Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,885 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:31 AM

Fashola Commends Chidi Anyaegbu Of Chisco Transport. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Commends Chidi Anyaegbu Of Chisco Transport. (12164 Views)

Buhari Commends Saraki, Dogara, Lawmakers For Passing 2016 Budget / 18 Chisco Buses Bunrt Down By APC Igbo In Crucial Meeting Total War In Lagos Pix / Ban-Ki-Moon Commends Nigeria, Cameroon For Bakassi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Commends Chidi Anyaegbu Of Chisco Transport. by vangogh: 11:21pm On Oct 20, 2009
Dede1:

@okokomeji

I have no intentions to reply to goofy posts. However if such posts devoid of truth and intellect were allowed to pass without rebuttal, morons such as you would mistake them as gospel. I have observed that you edited this post from the previous ones. Did you realize that first person out of the protectorates to earn PhD was Nnedum Okonkwo.

Both Crowther and Marculaey were not Yoruba but claimed Yoruba due the fact that freed slaves from Freetown found their way to Lagos.

For the sake of posterity, Macaulay did not alone found NNDP. He accomplished the feat with individuals such Mr. Egerton-shyngle, Dr CC Adeniyi-Jones (Sierra Leoneans), Bars. Eric Moore and J. C. Zizer (Sierra Leonean). He was not even president of party.

The National Youth Movement founded by H.O. Davis (returnee) Dr. J C Vaughan (returnee) Dr. Kofo Abayomi (returnee) Mr. Ernest S Ikoli, Dr. Nnamdi Azikwe and Mr. O. Awolowo defeated NNDP during the Lagos Town Council election of 1938. It is the factions of National Youth Movement and NNDP that gave rise to NCNC 1944 with Haerbart Macaulay as the president and Zik the national secretary.

Samuel Ajayi Crowther was born in Osogun, modern day Oyo state in 1809. Herbert Macaulay was born in Lagos in 1864. He was the grandson of Ajayi Crowther.
While it is true that many returnees returned to Lagos, Ajayi Crowther's case was different, he was actually a captured slave that was set free in Sierra Leone, and he simply returned back to his roots, Nigeria.
Many returnees (Brazilians) did return to San Gros area --a section of Lagos.
Re: Fashola Commends Chidi Anyaegbu Of Chisco Transport. by babapupa: 11:55pm On Oct 20, 2009

Samuel Ajayi Crowther

Bishop Samuel Adjai (Ajayi) Crowther (c. 1807 - December 31, 1891) was a linguist and the first African Anglican bishop in Nigeria. Born in Osogun, Yorubaland (in today's Iseyin Local Government, Oyo State, Nigeria), Rev. Dr. Samuel Ajayi Crowther was a member of the Yoruba ethnic group.

Ajayi was captured by Fulani slave raiders in 1821 and sold to Portuguese slave traders. Before leaving port, his ship was boarded by the British Navy, and Crowther was taken to Freetown, Sierra Leone and released. While there, Crowther was cared for by the Anglican Church Missionary Society, who taught him English. He converted to Christianity, was baptized by Rev. John Raban, and took the name Samuel Crowther in 1825. While in Freetown, Crowther became interested in languages. In 1826 he was taken to England to attend Islington Parish School. He returned to Freetown in 1827 and attended the newly-opened Fourah Bay College, an Anglican missionary school, where his interest in language found him studying Latin and Greek but also Temne. After completing his studies he began teaching at the school. He also married Asano Susan, a schoolmistress, who was also on the Portuguese slave ship that originally brought Crowther to Sierra Leone.

In 1841 Crowther was selected to accompany the missionary J.F.Schön on an expedition along the Niger River. Together with Schön, he was expected to learn Hausa for use on the expedition. The goal of the expedition was to spread commerce, teach agricultural techniques, spread Christianity, and help end the slave trade. Following the expedition, Crowther was recalled to England, where he was trained as a minister and ordained by the bishop of London. He returned to Africa in 1843 and with Henry Townsend, opened a mission in Abeokuta, in today's Ogun State, Nigeria.

