we wouldsmiley

Beibg alone is not past o. I think it depends on the couples though. Inasmuch you can do other chores in the house, no wahala but personally , it shouldn't be a total no.

only an inconsiderate man would make it a total no. it maybe a busy man too. anyways, nice talking with ya
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 07, 2016
johnson232:

Which one be your own? huh undecided

The guy stated his mind which is the truth & u are writing rubbish??

Are u ok? undecided
grin

Oga what Luvu2 did was the right thing and i am very the curse is following everyone that agreed with that dumbass grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Nobody: 8:33am On Oct 07, 2016
Op is right on this one, unbelievable!
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by kazyhm(m): 8:42am On Oct 07, 2016
doveda:
No!smiley
I'm not in an hurry, just take your time and think about it
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by kayowalemi(m): 8:43am On Oct 07, 2016
This is how to become single mother prematurely.

1 Like

Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by lolamitayo: 9:21am On Oct 07, 2016
You are talking about Nigeria to Nigerians, you spoiled it by putting Oyinbo picture.

You missed it big time.
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Mom007(f): 9:27am On Oct 07, 2016
You made some sense but the way you put it makes it easy for the man to feel resentful of your suggestions and the woman to feel entitled. The times have changed too much for you to say it's the man's job to do this and the woman's to do that. After all the women didn't get degrees and certification to come and hang on the husband's wall. What you should rather emphasize is love, humility and understanding between the two spouses. If you love your wife for instance, and see her being crushed under the weight of certain chores, nothing stops you from helping her out. If you love your husband and for a time he is incapable of meeting financial needs of the family, and you have the means to assist, do so without thinking too much of it. That is what being a family is all about after all.

1 Like

Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by LuvU2: 9:45am On Oct 07, 2016
Stupedinluv:
grin

Oga what Luvu2 did was the right thing and i am very the curse is following everyone that agreed with that dumbass grin
Lol Exactly!
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by Jaydotcom(m): 9:48am On Oct 07, 2016
Some of this posts can be very funny. It is so amazing to note that people just write things they imagine or feel and bring it to the general public whether wrong or right, they don't really care. They forget that, their write up has the power to make or mar a thing. An experience man or woman in marriage will never put up this kind of write up in the public. There can be nothing as 50/50 in marriage, the agitation for this cause a lot of problem in the home. Every marriage differ from the other, and we must tell whether a husband or a wife to put in their best and all in maintaining their marriage. A flourishing relationship does not mean that both of them are perfect, it only mean that one party is able to absorb the dirt from the other. So, for a marriage to work, it doe not require a rigid principle, study your spouse to know his/her strengths and weaknesses and adjust accordingly to cover his weaknesses as well as his strengths will also subdue your weaknesses. Let us forget about what we see on the internet or on the pages of newspapers or magazine, it may sound perfect to hear but believe you me, most of these things are unattainable in practice. The authors of these articles don't give a heck if their marriage does not last a minute, divorce is like nothing to them. In the home, God has given responsibilities to each party be it a husband or a wife and i don't see the reason why a wife should be angry if the husband fail to help in the kitchen for example. There is nothing wrong in helping but help is giving willingly. Whatever you get from a help is not something you earn by right or authority but GRACE. That is why it can not be force or enforced. As a wife, be respectful and dutiful in your home and as a husband, be hardworking and loving to your wife.
Re: When The Wife becomes the Husband. by calabardick(m): 10:04am On Oct 07, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
SUMMARY:

[b]Pùssy Niggahz
have no right to divorce their spouses on the grounds of emotional,physical and sexual neglect.
either you find a job or just give up totally and fully immerse yourself into your new reality- which is being a total püssy.
swap genìtals with your wife if need be.[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Wife's Family Calling My Son Another Name / Lady Who Died After Delivery Of Triplets Buried Amidst Tears In Edo (Photos) / Sick Musa Under The Town Planning Bridge Linking Ilupeju To Anthony Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.