Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) (33788 Views)

FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria Vs Spain 2 - 1 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs England FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup Tues.4 Oct 2016 2pm / Nigeria Vs Brazil FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 0 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 2:19pm On Oct 06, 2016
FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup Jordan 2016

Korea DPR vs Nigeria

Sat. 8th October 2016

Time: 16:00 Local time (2:00pm Nigerian time)

Amman International StadiumAmman (JOR)

http://www.fifa.com/u17womensworldcup/matches/round=275896/match=300357971/index.html#nosticky

Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 2:27pm On Oct 06, 2016
“It ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward.”

Most filmgoers will recognise this famous line from the Oscar-winning movie series Rocky, and speaking to Nigeria captain Rasheedat Ajibade, one is reminded of Sylvester Stallone’s famous line. “Training isn’t a punishment,” she told FIFA.com in the mixed zone after her side’s goalless draw with England at the FIFA U-17 World Cup Jordan 2016. “Training makes us stronger and tougher and will help us win the next game.”

At the press conference beforehand, the agile and technically gifted Ajibade proudly accepted her award as the Live Your Goals Player of the Match, although the prize could not fully mask her disappointment at the result. However, the more you speak to the right-footed forward, the more you realise that such disappointment only stokes her competitive spirit further.

Bottom of a competitive Group C, Nigeria failed to score against Brazil and England and Ajibade is in no doubt as to their team’s main problem. “In the next game, we need to work on finishing our chances,” reflected the Flamingoes’ No10 on her side’s lacking the necessary attacking punch. “We’ve not managed to score in two games. Obviously that has to change.”

Down but not yet out, their final game sees Nigeria take on Korea DPR, who currently lead the group, and a boxer on the ropes is often the most dangerous. “Who we play in the next game isn’t important. The important thing is that we recognise we need a win. And if we do exactly what the coach tells us, then I’m convinced we’ll get a positive result.”

I love training and I love pushing myself. I’m a competitive person. If someone says ‘Do 15 reps’, I do 100!

Unsurprisingly, confidence levels in the camp have dropped somewhat after drawing those two blanks, but Ajibade for one is not about to let that affect her. “Our players don’t have that much experience, so it can happen that they doubt themselves,” said the skipper, her side’s top scorer in World Cup qualifying. “So, with my experience, I try to be by their side and give them encouragement. I always say to them: ‘You can do this! So come on, let’s get out there and win!’”

In 2014 Ajibade competed at the U-17 World Cup in Costa Rica, helping Nigeria reach the quarter-finals. Now aged 16, she wants to draw on that experience and is not one for waving the white flag. “I came to the tournament with the aim of getting a better result this time around, and I think my experience from two years ago will help me,” she said confidently. “I really believe in our strengths as a team and I know we can achieve that.”

In order to do so, the FC Robo attacker is ready to give everything and more than willing to cross the pain barrier. “I love training and I love pushing myself. I’m a competitive person. If someone says ‘Do 15 reps’, I do 100! As a modern player, you have to try to develop yourself every day and never stop. That’s how it has to be if your goal is to become a professional.”

Talented and driven though she is, Ajibade admits there are days when she does not have a burning desire to train. On those days, however, she is reminded of the target she set for herself. “When I wake up and I don’t feel like training, I think of my life goal, which I agreed with God. That always succeeds in motivating me to never give up.”

On 8 October at 4pm local time in Amman comes Nigeria’s final group game against Korea DPR, a game the Africans must win to have any hope of reaching the next round. Ajibade will be hopeful and confident that she and her team will be “ready to rumble”.

http://www.fifa.com/u17womensworldcup/news/y=2016/m=10/news=nigeria-s-ajibade-ready-to-rumble-2840642.html

Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 2:31pm On Oct 06, 2016
profiling Korea DPR;

The past
Like their U-20 side, the Korea DPR U-17 team have truly established themselves among the world's best on the global scene. The East Asians are among the most successful in the FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup, having twice reached the final during the past four editions, including clinching the inaugural trophy back at New Zealand 2008. All the more impressive is their dominance in continental qualifiers, namely the AFC U-16 Women's Championship. They have reached the final in each of the past five editions in which they have taken part. Despite missing the inaugural tournament in 2005, Korea DPR took the Asian showpiece by storm two years later by claiming the title. After agonisingly finishing runners-up in the next three editions, they bounced back to edge defending Japan to recapture the Asian laurels last year.

The present
Coach Sin Jong Bok's current squad demonstrated trademark never-say-die spirit en route to their second continental success. They opened with overwhelming victories against Chinese Taipei and Uzbekistan, before a 1-1 draw against Japan sealed their progression as group runners-up. The tournament’s Most Valued Player Ri Hae Yon completed a brace as they edged hosts China PR 2-1 in the semi-final clash, thus sealing both a place in the final and qualification for Jordan 2016.

The future
With women's football Korea DPR’s strongest suit, it is their youth teams, in particular, that are undisputed forces to be reckoned at global level. Not surprisingly, Korea DPR are among the tournament favourites heading into Jordan 2016. Inspired by their title-winning campaign in continental qualifying, coach Sin Jong Bok's side will have fixed their focus on no less than a second world title.

