Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. (30528 Views)

Operatives Threaten To Shoot Wike As Gov Blocks DSS From "Abducting" A Judge / DSS Threatens Wike. / Mass Sack: FG Threatens To Withdraw License Of Recalcitrant Banks, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by JUHABACH: 12:38pm On Oct 08, 2016
Kgdavid:

Are you aware that a sitting governor just committed three grave offences?

1. Obstruction of justice
2. Obstructing a law enforcement officer
3. Abuse of office

In a true democracy, he would be impeached immediately

not only are those charges irrelevant since wike is a sitting governor and is thus immune, but to the best of mine and all our collective knowledge, the DSS didnot present any legal order such as a warrant which would have legalised their already questionable actions of trying to break into the resisdence of a prominent citizen at such ungodly hours.
legally speaking, wike is not wrong to interfere when the DSS not only failed to provide a legal reason behind their actions but also (allegedly) threatened to shot a sitting governor instead of trying to proffer an explanation or give legal documents or reasons backing their actions.
bottomline is even without his immunity to prosecuetion as a sitting governor, none of the charges you presented would hold up in any competent court.

EDIT; as regards his impeachment, given the circumstances, it is unreasonable to believe wike's actions constitute an impeachable offence.

3 Likes

Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by JUHABACH: 12:44pm On Oct 08, 2016
modath:

Do you think it's ok for the Judge to call on the governor and not the CJN who is his boss/ reporting line? Why is the judge without name or designation?

calling the governor was actually the more reasonable thing to do. from what i understand, the governor's house is about a stone's throw away from that of the judge in question. thus the governor was obviously in a better position to take immediate action unlike the CJN who iirc isbasedin abuja.
Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by JUHABACH: 12:50pm On Oct 08, 2016
akpanbaba:
The same nigerians who want a better society now look at Wike as a good man or politician not remembering that the man got to his seat using the blood of rivers people during his election.He has to defend judge/s because he bought judgement from them

i seem to recall that there was violence from BOTH SIDES i.e. apc and pdp. you are making it seem like wike personally went about killing rivers state indigenes. and the judge in question from what i gather is a federal high court judge thus it is impossible that wike IF he bought a jugdement, bought it from yhis judge given that election cases are not determined by high court judges.
Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by Kgdavid(m): 1:34pm On Oct 08, 2016
JUHABACH:

not only are those charges irrelevant since wike is a sitting governor and is thus immune, but to the best of mine and all our collective knowledge, the DSS didnot present any legal order such as a warrant which would have legalised their already questionable actions of trying to break into the resisdence of a prominent citizen at such ungodly hours.
legally speaking, wike is not wrong to interfere when the DSS not only failed to provide a legal reason behind their actions but also (allegedly) threatened to shot a sitting governor instead of trying to proffer an explanation or give legal documents or reasons backing their actions.
bottomline is even without his immunity to prosecuetion as a sitting governor, none of the charges you presented would hold up in any competent court.

EDIT; as regards his impeachment, given the circumstances, it is unreasonable to believe wike's actions constitute an impeachable offence.

I laugh when you, an obvious layman, say "legally speaking" with such courage and boldness.

Listen, immunity is not absolute. He can/should hauled before his state national assembly and tried there instead of a regular court, found guilty and impeached, then arrested to appear before a civilian court.

Immunity does not grant license for impunity.
Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by kraizybone(m): 1:45pm On Oct 08, 2016
Firstly, are these reports credible? If they are, what warranted the actions of the security agencies? Could they have acted in a better way, given the circumstances that led to their action?
These are questions that we need to answer before we throw stones at any quarter.
In what instances does the law allow the security agents to arrest a serving judge Or force entry into their homes with or without a formal search or arrest warrant?
Have these judges been under prior investigation by the judicial Council and have been found culpable, hence the move against them? Could the move against them in the dead of the night mean that the security agencies are trying to keep the developments away from the media so as not to compromise the investigation?
So many unanswered questions and until someone comes out to provide some answers, we cannot afford to make personal judgments and accusations and exchange insults like we're not learned. Let's keep observing and following developments until we know more to say more. This isn't a case of Who's right or wrong, it's a case of facts against speculations.

