Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

PZ Cussons Declares N2.3bn Pre-tax Loss In Q1 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / PZ Cussons Declares N2.3bn Pre-tax Loss In Q1 (9286 Views)

Conoil Grows Profit By 176% To N2.3bn / GTB Reports 91.38 Billion Half Year Pre-tax Profit / We Buy Dollar At N320, Says PZ Cussons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PZ Cussons Declares N2.3bn Pre-tax Loss In Q1 by Izonpikin: 8:12am On Oct 06, 2016
blueseacats:
I have no problem standing with Buhari if hardship like this is what it take to make Nigerians look inward and become productive again, but when businesses are denied dollar needed for materials and individuals make calls from the comfort of their bedroom and get the same dollars for purposes of round tripping , that's when I lost faith in this government.
now you are sensible my brother...buharis clamor for in house manufacturing and a NO to importations is a sham..

providing dollars to his cronies whilst the rest of nigerians are left to suffer...

1 Like

Re: PZ Cussons Declares N2.3bn Pre-tax Loss In Q1 by Izonpikin: 8:20am On Oct 06, 2016
obailala:
Effects of the skyrocketing exchange rate... God help this country.
oboy shey na avengers and gej cause this wahala..??...i hope next time ona go vote vibrant intellectual to rule nigeria...

or maybe we should wait on dangote to come produce all we need to survive in this country ruled by an old frail certificateless man...

God is really punishing nigeria...
Re: PZ Cussons Declares N2.3bn Pre-tax Loss In Q1 by amerimex(m): 8:38am On Oct 06, 2016
This govment needs to get its priorities right and put some resusciative measures in place b4 d economy runs fm ds comatos into total collapse.
In a bid to save cost ds company has drop/ relieved large percentage of dr staffs ds year yet dy stil make ds garrulous loss, wonder wat dy wil do next.

2 Likes

Re: PZ Cussons Declares N2.3bn Pre-tax Loss In Q1 by ephi123(f): 8:38am On Oct 06, 2016
Hungerbad, you make it a point to comment first on political threads, why are you always found missing on these kind of threads? Really very convenient. Smh. You guys had better stop living in denial.
Re: PZ Cussons Declares N2.3bn Pre-tax Loss In Q1 by obailala(m): 8:53am On Oct 06, 2016
Izonpikin:
oboy shey na avengers and gej cause this wahala..??...i hope next time ona go vote vibrant intellectual to rule nigeria...

or maybe we should wait on dangote to come produce all we need to survive in this country ruled by an old frail certificateless man...

God is really punishing nigeria...
Bros make una try understand say oga Jona don go.... try and put that election behind you....

Oh yes, lack of forex is the prime reason behind the problem. 92% of Nigeria's forex income comes from oyel. Oil price drops by more than half, avengers place the icing on the cake by wiping out over 40% of Nigeria's oil export and all in all, forex inflow has dropped by over 60%. Confused haters would choose to say it is buhari policy flops that is responsible for the forex scarcity, but that is nonsense compared to the contributions of oil price and 'your boys.'

Econs 101, when there is scarcity, the price goes up; today the price of a dollar is N475, and this inflaton is swallowing the profits of companies, the inflation is also making production far more costly and the difficulty in accessing the scarce forex is making business climate very difficult thereby forcing many businesses away from Nigeria (more forex flight).

So yeah, if you say so, avengers totally have their hands written all over this and all Nigerians are suffering it. If you like continue to blame buhari and his certificate, every unbiased person knows the real problem.

1 Like

Re: PZ Cussons Declares N2.3bn Pre-tax Loss In Q1 by Izonpikin: 9:10am On Oct 06, 2016
obailala:
Bros make una try understand say oga Jona don go.... try and put that election behind you....