Facts and Figures

Key players
Ri Hae-Yon (forward), Kim Pom-Ui (midfielder), Park Hye-Gyong (midfielder)

The stat
13 - The number of goals Korea DPR scored across five matches as they remained undefeated to win the Asian qualifying tournament.
Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 12:22pm On Oct 08, 2016
the Flamingoes has a chance to qualify if they can only win convincingly today

lets go there...
Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 12:38pm On Oct 08, 2016
..Everything is possible and nothing is impossible in Group C. Despite currently languishing in fourth place, Nigeria could leap to the top of their group with a win against current frontrunners Korea DPR. Conversely, the North Koreans’ Jordanian adventure could still come to a sudden halt – but the Flamingoes will need to end their goalscoring drought and net their first strike of the tournament if they are to have any chance of progressing.

If Nigeria manage to beat Korea DPR, Brazil’s match against England will become an all-or-nothing tie for both sides. Irrespective of other results, only a win will be enough to ensure a quarter-final place at Jordan 2016 for the Young Three Lionesses, who have drawn both of their games so far. Defeat in their last match against the North Koreans means Brazil must aim for victory to be sure of reaching the last eight and fans can look forward to a lively encounter.

cc: lalasticlala
http://www.fifa.com/u17womensworldcup/news/y=2016/m=10/news=all-to-play-for-as-group-giants-meet-2841045.html
Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by obembet(f): 12:51pm On Oct 08, 2016
all what we need is 3 point and 4 goals
Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by ihedioramma: 12:52pm On Oct 08, 2016
They all win them 2-0
Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by englishmart(m): 12:52pm On Oct 08, 2016
we go chuck chuck them today. I mean we the Koreans will chuck chuck una...

1 Like

Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 12:54pm On Oct 08, 2016
The dressing room of Nigeria

Saturday, 8 October 2016

AMMAN, JORDAN - OCTOBER 08: The dressing room of Nigeria is pictured prior to the FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup Group C match between Korea DPR and Nigeria at Amman International Stadium on October 8, 2016 in Amman, Jordan

Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by francis247(m): 12:55pm On Oct 08, 2016
Can't wait
Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 12:57pm On Oct 08, 2016
francis247:
Can't wait

then lets go there grin
Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by jaymejate: 12:57pm On Oct 08, 2016
At least, we should be able to beat them na

2-0
Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by todaynewsreview: 1:02pm On Oct 08, 2016
Let's hope they will play better today to qualify

Watch Live Here: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria
Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by Liability(m): 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2016
englishmart:
we go chuck chuck them today. I mean we the Koreans will chuck chuck una...
hahaha,,,,u be idiiot o....hahahaha

well me na 3-1 we go win tomorrow, yes. Zambia 3-1 nigeria
Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by oloriooko(m): 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2016
They should just honour this match and hurry home tomorrow, no hope for these gals the Koreans will bang them so hard their waist will comot for alignment grin
Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by tdbankplc: 1:12pm On Oct 08, 2016
Goal!!!
Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by Kaybee14(m): 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2016
All the best to the Flamingoes. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by aadvark: 1:25pm On Oct 08, 2016
Liability:
hahaha,,,,u be idiiot o....hahahaha

well me na 3-1 we go win tomorrow, yes. Zambia 3-1 nigeria
you are just your moniker
Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 08, 2016
Korea DPR is North Korea right?

1 Like

Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 08, 2016
If i hear they win undecided.....be ballooning the ball anyhow undecided
Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by Chartey(m): 1:46pm On Oct 08, 2016
Robosky02 me I don lose hope.
It will be a miracle if they concede less than two goals against Korea. That's the strongest team in the group and so far I see only Japan being stronger than them in the tournament.
Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by seunlayi(m): 1:52pm On Oct 08, 2016
WHO IS STILL WATCHING NIGERIA TEAM ONTOP THIS RECESS?

1 Like

Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:56pm On Oct 08, 2016
The English girls put "three goals" past those koreans so who says they are impregnable?

If The flamingoes get their acts right today, then they should spank those koreans. Ajibade and Omokwo are two to really watch. They've taken long to settle down but this is football...

Don't rule out anything just yet...

Chartey:
Robosky02 me I don lose hope.
It will be a miracle if they concede less than two goals against Korea. That's the strongest team in the group and so far I see only Japan being stronger than them in the tournament.
Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by otokx(m): 1:57pm On Oct 08, 2016
it has ended before they started
Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:57pm On Oct 08, 2016
But what if they do? smiley

This is football.... wink

ItsQuinn:
If i hear they win undecided.....be ballooning the ball anyhow undecided
Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:59pm On Oct 08, 2016
Affirmative.... smiley U rite...
AnonyNymous:
Korea DPR is North Korea right?
Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by Phi001(m): 1:59pm On Oct 08, 2016
I can't fit bet on anything Nigerian...
Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 08, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Affirmative.... smiley U rite...

I'm surprised that Kim Jong Un even let's his citizens take part in international sports competitions
Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by todaynewsreview: 2:03pm On Oct 08, 2016
todaynewsreview:
Let's hope they will play better today to qualify

Watch Live Here: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria

Game on.
Best of luck Nigeria
Re: Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:04pm On Oct 08, 2016
Loooolllll.... Football has this "magic" that pierces even the hearts of "tough-nuts" and tyrants like Kim Jong un.. Loollll

AnonyNymous:

I'm surprised that Kim Jong Un even let's his citizens take part in international sports competitions

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi / Cerebral Atrophy: Yisa Sofoluwe Is Dead (Ex-Eagles Defender) / Iheanacho Wins CNN Goal Of The Week Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.