Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,907 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Is Nigeria A Failed State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria A Failed State? (523 Views)

"Samuel Ortom Is A Failed & Drowning Governor" - Police PRO / Abia Govt Blasts Nkechi Nwaogu Who Called Abia "A Failed State Under PDP" / Breaking!! Nigeria Is A Borderline Failed State And PMB Corrupt- CNBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria A Failed State? by LORDOFAFONJAS: 9:15am On Oct 07, 2016
According to wikipedia, A failed state is a political body that has disintegrated to a point where basic conditions and responsibilities of a sovereign government no longer function properly. Likewise, when a nation weakens and its standard of living declines, it introduces the possibility of governmental collapse. The Fund for Peace characterizes a failed state as having the following characteristics:

Loss of control of its territory, or of the monopoly on the legitimate use of physical force therein
Erosion of legitimate authority to make collective decisions
Inability to provide public services
Inability to interact with other states as a full member of the international community

Common characteristics of a failing state include a central government so weak or ineffective that it has little practical control over much of its territory and there is a non-provision of public services. When this happens widespread corruption and criminality, the intervention of non-state actors, the appearance of refugees and the involuntary movement of populations, and sharp economic decline can occur.

The level of government control required to avoid being considered a failed state varies considerably amongst authorities.[2] Furthermore, the declaration that a state has "failed" is generally controversial and, when made authoritatively, may carry significant geopolitical consequences.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Failed_state

With the little explanation above, can we state that Nigeria is a failed state and what should be done to restore Nigeria back to its GLORY.

As for me, i feel there should be a revolution(blood-less), where the youths unite and take over the affairs of this country.

As my lecturer once said, ' the problem of this country is poor moral values' , i believe once that is sorted out, the country would be great.
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by Amberon: 9:29am On Oct 07, 2016
Yes it is
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by dEastActivist: 9:36am On Oct 07, 2016
Furthermore, the declaration that a state has "failed" is generally controversial and, when made authoritatively, may carry significant geopolitical consequences.

Op don't continue saying this BC if people hear about this they might completely loose faith in Nigeria and will like to row the boat of Thor destiny.

That's the consequences

And for your question. Yes Nigeria is a failed state.
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by LORDOFAFONJAS: 9:37am On Oct 07, 2016
dEastActivist:
Furthermore, the declaration that a state has "failed" is generally controversial and, when made authoritatively, may carry significant geopolitical consequences.

Op don't continue saying this BC if people hear about this they might completely loose faith in Nigeria and will like to row the boat of Thor destiny.

That's the consequences

lipsrsealed
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 07, 2016
Ooooppppppeeeee!

Ha!
Has Nigeria ever been a risen state?
Since I was born, I have always heard 'e go better', but when?
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by LORDOFAFONJAS: 9:50am On Oct 07, 2016
jusRadical:
Ooooppppppeeeee!

Ha!

Has Nigeria ever been a risen state?

Since I was born, I have always heard 'e go better', but when?
the last 16 years of PDP rule was great cool
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 07, 2016
dEastActivist:

That's the consequences

Loose faith for where? Nigeria?

Bros, apart from policians, who benefits from nigeria.
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by dEastActivist: 10:01am On Oct 07, 2016
jusRadical:

Loose faith for where? Nigeria?

Bros, apart from policians, who benefits from nigeria.

I know but you can't generally say that they have completely lost faith. Me I have little faith in Nigeria so??
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 07, 2016
dEastActivist:

I know but you can't generally say that they have completely lost faith. Me I have little faith in Nigeria so??

Even the leaders do not. They know that nigeria fake, unjust, one sided, etc.
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by gidgiddy: 10:11am On Oct 07, 2016
Nigeria failed a long time ago. It's just that many people don't know it yet
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 07, 2016
dEastActivist:

Tell me one you have benefitted by being a nigerian.

You pay taxes and all.

You repair your roads.

You provide security using vigilantes.

You provide light using gen.

You pay through you nose to go to school.

You are harassed by the army, navy, police, politicians, etc.

You provide water using boreholes, etc.

So what have you benefitted?

(1) (Reply)

FG Set To Press Fresh Charges Against Saraki And Ekweremadu / BREAKING: Nigeria’s Secret Police, SSS, Releases Detained Judges / CJN Berates PMB In Face-to- Face Meeting In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.