Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,561 members, 7,801,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme (22493 Views)

Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola / Jonathan Didn’t Endorse Sheriff- Aide / Jonathan Didn’t Found Niger Delta Avengers – IYC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 08, 2016
Persin when no treat him street people well na una hin go kon reason.wallahi I dey wait when hin go wear bangle enter black maria

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by AntiZombie: 10:17am On Oct 08, 2016
CSTR2:
Compared to the support he got, he didn't reciprocate appropriately. All the federal roads in the SE should have been rehabilitated by now.
Anyway, he was still miles better than the one we have now. I don't really like jonathan, but I can see why the east would support him instead of buhari.

your right

the dulllard we have now is a tyrant

at least the east got an airport. and the economy then favored them more than now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by danidee10(m): 10:18am On Oct 08, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
so an elderly stateman is lying? and you know more than him?...countinue

So because he is an Elderly states man he cannot lie

I just hope you were joking with that statement....
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by Owliver(m): 10:20am On Oct 08, 2016
DIFY20:

HAHAHAHHA

OFONJAS TRIBE

COME RAIN COME SUN #ISTANDWITHJONATHAN#.. BY NEXT TWO TO THREE years I WILL SHOW them HOW igbos benefitted from jonathan grin...i will never regret support jonathan
this post doesn't make sense. what are you saying?

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by freeman95(m): 10:20am On Oct 08, 2016
stfu ye fanatic lunatics!
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by steppin: 10:20am On Oct 08, 2016
martyns303:
Meanwhile I saw a sticker with the inscription "prayer for Buhari, Psalm 109:8". I just checked the Bible verse and lol......
O boy! Lwkmd!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by AfroKnight: 10:23am On Oct 08, 2016
You can't satisfy these people. Even if you offer your life, they'll ask for your family. Even with the massive looting they enjoyed they are not content. Shameful.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by eyeview: 10:24am On Oct 08, 2016
I want Nigerians to know this. We did not support Jonathan because he did anything in or for Igbo's. Far from it,rather he was a disappointment. But we supported him because we compared him with what APC threw forward in the person of Buhari and knew that jonathan was more of a detribalised man and a domcrat and we thus backed GEJ.
Today, going by the brazen and clear nepotism in buhari,we have been proved right. That which we saw from a distance has become clear to the rest of Nigeria.
And one thing about igbos is that once they stand for you, they will stand all thru with you. They never backstab

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by laffwitmi: 10:24am On Oct 08, 2016
Hear flatie, loyalty to a looter grin
EternalTruths:
One thing you can't take away from the Igbos is loyalty. cool

If they support you, they will never betray you like one tribe in the south filled with useless traitors.

Just guess that tribe . grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by Akinwerndey: 10:24am On Oct 08, 2016
How? Till he gives them all the budget allocations and make all the members His cabinet igbos? Abeg make dis man stp dey misyarn jo

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by AfroKnight: 10:24am On Oct 08, 2016
You can't satisfy these people. Even if you offer your life, they'll ask for your family. Even with the massive looting they enjoyed under GEJ, they are not content. Shameful.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by Donpressman(m): 10:24am On Oct 08, 2016
whoever treats igbos well? They complain too much
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by DIFY20(f): 10:24am On Oct 08, 2016
Owliver:
this post doesn't make sense. what are you saying?

who cares whether it make sense to u...abeg hide
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 08, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
"Lemme Comment My Reserve" grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by Bizibi(m): 10:27am On Oct 08, 2016
These zombies love picking threads,they are almost complete in this one
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by idealtailor(m): 10:28am On Oct 08, 2016
BUHARIISCURSED:
ekwueme is m a d
your username is'buhariiscursed', your comment is 'ekwueme is mad'. I wonder what you call your father since you lack respect for elders.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by misscall247: 10:29am On Oct 08, 2016
shamack:
How can u say such thing,,,,what else does the Igbos want, since he has allowed all sort of corruption,,,,,,,,then what else?,,,,,,,,,,IGBOS enjoy corrupt environments
he is not an ibo

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 08, 2016
But dem wan kill demsef for D Ogogoro fu...ck wife of Mama Peace.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by Orikinla(m): 10:31am On Oct 08, 2016
cyrilamx:
…Speaks on PDP, MASSOB and IPOB

By Onochie Anibeze, Emmanuel Aziken & Emeka Mamah

Jonathan: We conclude, today, the interview one time Vice President Dr Alex Ekwueme granted us to mark Nigeria’s Independence anniversary. Last week we published his views on the state of the nation. He said what we have today as Nigeria was not their dream that day of October 1, 1960 that Nigeria became an independent country. He would like Nigeria to be restructured in a way that will see the regions developing at their own pace rather than depending on the federal government for everything.