Oh yes, lack of forex is the prime reason behind the problem. 92% of Nigeria's forex income comes from oyel. Oil price drops by more than half, avengers place the icing on the cake by wiping out over 40% of Nigeria's oil export and all in all, forex inflow has dropped by over 60%. Confused haters would choose to say it is buhari policy flops that is responsible for the forex scarcity, but that is nonsense compared to the contributions of oil price and 'your boys.'

Econs 101, when there is scarcity, the price goes up; today the price of a dollar is N475, and this inflaton is swallowing the profits of companies, the inflation is also making production far more costly and the difficulty in accessing the scarce forex is making business climate very difficult thereby forcing many businesses away from Nigeria (more forex flight).

So yeah, if you say so, avengers totally have their hands written all over this and all Nigerians are suffering it. If you like continue to blame buhari and his certificate, every unbiased person knows the real problem.
na you i dey try remind say jona don go na..i wan purge ona off the thought say na jona cause all our wahala for this nigeria..

buhari should start thinking like someone or like a leader in 2016 and get to work...

people are losing jobs and are hungry...
Re: PZ Cussons Declares N2.3bn Pre-tax Loss In Q1 by 989900: 9:18am On Oct 06, 2016
obailala:

The buck stops with the President. That is why we voted GEJ out, and that is why we will vote PMB out if things do not change. I have large faith in the long term prognosis of this country under PMB, but in the short term 'nko'? A good chunk of the population will either be dead, jobless, out of school, turned criminals, or laden with terminal illnesses if things don't change in double time.

The president was elected to check ills afflicting the country from security, to general saboteurs, to the economy, or find alternatives to them, hell, he campaigned and lobbied for the job for years, that he knows how to fix this. The Forex situation will soil him and end his government if care is not taken. If him or anyone thinks this is beyond him, then we have a problem, and he should do the graceful by resigning.

310 to 475, we already have the perfect situation for systemic collapse . . . and Emefiele is still the governor?

Morning Bro.
Re: PZ Cussons Declares N2.3bn Pre-tax Loss In Q1 by Origin(f): 9:28am On Oct 06, 2016
Personally cannot and will not believe this . PZ increased sales for where. Who has been buying their products.
Companies that have archaic management and are not in touch with there customers. The country is flooded with SME soaps creating stiff competition and PZ still has a high cost of production and a long value chain.

Please trim your fat, reduce your expatriates, source locally and hear consumers. Your brand really does not matter. Consumers want quality at the right price. Your soaps getting smaller and costlier by the second.
Re: PZ Cussons Declares N2.3bn Pre-tax Loss In Q1 by EnuguDadImoMom: 10:14am On Oct 06, 2016
TabletMan:
You always think like a kid thinking that you're making sense. I understand your reasoning but if you ever do a feasibility study on everything we produce in nigeria, you will understand we need to import chemical to produce a tissue and the pieces of papers we mix the chemical with is also source via importation. Even the farm you're talking about, are you going to produce manure and fertilizer from your anus? My friend big farmlands are always open for termites and birds and in farming, you can easily lose your capital investment .
My brother, receive sense cos it's your birthright.
Hahahaha.... bitter truth.
Re: PZ Cussons Declares N2.3bn Pre-tax Loss In Q1 by obailala(m): 11:13am On Oct 06, 2016
989900:

The buck stops with the President. That is why we voted GEJ out, and that is why we will vote PMB out if things do not change. I have large faith in the long term prognosis of this country under PMB, but in the short term 'nko'? A good chunk of the population will either be dead, jobless, out of school, turned criminals, or laden with terminal illnesses if things don't change in double time.

The president was elected to check ills afflicting the country from security, to general saboteurs, to the economy, or find alternatives to them, hell, he campaigned and lobbied for the job for years, that he knows how to fix this. The Forex situation will soil him and end his government if care is not taken. If him or anyone thinks this is beyond him, then we have a problem, and he should do the graceful by resigning.

310 to 475, we already have the perfect situation for systemic collapse . . . and Emefiele is still the governor?

