Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,918 members, 7,806,668 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Penstruation - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Penstruation (1346 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Penstruation by amberacious: 9:03pm On Oct 08, 2016
PENSTRUATION
Amberacious version ©2016

1 Share

Re: Penstruation by amberacious: 9:21pm On Oct 08, 2016
CHAPTER ONE

The Calling
1 On the ninth day after the Day of Independence, while I rode on the Yellow Faragon beast in the street of Lagoon city chasing my dream, the word of our Heroes Past came to me,
2 saying, Amber! Son of Racious, grace be upon you for you are the last of the scribe tribe in Naija Land.
3 Now, take from your time savings and go to the mountain of social media, purchase a plot of land therein, and tarry there until I send you a sign.
4 And so I, Amber, son of Racious, took from my time savings and journeyed up to the mountain of social media, wherein I purchased a plot,
5 and behold like a trance I saw the tears of our Heroes Past dropping from their labour.
6 And I tremble in fear, but our Heroes Past said unto me, Fear not, Amber, son of Racious.
7 Are you not a descendant of the scribe? Are you not trained in the arts of healing? See as my people, the Naijarites are contaminating the land and making Naija Land sick.
8 Behold I have called you to bring a cure to my people and a healing to the land.
9 Now, bring forth your pen and fill it with your blood, then write down these things that I will show you.
10 So I built an altar on the plot and named it PENSTRUATION, “for from here my pen shall bleed.”
Re: Penstruation by amberacious: 9:23pm On Oct 08, 2016
CHAPTER TWO

Captives of the Mighty
1 The spirit of our Heroes Past took me by hand to the pages of today’s dailies
2 and behold I saw a vision of High Priests of the Judicial Temple held captives in the middle of the night,
3 I saw some people hailing, and some people wailing.
4 Then the spirit of our Heroes Past said to me, Amber, son of Racious, tell me what do you see?
5 and I replied, spirit of our Heroes Past, I see High Priests of our Judicial Temple held in captives in the middle of the night, I see some people hailing and some people wailing.
6 The spirit said to me you have seen right. Blessed are those who have eyes and choose to see. Then, the spirit said, tell me what you understand by this vision.
7 I replied I am but a mortal, how can a mortal understand the things of the spirit except they are revealed to him.
8 The spirit of our Heroes Past then said to me, pick your pen and write these down
9 Beware of corrupt High Priests of the Judicial Temple, for they are ready to trade justice for few coins in their pockets.
10 Beware of the custodians of law that break the law but hide under the rule of law.
11 Beware of Witch-hunter that hearkens not to the voice of whistle blower, for how will he protect such whistle blower when he hears him not.
12 Beware of power, for it intoxicates.
13 Shall we then keep shut and watch our land infected with incurable impunity?
14 God forbid!
15 Verily, verily I say unto you, the time is coming and the time is now, when you shall hear of arrests and rumours of arrest but no conviction.
16 Fear not, if the work of your hand is pure. But take heed if your hands are stained with smear of the national cake
17 Run quickly and join the company of Buha the son of Hari, confess to be a change and your sins of the past, the present and future shall be erased.
18 Woe unto the hunter that selectively hunts his prey on the plains of equity, fairness and justice.
19 Pity not the captives of the mighty, for they all loot their way into the chains of the mighty.
20 Weep instead for the system.
21 Let the rich weep for the rich, and the poor weep for the poor.

1 Like

Re: Penstruation by Akposb(m): 11:20pm On Oct 08, 2016
Man, your pen is really dripping with the blood of the distorted society we live in at present. Words almost poetic but the message cannot be missed.

1 Like

Re: Penstruation by amberacious: 8:30am On Oct 09, 2016
Akposb:
Man, your pen is really dripping with the blood of the distorted society we live in at present. Words almost poetic but the message cannot be missed.

