Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,781 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually (23058 Views)

Omogunwa's Defection To APC: PDP Senators Walk Out On Saraki / EFCC Files Fresh Charges Against Fani-kayode / Saraki Faces Fresh Charges For Receiving Governor’s Salary As Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by dre11(m): 3:30pm On Oct 09, 2016
Forgery of Senate Rules: FG set to press fresh charges on Saraki, Ekweremadu individually

…Says case withdrawn to enable police question suspects, witnesses

By Soni Daniel, Northern Region Editor

In what appears as pyrrhic victory for Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki and his deputy, Ike Ekweremadu, the forgery case against them, which the Federal Government surreptitiously withdrew last week, is to be filed afresh by the same government.

However, according to findings by Vanguard, the government will charge the two Senate leaders individually as opposed to the previous one where they were jointly docked.

A top Justice Ministry official told Vanguard last night that the case was primarily withdrawn because the Nigeria Police Force, handling the case, was yet to conclude its investigation.

In fact, as the source pointed out, the NPF is yet to interrogate Saraki and Ekweremadu and other officials of the National Assembly said to have masterminded the forgery of the Senate
Rules used in conducting the inauguration of the 8th NASS.

“You can see that under the Criminal Justice Act, the statement of the accused persons and all the witnesses are expected to be filed and it would have been wrong to have pressed ahead with the case when the police are yet to conclude their investigations,” the MoJ official pointed out.

“The federal government considered it appropriate to withdraw the case and conclude the investigation and attach both the statements by the accused and the witnesses before filing fresh charges against the suspects.

“We want to strengthen our position and present a solid case against the suspects as required under the Criminal Justice Administration Act,” the official told Vanguard.

However when contacted, the Attorney General of the Federation, Mr. Abubakar Malami, confirmed that a fresh charge would only be pressed against the suspects when the government was ready and declined to say.
“I will get back to you on the matter when we are ready,” Malami said.

The fresh determination by the government to file charges against the Senate gladiators, appears to have short lived their celebration of the initial abrogation of the charges filed against them.

The withdrawal of the charges had elicited nationwide commentary, fuelling speculations that the Presidency, fingered as the arrowhead of the case, had opted to make peace with the NASS leadership, which it fell out with as a result of their emergence last year.

Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, APC National Leader, Asiwaju Tinubu and other Nigerian leaders promptly lauded the move once it was announced.

But the optimism of the leaders appears to have been shortlived with the plan to slam the Senators with fresh charges.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/10/forgery-senate-rules-fg-set-press-fresh-charges-saraki-ekweremadu-individually/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by vanbonattel: 3:31pm On Oct 09, 2016
Do you think the Federal government will swallow the shame of releasing these men like that?

They will come back with more trumped up charges to destabilise the legislature just like they are dealing blows to the judiciary now.

Bubu is a dictator and all he is trying to do is make the other two arms of government redundant.

We are slowly moving back to 1984, welcome to military dictatorship grin

115 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by freeze001(f): 3:33pm On Oct 09, 2016
This is what to look out for :

However when contacted, the Attorney General of the Federation, Mr. Abubakar Malami, confirmed that a fresh charge would only be pressed against the suspects when the government was ready and declined to say.
“I will get back to you on the matter when we are ready,” Malami said.

Until they are ready. So they know that witnesses and accused persons ought to be questioned and statements attached before filing an action? So why the hurry to appeae busy and impress gullible zombies when they have not complied with basic requirements?

Why do they find it more convenient to circumvent the rights of their latest victims and then rush straight to the press/courts? If the court had thrown out such thoroughly defective processes before they received some sense they would say d judges were corrupt yet they're the ones that fail to do the to right thing despite the huge salaries n emoluments they collect.

If not for the fact that the CCT President is completely biased, d matter against Saraki would have also been dismissed as being the same issue against Tinubu for failure to inform and question the accused before charging him. Instead he said he was mistaken and overruled himself. If he finishes his jamboree now and his decision gets quashed on appeal for this fundamental flaw, idiots will still say the judges were corrupt.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by bennyann: 3:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
Excuse moi ! Is this not what we call 'confusion'? undecided

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by ammyluv2002(f): 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2016
Confusion everywhere grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by maryjan8(f): 3:38pm On Oct 09, 2016
Ok
Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by Tremor007: 3:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
I don't need any soothsayer to tell me that Saraki's balls will be deep fried like Akara Elepo. Saraki cannot escape on this one.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by AshiwajuFoward: 4:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
If only Buhari devoted half as much effort and vigour to the economy as he is to 'fighting kwarapshan' and his perceived enemies up and down, maybe.. just maybe we won't be in a recession right now. undecided

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by globe16: 4:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
This matter is over.. This is just a PR move.. This matter is over!!!

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
freeze001:
This is what to look out for :

Until they are ready. So they know that witnesses and accused persons ought to be questioned and statements attached before filing an action? So why the hurry to appeae busy and impress gullible zombies when they have not complied with basic requirements?

Why do they find it more convenient to circumvent the
rights of their latest victims and then rush straight to the press/courts? If the court had thrown out such thoroughly defective processes before they received some sense they would say d judges were corrupt yet they're the ones that fail to do the to right thing despite the huge salaries n emoluments they collect.

