Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,857 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

What Is The Meaning Of “ezemo?” - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Meaning Of “ezemo?” (10094 Views)

What Is The Meaning Of Adimunia/adimula ? / The Meaning Of Edo Flag Of Benin Kingdom / Understanding The Meaning Of "Amen" And Why You Shouldn't Say "Amen" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning Of “ezemo?” by AjalaJ(m): 12:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
I’m not Ibo/Igbo but I love them, because their culture, tradition and ways of life never cease to intrigue me.

I often hear EZE (think of Eze Goes to School), and I phoned one elderly man in Owerri, who happens to be my friend’s dad. He told me Eze has something to do with “king.” But he lived most of his life in Lagos before he went back to Owerri.

His children were born and bred in Lagos, and therefore, they don’t understand Igbo language.

Now, please, what’s Eze? And most importantly, what Ezemo?

Is it a name or a title or what?

I’d appreciate and answer by a knowledgeable person.

Neteller here: www..com.ng
Re: What Is The Meaning Of “ezemo?” by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 09, 2016
am not an igbo but Eze is like a leader i.e king in Igbo land
But the ezemo.. The Jewish migrants people will explain better
Over to yougrin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of “ezemo?” by Oksman(m): 1:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
Oba orun! King of spirits. Shikena!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of “ezemo?” by Chinachriss(m): 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2016
Eze means King but I didn't get the Ezemo part or is it Ezemmuo you wanted to ask about? Ezemmuo means King of the spirits or another appellation for Chief Priest. Maybe you are thinking of Ezemo o! used in Natheniel Bassey's Imeela, it however, means my King!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of “ezemo?” by bigfrancis21: 3:55pm On Oct 09, 2016
AjalaJ:
I’m not Ibo/Igbo but I love them, because their culture, tradition and ways of life never cease to intrigue me.

I often hear EZE (think of Eze Goes to School), and I phoned one elderly man in Owerri, who happens to be my friend’s dad. He told me Eze has something to do with “king.” But he lived most of his life in Lagos before he went back to Owerri.

His children were born and bred in Lagos, and therefore, they don’t understand Igbo language.

Now, please, what’s Eze? And most importantly, what Ezemo?

Is it a name or a title or what?

I’d appreciate and answer by a knowledgeable person.

Neteller here: www..com.ng

Eze m ooo means my king. If you meant to say Eze mmuo, it means king of the spirits or one who has access to commune with the spirits. Eze simply means king or leader.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of “ezemo?” by AjalaJ(m): 5:24am On Oct 10, 2016
Hi Forumers:

Thank you very much for your insightful answers. Your contributions are appreciated!

With humble regards....

(1) (Reply)

Christians And Traditional Chieftaincy Titles / Ahmad Garba Gunna Emerges New Emir Of Kagara / Let Us Discuss About Anunuebe, The Mysterious Tree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.