Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? (3080 Views)

How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? / How Can Jesus Be Both God And God's Son? / How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by Abdulgaffar22: 2:30am On Oct 07, 2016
Christians believe that Jesus died for our sins: yet Deuteronomy 24:16,
Ezekiel 18:20-22, Jeremiah 31:30,2nd Chronicles 25:4, 2nd Kings 14:6 and
Exodus 32:30-33 established that the person that commits sin is the one who
will die. Even logically, this very doctrine cannot be true because telling
the believers that they will no longer be held responsible for all their
sins since one innocent man has already been held responsible on their
behalf seems to imply that they are now free to commit sins in as much as
they believe in this substitutionary atonement sacrifice. Whereas telling
the believers that, unless they repent sincerely by turning from their
sinful ways, they themselves will be held responsible for their sins would
make them think twice before committing any sin. Of course the latter is
more logical and reasonable than the former. Besides, we are told in the gospel that Jesus forgave sin while he was still alive. When he forgave sin, he didn’t say it would be forgiven some time in the future after his death and resurrection. He said “your sins are forgiven.” sounds like present-tense to me. So if he could forgive sin without dying, why did he have to die at all?

1 Like

Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by Nobody: 3:00am On Oct 07, 2016
JESUS CHRIST IS THE LORD. HE IS A MEMBER OF THE TRINITY AND GOD THE SON. SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY AND TOMORROW... HE IS THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE... GOOD MORNING CHRIST JESUS.

OP LEARN TO BE CIVIL AND LEAVE OTHER PEOPLE'S RELIGIOUS BELIEFS AND VALUES ALONE.... you woke up at 2AM to write about something not your concern? talk about being disturbed and idle....

3 Likes

Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by Amberon: 3:57am On Oct 07, 2016
Christianity must really give you sleepless nights. In less than two hours you already made five anti Christian threads. You're losing so much sleep on christianity.

2 Likes

Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by felixomor: 8:00am On Oct 07, 2016
Amberon:
Christianity must really give you sleepless nights. In less than two hours you already made five anti Christian threads. You're losing so much sleep on christianity.

Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by ifenes(m): 8:29am On Oct 07, 2016
Jesus dying for the Sin deity,the Moon on the cross of the zodiac is about the Sun dying and the moon takes over for the night and then rising from the dead in the morning. Otherwise no one died for the wrong doings of anyone
Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by 4everGod1: 8:36am On Oct 07, 2016
ifenes:
Jesus dying for the Sin deity,the Moon on the cross of the zodiac is about the Sun dying and the moon takes over for the night and then rising from the dead in the morning. Otherwise no one died for the wrong doings of anyone

Kolomentally kolomental....Smh

1 Like

Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by hopefulLandlord: 8:45am On Oct 07, 2016
some bastard son of an acclaimed virgin who was beaten, tortured and crucified for blasphemy and disturbing the peace in far away Israel died for my (Nigerian) wrongdoings?

abeg, tell us another fiction
Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by 4everGod1: 9:01am On Oct 07, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
some bastard son of an acclaimed virgin who was beaten, tortured and crucified for blasphemy and disturbing the peace in far away Israel died for my (Nigerian) wrongdoings?

abeg, tell us another fiction

I can feel your palpable pain at the reality of this....but wait....how has this your comment rewritten or done a 180 with the minds of the faithful and lovers of God.....

Hate him all you want and bash him all you want but like one late politician once said " your rantings are the rantings of an ant"....oh wait thats too much honour being accorded you by me.....I would rather compare you to nothingness than compare you with an ant...at least an ant has purpose and to its purpose it sticks and never deviates. Your purpose is atheism so why are tou deviating to Christianity in order to make your atheism relevant...Can atheism not speak from a foundation or present an atheistic worldview without jumping on the boat of Christianity?

Your butts must be smarting pretty bad! Take heart....whats done is done and cannot be undone....Awesome morning to you

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by hopefulLandlord: 9:09am On Oct 07, 2016
4everGod1:

I can feel your palpable pain at the reality of this....but wait....how has this your comment rewritten or done a 180 with the minds of the faithful and lovers of God.....