Morning Bro.
you and I know that sacking Emefiele is another war story on its own. It's really sad that we are back to the same spot we were before the 'acclaimed' floating of the currency with the official interbank and black-market rates being far far apart; I can't understand why they can't float the damn thing properly and close all room for round tripping. Me sef I don taya for this govt honestly..

1 Like

Re: PZ Cussons Declares N2.3bn Pre-tax Loss In Q1 by CosmeticChemist(m): 6:30pm On Oct 06, 2016
Origin:
Personally cannot and will not believe this . PZ increased sales for where. Who has been buying their products.
Companies that have archaic management and are not in touch with there customers. The country is flooded with SME soaps creating stiff competition and PZ still has a high cost of production and a long value chain.

Please trim your fat, reduce your expatriates, source locally and hear consumers. Your brand really does not matter. Consumers want quality at the right price. Your soaps getting smaller and costlier by the second.

In my senatorial district, I'm giving PZ Cusson a run for their money. I make thousands of soap weekly.
cool
Origin:

In my senatorial district, I'm giving PZ Cusson a run for their money. I make thousands of quality soap weekly.

Check the link below.
https://www.nairaland.com/2635938/make-over-110000-bars-soap
Re: PZ Cussons Declares N2.3bn Pre-tax Loss In Q1 by ivandragon: 7:08pm On Oct 06, 2016
TabletMan:
You always think like a kid thinking that you're making sense. I understand your reasoning but if you ever do a feasibility study on everything we produce in nigeria, you will understand we need to import chemical to produce a tissue and the pieces of papers we mix the chemical with is also source via importation. Even the farm you're talking about, are you going to produce manure and fertilizer from your anus? My friend big farmlands are always open for termites and birds and in farming, you can easily lose your capital investment .
My brother, receive sense cos it's your birthright.

normally, I would have just given you a well deserved 'like' & moved on.

but its always nice to read comments from people who actually understand a situation.

what most Nigerians fail to realise is that you can't FORCE people to go back to the farm by threatening them with poverty, starvation & hopeless.

people should go back to the farm because they want to. people who farm out of a desire & vision to do so are more often more productive than people who go back to farming because they have no other choice.

the government needs to make the agric sector more attractive to attract the right people.

it is better to have 100 big time farmers who can feed the country than 50m farmers that can barely feed themselves & their families...
Re: PZ Cussons Declares N2.3bn Pre-tax Loss In Q1 by TabletMan: 7:56pm On Oct 07, 2016
mrvitalis:

U must be thos people who dont do any research at all...
Andorama(Eleme petrochemical) can give u all the farm chemicals u need to farm.. from fertilizers to herbicides to pesticides and the rest.. . We have great chemical companies in Nigeria and u need to do a little research. ..

U are the one that needs sense
have you entered inside the eleme petrochemical to make inquiries and they told you that everything they produce is sourced locally? My brother make deep inquires because i am directly supplying raw materials to like three different companies and i know what production in nigeria takes..

The first pic is a feed mill company owned by UAC and it's one of the bigest in Nigeria, their production outfit is down by 20% because the white maize they needed most in production of feeds rose from 55,000 per mt to 145,000 per mt. white maize is common crop that can grow anywhere in Nigeria but the price has made 100% increment because what it takes to grow it in large quantity is no longer affordable.
Stop supporting bad governance with this your farm mentality.
ivandragon:

normally, I would have just given you a well deserved 'like' & moved on.
but its always nice to read comments from people who actually understand a situation.
what most Nigerians fail to realise is that you can't FORCE people to go back to the farm by threatening them with poverty, starvation & hopeless.
people should go back to the farm because they want to. people who farm out of a desire & vision to do so are more often more productive than people who go back to farming because they have no other choice.
the government needs to make the agric sector more attractive to attract the right people.
it is better to have 100 big time farmers who can feed the country than 50m farmers that can barely feed themselves & their families...
The reason why i gave response to his post is that he always quote bogus profit when it comes to agriculture, his first claim that even caught my attention was the one he made on bayelsa airport claiming they will make more profit on farming as if the airport is not going to employ any human being whereas bayelsa is prone to heavy flood which can render any of their big farm useless within two days.
On a normal day, i don't argue with Gej and Pmb supporters because they are supporters of bad governance.

