Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria (33208 Views)

List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics / Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price / Smile 4G Network Now In Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Benin & Asaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by sisisioge: 3:54pm On Oct 08, 2016
Biko has Etisalat data gone more expensive? 1k for 1g. Glo is 1k for 3.2 g o.
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by Pylony(m): 4:03pm On Oct 08, 2016
Mustiboy:
Airtel, Shey una see una life? You better act fast:-@
No vex o, e fit be say Airtel just dey observer were the other 3 giant service providers make mistake so them go take correction. grin

1 Like

Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by Pylony(m): 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2016
I wonder what the use of that Nigerian box communication satellite call NigcomSAT doing in space sef.. They said it will provide cheaper internet and other communication related services but all we see are deep sea optic fibers running from abroad to Nigeria by telecom providers.
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by honor4me: 4:25pm On Oct 08, 2016
somehowpenis:
Are these really 4G, when compared to the outside world? Hope they aren't recycling nonsense and renaming them to 4G
My brother u expressed my fear. Last week I had cause to travel to cotedivore by road stopping in Togo and Ghana. As someone who cannot do without Internet connection, I was buying SIM cards from different countries. What surprised me was the case of MTN Ghana. Through my movement from Aflao border from Togo side to Elubo by Cotedivore border, the network maintain a consistent 4G connection as attested and shown by my iPhone 6s. To say I was surprised was an understatement. This journey covered nothing less than 400km. And here I am in Abuja as I write this, my iPhone 6s never for once showed 4G anywhere. Forget any of the networks claiming that they have 4G!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by 247man: 4:25pm On Oct 08, 2016
No time. On my iphone 6plus running iOS 9.3.3. Glo said I have to upgrade to 10.0.2 to use their lte.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by 247man: 4:30pm On Oct 08, 2016
somehowpenis:
Are these really 4G, when compared to the outside world? Hope they aren't recycling nonsense and renaming them to 4G

Fair enough

Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by namuguibe(m): 4:32pm On Oct 08, 2016
martineverest:
when some countries are already testing 5G
ah ah .... it is OK now. 4G is an achievement.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by Ugogenius(m): 4:40pm On Oct 08, 2016
Hey yo! ETISALAT is da boom

Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by uchaymart(m): 4:42pm On Oct 08, 2016
Reediano:
Finally! Etisalat has also joined tge 4G LTE family. This is coming just few days after Glo launched theirs. So now, out of the big four telecom operators, MTN, Glo and Etisalat now supports 4G LTE network which leaves only Airtel in the GSM 3G network category.

Mtn was actually the first of the big four to launch it's 4G LTE network after it acquired Visafone last year, but now Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has re-framed the (1800Mhz) spectrum which now makes it possible for other telecom providers to launch their own 4G network even without owning a 4G spectrum.

At the moment, Glo currently offers the widest 4g network coverage as it's available in 9 cities while Mtn is available in 3 cities and Etisalat 4G network coverage is only available in some parts of Lagos at the moment. But the telc company has promised to expand his network coverage soon.

If you happen to be one of those whose smartphone isn't compatible with Glo and Etisalat 4g LTE, then you might want to check out Etisalat instead as it supports more older 4G LTE Smartphones compared to the rest. Another good thing is that all Etisalat sim cards are Universal Subscriber Identity Module (USIM) which means there is no need upgrading your sim card before you can enjoy the Etisalat 4g service.

While we wait on Airtel to release theirs, you currently have a different options to choose from. You can read more on the Glo 4g and Mtn or Visafone 4G.

http://www.yomitech.com/2016/10/etisalat-4g-lte-network-now-live-in.html
its also in BENUE STATE op
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by DEIFIED(m): 4:42pm On Oct 08, 2016
So airtel must carry last.
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 08, 2016
fratermathy:
All these Nigerian 3.75G in the name of LTE. Those who are using this should confirm: can the 4G LTE in Nigeria reach a downlink peak of 20MBps and uplink of 10MBps?

If no, then we haven't even started.

In any case, this is a step in the right direction for the future of the Internet in Nigeria.