He advised President Buhari to dialogue with the Niger Delta to end the militancy in that area. Ekwueme revealed that the 1983 military coup was aimed at stopping him from becoming Nigeria’s President in 1987. He also gave reasons for declining President Olusegun Obasanjo’s offer to be Senate President.

Enjoy the last excerpts from the interview:

How do you think PDP can be revived?

There are a lot of… I won’t call them hooligans, characters who have taken control of PDP in various states of the federation, including my state and they are allowed to go away with it because the NWC in Wadata House is easy to compromise.

So you find these people dictating terms; they would arrange with them and be the ones to produce a list of delegates to vote at congress or convention. Until people like that are shunted out of the party nothing good will come out of the party. I have distanced myself from the activities of the party; I haven’t been to a Board of Trustees meeting in the last three years.

Haven’t they been inviting you?

Yes, I am a life member. I haven’t been to NEC meeting in the last three years because as I said there are a lot of characters there who shouldn’t be there.

Now people have suggested at one time that we should call a meeting of the original founding fathers who are still around and see how we can start afresh but I said that I am 83 going to 84, and that I cannot go through the same process I went through in 1998, that people younger should take it from there.

Some have, however, alleged that you had a hand in the problems of the party in Anambra in that you replaced ABC Nwosu who allegedly won the governorship primary in 1999 and replaced him with your former press secretary, Dr. Chinwoke Mbadiniju. Please, can you clear the air on this?

That is not true. I have challenged them for anybody to tell me where I said people should vote for Mbadiniju. None! The only person in all these years whom I have supported is Soludo.

Mabdiniju won the primary?

Yes.

So there was no issue of replacement or that ABC Nwosu won and was replaced with Mbadiniju?

First of all, ABC Nwosu should not have even contested because the agreement was that as secretary of the party he would not contest.

Sir, what is the way out of the economic recession?

Long term I have already addressed. Build up our capacity and Nigeria will be better off. In the short term, I am surprised at the government’s stance. The price of crude oil is less than one-third of what it used to be at its peak, and production level was 2.2 million barrels per day and right now we are producing about 900,000 barrels which is much less than half of the production and selling at less than one-third of the price of the former selling price. So you can see what the impact could be on an economy like ours that is mono culture and dependent on one product.

The Niger Delta Avengers and collaborators are responsible for the drop in production; they are not responsible for the price.

Yar‘adua, when he had a similar problem was able to start the amnesty programme and at that time, our production had also dropped to 800,000, and we had been overtaken by Angola in Africa. But once Yar‘adua settled with the restive youths through the Amnesty Programme, production went back to 2.2 million barrels.

Now with all that information at the disposal of the present government they did not see that the best course of action would be to negotiate with these boys and reach some understanding; instead they want to use the force of arms and even with all that, they are still blowing up facilities.

I read a few days ago that they said that they killed 23 militants, and it is not something to brag about. You kill 23 of the boys, and you are bragging about it; it is not a very good thing to hear.

There is no short cut of getting out of recession which is mostly caused by the lack of foreign exchange to run factories, to even import goods and services…there is no shortcut than to increase production.

Instead of facing it squarely we are still battling with the force of arms to try and subdue. I am not a soldier, maybe soldiers always think of force, force as a means of solving problems, but I don’t see a quick end to the recession without solving the problem of low oil production.

The Igbo question. Do you feel they lack of leadership in Igbo land?

It depends on what you mean by leadership. We have about five governors in Igbo land, we have a deputy president of the Senate, we have a lot of ministers, we have a lot of political leaders.

President Jonathan when he was campaigning did a lot of things for the North and West, and it is alleged he even mobilised the traditional rulers in the North and West, but the Southeast backed him without negotiating even with its bad roads.

As I said in an interview in the past, Jonathan didn’t treat us very well for the support he got in 2011; which he confessed to me himself was more than what he got from his people in the South-South.

He gave an example, that the people who were running against him tried to get a running mate from the Southeast, but none of them succeeded in getting a running mate from the Southeast to run against him; but even in his own South-South, Oyegun was a running mate to somebody; and when the election was over the Youth Corps members who were brutalised in Bauchi were people from the Southeast, not people from the South-South.

[size=20pt]He told me this himself. So, he had every reason to be fair-minded and equitable in his distribution of resources. But we could not go from Enugu to Onitsha on a federal road, you couldn’t go from Enugu to Port-Harcourt on a federal road, we couldn’t go from Aba to Okigwe on a federal road; you couldn’t go from Owerri on the federal road. None of the federal roads in the Southeast was motorable. [/size]

So, would you support the actions of MASSOB and IPOB for self-determination?