Hate him all you want and bash him all you want but like one late politician once said " your rantings are the rantings of an ant"....oh wait thats too much honour being accorded you by me.....I would rather compare you to nothingness than compare you with an ant...at least an ant has purpose and to its purpose it sticks and never deviates. Your purpose is atheism so why are tou deviating to Christianity in order to make your atheism relevant...Can atheism not speak from a foundation or present an atheistic worldview without jumping on the boat of Christianity?

Your butts must be smarting pretty bad! Take heart....whats done is done and cannot be undone....Awesome morning to you

I'm not antichristian, I'm atheist

all gods are figments of imagination including yours

we bash Christian god more for obvious reasons and I won't go over that reason for the umpteenth time

I know it must feel good for you to use Christianity in place of all religion to make yourself feel bette but I'm not gonna kill that delusion of yours, it might be what keeps you going

wish you an awesome day
Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by 4everGod1: 9:16am On Oct 07, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I'm not antichristian, I'm atheist

all gods are figments of imagination including yours

we bash Christian god more for obvious reasons and I won't go over that reason for the umpteenth time

I know it must feel good for you to use Christianity in place of all religion to make yourself feel bette but I'm not gonna kill that delusion of yours, it might be what keeps you going

sigh you and I know you couldn't even if you gave it your out of this world best shot.

But let me ask you a question.... Have you ever seen a carnivorous rabbit or a carnivorous goat before?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by hopefulLandlord: 9:18am On Oct 07, 2016
4everGod1:

sigh you and I know you couldn't even if you gave it your out of this world best shot.

of course, the delusion and indoctrination is too deep
Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by 4everGod1: 9:20am On Oct 07, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

of course, the delusion and indoctrination is too deep

have you ever seen a carnivorous rabbit or goat before?
Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by hopefulLandlord: 9:22am On Oct 07, 2016
4everGod1:

have you ever seen a carnivorous rabbit or goat before?

have you?
Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by 4everGod1: 9:23am On Oct 07, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

have you?

Why are you afraid of answering? its just a question.
Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by hopefulLandlord: 9:24am On Oct 07, 2016
4everGod1:

Why are you afraid of answering? its just a question.
isn't this what you usually do? grin
have you?
Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by 4everGod1: 9:25am On Oct 07, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

isn't this what you usually do? grin
have you?
sigh....ok skip that have you seen rabbits before or goats?
Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by hopefulLandlord: 9:26am On Oct 07, 2016
4everGod1:

sigh....ok skip that have you seen rabbits before or goats?
have you?
Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by 4everGod1: 9:28am On Oct 07, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

have you?

Everyone has! And we are taught that Rabbits and Goats eat certain things but not flesh.

But do you know that in reality there are carnivorous rabbits and goats?
Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by hopefulLandlord: 9:29am On Oct 07, 2016
4everGod1:

Everyone has! And we are taught that Rabbits and Goats eat certain things but not flesh.

But do you know that in reality there are carnivorous rabbits and goats?

interesting
Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by 4everGod1: 9:36am On Oct 07, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

interesting
So how come nobody talks about these carnivorous rabbits and goats?
Is it because they do not exist? Or based on another reason.....
Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by hopefulLandlord: 9:40am On Oct 07, 2016
4everGod1:

So how come nobody talks about these carnivorous rabbits and goats?

Is it because they do not exist? Or based on another reason.....

maybe because nobody has claimed those carnivorous rabbits deserve our worship and it created the world and we are doomed if we don't pray to that animal for our forgiveness

or based on another reason.........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by 4everGod1: 9:43am On Oct 07, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

maybe because nobody has claimed those carnivorous rabbits deserve our worship and it created the world and we are doomed if we don't pray to that animal for our forgiveness

Or simply because it would be a huge dent in Biological authority which came from science..... I suggest you research this.

So much cover up just to keep certain persons happy....

You say you are open minded so feel free to sniff around...