U can only get that speed with wired connection, not wireless LTE. Even mtn that is getting above 100mbps is because it is early times. By the time lots of people get onto their 4g i don't expect their speed to exceed 40mbps. U are going to need a speed of at least 200mbps to be able to download a file at 20MB/s.
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by tdemo(m): 4:53pm On Oct 08, 2016
please someone should educate me on what this 4/lite is all about... is it like the normal data or wht?
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by UjSizzle(f): 4:53pm On Oct 08, 2016
charix:
Everywhere I look I see news and claims telecom companies now provide 4G service. What I haven't seen so far is attestation to the benefits. My 3G connection is working perfectly apart from some days of bad connections.
If these companies want me to buy 4G data rather than 3G how would they convince me? Let's see if nairalanders can convince me to jump onboard especially as it entails buying new hardware.
I don't think there's any additional charge to use 4g. Your regular data plan apply with better speed. At least that's what MTN said on their Facebook page.
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 08, 2016
charix:
Everywhere I look I see news and claims telecom companies now provide 4G service. What I haven't seen so far is attestation to the benefits. My 3G connection is working perfectly apart from some days of bad connections.
If these companies want me to buy 4G data rather than 3G how would they convince me? Let's see if nairalanders can convince me to jump onboard especially as it entails buying new hardware.

If u prefer a slow speed of 4mbps to a faster speed of above 40mbps then na u Sabi. Afterall the plans are the same so its a win win. And just in case u dont know, all these networks have throttled their 3g speed so people can get in 4g. Before now I use to get up to 17mbps on MTN 3g but since their bought Visafone they have throttled their speed, u can hardly get 5mpbs on MTN 3g these days. Same thing with etisalat, their 3g has been super slow since they started working on their 4g launch.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by somehowpenis(m): 5:06pm On Oct 08, 2016
247man:

Fair enough
you call this crap fair enough? I get more than this with Etisalat 3G.. 4G lte should begin from 100mbps

Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by Sike(m): 5:24pm On Oct 08, 2016
Let's go there!
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by Earth2Metahuman: 5:25pm On Oct 08, 2016
honor4me:

My brother u expressed my fear. Last week I had cause to travel to cotedivore by road stopping in Togo and Ghana. As someone who cannot do without Internet connection, I was buying SIM cards from different countries. What surprised me was the case of MTN Ghana. Through my movement from Aflao border from Togo side to Elubo by Cotedivore border, the network maintain a consistent 4G connection as attested and shown by my iPhone 6s. To say I was surprised was an understatement. This journey covered nothing less than 400km. And here I am in Abuja as I write this, my iPhone 6s never for once showed 4G anywhere. Forget any of the networks claiming that they have 4G!
you do realize the entire Togo is like half the size of Niger state right?

How long do you think it would take mtn to cover Togo and even beyond?
Plus mtn has been operating 4g in Togo since when? And when did they start in Nigeria?

All these fears are unnecessary.

3 Likes

Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by Earth2Metahuman: 5:27pm On Oct 08, 2016
greenhulk:

If u prefer a slow speed of 4mbps to a faster speed of above 40mbps then na u Sabi. Afterall the plans are the same so its a win win. And just in case u dont know, all these networks have throttled their 3g speed so people can get in 4g. Before now I use to get up to 17mbps on MTN 3g but since their bought Visafone they have throttled their speed, u can hardly get 5mpbs on MTN 3g these days. Same thing with etisalat, their 3g has been super slow since they started working on their 4g launch.
I thought I'm the only that noticed the awful drop in mtn 3g speed.
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by prinsam30: 5:28pm On Oct 08, 2016
I don't give a shît about the 4G, Just give me cheap data that's all
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by olaolaking: 5:45pm On Oct 08, 2016
IjogzK:
Lmaoooo these people they always wait for the first person to start something... Na them swift and spectranet I pity pass.

Spectranet don use mail and text kill my phone say I get awooff data..

Can someone tell them that I don't want
Na so swift dey persuade me with offers. Na my time to sakara be this. I go just unlock their modem and free myself
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 08, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
I thought I'm the only that noticed the awful drop in mtn 3g speed.

