Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,002 members, 7,803,322 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Glo 4G LTE Speed Test - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo 4G LTE Speed Test (16170 Views)

Infinix Note 5 Vs TECNO Camon X Pro - Speed Test, RAM Management & Battery Life / Glo 4G LTE Speed / Show Your Best Ntel's 4G LTE Download And Upload Speed Test Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by ewizard1: 4:38pm On Oct 20, 2016
souljaboi51:

look at the 3rd section of the 4g section and the 3rd line.
cc greenhulk and olurotimi1 guess yall blind as a bat and jumping into conclusions.
Lolz... you no sabi read GSM Arena! op's device (64gb) doesnt support band 28! the (32gb) version of that model does!
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by olurotimi1: 4:46pm On Oct 20, 2016
Jerri7:
Anybody with the Glo 4G should help to upload the screenshot make we even see am sef smiley
let's not forget how GSM started all patchy network. With time everyone will be covered .
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by honsule(m): 4:53pm On Oct 20, 2016
Jerri7:
Anybody with the Glo 4G should help to upload the screenshot make we even see am sef smiley

my glo 4G LTE is not on my phone. seems Gionee m5 doesnt support band 28. However, on my Unlocked SPectranet mifi, this is their network
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by olurotimi1: 5:03pm On Oct 20, 2016
honsule:

my glo 4G LTE is not on my phone. seems Gionee m5 doesnt support band 28. However, on my Unlocked SPectranet mifi, this is their network
where is it na
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by honsule(m): 5:04pm On Oct 20, 2016
olurotimi1:
where is it na

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by honsule(m): 5:06pm On Oct 20, 2016
Let me search for glo speed test. Like glo is faster than mtn 4G LTE
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by dustmalik: 5:09pm On Oct 20, 2016
honsule:
Let me search for glo speed test. Like glo is faster than mtn 4G LTE
Which part of Abuja are you getting Glo 4G?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by honsule(m): 5:11pm On Oct 20, 2016
I bought the glo 4G LTE Sim for #2,100. And I was given 2,000 glo recharge. Technically, I bought the Sim #100 bucks.

Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by honsule(m): 5:13pm On Oct 20, 2016
dustmalik:

Which part of Abuja are you getting Glo 4G?

Gudu District, i get Full bars. Even at Home, before FHA, Airport road cool
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by dustmalik: 5:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
honsule:

Nice. Let me start searching for it.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by dustmalik: 5:26pm On Oct 20, 2016
honsule:
I bought the glo 4G LTE Sim for #2,100. And I was given 2,000 glo recharge. Technically, I bought the Sim #100 bucks.
I got mine last week too. But the Glo agent didn't explain it to me properly. He told me the sim swap would cost me #2,100, without letting me know that the #2,000 would be credited to me as airtime. So, i told him that's crazy, and walked out of the office and bought a new 4G sim from those guys outside of their office, since i only use Glo for data purpose.

This is what happens when an employee doesn't have the right attitude to work.

2 Likes

Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by honsule(m): 5:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
dustmalik:

Nice. Let me start searching for it.

All the Best in your search. But come o, how come Gionee m5 doesnt support Band 28. let me check Gsmarena....
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by dustmalik: 5:29pm On Oct 20, 2016
honsule:

All the Best in your search. But come o, how come Gionee m5 doesnt support Band 28. let me check Gsmarena....
That band is quite uncommon in a whole lot of 4G devices.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by dustmalik: 5:37pm On Oct 20, 2016
honsule:

You can't always trust the specs for mtk devices online. Just Open dialer app, then type *#*#3646633#*#*, now enter 'BandMode', and Choose the Data Sim, you will then see the list of LTE bands. The ticked ones are the one your phone supports.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by honsule(m): 5:38pm On Oct 20, 2016
If only I can tick Band 28 on my phone, I guess Glo would have work.

Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by dustmalik: 5:42pm On Oct 20, 2016
honsule:
If only I can tick Band 28 on my phone, I guess Glo would have work.
Lol... I have wished same myself.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by dustmalik: 9:44am On Oct 21, 2016
honsule:

Where in Gudu exactly are you getting Glo 4G? Is it also available around that Gudu market area? I want to drive down there later in the day, to see if it's my device that is simply not seeing the coverage at locations I've searched so far.

Also, do you have Huawei E5573s-606 for sale, or you know anyone who wants to sell theirs, or anywhere i can get the fairly used one?

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by dmcdad: 1:42pm On Oct 21, 2016
souljaboi51:
Hello guys, so yesterday i swapped my glo sim yesterday for the new 4G sim. I paid N500 (100 for the sim and 400 credit) and i was told to wait till this morning to activate it because their system is down (shocker undecided ). I use a samsung galaxy s6 edge plus and i live in Ajah so i meet the requirement for having a 4G enabled phone that meets the networks band 28 (700) and also being present in one of the locations that 4G is live.