Rev. Dr. Crowther began translating the Bible into the Yoruba language and compiling a Yoruba dictionary. In 1843, a grammar book which he started working on during the Niger expedition was published; and a Yoruba version of the Anglican Book of Common Prayer followed later. He also began codifying other languages. Following the British Niger Expeditions of 1854 and 1857, Crowther produced a primer for the Igbo language in 1857, another for the Nupe language in 1860, and a full grammar and vocabulary of Nupe in 1864.

In 1864, Crowther was ordained as the first African bishop of the Anglican Church. That same year he also received a Doctor of Divinity from Oxford University. Bishp Dr. Crowther's attention was directed more and more to languages other than Yoruba, but he continued to supervise the translation of the Yoruba Bible (Bibeli Mimọ), which was completed in the mid-1880's, a few years before his death. In 1891, Crowther suffered a stroke and died the last day of that year.

http://en.allexperts.com/e/s/sa/samuel_ajayi_crowther.htm
Re: Fashola Commends Chidi Anyaegbu Of Chisco Transport. by Dede1(m): 12:59am On Oct 21, 2009
vangogh:

Samuel Ajayi Crowther was born in Osogun, modern day Oyo state in 1809. Herbert Macaulay was born in Lagos in 1864. He was the grandson of Ajayi Crowther.
While it is true that many returnees returned to Lagos, Ajayi Crowther's case was different, he was actually a captured slave that was set free in Sierra Leone, and he simply returned back to his roots, Nigeria.
Many returnees (Brazilians) did return to San Gros area --a section of Lagos.

I stand my statement when I wrote that Samuel Ajayi Crowther claimed to be Yoruba. How could a boy who does not even know his native full name remember the month and year he was born? The fact remains the period of his birth as quoted for Crowther is at best conjecture. There was no any form of birth registry at the jungle were the said Crowther was born and the inhabitants of such geographical spot did know that years and days were named as we know them today.
Re: Fashola Commends Chidi Anyaegbu Of Chisco Transport. by babapupa: 1:42am On Oct 21, 2009
I stand my statement when I wrote that Samuel Ajayi Crowther claimed to be Yoruba. How could a boy who does not even know his native full name remember the month and year he was born? The fact remains the period of his birth as quoted for Crowther is at best conjecture. There was no any form of birth registry at the jungle were the said Crowther was born and the inhabitants of such geographical spot did know that years and days were named as we know them today.

Your comeback is not only trash, it's void of intelligent reasoning and curiosity. Why is it so hard to think logically?

Do you want us to trash history and subscribe to your version of garbage.

We know he was a yoruba linguist and he translated the bible into Yoruba, he even compiled Yoruba dictionary.

Now, abeg tell me who teach him how to speak Yoruba. shey na the fulani slave raiders, abi na the Portuguese slave traders or the christian missionaries?

How come they didn't pick hausa or igbo name?

Feel free to bury your head in the sand with your version of history, you just need to keep it to yourself.
Re: Fashola Commends Chidi Anyaegbu Of Chisco Transport. by chase4(m): 4:15pm On Oct 21, 2009
The topic here has been completely derailed the same way we derail everything.
Re: Fashola Commends Chidi Anyaegbu Of Chisco Transport. by AfroCynic: 4:52pm On Oct 21, 2009
Mehn, see de bile una dey spew, Does all this take away from the fact that the Chisco is doing a good thing or that Fashola is right to commend his good works?
Re: Fashola Commends Chidi Anyaegbu Of Chisco Transport. by Dede1(m): 7:21pm On Oct 21, 2009
babapupa:

Your comeback is not only trash, it's void of intelligent reasoning and curiosity. Why is it so hard to think logically?

Do you want us to trash history and subscribe to your version of garbage.

We know he was a yoruba linguist and he translated the bible into Yoruba, he even compiled Yoruba dictionary.

Now, abeg tell me who teach him how to speak Yoruba. shey na the fulani slave raiders, abi na the Portuguese slave traders or the christian missionaries?

