Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,094 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:48 AM

FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students (9218 Views)

Seized Pump Action Rifles: Nigerian Customs Meet With Turkish Ambassador(photos) / Man Who Visited Nnamdi Kanu Not Turkish Ambassador, See Pictures / Recession: FG Summons Emergency Session Over Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by aboy247: 7:15pm On Oct 06, 2016

The federal government has summoned Hakan Cakil, Turkish ambassador to Nigeria, over the detention of Nigerian students studying in the country.
Last week, the Turkish government allegedly ordered the arrest of 50 Nigerians. While some have been deported, others are being kept behind bars.
On Thursday, Geoffrey Onyeama, minister of foreign affairs, said the government had asked its Turkish counterpart to free the students.

“Turkish Amb. H. Cakil Summoned: Nigerian Students Release Demanded,” he wrote on Twitter.
One of the affected students had earlier told TheCable that he was captured like Abubakar Shekau, leader of the Boko Haram sect.

The electrical engineering undergraduate of the University of Fatih, said Turkish officials found nothing incriminating on him but deported him all the same.

“Well, right now, I’m inside the flight commencing my first leg of my return journey back to Abuja. After being marshalled in like Shekau that they just caught,” he had said.

“So, I came back, with an open mind considering since I was back in the country, I’ve been hearing reports about how returning students were being treated. But I felt, okay here I am, as innocent as ever, supposed to even have graduated with my set this year but for minor visa complications in that past that made me miss a semester.

“I handed my travel documents to the officer at the passport control desk. I gave him the documents, he looked that them, then asked me for my father’s name. I gave him. I didn’t think anything about it, then I saw him hysterically punching numbers in a cell phone and giving orders to people; that was when I starting getting worried.

“I still kept quiet all these while, though. Still managing to smile, until suddenly two armed policemen came next to me and demanded I follow them. I complied, still smiling even though they all were giving me hostile looks and had no kind emotions either of their faces. Anyways, they ushered me to a waiting area just close to the passport control area. Here, they made me wait for about 10 minutes; I could see them photocopying my passport, talking to one another in hurried sentences and what not. It all seemed frantic.”

Source: http://nigerianewsonline.com.ng/fg-summons-turkish-ambassador-over-detention-of-nigerian-students/
Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by sarrki(m): 7:18pm On Oct 06, 2016
The delay just too much
Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by abokibuhari: 7:20pm On Oct 06, 2016
sarrki:
The delay just too much
You've forgotten you voted for a snail hahhahahahaaaaaa

15 Likes

Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by dukechilezie(m): 8:25pm On Oct 06, 2016
You want to school in Nigeria ASUU will keep you longer than necessary, you go to foreign countries racism will not let you be, indiscriminate arrest by the Turkish government is now the news.

1 Like

Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by bennyann: 9:03pm On Oct 06, 2016
Summon? Hmmmm. Isn't it time for something beyond 'summon' to be done? I pray they don't spend till the end of the year summoning.
Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by veekid(m): 7:39am On Oct 07, 2016
Poor innocent students suffering from Nigeria's curse

11 Likes

Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by martineverest(m): 7:39am On Oct 07, 2016
tyrant erdogan should leave those innocent students alone.

He asked buhari to close turkish all schools in Nigeria and the federal govt refused because the schools are privately owned and they never committed any offense against nigerian govt.he is now retaliating by trying to deport innocent nigerian students

6 Likes

Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by YINKS89(m): 7:40am On Oct 07, 2016
dis has to stop..... angry angry angry angry angry
Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by englishmart(m): 7:41am On Oct 07, 2016
are there no Turkish people schooling here? Detain them too na. Don't negoviate. Just detain them.