Thanks boss.
Re: Penstruation by amberacious: 8:32am On Oct 09, 2016
CHAPTER THREE

Fuji House of Commotion

1 And it came to pass in those days that Buha son of Hari entered the Judicial Temple and found those who were selling justice and High Priests that were corrupt at their business.
2 And making a whip of cord out of the state service, he drove them all, he overturned and he searched the houses of corrupt High Priests and the rooms of those that sold justice.
3 He counted their ill gotten wealth, 25,970 pieces of gold; 5,680 pieces of silver; 530,087 pieces of bronze; 93,558,000 pieces of copper.
4 And he said to them, “This house shall be called a house of Justice; but you make it a den of robbers.”
5 The hailers remembered that it was written, “My government shall have zero tolerance for corruption.”
6 But the wailers said to him, “what authority do you have to desecrate the Judicial Temple and perform such abominable act?”
7 He answered them, “Do you not know that change begins with me.”
8 The wailers then said, “How do you say change begins with me when you dine and wine with corrupt officials in your palace?”
9 Buha son of Hari then directed his whip of cord to the South-lands but Wikke son of Eze the leader of the Riverbed clan took the form of Prince of Persia and held onto the whip of cord.
10 So the whip of cord did not strike at the Riverbed city
11 Also, Fayo the son of Yose, the leader of Ekete clan, who once sent bandits to beat up a High Priest went up to the Vanguard mountain and cried out, “Oh Buha, son of Hari, why hath thou oppress the High Priests of Judicial Temple?”
12 For when you fight corruption, corruption fights back
13 But what shall it profit a man that catches a thief red handed and makes him the advocate and judge over his own case.
14 Weep not for the captives of the mighty, weep instead for the system.
Re: Penstruation by joanee20(f): 3:43pm On Oct 09, 2016
Wow!! nice indeed.

1 Like

Re: Penstruation by amberacious: 4:36pm On Oct 09, 2016
joanee20:
Wow!! nice indeed.

Thanks... Hope to see your comments and criticisms in subsequent chapters...
Re: Penstruation by joanee20(f): 3:27pm On Oct 10, 2016
amberacious:

Thanks... Hope to see your comments and criticisms in subsequent chapters...

No problemo..following

1 Like

Re: Penstruation by amberacious: 4:41pm On Oct 10, 2016
CHAPTER FOUR

Dining with the Devil

1 The Spirit of our Heroes Past showed me another vision
2 I saw victorious political generals returned from battle with their spoil.y
3 They marched straight to the King’s Palace where a table was prepared for them in the presence of their enemies.
4 After each General took his seat, the king announced, “These are my mighty men of valour, in whom I am well pleased, for your bravery has bestowed the throne to me.”
5 “Now, Eat to your fill and drink to your merry.”
6 “Fill your belly with the National cake straight from the bakery and your cups with choicest wine from every corner of Naija Land.”
7 Then the king said to one of the generals, “Come, sit by my side, for blessed are you among all the generals.”
8 So the Generals began to merry, each got his plate filled and his cup ran over, while the exalted general sat next to the king.
9 First, the choicest fruits from the palace garden were shared but the exalted general got none.
10 Then for the Spoils from the Legislative Temple, a lot was cast but the exalted general was outsmarted, so he got none again
11 The New wine from the Confluence city was poured into the exalted general’s cup, but the cup dropped and the wine spilled before he could have a taste, so he got none again.
12 Suffering in the midst of plenty. Even at the king’s table, the exalted general was dying of hunger and thirst.
13 Then the Cup bearer approached the table with the choicest wine from the Sunshine city.
14 The exalted general in desperation raised his cup to be filled with wine, for he was thirsty.
15 But the Cup bearer ignored him yet again, so he got none.
16 Soon the exalted general became the neglected general.
17 Out of frustration he arose, torn his clothes and covered his body with ashes and sack clothes.
18 He cried out, “Why hath thou treated me unjustly?”
19 “Did I not bleed on the battle field for the king to be crowned?”
20 Then he said to Cup bearer, “Thou hath partial in thy dealings, Lo! I will give myself no sleep until you resign your post in the palace and take up a position amongst the foot soldiers in the camp.”
21 The spirit of our Heroes Past said to me, “Amber, son of Racious, what do you understand by this vision?”
22 I replied I am but a mortal, how can a mortal understand the things of the spirit except they are revealed to him.
23 The spirit of our Heroes Past then said to me, pick your pen and write these down
24 Verily, verily I say unto you, he who must dine with the devil must come with a long spoon.
25 When you dine on a political table, keep your friends close but your enemies closer.
26 My son, when politicians entice you for your vote, do not consent.
27 Beware of the company you keep, beware of wolf in sheep clothing.
28 For a sheep will always be a sheep and a dog will always be a dog.