I activated the sim around 8:30 am and i bought the N500 (1.6 gb for 7 days) so i can test run it. I started by doing a speed test and it clocked 4.50 mbps (impressive) so i decided to watch four youtube videos and i must say it did not buffer one bit. i proceeded to instagram and snapchat and all the videos loaded very fast and i decided to do a 4th test which was to download using UC browser and that was when the problem started. I discovered that it was very very very slow and i looked at the signal and alas it was showing a tiny edge shocked shocked shocked . I thought it was supposed to be 4G. It clearly felt like a rip off or a scam and the i did another speed test which was an appalling 0.67 mbps. Through out the day it was showing the tiny edge and i did different tests at different times of the day (see picture) and i must say i am really disappointed. I just hope Glo is not selling dreams (never really a fan of glo as i use spectranet mifi).

I dont know if other people have a experience with this supposed 4G LTE. If you do kindly share your experience.
cc puskin, dragnet, honsule, lalasticala
4.50mbps impressive Lawd!

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by duwdu: 5:05pm On Oct 21, 2016
honsule:

Sorry if you stated this earlier and I missed it... but which is the specific model of your Spectranet MiFi, please?

I have the E5372s-601 (also Spectranet branded,) and all specs I've unearthed do not point to support for Band 28. In the meantime, I'm yet to acquire a Glo 4G SIM for me to test the E5372 myself. So, TIA for your feedback.

Also, waiting for the result of your speed test on that full signal strength.

P34c3
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by dustmalik: 7:42pm On Oct 21, 2016
duwdu:

Sorry if you stated this earlier and I missed it... but which is the specific model of your Spectranet MiFi, please?

I have the E5372s-601 (also Spectranet branded,) and all specs I've unearthed do not point to support for Band 28. In the meantime, I'm yet to acquire a Glo 4G SIM for me to test the E5372 myself. So, TIA for your feedback.

Also, waiting for the result of your speed test on that full signal strength.

P34c3
The E5372s-601 doesn't support band 28, but Huawei E5573s-606, which Spectranet also issues, supports band 28. That's why I'm looking to get one myself.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 22, 2016
greenhulk:

All iphones from iphone 6 upwards support band 28

You have to be on ios 10.0.2 to get glo 4g on those iphones
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by dustmalik: 10:42am On Oct 22, 2016
tumababa:

You have to be on ios 10.0.2 to get glo 4g on those iphones
I understand Apple integrates LTE networks with OS updates on iPhones. But have you personally used Glo 4G LTE on your iPhone? if so, how is the experience so far?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by ColeworldMD(m): 10:44am On Oct 22, 2016
Glo is good
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 22, 2016
dustmalik:

I understand Apple integrates LTE networks with OS updates on iPhones. But have you personally used Glo 4G LTE on your iPhone? if so, how is the experience so far?

Yes i used it on an iphone 6plus. Speed test was 35mbps download but upload didnt finish before data expired. I had about 50mb left then. Etisalat too was ok but glo speed was better. Attached pix shows all

Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by dustmalik: 11:14am On Oct 22, 2016
tumababa:

Yes i used it on an iphone 6plus. Speed test was 35mbps download but upload didnt finish before data expired. I had about 50mb left then. Etisalat too was ok but glo speed was better. Attached pix shows all
Nice one.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by duwdu: 1:40pm On Oct 22, 2016
dustmalik:

The E5372s-601 doesn't support band 28, but Huawei E5573s-606, which Spectranet also issues, supports band 28. That's why I'm looking to get one myself.

Aite, thanks.

P34c3
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by Unlimited22: 6:45pm On Oct 22, 2016
My Samsung Galaxy Note 4 n910h doesn't support LTE.
Biko who knows where I can exchange it for the n910p or n910a that support LTE?
Can't miss out on these download speeds.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by Nobody: 5:42am On Oct 24, 2016
dustmalik:

Nice one.

Tested glo again this morning.
Check the pix

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by wristbangle: 8:25am On Oct 24, 2016
tumababa:

Check the pix

Nice one! Location and what brand of phone pls?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by dustmalik: 8:38am On Oct 24, 2016
tumababa:

Check the pix
Cool
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 24, 2016
wristbangle:

Nice one! Location and what brand of phone pls?

saka tinubu vi. iphone 6S
Re: Glo 4G LTE Speed Test by jmaxjohn(m): 11:08pm On Nov 04, 2016
ajealadick:
Glo 4G is a scam. Got a sim yesterday and it's been on my LG G2 4GLTE. It only went to Edge and stayed there. This evening I put 5hat 4G sim into my Infinix HotNote Pro and it calling, chatting. I think I would stick to my other line. Glo is yet to wake up.
no come here dey pour us spit. Lg G2 don't support LTE band 28

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

(photos) Tecno Camon C8 Priced At N25,900 / These 9 Secret USSD Codes Unlock Hidden Features On Your Phone / Best Online Businesses To Run With My 9.5 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.