Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,905 members, 7,799,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss (13747 Views)

Building Technology/ Engineering Forum : A Thread For Builders. / Criminologist Forum Let Us Know You / A Thread About Public Health: Career Discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 10, 2016
AyamConfidence:
bicycle stop me here abeg

hatey I see ya
I see you too bro wink. I love ya kiss kiss
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 10, 2016
Cutehector:
Iamhatey please go for it.
I'm reading up on it. Thanks
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 10, 2016
slytubadth:
i once had interest in studying this curse buh due to the fact dat d institution offering it was a bit farther from ma state. i jst had to let it slide buh never the less, am not ruling out doing it at msc level.
finish your waec first, you hear
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 10, 2016
egorov:
I'm a forensic scientist, am I allowed?
OMG! I love this course big time. A friend of mine abroad just graduated, I admire her
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 10, 2016
misscall247:
Na u buy data for her?

Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 10, 2016
ibkbisi:
For those considering studying this as a second degree i.e. MSc, main destinations for a Masters in Criminology or Forensic Science are : US, UK, Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden.

However, you can also study at more affordable unis in : Germany, Belgium, Czech Republic and Kenya.

For affordable study abroad options in Europe, contact me via my signature.

I'm one of them. What are the requirements
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by ijoba22(m): 9:21am On Oct 10, 2016
kehinde1588:
UNILORIN is one of them
tanx bro
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by brightballer(m): 9:36am On Oct 10, 2016
tobaxline:
Which universities is offering d course?
AAUA..Uniilorin..those are the ones I know for sure.
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by Snapchat: 9:37am On Oct 10, 2016
Donemmy:

If you have the burning desire u can enroll for BSC Crim & Security Studies @ Open University. @PG level u can count on Ekiti state Uni, Ondo state Uni, Nasarawa State Uni, ABU ( criminal justice & Law enforcement), Unilag( proffessional Master not Academic) & few others

Ondo State Uni? Really?
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by prodigy97(m): 9:41am On Oct 10, 2016
CzarChris:
I had an uncle who studied this course in the UK, he is late now. I'm surprised to hear that it's been offered here in Nigeria. I would like to know the universities that offer this course.
aaua
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by slytubadth(m): 9:48am On Oct 10, 2016
MissHatey:
finish your waec first, you hear
did u see me in ur dreams last 9ite?
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 10, 2016
slytubadth:
did u see me in ur dreams last 9ite?
but who are you undecided
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 10, 2016
Snapchat:

Ondo State Uni? Really?
that Akungba Akoko University
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by slytubadth(m): 10:28am On Oct 10, 2016
MissHatey:
but who are you undecided
your slayer
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by Obcglobal(m): 10:42am On Oct 10, 2016
Am proud to be a criminologist at EKSU and after that and after bsc go for my msc in criminology and penology. Up great criminologists

1 Like

Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by tukdi: 10:43am On Oct 10, 2016
TrapQueen77:
If only my mother juz listened to me... Maybe by now, I'm in the crime lab doing my stuff... cry cry

I love this course so damn much but she refused to support me and told me tat Im so delusional to take this course...

tongue
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by Snapchat: 10:53am On Oct 10, 2016
MissHatey:
that Akungba Akoko University
yeah...i'm an aauite. just wanted him to correct himself
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by almujeebe(m): 11:09am On Oct 10, 2016
kehinde1588:
I study criminology in the university and am very proud to be one. I remember I applied for accounting but eventually I was given criminology. At first I was so depressed and feeling reluctant to do the course, thank God for my friend who gave me a little orientation and courage to go for it. Society is the womb for crime, as much as the society keep existing, crime cannot be avoided of which makes the course so relevant. To say the fact,its a nice course to study. luckily for me ,my set is the pioneer of criminology in university of ilorin . 300l

Can you please state O'level requirement for this course in Unilorin
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 10, 2016
slytubadth:
your slayer
you are still the same o.d.e + m.u.mu undecided
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by almujeebe(m): 11:21am On Oct 10, 2016
walexzee11:
I'm loving my choosen career!!

Criminology and Security studies is a course full of insight with assured career development.

Thus far I think I want to be a practicing Intelligence Analyst. That is the aspect of Intelligence collection, processing and evaluation where Nigeria lack credible and competent professionals which has shown in ways Intelligence decision are made with gross error leading to lack of public trust among Nigeria Security Circle.

I look forward to have more discussions with fellow Criminologist.

