Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,170 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) (21004 Views)

DSS Raids Pencom Office In Abuja As Anohu-amazu Goes Into Hiding / DSS Crackdown: Judgements That Landed Judges In Trouble / DSS Arrests 2 Supreme Court Judges & 5 Other judges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by barcaboi(m): 11:08am On Oct 08, 2016
TheFreeOne:

What nonsense are you yapping about?

So it's of no concern to you that after series of media trials by this govt and EFCC with little or no success it's the turn of judges to be hounded because govt prosecutors failed to build thorough and iron clad cases against those accused of one crime or the other?

Aren't you aware we are in a democracy or if tomorrow these security arms goes after supreme court justices you'll think its cool too or for the sake of fighting corruption we should give up our rights and endorse dictatorship?

However I hope it ain't true cos it will only spell doom for this government.

our problems in 9ja is judiciary. ..having like 3 different court decisions on a case...efcc shdav started with them
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 08, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
SERIOUSLY TODAY THAT GUY LOST EVERY RESPECT I HAVE FOR HIM...
Who gives a sh!t about respect on an anonymous web forum like nairaland. . .
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by henryadex(m): 11:19am On Oct 08, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Era Of Dictatorship

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

GEJ we miss you Sir

#IStandWithSamDaddy 2019 cool

Good for meaningful progress
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by july66: 11:20am On Oct 08, 2016
PaulIdu:
The good thing about Buhari's Crudeness and incompetence is that no Nigerian dead or alive, rich or poor, partisan or non partisan, home or abroad is spared grin
APC members are spared.
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by Wadeoye(m): 11:34am On Oct 08, 2016
Osyabj:
FINALLY THE CORRUTION WAR HAS REALLY BEGUN

[size=15pt]Until the scum of the earth thieves, who wear wigs and call themselves "judges" are arrested, tried, and jailed as is done in the US and other serious lawful societies, Nigeria will never move forward.[/size]

Up next the Supreme court thieves

99% of Nigeria's theives are made possible by their fellow thieves wearing wigs

You spoke my mind...

I am really happy to read this... More of them should be arrested and locked up in 2x2 cells without trial and only one meal per day. This will teach a lesson to those rascals on the bench who make fortune by selling judgement to the highest bidders.

Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by july66: 11:38am On Oct 08, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Do what exactly?? angry angry

Did you or any member of your household commit a crime?
Are there no civilised ways of fighting crime? Do you just shut a man because he is accused of a crime? Even in the face of overwhelming evidence, a man is still assumed innocent until proved otherwise by a court. There is a big difference between a military regime & a democratically elected government. I am not against the arrests but the method of arrest, gestapo style as takes place in a military regime. Are we back to a military regime? I thought we all said we preferred democracy?
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by RZArecta(m): 11:55am On Oct 08, 2016
donphilopus:

[s]You wanna replace a Minister duly nominated by the President with someone else? So NJC has got the power to nominate a replacement for a serving Attorney General of the Federation (AGF)? If you have nothing meaningful to contribute, why don't you keep your fingers crossed[/s]?!
shut up
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by RZArecta(m): 11:58am On Oct 08, 2016
APCmyheart:

[s]Lol see ranting of a typical wailer, Where are you when those judges are collect bribe? where are you when those judge keep granting bail to looters of our commonwealth? bro sorry you can keep ranting Buhari is on a right track.

Mind you most of those are arrested are Northerner and Swesterners[/s].
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by StarCj(m): 12:26pm On Oct 08, 2016
itsdumebi:
Officers of the department of state security services(DSS) raided the homes of three federal high court judges today. The officers arrested Justices Adebiyi Ademola in Abuja and Muazu Pindiga in Gombe.

They raided the home of Justice Nnamdi Dimgba who resides at no 32 Samuel Ogbemudia Cresent in the Apo Legislative Quarters of Abuja. Although he was not at home at the time of the raid, the DSS officials reportedly broke down the gates to his house with sledgehammers. Unconfirmed reports say that the raid on Dimgba's home is in connection to his recent ruling on embattled NSA, Sambo Dasuki's arms scandal case.

