Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) (77667 Views)

The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them / Aguiyi-Ironsi With Ojukwu, Gowon, Hassan Katsina, David Ejoor & Wey. Throwback / Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by rabzy: 3:49pm On Dec 31, 2018
daleehat:
Anytime I remember that TY Danjuma killed Agui Ironsin It gladden my heart and make me proud as a Jukun Man

What is remarkable in that, was it a fair fight, they were grossly outnumbered and took them by surprise.

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by graphiti: 3:50pm On Dec 31, 2018
superlightning:
immature people discussing what they know little or nothing about.

somehow i thank God Nigeria is suffering under this jihadist government so that their brains can be reformatted. Nigerians are so so myopic. exaggerating ironsi's mistakes won't conceal the hate and envy you lots have had for sincere and honest men like ironsi and fajuyi.

ironsi's only crime was not executing the couppplotters immediately and also, that he was IGBO.

anybody saying otherwise is just a zombie.
Oga, that "only crime" majorly led to where we found ourselves today!

If he had been professional and tried d coupists as expected in any sane military setting, instead of allowing the blood is thicker dn water mantra color his reasoning, d rest of Nigeria (particularly d north) won't have seen it as an ethnic coup.

That costly/single mistake led to d counter-coup/progrom which in turn led to d civil war. The effect of that war gave birth to d prevent day KANU-led biafra agitation.

Hope everyone can learn from this!

3 Likes

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Malawian(m): 3:51pm On Dec 31, 2018
Gowon brought about Unitary Government, NOT Ironsi.
Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Godskidk(m): 3:51pm On Dec 31, 2018
I just wonder if it will ever be possible to have a civil argument in NL without people resorting to Insults...�����

3 Likes

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by ezegenigbonine: 3:51pm On Dec 31, 2018
JuanDeDios:

I don't know your age. Just as you didn't know mine when you made the post I responded. I'm not a child and I doubt you are. When you post, keep it civil. No need to ask people to talk to their father.

I've heard

2 Likes

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by rabzy: 3:54pm On Dec 31, 2018
jrusky:

And you were there then And it was Bello or Nwankwo that tells you they are both on sworn allegiance isn't

Things really happened those days but such is life hopefully we are not walking into that era again when over 100 police besieged a single compound looking for just one man.

This is one of the most confirmed facts of that period, nwankwo mentioned it to many people. The two people involved never denied it.

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Billionaire09: 3:56pm On Dec 31, 2018
GuyFawkes:

T.Y Danjuma arrested Ironsi and Fajuyi but he didn't actually execute them. The young hotheaded subalterns hijacked the situation.

Is Buhari dead? Well he wasn't in Ibadan July 1966.

Obasanjo also wasn't present.

Those you are defending, their presence were not required to get assassination done.

Is just like saying it is not buratai that is constituting operation Python zombies in Biafraland to massacring unarmed IPOB people.

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by fabianjay101(m): 3:59pm On Dec 31, 2018
Kelechi2012:
Oga...Please update this post...LT SANI BELLO did not die during the war.He served in 3MCDO in Bonny and survived the war. He became military governor of Kano state and retired as a Colonel in 78.He is currently a member of the Retired Military Billionaire Club. His son , Abubakar Sani Bello is the current Governor of Niger state.
correct

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by somehow: 4:01pm On Dec 31, 2018
So those who first killed his people are?

DMerciful:
Ironsi ruined Nigeria with his unitary govt that has become our albatross till date.
As for Danjuma, he cried recently about the murder of his people but he forgot what goes around comes around! There is always retribution

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 31, 2018
Doctorfitz:
And these are the stories I want on fp be it 100percent correct or 50percent correct...The youths need to knw their history,know the politicians you celebrate,what are their antecedents?..A man who doesn't remember is past already has a bad future.

Thank you for this submission.

We have too much worthless information on FP.