How come they didn't pick hausa or igbo name?

Feel free to bury your head in the sand with your version of history, you just need to keep it to yourself.

There is no doubt that you are a lazy fool that is blinded to the idiocy of ethnic bias. Lift your moronic self and attempt to feast those myopic eyes to constructive research. You can jump off the cliff for all I care, but I must reiterate that all the returnees claimed ethnicity based on whatever that informed their thought.
Re: Fashola Commends Chidi Anyaegbu Of Chisco Transport. by babapupa: 8:31pm On Oct 21, 2009
There is no doubt that you are a lazy fool that is blinded to the idiocy of ethnic bias. Lift your moronic self and attempt to feast those myopic eyes to constructive research. You can jump off the cliff for all I care, but I must reiterate that all the returnees claimed ethnicity based on whatever that informed their thought.

What an olodo idiot!!

Instead of displaying to us how stupid and dumb you are, why not do your own research to counter mine and other's documented historical facts.

Obviously, you don't know your history. Only a perpetual ignorant and dumb head in the sand fool argues against history.

Btw, you didn't answer mu questions.
Re: Fashola Commends Chidi Anyaegbu Of Chisco Transport. by Dede1(m): 1:11pm On Oct 22, 2009
babapupa:

What an olodo idiot!!

Instead of displaying to us how stupid and dumb you are, why not do your own research to counter mine and other's documented historical facts.

Obviously, you don't know your history. Only a perpetual ignorant and dumb head in the sand fool argues against history.

You are a deranged domesticated swine that have decided to constitute into a dirty public nuisance. Well you have woefully failed to comprehend one sentence directive and I would not waste my time leading a punk ass such as you into a complex history of the areas that metamorphosed into the cesspit known as Nigeria. In addition, I would not stoop low to your level of expertise of copy and paste off Wikipedia.

For the sake of the argument, I urge a lazy goon such as you to verify the reason behind the return to Sierra Leone by the returnees that had already acquired Yoruba name. Please check the reasons why the returnees chose to settle in Eko and Abeokuta environs instead of places such as Ogbomosho, Ibadan, Ilesha, Osogbo, Akure, Kaduna, Kano, Benin and Onitsha.

There was election for Lagos town hall in 1938 in which a seemingly new youth outfit defeated the well established outfit such as NNDP led by Herbert Macaulay. Most candidates for NNDP were Sierra Leoneans and returnees while NYM fielded candidates such as Messer Alakija, Ikoli and Adesanya. Also, remember that your political godfather was a street money-changer who fanned the issue that focused on the son-of-the-soil candidature.
Re: Fashola Commends Chidi Anyaegbu Of Chisco Transport. by lannre(m): 1:37pm On Oct 22, 2009
Ajike:

i thik you should be in better position to tell us since you find it difficult to trust yurself not to talk of another person and after Fashola you can go abroad and source for candidate that will not tourch your money during and after his tenure.

@ Ajike

I am not fighting you. I only ask a question. There is no need to insult me if you don't have an answer to my question. Our Leaders are just fooling us with many diversionary issues. We all know this .No need to fight here. Its good to ask some question you know. Nigeria problems transcend beyond trading words. Which President never steal ? which Governor will claim saints ? and your last line , are you justifying fraud ?
Re: Fashola Commends Chidi Anyaegbu Of Chisco Transport. by buogo: 7:05pm On Oct 22, 2009
The author or Chidi Anyaegbu"s biography has not been paid, he published the book without her consent. she worked on the book for 19months; what is he giving to the society pls?
Re: Fashola Commends Chidi Anyaegbu Of Chisco Transport. by chase4(m): 7:31pm On Oct 22, 2009
babapupa:

What an olodo idiot!!

Actually babapupa, it is okay to argue against history
Re: Fashola Commends Chidi Anyaegbu Of Chisco Transport. by babapupa: 8:44pm On Oct 22, 2009

You are a deranged domesticated swine that have decided to constitute into a dirty public nuisance. Well you have woefully failed to comprehend one sentence directive and I would not waste my time leading a punk ass such as you into a complex history of the areas that metamorphosed into the cesspit known as Nigeria. In addition, I would not stoop low to your level of expertise of copy and paste off Wikipedia.

