Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

How Do I Handle Unnecessary Attention From Men? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Handle Unnecessary Attention From Men? (985 Views)

7 Reasons You Should Stay Far Away From Men Who Bet On Football Games (Pics) / Any Man Who Thinks All Women Want From Men Is Money, Has Low Self Esteem. / Lies Some Women Tell To Get Money From Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Handle Unnecessary Attention From Men? by dearbunmi(f): 11:15am On Oct 07, 2016
Dear Bunmi,

Growing up, I always had unnecessary attention from the
opposite sex. At first I thought it was okay as a girl (I enjoyed the ‘shakara’) but when I got admitted into the university, I saw hell.

It wasn’t like I was the prettiest girl, I just found myself in situations where I get to know the opposite sex (male) through a conversation and they wont want to leave. In my first year I became a class rep and before I knew it the course adviser was on my case.

After a while, I just couldn’t handle it. I was frustrated so I begged to change departments and after that I avoided lecturers in my new departments and ran away from every need to come in contact.

I guess the pain of being unjustly treated made me get
thrown off balance and I couldn’t cope in the new department, I decided to seek for help from the department but meeting the person in charge he started asking me out.

I gave up totally, I dropped out!

I talked about it to different people because I wanted to feel better.

I’m better now and starting afresh in a new school and I still feel it
fresh sometimes. Will it ever go away totally?

Best Regards,
Missy
via Email

Click below to see my response
http://dearbunmi.com/handle-unnecessary-attention-men/

Do you have any relationship questions?
http://dearbunmi.com/send-your-story

Re: How Do I Handle Unnecessary Attention From Men? by Cutehector(m): 11:17am On Oct 07, 2016
So u mean men get attracted to this face?
Re: How Do I Handle Unnecessary Attention From Men? by Dyt(f): 11:21am On Oct 07, 2016
So you mean this is an issue?
undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Do I Handle Unnecessary Attention From Men? by alexory23(m): 11:22am On Oct 07, 2016
Go for tribal mark!,
It is the best solution ever,especially if you're Yoruba,just go for tribal mark called GOMBO with BAAMU,
you will have no more attention whatsoever,but be warned!!!......if you're not married,you may never marry cos this is 21century.
Re: How Do I Handle Unnecessary Attention From Men? by ChemicalReaction(f): 11:23am On Oct 07, 2016
Cutehector:
So u mean men get attracted to this face?
That face is pretty!
Re: How Do I Handle Unnecessary Attention From Men? by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 07, 2016
undecidedThose eyebrows are enough to starve my dog for a week and men are attracted to your face??

Allah wakbar! This world has lost taste..
Re: How Do I Handle Unnecessary Attention From Men? by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 07, 2016
Ok,, you no dey even happy sef... Na when you reach 30 now story go change undecided
Re: How Do I Handle Unnecessary Attention From Men? by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 07, 2016
OBTSubtle:
undecidedThose eyebrows are enough to starve my dog for a week and men are attracted to your face??

Allah wakbar! This world has lost taste..
stop acting weird brihhhh,, we'll knw she's beautiful undecided
Re: How Do I Handle Unnecessary Attention From Men? by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 07, 2016
ucsparks:
stop acting weird brihhhh,, we'll knw she's beautiful undecided
Take a 2nd honest look at that face..
Re: How Do I Handle Unnecessary Attention From Men? by Cutehector(m): 11:58am On Oct 07, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
That face is pretty!
lol trust me, it's not as pretty as..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle Unnecessary Attention From Men? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 07, 2016
OBTSubtle:
Take a 2nd honest look at that face..
I've done that, at least you yourself won't throw her out of bed, would you? undecided
Re: How Do I Handle Unnecessary Attention From Men? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 07, 2016
ucsparks:
I've done that, at least you yourself won't throw her out of bed, would you? undecided
Thats a different topic..
Re: How Do I Handle Unnecessary Attention From Men? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 07, 2016
Op, I have a solution to your problem.. First scrape your hair to gorimapa. Stop carving those eyes brows. And lastly start dressing like deeper life.. Thank me later.. No man on earth will notice u afterwards and u can finally complete yur studies with peace of mind. wink
So easy.
Re: How Do I Handle Unnecessary Attention From Men? by Funjosh(m): 12:17pm On Oct 07, 2016
Amelian:
Op, I have a solution to your problem.. First scrape your hair to gorimapa. Stop carving those eyes brows. And lastly start dressing like deeper life.. Thank me later.. No man on earth will notice u afterwards and u can finally complete yur studies with peace of mind. wink
So easy.

even with that self if we want to come we will still come lipsrsealed
Re: How Do I Handle Unnecessary Attention From Men? by bamisepeters(m): 12:23pm On Oct 07, 2016
dearbunmi:
Dear Bunmi,

Growing up, I always had unnecessary attention from the
opposite sex. At first I thought it was okay as a girl (I enjoyed the ‘shakara’) but when I got admitted into the university, I saw hell.

It wasn’t like I was the prettiest girl, I just found myself in situations where I get to know the opposite sex (male) through a conversation and they wont want to leave. In my first year I became a class rep and before I knew it the course adviser was on my case.

After a while, I just couldn’t handle it. I was frustrated so I begged to change departments and after that I avoided lecturers in my new departments and ran away from every need to come in contact.

I guess the pain of being unjustly treated made me get
thrown off balance and I couldn’t cope in the new department, I decided to seek for help from the department but meeting the person in charge he started asking me out.

I gave up totally, I dropped out!

I talked about it to different people because I wanted to feel better.

I’m better now and starting afresh in a new school and I still feel it
fresh sometimes. Will it ever go away totally?

Best Regards,
Missy
via Email

Click below to see my response
http://dearbunmi.com/handle-unnecessary-attention-men/

Do you have any relationship questions?
http://dearbunmi.com/send-your-story
So you dropped the school for another just because of that?

I am not seeing any issue in this, do you think you are the only one affected in your previous school? You just deal with it wisely, all this things describe the kind of person you are.

Being attracted to you is stage by stage and if you can't deal with it now then it will be difficult to get the right man.

You need to stand firm on what you want, don't let pressure push you around, who told you it will not happen in your new school? Just be firm and control them with wisdom.

(1) (Reply)

Does She Have Low Self Esteem? / Must Read: Showing My Oga What He's Missing {housemaid Er0tica} / 7 Signs She Is Abstaining From You...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.