1 Like

Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by ajawara(m): 2:32pm On Oct 08, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
This is commendable. The corrupt judges homes have to been invaded and they must be locked up so as to serve as lessons to other judges not to undermine the powers of the executive. Too many corrupt judges hiding under the wig. They are hell bent on frustrating buhari's anti-corruption fight. The judges have never ruled in favor of buhari ever since be began several trials. Do you expect him to fold his hands and watch? How can a sane judge grant bail to the likes of Dasuki, Nnamdi kanu and El-zakzaky? Are the trio not a threat to national security? Buhari has to enforce his powers and forget democracy so he can clean up the rot in the system. Wike should not dare an order from above. Buhari obviously sent them and That is why he is the commander in chief of armed forces. He can get whatever he wants

Whenever I read a comment like this one, I always weep for the Nigerian youths. Illiteracy is a threat to the National development.

2 Likes

Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by POTUT(m): 2:36pm On Oct 08, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
This is commendable. The corrupt judges homes have to been invaded and they must be locked up so as to serve as lessons to other judges not to undermine the powers of the executive. Too many corrupt judges hiding under the wig. They are hell bent on frustrating buhari's anti-corruption fight. The judges have never ruled in favor of buhari ever since be began several trials. Do you expect him to fold his hands and watch? How can a sane judge grant bail to the likes of Dasuki, Nnamdi kanu and El-zakzaky? Are the trio not a threat to national security? Buhari has to enforce his powers and forget democracy so he can clean up the rot in the system. Wike should not dare an order from above. Buhari obviously sent them and That is why he is the commander in chief of armed forces. He can get whatever he wants

All tyrants of the world in the past rose to power because they were urged on and seen as infallible by their followers...What is governance without its instruments of reason. If a government cannot accomplish anything within its geographical territory without usurping its own laws, then that government is not worth the office it occupies.

Sorry, Buhari cannot get whatever he wants. He isn't God. Sorry, Buhari isn't clean either...so stop worshipping him. Sorry, it's only sane judges that grant bail when the conditions are met, not zombie judges doing the bidding of an overlord.
Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by JUHABACH: 2:40pm On Oct 08, 2016
Kgdavid:

I laugh when you, an obvious layman, say "legally speaking" with such courage and boldness.

Listen, immunity is not absolute. He can/should hauled before his state national assembly and tried there instead of a regular court, found guilty and impeached, then arrested to appear before a civilian court.

Immunity does not grant license for impunity.

i already stated that even without the immunity clause, wikedid no wrong given the circumstances. the DSS had or atleast showed no legal authority to act the way they did. if they had presented a warrant or any such court order that gave them the legal right to take the judge in question into their custody then the story might be different.
given the seriousness of what has occured, one has to wonder why the dss is yet to atleast release a statement. something is definately fishy about all this.
Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by nobeku: 2:52pm On Oct 08, 2016
proeast:
Hello, I'm not a broke ass nigga like you!! Basic needs like food, clothing et al is never a problem for me. I've assets worth millions of naira and my monthly income is in 6 digits with several sources of income yet i'm still single and young!! Would you believe if I tell you that i'm immune to the recession caused by your god Buhari I know you are ravaged by poverty but if you are humble, who knows I could be of help to you!!
Talk is cheap!!!!Infact,its free..How many employees do you have?How many mouths do you feed?Little brat talking about 6 figures in naira..SeriouslyIn naira?You are still DEAD BROKE!
Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by Izonpikin: 2:57pm On Oct 08, 2016
Progressive01:
"The judge that gave Peter Odili lifetime
injunction against being investigated let alone
being prosecuted for his myriads of corrupt
practices should be hunted down, drawn
quartered and his head left on a stake for black
crows to feed on..

How can we ever hope for a better nation when
there are stumbling blocks that just won't let the
process go unhindered!!

I'm still going to reiterate this; Lee Kwan yew of
Singapore didn't transform his 3rd world country into a powerhouse by being a Mr nice guy and being on the straight and narrow all the time!!

He did what he had to do to get results!!

Benevolent dictatorship is the only way to go,
people don't want to do right, they need to be
"nudged" and "encouraged" to do right!!"

#Stolen.

Copyright Owner: Modath.
grin

The president of Singapore didn't witch hunt..thats the difference..buhari is a witch hunter and and hypocrite..dont compare th efforts of Singapore to the rubbish we see in this administration...

Nonsense...

Them tell you say fools like ameachi was a minister in singapore??