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Bobbyfreshh(m): 4:06pm On Dec 31, 2018
KingOfAllIgbos:

Old enough to make your ma moan more than your pa did
shattap u dirty almajiri

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 31, 2018
JuanDeDios:

Which sword? Yorubas and Igbos do business together and intermarry every day of the week. The idiots who spend all day calling people Afonja and Ipob don't represent anyone.

Bro you just spoke my mind

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by KingOfAllIgbos: 4:09pm On Dec 31, 2018
Decryptor:

Decryptor to his useless homosexual father and worthless wh0re mother : i am a fagg0t and sperm guzzler

Ok! Noted!!

grin

Cry baby cry

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 31, 2018
Godskidk:
I just wonder if it will ever be possible to have a civil argument in NL without people resorting to Insults...�����

It is impossible as long as you have low IQ Nigerians in the argument.

2 Likes

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by baralatie(m): 4:11pm On Dec 31, 2018
daleehat:
Anytime I remember that TY Danjuma killed Agui Ironsin It gladden my heart and make me proud as a Jukun Man
who told you danjuma is jukun
Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Angelfrost(m): 4:18pm On Dec 31, 2018
Ugosample:

Did the bible also teach that people frim the same ethnic group as bloody coup plotters should suffer a pogrom?

Like the ones Igbos suffered after Ironsi dem were killed.

Till today, wicked, evil and satanic black monkeys in this fvckin $hithole still justify that pogrom, and history is intentionally omitted from the curriculums, to keep the masses dumb

He who kills by the sword dies by it, FINE

I dont see much problem with the "counter coup" in a way.

But to kill innocent people on the street who had NOTHING to do with the messs that was going on in the political space is a crime that Nigeria continues to pay for with blood.

undecided

You really should not waste good words on people of terribly low reasoning... This forum is overcrowded with such waste of earth space. Nairaland is where I finally confirmed that Good Education died in Nigeria early in the 21st century.

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:18pm On Dec 31, 2018
ironsi took over created a unitary even when ojukwu warn him on the negative trends he was defiant...col Tony madiebo had warned him of an impending coup 40 days before he was killed but he payed deaf ears...then those who took over afta ironsi death further plunged d nation to plenty nonsense we are facing today...the events of 66 led by nzeogwu a delta officer born in kaduna ll stir an albatross that ll hunt Nigeria for years...perhaps if the soldiers had stay true to their creed of defending the country and stay off politics maybe things will be different...

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Niyinficient(m): 4:20pm On Dec 31, 2018
Konquest:

^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^
I read an interview 2 years ago which was
granted to Punch by one of the children
of Adekunle Fajuyi that Northern/Middle-Belt
soldiers didn't want to kill him but his
killing was unintended and Theophilus
Danjuma apologised/condoled with the family.

The real target was Ironsi, but Fajuyi's
Ekiti strong-head, laced with military loyalty
and discipline led to his death!

Nwankwo saw an opening in the Ibadan
forest and promptly escaped with his
injuries while being aided by his friend - Bello.

Ekiti people can be very stubborn and loyal to the bone. Typical.

RIP to the both men...great men who served the army with heart and mind. They died believing in their will to make the country a better place. RIP soldiers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by fk001(m): 4:22pm On Dec 31, 2018
daleehat:

Why? Are you from Takum?
Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Born2Breed(f): 4:23pm On Dec 31, 2018
jrusky:

And you were there then And it was Bello or Nwankwo that tells you they are both on sworn allegiance isn't

Things really happened those days but such is life hopefully we are not walking into that era again when over 100 police besieged a single compound looking for just one man.

You don't read. These were the words of a close friend to Bello. I would have given you a link to the book but I won't,do your research.

