Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland (38044 Views)

Hot And Affordable Properties In Lagos State For Sale / Young Man Laments As Flood Carries Away His Properties In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Do You Know The Land Debts You Are About To Inherit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by omonnakoda: 12:24am On Oct 09, 2016
OILSOUP:

Thank you for that insight. Our igbo custom is supreme.

Yoruba people want to talk about culture they dont know. They can never mind their business, it is igbo 24/7.
It is just pest control. A farmer has to protect his produce from vermin
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by omonnakoda: 12:26am On Oct 09, 2016
OILSOUP:

Enlighten us on our culture, tradition and who we are.

That is quite easy. You have none

You are JEWS remember?

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by foladara777(m): 12:27am On Oct 09, 2016
OILSOUP:

Start with Yoruba customs and the babaloja and mamaloja extortion that u call tradition. Idiot!
God!! You are slow!!... If d Supreme Court makes a judgment against that tradition, u won't see me defending it... That's the difference between both of us.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by OILSOUP: 12:28am On Oct 09, 2016
omonnakoda:
It is just pest control. A farmer has to protect his produce from vermin

Go and sleep and wake up tomorrow with igbo as good morning. It sucks to be yoruba.

Most of u comment mainly on igbo related thread. Yorubas have nothing to look forward to one wonder how u will cope post Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by OILSOUP: 12:30am On Oct 09, 2016
foladara777:

God!! You are slow!!... If d Supreme Court makes a judgment against that tradition, u won't see me defending it... That's the difference between both of us.

Igbo customs is supreme. Nobody can change our culture but us.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by Ngozi123(f): 12:31am On Oct 09, 2016
deliveryboy:
Great, So when her father dies, Amadioha says she cannot inherit his property and her brothers will gleefully deprive her of her inheritance, she does not complain, she moves on and meets an Igbo guy, the guy dies, husband's people comes, wash the dead body collects the water, put in a bowl, gives the woman to drink, she has to sleep in the same room with her husband's corpse for three days to prove her innocence, if innocent, they send her packing from their brother's house into the abyss. Are Igbo girls the Osu I have been hearing about?

You've been watching too many Nollywood movies...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by OILSOUP: 12:32am On Oct 09, 2016
omonnakoda:

That is quite easy. You have none

You are JEWS remember?

hahahahahahaha! He has run out of fantasy. bloody self-servicer!

Thank u for the Jewish compliment. I appreciate that, no igbo ever get angry from being called a Jew.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by foladara777(m): 12:33am On Oct 09, 2016
OILSOUP:

Go and sleep and wake up tomorrow with igbo as good morning. It sucks to be yoruba.

Most of u comment mainly on igbo related thread. Yorubas have nothing to look forward to wonder how they will cope post Nigeria.
It is obvious from ur comments that you are pained... Wish I could feel your pain?? Well I don't, buh I do understand it. U are embarrassed by the fact that people of other tribes are condemning your traditions and exposing it as backward and retrogressive... Well, u are d one defending your traditions hopelessly, so I guess it actually sucks to be Igbo instead.

7 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by omonnakoda: 12:34am On Oct 09, 2016
OILSOUP:

Most of u comment mainly on igbo related thread. Yorubas have nothing to look forward to one wonder how u will cope post Nigeria.
lol we look forward to Lagos and Eko Atlantic City, We maintain or language and identity proudly. Your folk go home and show off by speaking Yoruba. That is a mark or refinement in Igboland

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by OILSOUP: 12:35am On Oct 09, 2016
foladara777:

It is obvious from ur comments that you are pained... Wish I could feel your pain?? Well I don't, buh I do understand it. U are embarrassed by the fact that people of other tribes are condemning your traditions and exposing it as backward and retrogressive... Well, u are d one defending your traditions hopelessly, so I guess it actually sucks to be Igbo instead.

I am more than pained actually, wen it get to this level blood flows. U get luck of proximity.

E be u like say we dey play abi?
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by foladara777(m): 12:35am On Oct 09, 2016
OILSOUP:

Igbo customs is supreme. Nobody can change our culture but us.