Ha ha, I've noticed it for a couple of months now. It's particularly worse with etisalat who are currently battling with glo to become the slowest network. They throttled everything down to give way to 4g. And I think it's gonna get worse for 3g users in the coming months as they will keep throttling the speed so people can upgrade to 4g.
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by VastGadgets: 6:11pm On Oct 08, 2016
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by mikron(m): 6:45pm On Oct 08, 2016
AIRTEL dey learn where these telcos dey. they are big time learners. though i like them. grin grin
meanwhile the face airtel make as they learn of the new 4G era of the existing telcos

Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by 2kurupt(m): 6:50pm On Oct 08, 2016
power900:
I wonder why people are just in a haste to get 4g self, for me the present ++ speed is still cool and I don't have to buy a whole new smart phone just for some little added speed advantage, .....great haste, great waste!!!

That's what someone that's not using a 4G LTE compatible phone will say, or do you expect people to under-utilize their smartphones?

1 Like

Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by COMPAQ(m): 6:53pm On Oct 08, 2016
somehowpenis:
you call this crap fair enough? I get more than this with Etisalat 3G.. 4G lte should begin from 100mbps

Don't be daft. There is nowhere in the world LTE gives you 100Mbps! Last I checked the fastest average LTE speeds are circa 35 Mbps is south Korea. You can only get 100mbps with wired Internet
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by 2kurupt(m): 6:54pm On Oct 08, 2016
martineverest:

Since we got only this country what do you expect us to do?

Plz let's try to appreciate what we got...
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by bigtt76(f): 6:55pm On Oct 08, 2016
What band is Glo transmitting on pls?

sammieomoba:
GLO you see ur life
etisalat is using band 3 while mtn band 7 and 20
most 4g phone are compatible with it
you beta add another band to ur band
chose btw band 3 and 7
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by bigtt76(f): 7:01pm On Oct 08, 2016
Exactly! I expect Airtel to come out with a bang and launch 5G grin I've always known Etisalat and Airtel both have networks which can be scaled easily compared to Glo and MTN.

They've always had 3.75G network equipment compared to Glo and MTN which had 2G-3G equipment. Good for us all data would become cheaper bad for Swift and Spectranet. Also, expect 3G to become faster or slower than 2G grin

These telcos may have all along been masking the true network they're using. They may have been transmitting 2G as 3G while the 4G might actually be 3G undecided You can't trust them shaaa.

martineverest:

1 Like

Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by dustmalik: 7:01pm On Oct 08, 2016
bigtt76:
What band is Glo transmitting on pls?

band 28 (700mhz)
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by bigtt76(f): 7:07pm On Oct 08, 2016
Band 28 lonh lonh? Thank God my phone has 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 28, 38, 39, 40 and 41 grin

dustmalik:

band 28 (700mhz)
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by l00ll0ll(m): 7:14pm On Oct 08, 2016
247man:

Fair enough

That ain't fair. It's nonsense. That's basically a 3G download rate. Although they are just starting, let's see how it goes. I commend them for using band 3 though. And it also depends on what data plan you were on. Because etisalat have always devised ways of speed throttling data. They do that alot.
Re: Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria by martineverest(m): 7:16pm On Oct 08, 2016
bigtt76:
Exactly! I expect Airtel to come out with a bang and launch 5G grin I've always known Etisalat and Airtel both have networks which can be scaled easily compared to Glo and MTN.

They've always had 3.75G network equipment compared to Glo and MTN which had 2G-3G equipment. Good for us all data would become cheaper bad for Swift and Spectranet. Also, expect 3G to become faster or slower than 2G grin

These telcos may have all along been masking the true network they're using. They may have been transmitting 2G as 3G while the 4G might actually be 3G undecided You can't trust them shaaa.

5G is being tested and waiting to be released by 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Flash Any Number Without Airtime With Your Airtel Sim / Tecno M5 Specifications And Features Leaked / "Itel S15 Pro: For Phone Users Who Take A Lot Of Selfies" (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.