Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Pipe Line Explosion In Lagos More Than 200 People Killed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pipe Line Explosion In Lagos More Than 200 People Killed (1326 Views)

Gun Men Blow Up AGIP Pipe-line In Rivers / Update More Than 200 People Dead In Bomb Blast At Kano Central Mosque +photo NTA / Total Nigeria Completes Alaoji Power Station Gas Supply Pipe Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pipe Line Explosion In Lagos More Than 200 People Killed by adconline(m): 9:38pm On Dec 26, 2006
Re: Pipe Line Explosion In Lagos More Than 200 People Killed by BigB11(m): 10:40pm On Dec 26, 2006
It is a very sad news.
May God be with the families affected by this terrible disaster.

Definitely it's time for a change; this administration is no longer focused on regular day to day Nigerians needs. Mr President's main priority at the moment is to continue the chicken fight with the vice president.
Things in general, in Nigeria need to be restructured as soon as possible; there is absolutely no reason for this type of incident to happen again.

FYI:Gas scarcity, poverty, corruption and uncivilization were responsible for this horrible accident or what ever you may call it.

Enough is enough, we need dedicated people with new strategies to move this country forward.

It is sad and unbearable to know that xmas and new year season isn't that wonderful to some folks.

May God bless Nigeria.
Re: Pipe Line Explosion In Lagos More Than 200 People Killed by mowapa(m): 11:27pm On Dec 26, 2006
As much as i would like to the blame all this on the govt, its also a disruptive behavior on the part of the citizens to vandalize pipe lines. It's this get rich at all cost mentality that as been the bane of our society.Each time we have such occurrence, the development of Naija is also set back.
Re: Pipe Line Explosion In Lagos More Than 200 People Killed by BigB11(m): 11:52pm On Dec 26, 2006
My brother:

I'm not trying to condone uncivilized behavior, but it is the product of poverty and poverty is the result of our incredible leaders.

My friends, it is very tough out there; folks are tired and hungry. They are determined to survive at all cost; this is what you get when the leaders of a nation have stopped serving the people.
This country is rich and full of intelligent people. Nigeria citizens do not deserve this mess, we definitely deserve better

Hence, I do not blame the people, I blame the corrupt system, unfocused leaders and examples of the leaders.
Re: Pipe Line Explosion In Lagos More Than 200 People Killed by Nobody: 12:26am On Dec 27, 2006
That's why it also worries me that the bums we call leaders are going to pay $5million for an NFL game when people are suffering. Leaders are out of touch in my homeland, this thing is a pity.

Give the 200 people that died in this explosion that money, stop showing off because people already know the country is a disgrace. It will result in $25000 per person and it will be enough to do something reasonable.
Re: Pipe Line Explosion In Lagos More Than 200 People Killed by toshmann(m): 1:21am On Dec 27, 2006
this is no news. we shall hear similar stuff in the future. why? b/c each time some disaster occurs in our country, we cry, curse,comfort and forget it. nothing is done to prevent another one. we do not sat-never again, and match it with action.so it happens again. in civilised countries, when calamity happens, actions are taken and lessons are learnt.
but not in nigeria.

my prediction-it will happen again in less than a year. pls dont call me a sadist. it's still gonna happen, wether i predict it or not.
Re: Pipe Line Explosion In Lagos More Than 200 People Killed by adconline(m): 1:29am On Dec 27, 2006
I did not expect OBJ to deliver any goodies to Nigerians because he never willingly sought to become a president. He was forced into presidency. Its like forcing your kid to  study medicine. He is bereft of ideas. This is a government of disaster from Ikeja  explosion - to Airline crashes- sharia imbroglio- Niger Delta saga- pipeline explosions.Tell me any disaster that  has  been  averted?  Why do we  always have  to  blame Nigerians? Do politicians or  their families get caught up on explosion? These are poor masses who are looking for means of survival.

Donzman please could you expantiate on $5 million NFL game.
Re: Pipe Line Explosion In Lagos More Than 200 People Killed by Nobody: 1:34am On Dec 27, 2006
@adconline

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/guest-articles/on-spending-spree-nigeria-to-host-5m-american-football-game-in.html

Of what benefit is this game going to be?, You'll host an NFL game and fill the stadium with Americans. Nobody cares about American Football in Nigeria, this is a joke. It's not even going to be an NFL game, it's a college football game. This is a disgrace!
Re: Pipe Line Explosion In Lagos More Than 200 People Killed by lewa(m): 5:11am On Dec 27, 2006
My sincere heartfelt condolences go to the families of those who lost their lives in that unfortunate incident.This is the third time this sad occurrence is happening!OBJ has exceeded himself once more. Over a period of 8 years we have had also air crashes, Ike Bomb scenario,volatile N/D region.incessant hinger and starvation, galloping inflation,unemployment, unresolved high profile killings of Bola Inge, Harry Marshal and others,high spate of robberies, i could go on!PDP is a monumental embarrassment and Obj an insult to our collective reasoning!
In any sane society people don't need to scoop petrol or diesel from sabotaged pipelines!There's nothing to eat, no jobs, no security , no hope and it's rather myopic to blame these people for trying to survive.Our leaders are insentive to the plight of Nigerians and i can only ask when would we be proud of having a real leader and government sensitive to the yearnings of her citizens, guarantee their basic rights as enshrined in the Constitution and be a government of the people in every true sense of it.
My heart bleeds for us as a nation and was it not last week that the wag of a person was in New York as cause celebre for a Nobel nomination in peace!Can you imagine that!
Re: Pipe Line Explosion In Lagos More Than 200 People Killed by Jaybaba(m): 7:11pm On Dec 27, 2006
My deepest sympathy and condolences to all the families of the bereaved at the explosion. I pray God grant you the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss.

This is a sign of the failed state. Fuel has been scarced for over a week now and our PDP led FG has not done anything visible and feasible to address and arrest the ugly trend which has put transport fares at nearly unaffordable rate.

A people frustrated sometimes lose their sense of right thinking. They took risks to ensure they survived and in the end they did not survive. Poverty too much and too bad in our land. The NNPC and Police were informed some days earlier and nothing happened. Lagos state is even overdue for a public-complaints line(s). Perhaps another body controlled by the Lagos state government would have been more responsible than the two (police & NNPC) controlled by the FG.

Deep loss it is. But it is a pity, the scarcity continues and nothing will be done to prevent this kind of loss in the future. I guarantee you, this government enjoys to see people die.

(1) (Reply)

"Daggash: Even The President Can't Redenominate The Naira." / If The West Were Run Like Nigeria There Will Be Trillionaires In The World Today / Court Denies Bode George Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.