Everything with you shouldnt have to be God God God yu know? You talk about Him even more than I do and I am a Christian while you are an Atheist. Shouldnt the roles be reversed?
Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by hopefulLandlord: 9:45am On Oct 07, 2016
4everGod1:

Or simply because it would be a huge dent in Biological authority which came from science..... I suggest you research this.

So much cover up just to keep certain persons happy....

You say you are open minded so feel free to sniff around...

I've not checked the goat one

but https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowshoe_hare is not being "covered up" is it?

and how does it "dent" really? I thought science moves with each new discovery?
Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by felixomor: 9:45am On Oct 07, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

So who created the world from the stage of nothing? grin
Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by hopefulLandlord: 9:48am On Oct 07, 2016
felixomor:

So who created the world from the stage of nothing? grin

I don't know

but you've successfully given that ignorance a name and claim he must be worshipped and accepted or I burn in eternal furnace

questions like this you just asked led to The Invisible Pink Unicorn and The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by 4everGod1: 9:52am On Oct 07, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I've not checked the goat one

but https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowshoe_hare is not being "covered up" is it?

and how does it "dent" really? I thought science moves with each new discovery?

You do not know how to sniff around do you? smh

if Science moves on with each discovery so why are they not moving on with this one?

Sniff around means do an indept investigative research and not a simple google search.
Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by felixomor: 9:53am On Oct 07, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I don't know

but you've successfully given that ignorance a name and claim he must be worshipped and accepted or I burn in eternal furnace

questions like this you just asked led to The Invisible Pink Unicorn and The Flying Spaghetti Monster

U dont know something (aka ignorance), so with what knowledge are u using to validate or refute someone else's claim?
I hope u know what a fallacy means?
cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by hopefulLandlord: 9:58am On Oct 07, 2016
4everGod1:

Everything with you shouldnt have to be God God God yu know? You talk about Him even more than I do and I am a Christian while you are an Atheist. Shouldnt the roles be reversed?

lol

you added this later

what makes you some yardstick about that?

go make another fake prophecy testimony

your fellow deluded people need it
Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by 4everGod1: 9:58am On Oct 07, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I don't know

The pink unicorn visible or invisible and and spaghetti monster were all brought about just to make fun and buttress some ridiculous points atheists raised but do you know why really logical and sane people laugh whenever the Pink unicorn or spaghetti monster are mentioned (including truthfully open minded atheists by the way) is simply because both cannot compare....

One comes via people who have had experiences and confirmed witnesses which has lasted for decades without refutation while the other is just somebodys boyish imagination which has no history and no experience and no witness.

I trust you can tell the difference.
Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by hopefulLandlord: 9:58am On Oct 07, 2016
felixomor:

U dont know something (aka ignorance), so with what knowledge are u using to validate or refute someone else's claim?
I hope u know what a fallacy means?
cool

read my comment again, this time S L O W L Y
Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by hopefulLandlord: 10:00am On Oct 07, 2016
4everGod1:

The pink unicorn visible or invisible and and spaghetti monster were all brought about just to make fun and buttress some ridiculous points atheists raised but do you know why really logical and sane people laugh whenever the Pink unicorn or spaghetti monster are mentioned (including truthfully open minded atheists by the way) is simply because both cannot compare....

One comes via people who have had experiences and confirmed witnesses which has lasted for decades without refutation while the other is just somebodys boyish imagination which has no history and no experience and no witness.

I trust you can tell the difference.

his noodliness touch our everyday lives

The claim that the below is a 3200 year old typo is preposterous. According to an expert, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is actually the "Son of Ra" the god of the sun and way older than these upstart "sons of god"/prophets from just a couple thousand years ago or less. Two meatballs, spaghetti, bowl...obvious. Pasta be with you all on the glorious day.

Re: Can Jesus Die For Our Sins? by felixomor: 10:01am On Oct 07, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

read my comment again, this time S L O W L Y

I cant see the knowledge i asked u there.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Muslims, Christians, Jews, Deists - Give Me Solid Proof That God Exists. / God Is Above Jesus Christ! / Get Paid N5,000 Per Correct Answer To A Bible Quiz Every Week!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.