Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Process For Audited Accounts For Paying CIT & Others At FIRS In Port Harcourt - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Process For Audited Accounts For Paying CIT & Others At FIRS In Port Harcourt (966 Views)

Restaurateur Cries Out After Being Confronted With Bills Worth Millions By FIRS / Hotel Guests Chased Away By FIRS Officials In Delta State. Photos / FIRS Seals Ifeanyi Ubah’s Capital Oil Company In Efforts To Curb Tax Evasion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Process For Audited Accounts For Paying CIT & Others At FIRS In Port Harcourt by dannywest: 2:24pm On Oct 06, 2016
I've a LTD liability company registered in September 2014

VAT has been filed every month since July 2015 with remittance slips available.

We have records of all transactions since January 2015 on our cloud Accounting software so income statements and Balance Sheets can easily be generated from that.

Pensions are being remitted for staff as well as PAYE every month.

We have tax clearance from FIRS for 2014 & 2015 (submitted VAT & invoices for 2015 and got this).

Since operations started July 2015 we submitted a letter of commencement then and also would like to use June 30th as our year end going forward.

I would like to pay income tax due for the company so far and would like to know the process.

Please anyone who has done this before?

Thanks.
Re: Process For Audited Accounts For Paying CIT & Others At FIRS In Port Harcourt by dannywest: 5:01pm On Oct 06, 2016
hi
Re: Process For Audited Accounts For Paying CIT & Others At FIRS In Port Harcourt by yomalex(m): 6:36pm On Oct 06, 2016
I would appreciate this information too although mine is an enterprise, how to compute tax for an enterprise. I believe there a lot of small businesses that want to pay tax but don't know how.
Maybe lalasticlala could help

1 Like

Re: Process For Audited Accounts For Paying CIT & Others At FIRS In Port Harcourt by dannywest: 3:00pm On Oct 08, 2016
yomalex:
I would appreciate this information too although mine is an enterprise, how to compute tax for an enterprise. I believe there a lot of small businesses that want to pay tax but don't know how.
Maybe lalasticlala could help

Exactly. At Bolded
Re: Process For Audited Accounts For Paying CIT & Others At FIRS In Port Harcourt by Jbols2001(m): 5:09pm On Oct 08, 2016
dannywest:
I've a LTD liability company registered in September 2014

VAT has been filed every month since July 2015 with remittance slips available.

We have records of all transactions since January 2015 on our cloud Accounting software so income statements and Balance Sheets can easily be generated from that.

Pensions are being remitted for staff as well as PAYE every month.

We have tax clearance from FIRS for 2014 & 2015 (submitted VAT & invoices for 2015 and got this).

Since operations started July 2015 we submitted a letter of commencement then and also would like to use June 30th as our year end going forward.

I would like to pay income tax due for the company so far and would like to know the process.

Please anyone who has done this before?

Thanks.

The process is pretty much the same in all the States in Nigeria as CIT and VAT are both federal taxes. First of all you would need an audited accounts for the year ended June 2016. Afterwards a tax computation would he prepared using the commencement rule since you company is still in its first 3 years of operation. After this has been done, the tax computation together with your audited accounts would be submitted with the FIRS office in which you are registered with.

Where there is a taxable profit, payment is made to a the FIRS through any bank in Nigeria. The payment advice or slip should be submitted together with the documents listed above. Where there is no taxable profit (loss)no payment is required.

Also, a self assessment form would be filled and submitted with the other documents stated above.

You can contact me for assistance in preparation of the audited accounts and tax computations and also filing the documents with the FIRS.

I'm a Partner with a tax consulting firm which has done extensive work for local and multinational companies. We also assist startups, small and medium scale businesses with tax compliance and advisory services.

U can send us an email on Info@teaselconsults dot com and I'll send you my phone number and my official email so that we can discuss further.

As a form of CSR, we do pro Bono (free service) work for 2 startups in a year. However we bill for only expenses incurred while doing this which is very minimal.

Hope this has been helpful.

3 Likes

Re: Process For Audited Accounts For Paying CIT & Others At FIRS In Port Harcourt by Jbols2001(m): 5:15pm On Oct 08, 2016
NB: I didn't drop my phone number and official email cos of spam mails and unsolicited text mags . Just send an email to Info@teaselconsults dot com

1 Like

Re: Process For Audited Accounts For Paying CIT & Others At FIRS In Port Harcourt by dannywest: 5:56pm On Oct 08, 2016
Jbols2001:

You can contact me for assistance in preparation of the audited accounts and tax computations and also filing the documents with the FIRS.

U can send us an email on Info@teaselconsults dot com and I'll send you my phone number and my official email

Hope this has been helpful.

Just ended a 13 + 6mins call with Jbols2001 on above issue,

All questions answered, All confusion cleared.

Thanks so much!
We'd speak on Monday as promised
Re: Process For Audited Accounts For Paying CIT & Others At FIRS In Port Harcourt by dannywest: 12:19pm On Dec 23, 2016
Re: Process For Audited Accounts For Paying CIT & Others At FIRS In Port Harcourt by dannywest: 7:58pm On Jan 12, 2017
Audited Accounts received today with filled tax assessment forms. Filing soon as possible. Thanks!

Jbols2001:
NB: I didn't drop my phone number and official email cos of spam mails and unsolicited text mags . Just send an email to Info@teaselconsults dot com

(1) (Reply)

Cost Per Action (CPA) And It Promotional Method. / Paying N2500 For Fiverr Review / The Day MMM Will Crash...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.