15 Likes

Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by Thisis2raw(m): 7:42am On Oct 07, 2016
Nice one. The turks have a lot of explanation to do
Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by ubjunior10(m): 7:43am On Oct 07, 2016
Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 07, 2016
Arab countries is a no no to study.. Abeg send ya pikin to Europe or American if ya money no reach stay for Nigeria.. All this wahala too much

3 Likes

Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by Kayendy(m): 7:45am On Oct 07, 2016
Y summon when u can sımply close down. All these turkısh schools here and watch how they Wıll release those students
Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by Pavore9: 7:46am On Oct 07, 2016
“Well, right now, I’m inside the flight commencing my first leg of my return journey back to Abuja. After being marshalled in like Shekau that they just caught,” he had said......... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by Pavore9: 7:49am On Oct 07, 2016
Kayendy:
Y summon when u can sımply close down. All these turkısh schools here and watch how they Wıll release those students

Are those Turkısh schools violating Nigerian laws?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by Lusola15: 7:50am On Oct 07, 2016
The other day on national tv a man said he pity his children and his grandchildren. Ever since that day I have been thinking what will happen to my children and grandchildren because of the way things are going
Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 07, 2016
If only Nigeria has guts, but we hadn't. U only have guts when you are relevant to the world. Sorry students, come home.
Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by smogup: 7:53am On Oct 07, 2016
They said we now have a new sheriff in town, that Nigerians will be treated with respect abroad bla bla bla

But what we have now is an old kunu sucking dullard enjoying his pension

6 Likes

Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 07, 2016
Can they do that?
Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by cyrilamx(m): 7:54am On Oct 07, 2016
Research before you comment. Where do you think Turkey is? Turkey is the modern name of biblical Ephesus. Remember St. Paul's epistle to the Ephesians? Well turkey is in present day Europe and though has 90 plus percent Muslims, it has been a secular state since Atartuk's reform in 1909.
smithsydny:
Arab countries is a no no to study.. Abeg send ya pikin to Europe or American if ya money no reach stay for Nigeria.. All this wahala too much
Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by jeeqaa7(m): 7:54am On Oct 07, 2016
its about that time
Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by favourmic(m): 7:54am On Oct 07, 2016
From day one of Nigeria they always maltreat us in abraod
Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by INTROVERT(f): 7:55am On Oct 07, 2016
OUR GOVT WAITED AGES TO DO THIS.
Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by rabex123(m): 7:58am On Oct 07, 2016
cyrilamx:
Research before you comment. Where do you think Turkey is? Turkey is the modern name of biblical Ephesus. Remember St. Paul's epistle to the Ephesians? Well turkey is in present day Europe and though has 90 plus percent Muslims, it has been a secular state since Atartuk's reform in 1909.
Bros don't waste ur time on this wanna be wailers
Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 07, 2016
cyrilamx:
my mistake. Muslim countries

1 Like

Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by Houseofglam7(f): 8:04am On Oct 07, 2016
Who turkey abi na chicken epp
Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:06am On Oct 07, 2016
shocked what law have these innocent Nigerians violated
Pavore9:

Are those Turkısh schools violating Nigerian laws?

1 Like

Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by GBTYO: 8:07am On Oct 07, 2016
ISIS wannabes heading to Syria claiming Students.

I can bet the only reason the fascist Buhari govt reacted is because they are all Northerners.
Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by abnur14(m): 8:07am On Oct 07, 2016
hmm..I didn't even expect them to react..
Re: FG Summons Turkish Ambassador Over Detention Of Nigerian Students by GBTYO: 8:10am On Oct 07, 2016
cyrilamx:

Sultan Wannabe aka Erdogan was elected in the platform of a Muslim party similar in ideology with the now banned Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood.

Erdogan has been trying to implement sharia law into Turkey since elected to a level of success.

His links to ISIS is well documented. And the not so recent coup in Turkey was to rid Turkey of this boko king.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Election Campaigns: INEC Lists Guidelines For Conduct Of Rallies / Mele Kyari: Refineries Can’t Be Restored Soon, A Process Is Going On / Happy 50th Independence To All Nigerians - Is It Worth It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.