I am 83 years old going to 84 next month, my attitude to life cannot be that with those who are in their twenties or in their thirties. But there is something the emir of Kano said about the young Igbo people, that those who are in MASSOB or IPOB never knew Nzeogwu or Ojukwu and they may think that instead of living like slaves in their country that it may be better for them to wage war and lose, if they lose they may get a more honourable peace than the one that their parents got at the end of the 30 months civil war.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/jonathan-didnt-treat-igbo-well-ekwueme/

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by flokii: 10:31am On Oct 08, 2016
Honestly, I feel these guys should be allowed to leave... They've become a pain in d ass of every tribe.

Despite d massive looting and corruption that favoured them over SS people, they still have d guts to complain.. As usual, they blame everyone else but them cos they are d best without blemish. GEJ must be regretting now sef.. lol

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by May19th: 10:35am On Oct 08, 2016
EternalTruths:
One thing you can't take away from the Igbos is loyalty. cool

If they support you, they will never betray you like one tribe in the south filled with useless traitors.

Just guess that tribe . grin

You mean Yoruba?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by martineverest(m): 10:37am On Oct 08, 2016
ingrates everywhere....after he neglected niger delta/niger deltans in favour of northerners and easterners and u guys are spewing trash

i blame d idiot gej,that failed to assist our dear region,niger delta

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by Abugab(m): 10:38am On Oct 08, 2016
But the same Igbo people have vowed to die and kill anyone over him.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by martineverest(m): 10:39am On Oct 08, 2016
flokii:
Honestly, I feel these guys should be allowed to leave... They've become a pain in d ass of every tribe.

Despite d massive looting and corruption that favoured them over SS people, they still have d guts to complain.. As usual, they blame everyone else but them cos they are d best without blemish. GEJ must be regretting now sef.. lol
i dont even know y buhari is holding dem...dey dont contribute to national coffers and they make d loudest noices...even hausas are more usef to d economy than ibos

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by chrisBenSunny: 10:41am On Oct 08, 2016
BUHARIISCURSED:
ekwueme is m a d
. It is your good for nothing father that is mad hence u hv lost respect for erlders. Idiot

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by Owliver(m): 10:41am On Oct 08, 2016
DIFY20:

who cares whether it make sense to u...abeg hide
rude girl.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 08, 2016
cyrilamx:
…Speaks on PDP, MASSOB and IPOB

By Onochie Anibeze, Emmanuel Aziken & Emeka Mamah

Jonathan: We conclude, today, the interview one time Vice President Dr Alex Ekwueme granted us to mark Nigeria’s Independence anniversary. Last week we published his views on the state of the nation. He said what we have today as Nigeria was not their dream that day of October 1, 1960 that Nigeria became an independent country. He would like Nigeria to be restructured in a way that will see the regions developing at their own pace rather than depending on the federal government for everything.

He advised President Buhari to dialogue with the Niger Delta to end the militancy in that area. Ekwueme revealed that the 1983 military coup was aimed at stopping him from becoming Nigeria’s President in 1987. He also gave reasons for declining President Olusegun Obasanjo’s offer to be Senate President.

Enjoy the last excerpts from the interview:

How do you think PDP can be revived?

There are a lot of… I won’t call them hooligans, characters who have taken control of PDP in various states of the federation, including my state and they are allowed to go away with it because the NWC in Wadata House is easy to compromise.

So you find these people dictating terms; they would arrange with them and be the ones to produce a list of delegates to vote at congress or convention. Until people like that are shunted out of the party nothing good will come out of the party. I have distanced myself from the activities of the party; I haven’t been to a Board of Trustees meeting in the last three years.

Haven’t they been inviting you?

Yes, I am a life member. I haven’t been to NEC meeting in the last three years because as I said there are a lot of characters there who shouldn’t be there.

Now people have suggested at one time that we should call a meeting of the original founding fathers who are still around and see how we can start afresh but I said that I am 83 going to 84, and that I cannot go through the same process I went through in 1998, that people younger should take it from there.

Some have, however, alleged that you had a hand in the problems of the party in Anambra in that you replaced ABC Nwosu who allegedly won the governorship primary in 1999 and replaced him with your former press secretary, Dr. Chinwoke Mbadiniju. Please, can you clear the air on this?

That is not true. I have challenged them for anybody to tell me where I said people should vote for Mbadiniju. None! The only person in all these years whom I have supported is Soludo.

Mabdiniju won the primary?

Yes.

So there was no issue of replacement or that ABC Nwosu won and was replaced with Mbadiniju?

First of all, ABC Nwosu should not have even contested because the agreement was that as secretary of the party he would not contest.

Sir, what is the way out of the economic recession?