Supreme?? I laugh in tongues!! So supreme that u need a judgment of the Supreme Court to tell u dat a particular custom is outdated and yet you are not ready to admit it.... Supreme indeed.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by foladara777(m): 12:37am On Oct 09, 2016
OILSOUP:

I am more than pained actually, wen it get to this level blood flows. U get luck of proximity.

E be u like say we dey play abi?
Blood flows?? Is that part of your culture too or itz a mere personal penchant for violence??

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by OILSOUP: 12:38am On Oct 09, 2016
foladara777:

Supreme?? I laugh in tongues!! So supreme that u need a judgment of the Supreme Court to tell u dat a particular custom is outdated and yet you are not ready to admit it.... Supreme indeed.

Who is the u? Are u daft or just delirious? Ndiigbo need nothing from the Zoo, we exercise our right, custom and tradition as we see fit without regard to the Zoo. hahahahahahahaha!

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by Nobody: 12:40am On Oct 09, 2016
OILSOUP:
AS LONG AS I HAVE GIVEN HER EDUCATION, LOVE AND CARE, TIME TO MARRY SHE CAN INHERIT HER HUSBAND, IF SHE WANT TO INHERIT FROM ME, SHE SHOULD FORGET MARRIAGE AND BECOME MY WIFE.

WE CAN DO IT LIKE THE YORUBAS AND START HAVING SEX WITH OUR DAUGHTERS.
ERRANT NONSENSE.

NO WONDER PEOPLE ARE SCREAMING BIAFRA, A YORUBA WANT TO USE SUPREME COURT TO FORCE OUR DAUGHTERS INTO INHERITING FATHER PROPERTY WEN BABALOJA AND MAMALOJA ARE STILL EXTORTING MONEY AND KILLING TRADERS IN LAGOS.
it is not new, even when your father finds it difficult to folk. Your mother, you will scream yoruba. If your brother sleeps with your wife, still shout yoruba cos your life is incomplete without mentioning yoruba. Well can't blame you much, I blame your bakward ancestors.

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by OILSOUP: 12:41am On Oct 09, 2016
wizzakosh:
it is not new, even when your father finds it difficult to folk. Your mother, you will scream yoruba. If your brother sleeps with your wife, still shout yoruba cos your life is incomplete without mentioning yoruba. Well can't blame you much, I blame your bakward ancestors.

YORUBA SHOULD LEARN TO MIND THEIR FOLKING BUSINESS.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by foladara777(m): 12:43am On Oct 09, 2016
OILSOUP:

[b]Who is the u? Are u daft or just delirious? Ndiigbo need nothing from the Zoo, we exercise our right, custom and tradition as we see fit without regard to the Zoo.[/b]hahahahahahahaha!
Mr. Oilsoup! (Whatever that means)... So u are saying d zoo and itz inmates are d ones drawing your attention to d backwardness of ur tradition?? Datz pathetic... Ur culture was supposedly more enlighten now, u guys should be able to fix these issues yourselves and not rely on the wisdom of d people from d zoo... I mean datz just common sense. Right?

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by Nobody: 12:43am On Oct 09, 2016
mich24:
Nigeria Government always looking for ways to destabilize peaceful region of the east, to course uproar among the people, but you know what? Biafra is coming, to give all sons and daughters of the great east their rightful possessions and not the eye service of a country we are in today.
ode, ppl are talking sense, you are talking senseless.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by OILSOUP: 12:44am On Oct 09, 2016
foladara777:

Mr. Oilsoup! (Whatever that means)... So u are saying d zoo and itz inmates are d ones drawing your attention to d backwardness of ur tradition?? Datz pathetic... Ur culture was supposedly more enlighten now, u guys should be able to fix these issues yourselves and not rely on the wisdom of d people from d zoo... I mean datz just common sense. Right?