Remember to drop your comment on your favorite verse.
Re: Penstruation by amberacious: 5:23pm On Oct 16, 2016
CHAPTER FOUR

The Kitchen, the living room and the other rooms

1 And it came to pass, in the time that kings go to visit. King Buha of Naija Land visited the Queen of the Germaland.
2 While he was away, his beloved wife, Queen Aish went to the bank of the BeeBee Sea, she entered canoe and gave a sermon.
3 “Oh King Buha, son of Hari, who has bewitched you?”
4 You that once stood tallest amongst your equals now have become a footstool for strangers to mount on.
5 Like a thief cometh in the night, strangers came in while you were asleep. And they planted weeds in your garden. Now that the harvest is ripe, the garden cannot be entered because the weeds have turned it to forest.
6 Strangers have filled everywhere; they have taken over the kitchen, the living room and other rooms.
7 Every dinner I serve in the palace, I serve to strange faces. Faces unseen before you were crowned as king.
8 I weep for you Naijarites for the strangers have taken over your dining rooms too; they have carried away the National cake to share it amongst themselves.
9 While the bakers starve and the labourers go without wage, the strangers who did not sow get their stomach and pockets filled.
10 Oh Naijarites, tell your king to come out his association with strangers.
11 Tell him his days on the throne are numbered, if he does not change his company, he will search for me by his side and find me not. I Queen Aish have spoken.
12 When the people of Germaland heard about the sermon of Queen Aish. They went to King Buha who was in their land and they said to him.
13 “Long live the King! We received news that your woman, the queen is missing from your side, so we have come to ask “Where hath thy woman?”
14 And at the same hour, King Buha searched his sides and found not his queen, and then he said to them,
15 “My woman is not by my side, for she is where she belongs.”
16 “Know you not that my woman belong only to the kitchen, living room and other rooms?”
17 And the people grumbled amongst themselves, for what King Buha said was a blaspheme against the feminine. They wondered, “How could he ridicule his beloved wife in such manner?”
18 Then they remembered the prophecy of Queen Pat, the Wife of the former king, King Jonat, son of Nathan, which she prophesied in the coal city long before.
19 “My fellow widows, as you prepare to choose a King that will rule over you, I pray you choose Jonat the son of Nathan.
20 “But God forbids, if you choose Buha son of Hari, then, woe unto your women.”
21 “For they will be imprisoned in the kitchen, living room and other rooms.”
22 For a sheep will always be a sheep, and a dog will always be a dog.
23 But when respect is the watchword, even a sheep and a dog get along.
24 Marriage is sacred, marital issues are private; do not allow your status as a public figure tempt you to make them public.
25 He that washes his dirty laundry outside on a windy day should not complain when the wind carries them to his neighbour’s yard.
26 Words run on one way traffic, once set in motion, they cannot be recalled.
27 No matter the height you may have attained, love and respect the wife of your youth, she holds the power to make or mar you.
28 There is power in unity, even respect is better when it is reciprocal.
Re: Penstruation by Akposb(m): 6:27pm On Oct 16, 2016
Man you are veering into the path of prophecy... let's see how your script pans out as events unfold.

1 Like

Re: Penstruation by owen10(m): 1:39am On Oct 17, 2016
This is sweet bro...
Quite enjoying

1 Like

Re: Penstruation by amberacious: 7:01am On Oct 17, 2016
Akposb:
Man you are veering into the path of prophecy... let's see how your script pans out as events unfold.

Hmmm... But I m no prophet, just a scribe to our Heroes past.... Winks.... But like you said, let's wait and see what happens next in the land of one day, one drama.
Re: Penstruation by amberacious: 7:04am On Oct 17, 2016
owen10:
This is sweet bro...
Quite enjoying

Thanks for the feedback... Will do my best for subsequent chapters to be interesting as well...
Re: Penstruation by mozele(m): 12:25am On Sep 11, 2017
What has gone wrong with the scribe? Has the voices of our heroes past desserted him?

Why hast thou drifted away from thy calling?

Like Jo the son of Nah, have you decided to do your own biddings instead of that of the Heroes past?

aberacious

(1) (Reply)

Are you a Freelance Writer - Increase your Earnings with these 6 tips / My Housemaid - Episode 2 / Your Housegirl And Your Prophet..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.