My friend just get out with your hypocrisy..

angry

1 Like

Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by Izonpikin: 3:00pm On Oct 08, 2016
989900:
Send corrupt judges to jail; else they will ruin this country.
how do you know the judge is corrupt??..

What about buharis own judge??or that of the apc??..

I hate hypocrisy...I so hate it.. angry

Let them go to court...
Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by electrokcoi(m): 3:01pm On Oct 08, 2016
Osyabj:

A "chronic illiterate" that is methodically taking down all pdp thieves and "judges" who have looted over 300 billion dollars from this country in 16 years, leaving over 112 million Nigerians in abject poverty.

Similar US corrupt judges are in Jail as we speak. So deal with it/
so why didn't he start from the formal pdp members that is now dining and winning on the same table with him no?
Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by electrokcoi(m): 3:04pm On Oct 08, 2016
JUHABACH:

you are educated
Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by Izonpikin: 3:07pm On Oct 08, 2016
989900:

While you do have a valid point in a normal world/democracy, OTOH, DSS might have intelligence report of incriminating exhibits at the judges residences, BTW, the judges are bottom line of our predicaments; I got no love for corrupt judges. They are the reason why politicians think they can get away with everything.

They are lucky this is not China . . . not everything can be done properly with due process.

It is the president's decision, if he gets it wrong, it will be his mistake and undoing, if he gets it right, it will be his glory -- I just want the people to win for once, and these damn corrupt old f00ls won't let that happen.
Chinese leaders are way competent than buhari..they are not dullards..those guys have specific plans and make sure they witness them achieved..thats not buhari..planless..directionless..incompetent..rigid..

You think say if them hand over China economy and structure to buhari him go fit manage am??...

You think it's all about applying force abi??

You guys should stop this joke oo.. undecided
Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by nduchucks: 3:22pm On Oct 08, 2016
Our dear country is not quite ready for American style democracy. May Allah guide Buhari and his administration as he gets us there, albeit through some very rough roads.

It is not easy to cure the endemic corruption and outright theft of our commonwealth without employing some methods which may seem anti democratic on their surfaces.

Having said that, I'll add "Jail the Moda4kers"

1 Like

Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by 989900: 3:22pm On Oct 08, 2016
Izonpikin:
Chinese leaders are way competent than buhari..they are not dullards..those guys have specific plans and make sure they witness them achieved..thats not buhari..planless..directionless..incompetent..rigid..

You think say if them hand over China economy and structure to buhari him go fit manage am??...

You think it's all about applying force abi??

You guys should stop this joke oo.. undecided

That's not the point here.
Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by 989900: 3:30pm On Oct 08, 2016
Izonpikin:
grin

The president of Singapore didn't witch hunt..thats the difference..buhari is a witch hunter and and hypocrite..dont compare th efforts of Singapore to the rubbish we see in this administration...

Nonsense...

Them tell you say fools like ameachi was a minister in singapore??

My friend just get out with your hypocrisy..

angry

You don't want to know about LKY's dirty play, and how Singapore got to where it is. Or, how LKY used Temasek Holdings to his family's and party's advantage -- one of the worst cases of cronyism and nepotism anywhere in the world. You can't criticize the government nor win a case against the Yews, nor the government.

The only difference is, with Singapore over the past 40 years, there are visible results to justify the means. #theendjustifiesthemeans

OTOH, with Nigeria, in the past 16 months, even though too little time to feign a comparison with SG, things have gone TERRIBLY worse (mind you, you can't take away global economic slowdown and weak oil prices from the equation).
Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by musa7m(m): 3:55pm On Oct 08, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
arresting without following DUE PROCESS? Which state are you from? We all know wr people like you do end up.....****
Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by Nnamdikalu: 4:48pm On Oct 08, 2016
In this case two things are involved,either Buhari is after those who are truncating his efforts to sanitise the system or Gov Wike is trying effortfully to stop his Nyash from being exposed grin grin grin,.
Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by summerflame(m): 5:05pm On Oct 08, 2016
Firefire:
Imagine...

The one and only, El-Clueless President and useless old ineffectual 'baboon' will destroy this country completely.

To the Zone-Bs supporting abduction instead of following due process as stipulated in our laws, may your redemption not be delayed
Apologies to all sane Nigerians, I betrayed my beloveth country by casting my vote for a tyrant named Buhari as a president under the banner of the APC

2 Likes

Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by summerflame(m): 5:06pm On Oct 08, 2016
modath:
First thing:

What is Wike doing at a Judge's house at 1 AM? & reporters as well ...How did he get there so fast if he had nothing sinister in the pot cooking with this Judge. Corrupt Judges are the No 1 problem of this country and we pray they are all weeded out!

