Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,266 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice (51953 Views)

Igede Lady Removes Shoes To Enter ATM Cubicle (Photo) / FG Bans Importation Of Packaged Tomato Paste / FG Lifts Ban On 41 Imported Items (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by themayor4542(m): 1:30am On Oct 09, 2016
TPAND:
Buhari is so inconsistent and disoriented.

Just this week, you tighten security at the borders against imported rice via land saying they were harmful for consumption, today you lifting the ban on imported rice by land.

Sai Baba is a typical aboki, a pathological no-brainer
Come on man,easy with the insults. no need for tribalism. besides he's still our president you know.
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by Holyghostpikin(m): 2:00am On Oct 09, 2016
One of the tins u can decode from this government is lack of concrete economic policies............
Am an economist and I know what am saying
God w help Nigeria sha
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by NightHawke: 2:30am On Oct 09, 2016
Nigeria and Policy Somersault
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by hollypagan: 3:01am On Oct 09, 2016
Igbo boys oya,ship load fast fast rice is too high
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by ernieboy(m): 3:02am On Oct 09, 2016
agabusta:
What now happens to all the efforts to stimulate local production of rice??

Nigeria and policy somersaults eh.

Well, some short term advantage will accrue from this:
-cheaper rice

Long term disadvantages
-pressures on naira will continue as people continue sourcing for scarce foreign exchange for rice imports.
-if the local production is not well protected and nourished, this new directive can kill off the production.
what I don't understand is how our local rice farmer cannot cultivate and make profit st the same price point with foreign rice considering that custom duties and transportation costs are added to the price of foreign rice.
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by MrOdyssey(m): 3:25am On Oct 09, 2016
paulGrundy:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/customs-removes-rice-from-import-restriction-list-at-land-borders/114013.html

Some few months ago the exact same evil was committed in our educational system No thanks to Buhari and his cronies.
Post ume was cancelled and admission consideration list sent to institutions to the joy of aspirants and parents and indeed all well meaning Nigerians.
Few days later the clueless govt came to break every ones heart by withdrawing the admission consideration list which was earlier reported was based on institutions and departments carrying capacity.
and post ume was re-introduced under a christened name-Admission screening and hence pushing back our education calander by months.
now same evil is being perpetrated here. may God deliver us from the govt of indecisiveness.
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by mengho(m): 3:32am On Oct 09, 2016
PMb administrationis fast becoming a disappointment even to me, I used to like the old man, but looks like his cabinet & inconsistent policies are like 5 & 6.( d Zuma thingy) .APC seems to like speaking from both sides of thier mouth.

Bubu u down fall my hand, the ban should have stayed in place, now u don increase pressure on d naira
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by Kingspin(m): 4:03am On Oct 09, 2016
agabusta:

Abeg keep quiet. You people were the one screaming that his policies drove up the price of rice, now he has agreed to the pampering that the consumerist nation Nigeria wants and you are still wailing
Wave policies govt.
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by Ademoore07(m): 5:00am On Oct 09, 2016
These news had been debunked few hours ago. Check the customs official facebook page.
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by djkirkoo2(m): 5:57am On Oct 09, 2016
agabusta:

Abeg keep quiet. You people were the one screaming that his policies drove up the price of rice, now he has agreed to the pampering that the consumerist nation Nigeria wants and you are still wailing
So what will happen to all the rice news that we've been seeing online and hearing on news? Eg, Kano rice, jigawa rice, Ebonyi rice, Anambra rice. Etc. Don't tell me they are all propaganda
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by solasalako(m): 6:21am On Oct 09, 2016
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by riczy(m): 6:48am On Oct 09, 2016
What side are u?,he placed a ban so local cultivation can thrive u complain,he lifts the ban zo u dont die of starvation u complain , for ever Wailer's!
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 09, 2016
What power has this man to take economic decision His he not suppose to be an enforcer enforcing the law of behalf of his masters
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by Mrjo(m): 7:19am On Oct 09, 2016
Ur problem is that u think u ar better than ụr father while u ar wost.
chibuzorAbia:

U need it more than I do. Guess you are one of those waitng for a Jewish messiah to come and solve our self made self perpetuated problems. We are going to leave our children the same legacy of hunger, poverty and hopelessness.
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by 8BitGee(m): 7:35am On Oct 09, 2016
Unbelievable! Just when we'd started getting people interested in local rice to boost our economy and reduce the import bill?

Maybe PDP was right after all. Unbelievable!

Edit: False news, this is from 2015. Oh thank God!
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by chachanga: 8:29am On Oct 09, 2016
TPAND:

Just this week, you tighten security at the borders against imported rice via land saying they were harmful for consumption, today you lifting the ban on imported rice by land.