Re: PZ Cussons Declares N2.3bn Pre-tax Loss In Q1 by mrvitalis(m): 8:26pm On Oct 07, 2016
TabletMan:
have you entered inside the eleme petrochemical to make inquiries and they told you that everything they produce is sourced locally? My brother make deep inquires because i am directly supplying raw materials to like three different companies and i know what production in nigeria takes..

The first pic is a feed mill company owned by UAC and it's one of the bigest in Nigeria, their production outfit is down by 20% because the white maize they needed most in production of feeds rose from 55,000 per mt to 145,000 per mt. white maize is common crop that can grow anywhere in Nigeria but the price has made 100% increment because what it takes to grow it in large quantity is no longer affordable.
Stop supporting bad governance with this your farm mentality.
The reason why i gave response to his post is that he always quote bogus profit when it comes to agriculture, his first claim that even caught my attention was the one he made on bayelsa airport claiming they will make more profit on farming as if the airport is not going to employ any human being whereas bayelsa is prone to heavy flood which can render any of their big farm useless within two days.
On a normal day, i don't argue with Gej and Pmb supporters because they are supporters of bad governance.

Now i see my point. .. Have asked urself why they chose to import corn than do grow here very well?? .. its cheaper to import?? Can i ask why?? We have cheaper labour and cheaper land why is it cheaper to import from people using more expensive land and labour? ?
The simple answer is we had an over priced currency.. Now that naira is gaining its true value... a ton of corn in Nigeria is around 120..k so why will they import at 150k when they can get it for 120k here... So they will support real farmers to expand and meet there supply requirements

Before its was 55k to import and 80k to biy local.. . So u see my point

And the fact is no company or country can have all raw materials u must import.. But the truth is we can source locally 80% of the materials qe import
Re: PZ Cussons Declares N2.3bn Pre-tax Loss In Q1 by TabletMan: 12:15am On Oct 08, 2016
mrvitalis:

Now i see my point. .. Have asked urself why they chose to import corn than do grow here very well?? .. its cheaper to import?? Can i ask why?? We have cheaper labour and cheaper land why is it cheaper to import from people using more expensive land and labour? ?
The simple answer is we had an over priced currency.. Now that naira is gaining its true value... a ton of corn in Nigeria is around 120..k so why will they import at 150k when they can get it for 120k here... So they will support real farmers to expand and meet there supply requirements

Before its was 55k to import and 80k to biy local.. . So u see my point

And the fact is no company or country can have all raw materials u must import.. But the truth is we can source locally 80% of the materials qe import
Read again and you will understand my point.
Their corns are supplied by people like us who source from big farms but the price is high due to fertilizer and some other things needed to run a big farm is costly and government is not doing anything about it.
Re: PZ Cussons Declares N2.3bn Pre-tax Loss In Q1 by mrvitalis(m): 5:50am On Oct 08, 2016
TabletMan:
Read again and you will understand my point.
Their corns are supplied by people like us who source from big farms but the price is high due to fertilizer and some other things needed to run a big farm is costly and government is not doing anything about it.
I know.. but i am very sure... The imported one is now more expensive
Re: PZ Cussons Declares N2.3bn Pre-tax Loss In Q1 by TabletMan: 10:27am On Oct 09, 2016
mrvitalis:

I know.. but i am very sure... The imported one is now more expensive
I am sorry because there is nothing like imported white maize and it can only be sourced from niger republic and Nigeria market control the price over there. If not, it could have been cheaper over there.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brent Crude Oil Jumps To 26-month High As Kurds Holds Referendum / Jumia Shares Drop 17% After Q2 Results, Investors React Negatively / How To Open US Bank Account For Non Resident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.