Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

Nigeria @56 Time For The Youth! An Article By Charles Onyeukwu (Ocso) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria @56 Time For The Youth! An Article By Charles Onyeukwu (Ocso) (472 Views)

#nigeria@56: Amazing Post Independence Pictures From 1960 (photos) / Nigeria And Independence--- At 56. Time For The Re-framing Of Her Consciousness. / Google Celebrates Nigeria @ 56 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria @56 Time For The Youth! An Article By Charles Onyeukwu (Ocso) by MediaDeveloper(m): 12:10pm On Oct 06, 2016
1st October 2016. Nigeria celebrated her 56th year as an independent nation and the social media was abuzz with lots of beautiful pictures and words glorifying the supremacy of the state called Nigeria.

From what I gathered, the top and most inspiring buzz were created by young Nigerians with lots of them wishing to share in the glory of Nigeria to come. Some of these young and vibrant Nigerian youths especially those from the academia expressed their interest in holding one or more leadership position in Nigeria’s future.

One thing that went through my mind constantly as I was viewing these inspiring post by my fellow Nigerian youths is one old saying that says the youths are the leaders of tomorrow.

Outside the online social media, the federal government declared a public holiday that stretches the weekend into the Monday and offered many Nigerians the luxury of hanging out with those close to their hearts, and make new friends among other things.

The mood of celebration around Abuja was not as glorious as my young friends in the media, ICT and creative industry painted it online. People were merely happy because of the public holiday.

Worse even, most of the young people I interacted with during the independence holiday were busy complaining of the current recession in Nigeria and fantasizing on how they would make Nigerian great again when they occupy important leadership positions.

My young friends were all right in their opinions. The current recession in Nigeria was caused by the action and inaction of those we voted to lead us and those who manipulated their way up to chair leadership positions.

For Nigeria to be great again, it will require the efforts of our leaders to right the wrongs of those who have mislead us and uphold the values and ideas of those who had set the path of greatness for Nigeria.

Our misleaders will continue to mislead and lord it over us until the leaders with good intention and clear vision to rebuild Nigeria stop daydreaming of a tomorrow that will never come and begin to lead this country called Nigeria in every little way they can because tomorrow is now!

LET’S ADD VALUE WWW.DONOCSO.COM

Source: https://web.facebook.com/ezeocso/posts/1659596954352753

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Wike's Dramatic Confrontation With DSS / Buhari Presents Bill To Make Election Debates Mandatory / Chief Justice Of Nigeria Berates Buhari In Face-to-face Meeting At Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.