Even if he's confused , what about his mgt team?!
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by dharn10(m): 8:48am On Oct 09, 2016
This will definitely kill local production, and more pressure will hit FX. Going back to square 1. Shaking ma head
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by calabardick(m): 9:56am On Oct 09, 2016
TPAND:

dharn10:
This will definitely kill local production, and more pressure will hit FX. Going back to square 1. Shaking ma head

chachanga:

Even if he's confused , what about his mgt team?!
birds of the same feathers fly together, you'll never see an eagle in the gathering of vultures

Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by godwin120alex: 10:52am On Oct 09, 2016
What of pple dis govt inconsistent policies has killed there businesses?
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by chachanga: 11:15am On Oct 09, 2016
calabardick:

birds of the same feathers fly together, you'll never see an eagle in the gathering of vultures

Which eagle, which vulture; where are they? Free me and stop cracking jokes jor!

Read my previous posts, even as of this morning; am not one of those who come here with a one-track mind bent on hanging anybody indiscriminately or unjustifiably.

Man, for you to sing the national anthem all through primary/secondary school constantly praying to "God of Creation" to "guide our leaders right" and still lack they still lack that guidance till your adulthood calls for you to come to your senses and constructively chirp up.

As an adult member of the polity you have front-row seat in bearing the impact of maladministration hence your right to query and guide your leaders aright is sacrosanct. It's not only about Buhari but all past and future leaders, be a nationalist, not a star-groupie! Am passing on ur insult this time!! angry

Shun sycophancy, it's also good for your health and life expectancy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by chibuzorAbia: 11:24am On Oct 09, 2016
Mrjo:
Ur problem is that u think u ar better than ụr father while u ar wost.

Now I know you are just an idiat.
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by Luizkid(m): 11:50am On Oct 09, 2016
anonimi:

WHEN will we be ready?
HOW can we get ourselves ready?
Or should we remain unready for ever ni?
Simply by improving the quality of Locally produced rice and watch as it freely competes with the foreign rice. You know the local rice is naturally sweet but just for the stones n chaff
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by anonimi: 11:56am On Oct 09, 2016
Luizkid:
Simply by improving the quality of Locally produced rice and watch as it freely competes with the foreign rice. You know the local rice is naturally sweet but just for the stones n chaff

How will the quality improve if we don't buy and provide motivation for such improvements?
Do you know how that would happen without motivation?

1 Like

Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by Ondoboi12345678: 12:38pm On Oct 09, 2016
Get your fact !!! 70% of Ghana good stuffs are imported
lielbree:
I weep for my country. Ghana dose not import rice. They are blacks like us..,

What's wrong with us??
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by lielbree: 12:51pm On Oct 09, 2016
Ondoboi12345678:
Get your fact !!! 70% of Ghana good stuffs are imported
What percent of rice dose Ghana import? I lived there o, my step sis still lives in Accra
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by Luizkid(m): 1:09pm On Oct 09, 2016
anonimi:

How will the quality improve if we don't buy and provide motivation for such improvements?
Do you know how that would happen without motivation?
that's where the Government comes in with support and improved processing and storage facilities but unfortunately our Agriculture ministry is not thinking that direction
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by koboko69: 1:12pm On Oct 09, 2016
TPAND:

You are so juvenile.

I'm sorry I defer from joining issues with you. Seems you skipped school, shamefully you display your ignorance online and open your rotten guts to say do one estimate IQ can

Well this buttresses my reservations that your mental age is dated in seconds. So irrespective of your chronological age, you cerebral acumen is a disaster.

Hahahahahaha.TPAND the online super clown who never has a reasonable comment to make. cheesy. Witb all ur education oga prof, u still post like a kindergarten wailer. U are a disgrace to education, its only ur fellow dundees u appear sane to cheesy
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by anonimi: 1:24pm On Oct 09, 2016
Luizkid:
that's where the Government comes in with support and improved processing and storage facilities but unfortunately our Agriculture ministry is not thinking that direction

I thought the government is made up of all of us and our VALUES. Not so
If we do not actively cherish our own food items, why should the government that we allow to rule us support such since we have clearly indicated that is not our priority?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3937452_fbimg1455225198661_jpeg11aac1d4a66dda821df3f6422c5fd4c4

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855782_imaginationwallpaper10708146_jpeg8ab611433e315906637ee14df7014eeb

1 Like

Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by koolguy88(m): 2:55pm On Oct 09, 2016
Big lie
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by GreatEngineer(m): 9:09pm On Oct 09, 2016
This Government act before thinking, now after thinking they have reversed their action, everything is about trial and error, you cant be doing trial and error with over 150million people, it will surely back fire. Only God will save us.
Re: Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice by Ondoboi12345678: 2:25am On Oct 10, 2016
Oga, I lived in Accra too. Ghana has being eating imported rice right from on-set. Even some palm oil popularly called "Red oil" are been imported too.
lielbree:

What percent of rice dose Ghana import? I lived there o, my step sis still lives in Accra

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Are You In Lagos? Don't Visit The ATM On Friday !! / Sani Dangote Is Dead! Vice President, Dangote Group Dies / "New Currency Or Transfer" See Inscription On a Keke Napep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.