Pindiga, a former Chairman of the Rivers State Governorship petition tribunal,was arrested on allegations of bribery and corruption.

UPDATE:

The homes of Supreme Court Justices Sylvanus Ngwuta and Justice Walter Samuel Nkanu Onnoghen were also raided.

http://politicsngr.com/breaking-dss-arrest-3-federal-high-court-judges/

there is NO MORE RULE OF LAW. I'm still wondering if we are in democracy or military rule
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by sammhi(m): 1:36pm On Oct 08, 2016
HungerBAD:
Very interesting.

The DSS will not move against these Judge's,if there are no proof of them collecting bribes.

These are Judges,and not ordinary Nigerians. So for the Security men to publicly move against them this way,would show they have gathered tangible evidences.

The Judiciary is the most protected Arm of any Government,and I hope to God the DSS are sure of what they are doing.

If these Judges have been compromised,then the National Judicial Council should not only Debar them,but they should be jailed for a long time for bringing the legal system to a disrepute.

I stand with the fight against corrupt Judges.

--Modified-

Just read that Governor Wike,after hearing these two Judges were getting picked up,personally drove to another Judge's house in Port-Harcourt and prevented the DSS from picking the Judge up.

-How did Wike know that Judge will be picked by the DSS?

-What made Wike know instinctively that the Government will be interested in that Judge?

-Why would a Governor race in his Pyjamas(heard they brought clothes for him to wear later) to prevent the DSS from picking the Judge,if he has nothing to fear?

Summary.

I think the Judiciary has a very corrupt cabal,that sells Judgement to the highest bidder,and the DSS just rounded all of them up this night.

If it is proven that Wike,just like others influenced this Judge's with bribes to retain the Governorship seat,then his matter will be revisited by the law.

And I think that is why he ran nearly naked,to the judge house to prevent the DSS from taking him away.

You are a fool big one at that .
Your typed one day will be eaten up by the loose tiger . Fool
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by kraizybone(m): 1:45pm On Oct 08, 2016
Firstly, are these reports credible? If they are, what warranted the actions of the security agencies? Could they have acted in a better way, given the circumstances that led to their action?
These are questions that we need to answer before we throw stones at any quarter.
In what instances does the law allow the security agents to arrest a serving judge Or force entry into their homes with or without a formal search or arrest warrant?
Have these judges been under prior investigation by the judicial Council and have been found culpable, hence the move against them? Could the move against them in the dead of the night mean that the security agencies are trying to keep the developments away from the media so as not to compromise the investigation?
So many unanswered questions and until someone comes out to provide some answers, we cannot afford to make personal judgments and accusations and exchange insults like we're not learned. Let's keep observing and following developments until we know more to say more. This isn't a case of Who's right or wrong, it's a case of facts against speculations.
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by dumodust(m): 2:24pm On Oct 08, 2016
Kgdavid:

So all that is paining you is that they broke into their homes? You and i were not on ground, s how can yu tell whether or not such force was necessary?

What is essential and open for discussion here, is the fact that they were arrested. Should they have been r should they not have been?

If you have no issues with their actual arrest, then you and i have nothing to discuss here.
Ok o... let it continue then, we will all suffer it in the end.
I wonder whether they are terrorism suspects or coup plotters that warrants a night raid military style... no formal charge, no public info... nothing. Let them continue arresting and throwing into jails without question till they eat all of us up
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by duro4chang(m): 3:16pm On Oct 08, 2016
Judiciary which is being regarded as the last hope of common man has been in mess all this while.Corruption has destroyed it.So far you have money no problem.James Ibori used his money and it paid off.Many election petitions ended up with bad judgement.
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by sunsewa16: 3:31pm On Oct 08, 2016
HungerBAD:
Very interesting.

The DSS will not move against these Judge's,if there are no proof of them collecting bribes.

These are Judges,and not ordinary Nigerians. So for the Security men to publicly move against them this way,would show they have gathered tangible evidences.

The Judiciary is the most protected Arm of any Government,and I hope to God the DSS are sure of what they are doing.

If these Judges have been compromised,then the National Judicial Council should not only Debar them,but they should be jailed for a long time for bringing the legal system to a disrepute.