Abeg make i go enjoy my wife jare. errant nonsense! hisssssssssssssss!
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by Nobody: 12:46am On Oct 09, 2016
OILSOUP:
ANY DAUGHTER OF MINE THAT PUT HAND IN MY PROPERTY WILL TURN MY WIFE THAT DAY AND START HAVING MY CHILDREN, SHE SHOULD FORGET MARRIAGE AND STAY IN HER FATHERS HOUSE AND INHERIT PROPERTY.
we have heard you. We know you are backward like your father.

4 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by foladara777(m): 12:49am On Oct 09, 2016
OILSOUP:

Abeg make i go enjoy my wife jare. errant nonsense! hisssssssssssssss!
grin grin... No comeback this time?? Not surprised... But wait! U are married and your moniker is Oilsoup?? Or u are just using ur first born's account??

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 09, 2016
deliveryboy:
Great, So when her father dies, Amadioha says she cannot inherit his property and her brothers will gleefully deprive her of her inheritance, she does not complain, she moves on and meets an Igbo guy, the guy dies, husband's people comes, wash the dead body collects the water, put in a bowl, gives the woman to drink, she has to sleep in the same room with her husband's corpse for three days to prove her innocence, if innocent, they send her packing from their brother's house into the abyss. Are Igbo girls the Osu I have been hearing about?
what a tribe. Tufiakwa.

3 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by Nobody: 12:51am On Oct 09, 2016
OILSOUP:

AFTER MY SONS MUST HAVE TAKEN OVER WITH MY FULL CONSENT? UNLESS I DID NOT RAISE HER, WILL SHE DARE.

ANYWAY TODAY NEWSPAPER IS TOMORROW TOILET PAPER, NOBODY WILL FOLLOW A YORUBA DECEIVER OVER OUR CUSTOM AND TRADITION.

OUR CUSTOM WILL BE FOLLOWED TO THE LATTER.
eya, what a israelite tribe as claimed..

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 09, 2016
OILSOUP:

DUDE NIGERIA HAS NO FUTURE. TO COEXIST WITH PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT CULTURE AND FAITH REQUIRES RESPECT, YORUBAS HAVE NONE.

THEY ARE DECEIVERS. U HAVE CREATED A SITUATION WHERE THOSE GIRLS WILL BE MURDERED OVER PROPERTY.

LEARN TO RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE CULTURE IT IS THEIR FOR A REASON. WOMEN MOVE ON CHANGE NAME, WAT BUSINESS DOES SHE HAVE WITH HER FATHER PROPERTY.

THE CHOICE IS FOR THE FATHER NOT SUPREME COURT. IN IGBOLAND A FATHER RESERVE THE RIGHT TO GIVE HIS DAUGHTER A GIFT NOT INHERITANCE.
oh yeah, forgotten you ppl always sell your daughters. Unlike yorubas, they value their daughters so much. Even forget that ur dogs n goats are more valuable than your daughters.

5 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by jamislaw(m): 1:08am On Oct 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
This is a welcome development

Nigeria Judicial system is miserable. Case of 1981 is decided in 2016, a whopping 35years after.

Gadamit
Na change era.
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by Nobody: 1:11am On Oct 09, 2016
Princy13:
angry

Thread for the oblong cone-headed amala and ewedu eaters to masturbate on.

If it were to be Ibos on the attack now they will say they have no respect for tradition and their elders.

Double-faced creatures.

Spits...
what is this one saying that is making ppl shedding tears for him.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by Nobody: 1:20am On Oct 09, 2016
OILSOUP:

LOOK AT THE YORUBA PSYCHO, NOW TELL ME IF THEIR IS ANY NEED TO CLONE A FEMALE MONIKER TO COMMENT ON IGBO CULTURAL AFFAIRS.

YORUBAS ARE PSYCHOTIC. IT IS PARTICULARLY WORST IN THEIR MEN OR DO I SAY transgendered.
anybody from igbo that think out of the box are yorubas. I wonder the typeof education ur father gave u. Not sure it is a pure money. I wonder how ur father thinks when he was ur age.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by Nobody: 1:22am On Oct 09, 2016
So 6 pages into the thread and I'm yet to read up to 5 responses from Igbo women. I wanna hear their views, are they in support or not?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by Keegan: 1:32am On Oct 09, 2016
LucifersTongue:
So 6 pages into the thread and I'm yet to read up to 5 responses from Igbo women. I wanna hear their views, are they in support or not?!