He is over reaching if indeed he did do this,
is he the Judge's father? He and the judge must have been in cahoots for him to have raced there so fast!!

P.S... no one should come back with the CSO of a state BS, ask yourself this question before dancing alanta on my mention: How many citizens of Rivers state has he "protected" this way?

All the beheading and senseless murders going on in the once peaceful garden city, in what way has he been proactive in eradicating such?
u are just making sense
Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by VULCAN(m): 6:55pm On Oct 08, 2016
One cannot tell whether you are a child or an illiterate! Let us assume the judges are guilty of bribe taking for the sake of argument. Why must hundreds of officers storm their houses by 1 am brandishing guns. They are judges not armed robbers and are innocent till proven guilty, they have no stockpile of arms at home.

If you have a search warrant you go during normal hours and search, if you have an arrest warrant you go to their office and arrest them during the day or go to their house in the evening and arrest them.

There is something called law which you may not understand but should make enquiries about!

People like you are the type that run to nairaland to cry when one small police constable harasses you yet you are supporting a rape of democracy. Did you see any documents to prove the judges took bribe?

PS. Bribery taking by judges is not under the purview of DSS. How does bribery allegation affect National Security?

patriotic9jaboy:
[s][/s]

Your opinion changes nothing. Their houses have been invaded and they will be locked up so as to serve as lessons to other judges not to undermine the powers of the executive. The judges have never ruled in favor of buhari ever since be began several trials. Do you expect him to fold his hands and watch? That is why he is the commander in chief of armed forces. He can get whatever he wants

1 Like

Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by Codes151(m): 7:03pm On Oct 08, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
what is this one and his sharers n likers saying Na ubtill SARS come at 1 for night come carry u una go Sabi say it's lawlessness?? Send invitations that's what a lawful country does
Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by AngelAhnie(f): 7:26pm On Oct 08, 2016
Firefire:

Specially made for you, kid.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by lohresloco: 8:59pm On Oct 08, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
Evil. Even Idi Amin of old Ugandan wouldn't try this!

We are in grave Danger!! Police wanna shoot a sitting governor?

Too baddddddddddddddddd!!!!

abeg them for shoot, war for so break out ehn.
Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by ocelot2006(m): 9:35pm On Oct 08, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
[s][/s]

Your opinion changes nothing. Their houses have been invaded and they will be locked up so as to serve as lessons to other judges not to undermine the powers of the executive. The judges have never ruled in favor of buhari ever since be began several trials. Do you expect him to fold his hands and watch? That is why he is the commander in chief of armed forces. He can get whatever he wants

Please tell me you're joking. So who now checkmates the excesses of the Executive branch? You folks are some of the worst kind of hypocrites.
Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by Dakad: 9:36pm On Oct 08, 2016
Law of camal. Same way Ameachi was manhandled. Though not in support of such act. But what goes round comes around
Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by ocelot2006(m): 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2016
989900:
Send corrupt judges to jail; else they will ruin this country.

You mean Judges who give verdicts contrary to the wishes of the executive branch? No wahala.

BTW, when will the SFG join them in detention for the missing grass cutting funds?
Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by ocelot2006(m): 9:45pm On Oct 08, 2016
Nnamdikalu:
In this case two things are involved,either Buhari is after those who are truncating his efforts to sanitise the system or Gov Wike is trying effortfully to stop his Nyash from being exposed grin grin grin,.

What bloody effort to "sanitise"? When the president's cabinet's made up of incompetent buffoons and corrupt crooks?

1 Like

Re: Dss Threatens To Shoot Wike. by Sunsets: 10:25pm On Oct 08, 2016
ZKOSOSO:
Evil. Even Idi Amin of old Ugandan wouldn't try this!

We are in grave Danger!! Police wanna shoot a sitting governor?

Too baddddddddddddddddd!!!!

sitting governor? but in the picture i saw him standing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

IPOB Sit-At-Home: Army, Police, Navy, DSS, Others Take Over Onitsha / Governor Okowa Congratulates Alibaba On His Presidential Honour (PHOTOS) / EU Denies Asking INEC Chairman To Resign And For Tinubu To Be Disqualified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.