--Modified-

Just read that Governor Wike,after hearing these two Judges were getting picked up,personally drove to another Judge's house in Port-Harcourt and prevented the DSS from picking the Judge up.

-What made Wike know instinctively that the Government will be interested in that Judge?

-Why would a Governor race in his Pyjamas(heard they brought clothes for him to wear later) to prevent the DSS from picking the Judge,if he has nothing to fear?

Summary.

I think the Judiciary has a very corrupt cabal,that sells Judgement to the highest bidder,and the DSS just rounded all of them up this night.

If it is proven that Wike,just like others influenced this Judge's with bribes to retain the Governorship seat,then his matter will be revisited by the law.

And I think that is why he ran nearly naked,to the judge house to prevent the DSS from taking him away.

ur hypocrisy stinks,instead of condemning what is wrong and unlawful,by calling a spade a spade,mind u,tomorrow is pregnant and the way u judge today might used against u by nature tomorrow.
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by IRserveMyComent(f): 3:55pm On Oct 08, 2016
HungerBAD:
Very interesting.

--Modified-

Summary.

My dear you are talking trash!
This is democracy and not dictatorship or military regime.

Have you heard of summons??
Where the judges summoned and they refused to answer? Why would d DSS go in the dead of the night with sledgehammers to vandalize and abduct? Who does that in this present dispensation?

If the DSS and police had done things the right democratic way the Rivers state governor wouldn't have withstood them. And the DSS why did they have to find their way when the crowd and journalists got wind of what was going on? It was because they know they are at fault.

My dear do not support evil under any guise let evil not pay you a visit in the dead of the night like the DSS.
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by oatzeal(m): 12:50am On Oct 09, 2016
lightblazingnow:
Hello,

I buy Scrap metal, aluminum's of any quantities and quality. Presently I am in the Southern part of the country, to be precise Port Harcourt, River state.

Contact me fast if you have anything Scrap to sell, now.

Our company is buying right now.

+2347033851176 WhatsApp or Call me . Ensure you Call with credible information.

God bless,

use http:// , it s a new platform for scrap buyers and sellers in nigeria
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by figment232(m): 4:39pm On Nov 05, 2016
bcashy:

hopeless unrepentant wailer.........u think Buhari get your time ?? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Buhari is a terrorist and an incompetent dullard
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by bcashy: 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2016
figment232:
Buhari is a terrorist and an incompetent dullard
E Neva pain u cos if truly e dey pain uu, u for don pack ur things and leave this country for us as baba buhari has advised u frustrated souls. All these noise will never change the fact that buhari is ur president, if anybody should ask you "who is ur President, I guess ur answer will be terrorist Mohammed buhari abi? Nobody will dare ask u anything again cos they will know u no well, u Knw the funny thing? Even u no go fit mention ur papa name . U see ur life?
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by figment232(m): 5:12pm On Nov 05, 2016
bcashy:

E Neva pain u cos if truly e dey pain uu, u for don pack ur things and leave this country for us as baba buhari has advised u frustrated souls. All these noise will never change the fact that buhari is ur president, if anybody should ask you "who is ur President, I guess ur answer will be terrorist Mohammed buhari abi? Nobody will dare ask u anything again cos they will know u no well, u Knw the funny thing? Even u no go fit mention ur papa name . U see ur life?
Birds of the same feather.......since ur Fada Bubu is a goat and a Terrorist... U are therefore a Jnr Goat and an apprentice Terrorist
Re: DSS Raids And Arrests 2 High Court Judges In Abuja And Gombe (photo) by bcashy: 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2016
figment232:
Birds of the same feather.......since ur Fada Bubu is a goat and a Terrorist... U are therefore a Jnr Goat and an apprentice Terrorist
Is this all ur brain can give?I pity those that own u cos they are obviously loosing it fast as am wondering with this ur kind of brain can u ever do them any good? Who knows maybe u have started calling them goats grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'Excluding Omisore, Obanikoro From Travel Ban List Is Partial' - Yoruba Youths / Doyin Okupe Blasts Nigerians On Twitter For His Commendation Of EFCC Officials / Nigeria Air Strike Kills 20 Fishermen In Lake Chad - AFP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.