Silence means consent.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by shuggah(m): 1:33am On Oct 09, 2016
Young03:
whether they like it or not. traditionally a female can't inherit a land in Igbo land

aru!

Igbo land z not Bini where famales have rights to lands n houses

Igbo aju kwa
so after making all this money and i don't have a son, when i die my uncles wil come to share mt wealth is that what you want
Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by jamislaw(m): 1:35am On Oct 09, 2016
Musharraf:
Islam is d complete way of life.

Check out what Islam said about inheritance.

Quran 4:11
God commands you, with
respect to your children, that the
male shall inherit the equivalent of
the share of two females. If there
are only females – two or more,
then they should receive two-
thirds of what he leaves; but if
there is only one female, she is
entitled to one-half. To each of his
parents, one-sixth of what he
leaves, if he has any children; but if
he has no children, then his
parents will inherit him, the mother
receiving one-third. But if he has
any brothers (or sisters), then his
mother receives one-sixth. (The
distribution in all cases) after any
will he had made or any debt he
had incurred [is taken care of].
Your parents and your children—
you know not who of them is
nearest to you in terms of benefit.
A directive from God; God surely is
All-Aware, Wise.

Quran4:12
In what your wives leave,
your share is a half, if they leave no
child; but if they leave a child, you
get a fourth; all after payment of
legacies and debts. In what you
leave, their share is a fourth, if you
leave no child; but if you leave a
child, they get an eighth; all after
payment of legacies and debts. If
the man or woman whose
inheritance is in question, has left
neither ascendants nor
descendants, but has left a brother
and or a sister, each one of the two
gets a sixth; but if more than two,
they share in a third; all after
payment of legacies and debts; so
that no loss is caused (to any
one). Thus is it ordained by God;
and God is All-Aware, Most
Forbearing.

Quran4:176

They ask you for a legal
decision. Say: God directs (thus)
about those who leave no
descendants or ascendants as
heirs. If it is a man that dies,
leaving a sister but no child, she
shall have half the inheritance. If
(such a deceased was) a woman,
who left no child, her brother takes
her inheritance. If there are two
sisters, they shall have two-thirds
of the inheritance (between them);
if there are brothers and sisters,
(they share), the male having twice
the share of the female. Thus does
God make clear to you (His law),
lest you err. And God has
knowledge of all things.
The “provision for making a will before death
provides a special opportunity for the dying
person to correct any possible imbalance that
he or she might foresee and perceive in the
application of the specific inheritance rules
and to accommodate special considerations
for his or her near relatives who are
disadvantaged or for other poor people he or
she may have in mind. The law of inheritance
prescribed by the Quran also provides for
making a special accommodation for the
needs of the poor, including poor relatives” [2]
at the time of inheritance distribution:

Quran4:7-8
Men shall have a share in
what parents and kinsfolk leave
behind, and women shall have a
share in what parents and kinsfolk
leave behind, whether it be little or
much – a share ordained [by God].
And when at the time of
distribution (of inheritance),
relatives, orphans, and the needy
are present, give them (out of the
property) and speak to them
kindly.”

NB: I will advice you to do research about Islam.
wonderful........ they claim to be a christain but they take tradition first before religion. hypocrisy of first order.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Upholds Right Of Female Child To Inherit Properties In Igboland by Nobody: 1:36am On Oct 09, 2016
Scholes007:
Then she shouldn't cry when it turns bloody. To me if my sister is married to another man & a property is not willed to her, she should just leave in peace for the sake of peace. I wouldn't hesitate to kill or get killed to maintain my father's and brothers linage because her linage is with her husband unless she is some way out of marriage.
you also inherit your brother's wife o. Get her pregnant as well. taar, I spit on these ppl's lives.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

My Portharcourt Eneka 6 Flats Project. / Kindly Help Me Critique This four Bedroom Bungalow Plan / 12 Mtr DEEP& 6Mtrs DEEP PILLING BY MOORE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.