Well done for the message you are trying to pass.
But I think you are tying to enlighten we Novice about the course which I am expecting you to shed more light on the course, like the pros and cons of the course, the requirement in O'level, requirement in A'level and other information about the course.
Thank you
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by kehinde1588(m): 12:31pm On Oct 10, 2016
almujeebe:

Can you please state O'level requirement for this course in Unilorin
You need to make your 7 credits, having credit in Math, English, Govt, Economics, biology, Geography and any other subject.
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 10, 2016
ok. after studying the course, what next?
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by kehinde1588(m): 1:14pm On Oct 10, 2016
Joavid:
ok. after studying the course, what next?
Rubbish question
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by CzarChris(m): 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2016
tosyno1990:
ekiti
state university,ado ekiti
Thanks for the information.
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by Oyimiso(f): 3:49pm On Oct 10, 2016
I love this damn course,very lucrative in foreign countries
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by slytubadth(m): 4:35pm On Oct 10, 2016
MissHatey:
you are still the same o.d.e + m.u.mu undecided
act as a lady for once. with this kinda atitude how do u intend to wow any man
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by Donemmy(m): 5:00pm On Oct 10, 2016
kehinde1588:
Very nice one. How far have u gone in achieving this and what are the things on ground to motivate other criminologists to be part of this movement.
The rationale is to create a unified platform for the promotion of criminology & criminological research in Nig. No doubt we have other existing institutes such as institute of criminology & penology, institute of criminology & security studies, institute of criminology & criminal justice etc. These are all private institutes with almost same ideosyncritic values without reference to "esprit de corp". How then can criminology proffessionals encourage, debate & analyse researches & theories of crime, crminal etiology, recidivism, juvenile delinquency etc & contribute meaningfully to crime control & prevention.
Today we British society of criminology, American society of criminology, Indian society of criminology, philipine Society of criminology etc all contributing greatly to the global fight against terrorism & other organised crimes.
I most acknowledge the contributions & sacrifices of Criminology Student Society Nigeria in promoting criminology in Nigeria. Keep the flag flying high. At student level criminology students are doing great job.
Nigerian Society of Criminology is conceived to be a non partisan, non profit making proffessional body with the sole aim of creating a unified platform for the promotion of criminological research in Nig. That is my submission. Feel free to share same idea with your Lacturers if and only if you believe is achievable.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by Donemmy(m): 5:02pm On Oct 10, 2016
Donemmy:

The rationale is to create a unified platform for the promotion of criminology & criminological research in Nig. No doubt we have other existing institutes such as institute of criminology & penology, institute of criminology & security studies, institute of criminology & criminal justice etc. These are all private institutes with almost same ideosyncritic value without reference to "esprit de corp". How then can criminology proffessionals encourage, debate & analyse researches & theories of crime, crminal etiology, recidivism, juvenile delinquency etc & contribute meaningfully to crime control & prevention.
Today we British society of criminology, American society of criminology, Indian society of criminology, philipine Society of criminology etc all contributing greatly to the global fight against terrorism & other organised crimes.
I most acknowledge the contributions & sacrifices of Criminology Student Society Nigeria in promoting criminology in Nigeria. Keep the flag flying high. At student level criminology students are doing great job.
Nigerian Society of Criminology is conceived to be a non partisan, non profit making proffessional body with the sole aim of creating a unified platform for the promotion of criminological research in Nig. That is my submission. Feel free to share same idea with your Lacturers if and only if you believe is achievable.
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 10, 2016
Proud to be a criminologist

1 Like

Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by Donemmy(m): 5:10pm On Oct 10, 2016
Obcglobal:
Am proud to be a criminologist at EKSU and after that and after bsc go for my msc in criminology and penology. Up great criminologists
Fellow criminologist@EKSU please i need comprehensive information about Phd criminology program in your school. Thinking of starting by next. Research interest: (a)Criminal Motivation (b) criminal recidivism in Nig.
I will appreciate if you can be of help. aemsaakobi@yahoo.ca
Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by Donemmy(m): 5:14pm On Oct 10, 2016
Snapchat:

Ondo State Uni? Really?
Ajasin Akungba Univeristy (AAU)

1 Like

Re: A Thread About Criminologist: Career Discuss by egorov(m): 5:24pm On Oct 10, 2016
MissHatey:
OMG! I love this course big time. A friend of mine abroad just graduated, I admire her
u can study it as well. Its really a good course, and very interesting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

La Casera Reinstates 700 Sacked Workers / In Need Of My Employer's Help That, If Done, Will See Me Leave His Job / I Returned Excess Payment At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.