Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,235 members, 7,780,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:31 PM

Kano/sokoto - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kano/sokoto (710 Views)

Sokoto Residents Help Me!! / Pilot Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto As Tyres Exploded After Take-off / Sokoto To Lagos By Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano/sokoto by cenzo(m): 10:24am On Oct 19, 2009
i am not even sure where to post this question but i guess you can move it if you feel it ain't appropriate. anyway, lil background info, i'm not nigeria at all but i was born there and spent my baby years there till moving to north america. anyway, where i was born/lived while in nigeria was in sokoto and kano, i think kano was where i was mostly at. since i was only a kid, i can't remember way too much bout the place other then it open fields, not much of a urban area and dealing with sand storms. anyway, i left way in the early 80s and haven't been back to nigeria since then. so i am here posting, how those areas are these days, like has it changed for the better or worst or whatnot. i'd love to visit nigeria and all but my money situation is so bogus these days, i can barely afford to go downtown, let alone an african country.
Re: Kano/sokoto by maxell(f): 12:24pm On Oct 19, 2009
try and use google
Re: Kano/sokoto by cenzo(m): 12:02am On Oct 20, 2009
then what would a forum be useful for? this was a topic starter and asking folks actually from there with possible back and forth interaction. using teh googles can only get you certain amount of info.
Re: Kano/sokoto by DisGuy: 12:52am On Oct 20, 2009
Its more developed now, it used to be very exciting backi n the late 90s early 2000-still is to many people
after 2003 Abuja developed rapidly politicians southerners and businessmen moved southwards abuja and kaduna
due to riots, dirty environment and sharia law

The Lebanese are having a field day though, building guest houses, and some entertainment centre in the business district

Kano like many states in the north will be the town that time forgot in some few years I'm afraid
Re: Kano/sokoto by darne(m): 12:53am On Oct 20, 2009
Lol,, My parents are from Norths,, Katsina preciselly but i was born here in Lagos,, We have families in Kano and i do go out to visit them,, I haven`t been there since last year,.And i`ll let you know that Kano Is Okay,.Very Cool(Depending on were you`re staying tho),, And you should know the seasons before going out there,.There seasons are x2 to what we get here,.Like the raining season,, Their rainy season is x2 very much than here in Lagos and the same goes for Sun,.So you should know all these before going out there,, And maybe someone else would help you with Sokoto lol,, I`ll show you some google pictures tho wink cheesy

(1) (Reply)

School In Dubai And Work / New Rules Of Air Travel For Nigerians Heading For The United States / Wannabe Saviour Drives Car Into Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.