For the sake of the argument, I urge a lazy goon such as you to verify the reason behind the return to Sierra Leone by the returnees that had already acquired Yoruba name. Please check the reasons why the returnees chose to settle in Eko and Abeokuta environs instead of places such as Ogbomosho, Ibadan, Ilesha, Osogbo, Akure, Kaduna, Kano, Benin and Onitsha.

There was election for Lagos town hall in 1938 in which a seemingly new youth outfit defeated the well established outfit such as NNDP led by Herbert Macaulay. Most candidates for NNDP were Sierra Leoneans and returnees while NYM fielded candidates such as Messer Alakija, Ikoli and Adesanya. Also, remember that your political godfather was a street money-changer who fanned the issue that focused on the son-of-the-soil candidature.

Unfortunately for you, you can not substitute or re-write a man's biography and history with trash talk and your own out of the ass version and absurdity.  

So, our elementary schools copied and pasted  Bishop Ajayi Crowder's bio' and history off Wikipedia right?

lmao. What an idiot,

You wont answer my questions, you wont provide your own documented version of the mans bio and history, all your olodo self have to spew is trash talk.

I bet you fail WAEC sef,
Re: Fashola Commends Chidi Anyaegbu Of Chisco Transport. by babapupa: 8:51pm On Oct 22, 2009

Actually babapupa, it is okay to argue against history

I didn't say it's not OK, I said "Only a perpetual ignorant and dumb head in the sand fool argues against history"

Feel free to help and equip him with a credible and documented version of the man's history because talk is cheap.

What exactly do you teach your kids? what's in the history books or your own unfounded and distorted version?

Please stop the madness.
Re: Fashola Commends Chidi Anyaegbu Of Chisco Transport. by Eziachi: 10:03pm On Oct 22, 2009
@okokomeji,

If you spent more time with your books more than you spent measuring the width, length of Igboland and it's size, your life would have been much better. I don't know why you are obsessed about the size of the Igboland and its landmass and spoke ppeson for those you called rivers people who will not join Igbos when you start to divide thm by yourself.
My friend please, get it into you thick skull that Its not the size of a nation that make it great. Sweden is probably the size of Rivers state but they gave the world SAAB, VOLVO, ERICSSON ELECTRONICS, BOEING AIRCRAFT ENGINE and many more. And how big is Taiwan?

Algeria is almost the size of the whole of Western Europe and what do they produce to the world? Unending number of terrorists.

This is about Dr Chidi Anyaegbu, founder and owner of Chisco motors. He started as an apprentice, his father or mother is nobody, He hasn't got a big uncle who is in the army or Agbada stealing public fund, he is not a politician, he is not a millionaire civil servant at retirement. His business is based in Nnewi/Onitsha, with a huge branch in Lagos where he employs many unemployed Nigerians and that is what Fashola is talking about and that is what you should be talking about too.
But instaed as usual you decended nto your usual tripe, telling us how you are related to Ajai Crowther and Herbert Macauley as if that put food on the table for you. And how you originated western education when we are still living in caves.
But what matters is what happened in 2009 and not what has been when Jesus was livng in your village 2000 years ago. I use to have money doesn't translate that you have money today.
Re: Fashola Commends Chidi Anyaegbu Of Chisco Transport. by buogo: 8:47am On Oct 23, 2009
so sad nobody is talking about the real issue here. seems this is a paltform for settling personal grudges and name calling.
The girl that wrote the book is crying. think is worth talking about.
Re: Fashola Commends Chidi Anyaegbu Of Chisco Transport. by hardbody: 2:15pm On May 25, 2011
And what was the topic for discussion again shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CAN Berates Alleged Christian Group, Calls APC "Desperate" / Tinubu Should Sign Executive Order On Unexplained Wealth, Says Ndume / Peter Obi Hails The Release Of Kaduna School Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.