Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,547 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:19 PM

Judas Iscariot-a Traitor Or An Angel? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Judas Iscariot-a Traitor Or An Angel? (1683 Views)

Is Judas Iscariot Really A Villain? / How Did Judas Iscariot Actually Die? / Cloud In The Shape Of An Angel Seen In Pretoria, South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judas Iscariot-a Traitor Or An Angel? by redsun(m): 6:39pm On Oct 17, 2009
If god's plan was for jesus to die for the sins of mankind,why then is judas iscariot not seen as a tool,a messenger used to carry out his intentions.Why is judas guilty if god made him do it or does it mean god is deceitful?

Judas was said to have committed suicide,how could god have allowed that?for somebody who was just a victim of him(god's)scheme,it is unfair.
Re: Judas Iscariot-a Traitor Or An Angel? by princekevo(m): 10:20am On Oct 18, 2009
redsun:

If god's plan was for jesus to die for the sins of mankind,why then is judas iscariot not seen as a tool,a messenger used to carry out his intentions.Why is judas guilty if god made him do it or does it mean god is deceitful?

Judas was said to have committed suicide,how could god have allowed that?for somebody who was just a victim of him(god's)scheme,it is unfair.

If you think is unfair then you can sue God to supreme court.
God never purposed that Judas will be the one to betray Jesus. It was prophesiced that the son of man shall be betrayed, by whom was untold. Judas made himself available for satan to use him and it was easy for satan to use him becoz of his love of money. He himself realised what he did was evil that is why he hung himself. God did'nt push him into hanging himself.
Re: Judas Iscariot-a Traitor Or An Angel? by redsun(m): 10:51am On Oct 18, 2009
But how else could jesus have died if somebody didn't betray him to make god's wish come true?Even the romans should be guiltless because they did what god wanted by killing jesus for HIM.

The metaphoric nature of the bible could be mind blowing,i wonder why people take it too literally and failed to see the jokes,the myths,the magics,the wits and practicality it is about.
Re: Judas Iscariot-a Traitor Or An Angel? by princekevo(m): 4:21pm On Oct 18, 2009
redsun:

But how else could jesus have died if somebody didn't betray him to make god's wish come true?Even the romans should be guiltless because they did what god wanted by killing jesus for HIM.

The metaphoric nature of the bible could be mind blowing,i wonder why people take it too literally and failed to see the jokes,the myths,the magics,the wits and practicality it is about.

I thought you were seeking for knowledge. I didnt know you were one of those seeking for errors from God.
Sin is sin irrespective of the puposed it served and is punishable by nature. jst as Crime is crime irrespective of your intention. will go ahead to murder a prisoner jst becoz he has been sentenced to death penalty? No. If ever you do that you will face the same penalty as a murdrer irrespective the victim has already been sentenced to death. if you think otherwise the you go ahead an sue God like i suggested b4.
Re: Judas Iscariot-a Traitor Or An Angel? by KunleOshob(m): 4:27pm On Oct 18, 2009
The gospel of Judas suggests that Judas is a hero and he was carrying out Jesus instructions when he "betrayed" him. Personally i think there is some inconsistency in church beliefs if we villify Judas for facillitating the death of christ which we believe is meant for our salvation.
Re: Judas Iscariot-a Traitor Or An Angel? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 18, 2009
Insert Quote
The gospel of Judas suggests that Judas is a hero and he was carrying out Jesus instructions when he "betrayed" him. Personally i think there is some inconsistency in church beliefs if we villify Judas for facillitating the death of christ which we believe is meant for our salvation.

Kunle please the Gospel of Judas is a scam and was never written by Judas or anyone that lived in the first four centuries CE
Re: Judas Iscariot-a Traitor Or An Angel? by sunkoye: 10:10pm On Feb 02, 2012
John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. (KJV)

(1) (Reply)

Theists Threaten To Kill Atheists, Again. / A Question For Trinitarian Christians / Business & Career Breakthrough Testimonies..come And Experience Breakthrough.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.