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 31, 2018
daleehat:
anytime i remember how fulani murder and are preparing to murder and will continue to murder more middle beltans it gladden my heart and make me proud as an igbo man

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Born2Breed(f): 4:29pm On Dec 31, 2018
Mandesz:

fajuyi was killed because he didn't wnt d ibos to feel he knew about the coup. fajuyi had a gud relationship with d Hausa's in the army. prior, to d visit of ironsi, he has ask 4 d assurance on his safety in Ibadan, but he(fajuyi) said no problem. so after they had surrounded the house, ironsi came out of the house to beg them but they ordered fajuyi to release ironsi to them immediately. he said if they wanted to kill him(ironsi), it sud be at Lagos n not now that he was with him. they insisted on tame him and forcefully went in. thereafter, ironsi told the rebels IF THEY INSISTED ON KILLING IRONSI THEN HE SAW NO REASONS HE SUD BE SPEARED. So they took both to Iwo road and shot them there. it took several days b4 their decomposing bodies were found

This can't be true.
Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by OShepherd: 4:31pm On Dec 31, 2018
kayusely70:
Fajuyi was not going to be killed but his insistence that he wont allow his c-in-c to be taken away in his presence made Danjuma took both of them away and killed them. That was undivided loyalty and heroism on the part of Francis Adekunle Fajuyi.
Spirit of a True born Ekiti Son- Heady but loyal when U least expect. M/w U'll forever regret meeting them if U downplay their loyalty as the opposite is unpredictable brutality of d highest order!

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Decryptor(m): 4:31pm On Dec 31, 2018
KingOfAllIgbos:

grin

Cry baby cry

It's obvious you don't have a father and mother so you resort to abusing others. You are not worth my time.
Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 31, 2018
aishapmbtoto:
Ironsi refused to listen to his brothers who warned him against an impending doom and ended up paying the ultimate price.
Listen to your brothers, nothing goes for nothing.

Ojukwu and Madiebo consistently warned him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 31, 2018
maestroferddi:
I am afraid you are not making sense...

Nzeogwu claimed the coup was carried out to install awolowo.
Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by NNEWIsuper: 4:34pm On Dec 31, 2018
daleehat:
good a thing Fulani people are slaughtering your people

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 31, 2018
Chukazu:
No matter how the Igbo feel about Awolowo's betrayal of the region ,this Fajuyi demonstrated loyalty to Aguiyi Ironsi even to the point of death .

For me that shows that the Yoruba Are not as bad as we in the South East potray them.
The action of one man can not be used to judged an entire tribe

Funnily enough, the coup was actually meant to favor awolowo. Either ways, awolowo was going to benefit from the coup.

If the coup had came through, awolowo would be prime minister or president. The coup failed, awolowo became federal minister of finance.
Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 31, 2018
winj3:

I don't know how old you are but I can only say that for the size (and earlier influence) of the Yoruba tribe and how they could have tipped the power scales away from mallams since independence, they are easily the most useless, weak and wasteful tribe in Nigeria - and you can take that to the bank!

Any reason for your infantile outburst? How could the yoruba singlehandedly seize power when the igbos and hausas have partnered since independence? Care to explain?

1 Like

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 31, 2018
winj3:

I don't know how old you are but I can only say that for the size (and earlier influence) of the Yoruba tribe and how they could have tipped the power scales away from mallams since independence, they are easily the most useless, weak and wasteful tribe in Nigeria - and you can take that to the bank!

Ogundipe could have done that later on, but he eloped to Europe.
Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 31, 2018
IkonBee:

Funnily enough, the coup was actually meant to favor awolowo. Either ways, awolowo was going to benefit from the coup.

If the coup had came through, awolowo would be prime minister or president. The coup failed, awolowo became federal minister of finance.

Stop saying rubbish. Have you heard in history where the military installed a civilian president?

Is he going to be a military head of state without being a soldier or a civilian president without election? Use your head.

2 Likes

Re: General Ironsi And Lt Colonel Fajuyi The Day Before They Were Killed (Photo) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 31, 2018
IkonBee:

Ogundipe could have done that later on, but he eloped to Europe.

And ogundipe would continue to rule up to this day? When ironsi took over, did he keep power to the igbo till today?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Gunshots At Lekki Toll Gate As Security Agents Attack EndSARS Protesters / Lauretta Onochie: Sowore Faked His Re-Arrest In Order To Give DSS A Bad Name / Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.