If not for the fact that the CCT President is completely biased, d matter against Saraki would have also been dismissed as being the same issue against Tinubu for failure to inform and question the accused before charging him. Instead he said he was mistaken and overruled himself. If he finishes his jamboree now and his decision gets quashed on appeal for this fundamental flaw, idiots will still say the judges were corrupt.
I was already getting worried when you became scarce in nairaland. Thinking whether the forces of darkness in the land 'evacuated' you. Welcome back!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by Bugatie(m): 4:02pm On Oct 09, 2016
And the rat race continues...

Rat race that has no impact on the economy or the masses

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 09, 2016
Ok
Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by Africonji: 4:03pm On Oct 09, 2016
This Buhari guy is very wicked and vindictive. He doesn't forgive and forget. Very wicked man! But Ekweremadu is a child of God, he will overcome you Buhari.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by ijustdey: 4:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
I hope this case won't be dragged till the end of this government tenure because it's seems to be going that way.

1 Like

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:06pm On Oct 09, 2016
The Senate is an independent arm of government like the Executive
grin
#IStandWithSamDaddy

5 Likes

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by Pidggin(f): 4:07pm On Oct 09, 2016
Who will pay for the waste of funds when the case is struck out again

5 Likes

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by biaframustcome: 4:10pm On Oct 09, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin

In 2015 immediately I realised the impending mistake, I quickly stashed enough money to see me through the 4 years.
Now I just dey chew pop corn, dey observe

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by kingphilip(m): 4:25pm On Oct 09, 2016
This is now turning to play play after all.. They wanted to use it against Tinubu but immediately he celebrated it, they had to change it and bring in another saying they wanted to repackage

How about the two people they continued their cases.. Were their investigations complete??

Any which way no be my problem

I cannot come and go and kill myself ontop people wey go go backyard de celebrate and laugh at the common man for killing themselves on their behalf

Nigeria 8 hail una o

12 Likes

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by mazifrankmore: 4:28pm On Oct 09, 2016
Which kind olodo president is this?
Nigerians are dying this old fool!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
This is a sequel to the earlier drama. Nigerian politicians are natural thespians. Let them keep up with their theatricals while the docile citizens cheer them on.

6 Likes

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by veekid(m): 4:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
Is Buhari kidding me?

2 Likes

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by greatiyk4u(m): 4:41pm On Oct 09, 2016
Not a bad idea

1 Like

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by freeze001(f): 5:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
razortruth:
I was already getting worried when you became scarce in nairaland. Thinking whether the forces of darkness in the land 'evacuated' you. Welcome back!

Nna nwannem there was an evacuation but even afterwards I actually froze for a bit until the issue with d judges...crazy stuff I tell ya. Thanks a lot! Howdy?

6 Likes

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 09, 2016
freeze001:

Nna nwannem there was an evacuation but even afterwards I actually froze for a bit until the issue with d judges...crazy stuff I tell ya. Thanks a lot! Howdy?
Great. Tread safely these days, times are different!

3 Likes

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 09, 2016
Amazing movement Mynd44... I thought the previous thread was locked and key thrown away.

Great decision...shame on those celebrants especially

- Nigerian Senate and Spokesman
- Tinubu
- Atiku
- Fayose

Others....

1 Like

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by TheFreeOne: 6:07pm On Oct 09, 2016
You charged them to court without proper investigation and after demonizing their image withdrew the case and then to re-charge them again for same offence

Strange but if true then only an incompetent and confused government can come up with such gross ineptitude.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by kakameks: 6:20pm On Oct 09, 2016
for them to be charged individually, should be worrisome for Ekweremadu.
He is the main target here. Saraki can eventually be pardon thru. a technical decision, but Ekweremadu will not be spared till he is removed.
The FG has seen fighting them together is a tough one, but separately they can divide the house and stand a better chance of victory.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by DLondonboiy: 6:38pm On Oct 09, 2016
Wonderful...

This has been the plan all along..

Remove Ekeremadu! But do it in such a way that saraki would not be affected....

Wonderful....

Just wonderful...

3 Likes

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by MrDavidson: 6:40pm On Oct 09, 2016
That was expected. I knew deep within me that that cannot be the end of the case. The people who congratulated them were too hasty to have done that. These two people need to be used as examples for other politicians. Forgery - anywhere in the world - is a grievous crime.

1 Like

Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by fulanimafia: 6:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
Ekweremadu had better watch his back.

With the current purported realignment, Saraki'd influence in the NC could serve as his bargaining chip.

Only the gullible really thought that President Buhari would let that forgery case be finally withdrawn.
Re: FG To File Fresh Charges On Saraki, Ekweremadu Individually by PedroJP(m): 6:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
MrDavidson:
That was expected. I knew deep within me that that cannot be the end of the case. The people who congratulated them were too hasty to have done that. These two people need to be used as examples for other politicians. Forgery - anywhere in the world - is a grievous crime.

u need a cure from foolishness. So u still have hope in all these power games they are playing ? Are u a one way thinker, i mean a zombie ? Do u operate on batteries ?

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amaechi For Minister Of Niger Delta - Egift / Buhari's Govt. Is Rotten - Fayose, Says FG Plans To Release Fresh 'Chibok Girls' / Lai Mohammed: Bandits Are Simple Criminals; Have No Flags Like Boko Haram, IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.