Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,554 members, 7,809,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) (22522 Views)

The Webmaster Board Of Nairaland Is Kind Of Too Dull / I Need Help Of Nairaland Webmasters. / A Throwback Pic Of Nairaland Wayback 2005 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by AlexReports(m): 4:59am On Oct 09, 2016
The lessons global village taught us in school then, sounded like a myriad to a lot of us but today we celebrate the closeness platforms like Nairaland has presented to us to interact with people across international boundaries within an online portal. Rated the biggest and most visited platform in Africa, Nai‎raland came to reality in 2005 after years handwork that showed the perfect interpretation " from conception to completion"

Last year,  Nairaland was honoured at the Nigerian Customer Service Award ‎as Best Blog Company of the Year 2015. The logo of Naira sign was on the backdrop and red carpet, so I expected Mr Seun or one of the moderators to come out to receive it but no one did. On informing the organisers after the event, that i was a nairalander - AlexReports, they were excited and planned on the presentation in Abuja. The Nigeria Customer service last year was supported by Konga.com and DHL while the 2016 edition held last week was powered by Bank of Industry. 

See some overwheling opinionated facts about ‎nairaland below

> It Has The Highest Google Presence In Africa As Indigenous webSite

> It Is The Most Visited Indigenous Platform In Nigeria

> Only Google, Facebook, LinkedIn Or Yahoo Are Foreign Sites That Are Higher In Viewership than Nairaland

> Over 1000 Stories Are Posted Daily On The Site But About 100 Topics Make Front Page In A Day

> Not All Nairalander's ( I.e those with Account) Stories make Headline

> Any Story On Nairaland that Make Front Page (Headline) Is Viewed By Over 50 Countries

>There Are Few Super Moderators And Moderators That Can Influence Or Select Stories That Make Front Page

> 70% Of Stories On Headline Are Copied Freely By Other Blogs that Make it Go Viral

> Nairaland Has Been In Existence Since 2005 As No One Can Attest Of Knowing The Owner " Seun" who Is always behind the Scene

> 80 % Of Bloggers Have Accounts On Nairaland but Very Few Have Access To FrontPage Privilege

> Notable Nigerians and Top Government Officials Constantly Visit Nairaland Every day.

> There Are Several reactions On Nairaland Which Attract about 1000 comments in A Single Headline Post

> Only AlexReports Has Received Award On Behalf Of Nairaland At Nigeria Customer Service Award Last Year " Best Online Company of The Year 2015

>A Nairalander Risk The Possibility of Been Banned For Spamming i.e posting stories on different Comment Sections

>There Are Over 1.6Million Nairaland Members Who Post Stories Worldwide

> Nairaland Dwells More On Stories That Attract Traffic Which Makes Hitting Headline Competitive.

>There Are Defined Advert Sections On Nairaland Which Are Paid For with Banner sizes and Payment Durations

>Nairaland Has Over 40 Topic Sections For Stories That Are Usually Moved To FrontPage.

> It Remains The Biggest Interactive Online Platform In Africa That Gives You All Details About Nigeria

>AlexReports as Nairalander has spoken on popular Nancy Ilo "Money Show" on AIT with Reruns (playbacks) Where he discussed about " Internet Economy In Nigeria" with Nairaland as his case Study.

>Finally, Nairaland is only among selected platforms that are internet friendly especially templete and data consumption

IG @alexreports

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by AlexReports(m): 5:01am On Oct 09, 2016
Nice

1 Share

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by divinehand2003(m): 5:07am On Oct 09, 2016
Only AlexReports posted this info and then was FTC. Bro don't be a greedy one ooo.

Nice article though

7 Likes

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by DrRasheed: 5:32am On Oct 09, 2016
Despite having 1.6 million members, it's very rare getting a post with 1000 thousand likes.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 09, 2016
I was thinking Seun will be the first person to comment on this laudable thread. Sometimes i keep wondering if our guy is a ghost, no one knows what he looks like! Thumbs up @Alexreports!

5 Likes

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by pendusky(m): 5:59am On Oct 09, 2016
Nairaland was considered a poo especially with its looks few years back, u couldn't register account until 2009. Seun unlike Linda Ikeji is making millions but not out of its nest, I like his personality. more grace Nairaland, I benefit alots from this forum.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by AlexReports(m): 6:31am On Oct 09, 2016
More

1 Share

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by galadima77(m): 6:38am On Oct 09, 2016
U try... Alex...dey hail yourself, u hear?

34 Likes

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by fattbabakay(m): 12:58pm On Oct 09, 2016
DrRasheed:
Despite having 1.6 million members, it's very rare getting a post with 1000 thousand likes.
How many posts have you liked today??

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by AlexReports(m): 2:44pm On Oct 09, 2016
Pictures of last year event

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by Toluwani111: 6:06pm On Oct 09, 2016
Lalasticalala
Mynd44
Dominique
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by GloShare(m): 6:32pm On Oct 09, 2016
no time to dulll

this dude is pushing it!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by CharleyCharley: 6:33pm On Oct 09, 2016
So?
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by DoyenExchange: 6:34pm On Oct 09, 2016
Very good. Keep it up.
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
Aww.
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by gen2briz(m): 6:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
DrRasheed:

Because we're all have different interest.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by princeonx: 6:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
Naira dey lose value daily you dey receive award for Nairaland ! grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by George22016(m): 6:36pm On Oct 09, 2016
seun is a billionaire
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by princeonx: 6:37pm On Oct 09, 2016
George22016:
seun is a billionaire
In naira or in kobo?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by chimah3(m): 6:37pm On Oct 09, 2016
Nice one
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by zarakay(f): 6:37pm On Oct 09, 2016
The seventh pix though...those ladies are cute.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by kingphilip(m): 6:38pm On Oct 09, 2016
Nairaland is really popular today because of persistence I guess because I'm sure challenges were faced during its introductory stages and seun never gave up but continued pushing it up despite all odds

This should also be a propeller to all of us that we should put those ideas into use because we may never know how it will span out in the next few years

Congratulations nairaland
Congratulations nairalanders
Congratulations to all the mods
Congratulations Mr seun for giving us those platform

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by Amastermovic(m): 6:38pm On Oct 09, 2016
waiting to see seun post here just quote me if you did... Happy for you
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by casttlebarbz(m): 6:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
Bhiysjmhssj hmm ff
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by danbilbo(m): 6:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
You deserve the awards sir. You really try.

Its too much sef. Na only you dey cover all the beauty pageants for Nairaland.

Meanwhile, 18-seater commercial bus available here for just 750k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by chimah3(m): 6:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
I see Susan
Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by hotcakept2: 6:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
AlexReports:
> Any Story On Nairaland that Make Front Page (Headline) Is Viewed By Over 50 Countries
Yet thread that makes no sense keep making frontpage undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by blithe2nice(m): 6:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
Alex wey d money wen follow d award ni?

6 Likes

Re: Nairalander Receives Award On Behalf Of Nairaland (photos) by rawpadgin(m): 6:40pm On Oct 09, 2016
if our names are not inscribed on it then.......

eff it!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Of Appeal Website Hacked After Shiites' Killing / Quickteller's ONE TIME PASSWORD : My Experience And Grievance / Facebook, Messenger And Instagram ‘Down’ In Mysterious Mass Outage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.