Long term I have already addressed. Build up our capacity and Nigeria will be better off. In the short term, I am surprised at the government’s stance. The price of crude oil is less than one-third of what it used to be at its peak, and production level was 2.2 million barrels per day and right now we are producing about 900,000 barrels which is much less than half of the production and selling at less than one-third of the price of the former selling price. So you can see what the impact could be on an economy like ours that is mono culture and dependent on one product.

The Niger Delta Avengers and collaborators are responsible for the drop in production; they are not responsible for the price.

Yar‘adua, when he had a similar problem was able to start the amnesty programme and at that time, our production had also dropped to 800,000, and we had been overtaken by Angola in Africa. But once Yar‘adua settled with the restive youths through the Amnesty Programme, production went back to 2.2 million barrels.

Now with all that information at the disposal of the present government they did not see that the best course of action would be to negotiate with these boys and reach some understanding; instead they want to use the force of arms and even with all that, they are still blowing up facilities.

I read a few days ago that they said that they killed 23 militants, and it is not something to brag about. You kill 23 of the boys, and you are bragging about it; it is not a very good thing to hear.

There is no short cut of getting out of recession which is mostly caused by the lack of foreign exchange to run factories, to even import goods and services…there is no shortcut than to increase production.

Instead of facing it squarely we are still battling with the force of arms to try and subdue. I am not a soldier, maybe soldiers always think of force, force as a means of solving problems, but I don’t see a quick end to the recession without solving the problem of low oil production.

The Igbo question. Do you feel they lack of leadership in Igbo land?

It depends on what you mean by leadership. We have about five governors in Igbo land, we have a deputy president of the Senate, we have a lot of ministers, we have a lot of political leaders.

President Jonathan when he was campaigning did a lot of things for the North and West, and it is alleged he even mobilised the traditional rulers in the North and West, but the Southeast backed him without negotiating even with its bad roads.

As I said in an interview in the past, Jonathan didn’t treat us very well for the support he got in 2011; which he confessed to me himself was more than what he got from his people in the South-South.

He gave an example, that the people who were running against him tried to get a running mate from the Southeast, but none of them succeeded in getting a running mate from the Southeast to run against him; but even in his own South-South, Oyegun was a running mate to somebody; and when the election was over the Youth Corps members who were brutalised in Bauchi were people from the Southeast, not people from the South-South.

He told me this himself. So, he had every reason to be fair-minded and equitable in his distribution of resources. But we could not go from Enugu to Onitsha on a federal road, you couldn’t go from Enugu to Port-Harcourt on a federal road, we couldn’t go from Aba to Okigwe on a federal road; you couldn’t go from Owerri on the federal road. None of the federal roads in the Southeast was motorable.

So, would you support the actions of MASSOB and IPOB for self-determination?

I am 83 years old going to 84 next month, my attitude to life cannot be that with those who are in their twenties or in their thirties. But there is something the emir of Kano said about the young Igbo people, that those who are in MASSOB or IPOB never knew Nzeogwu or Ojukwu and they may think that instead of living like slaves in their country that it may be better for them to wage war and lose, if they lose they may get a more honourable peace than the one that their parents got at the end of the 30 months civil war.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/jonathan-didnt-treat-igbo-well-ekwueme/
Had jonathan treated Igbo well, he would have fought for the inclusion of onitsha-enugu highway projects removed twice from the annual budgets by the south-eastern senators and reps members who diverted same to their constituency projects during his tenure, which none of them executed. I hail the courage of PMB and Amaechi who fought for the inclusion of the highway project into the 2016 budget, which was initially removed by same south east NA members in their usual practice. SE politicians are their enemies and I hope they'll deal with this in the future elections when they come back home from abuja as elections near to share money and brainwash them for their personal gains.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by flokii: 10:42am On Oct 08, 2016
May19th:

You mean Yoruba?

see d way you're feeling funky

d same yorubas that made GEJ president?

what you guys know is how to snitch and form familiarity with any govt. in power.. same thing your chiefs attempted with PMB but suffered rejection...
After GEJ became president, ur people realised he was their son.. no be so?

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by DIFY20(f): 10:42am On Oct 08, 2016
Owliver:
rude girl.

rude boy
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by Lloydfather(m): 10:44am On Oct 08, 2016
[quote author=BUHARIISCURSED ekwueme is m a d

You are cursed.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Treat The Igbo Well – Ekwueme by timeman: 10:44am On Oct 08, 2016
It's Official; Igbhoes are slaves confirmed by Ekwueme. Afonja Slaves, Ijaw Slaves, Hausa/fulani Slaves. The Sun Is Gone Forever!
Respect the truth!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Government Awarded Deceitful, Ghost Projects — Presidency / JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta / Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.